Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Worst would be if they bought the gun, shot up the store, and then tried to return it. Even though the Customer Service kid knows it was used they would still have to give him store credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Solid chance this is both the first and last time Josh Hawley has cared about Walmart's labor or wages.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

All the Karens and the bulked-up hicks
They cannot run, run from bargains.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Sorry to link my own tweet but I am on my phone:

https://twitter.com/capntastic/status/1344554875992985601

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

I'm amazed Run the Jewels isn't more popular, because not only are their songs incredible their music videos are like modern art in the sheer creativity going on.

The netflix Killer Mike show was incredible but it faded into obscurity after like 2 weeks.

Have you seen the video for Yankee & The Brave? God it's great. I haven't watched the new one yet, but it's on my list to catch up on.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Capntastic posted:

Sorry to link my own tweet but I am on my phone:

https://twitter.com/capntastic/status/1344554875992985601
Is there a problem with the game about shooting nazis/hitler while they are also corn flakes? What's wrong with choosing that game?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There are a great many games on the humble store that feature no depictions of Hitler at all

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Dylan16807 posted:

Is there a problem with the game about shooting nazis/hitler while they are also corn flakes? What's wrong with choosing that game?

Probably just that without the context of what the game is, it just appears to be a logo with iffy typography and Spongebob in Hitler cosplay, which seems like a bad thing to associate your company with.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's got a Hitler analog and appears to be called Cornflakestein

I immediately snap to hit videogame series about murdering Nazis Wolfenstein

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Well great, now my Charlie Chaplin cereal game advertisements are ruined

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

There are a great many games on the humble store that feature no depictions of Hitler at all
Would it be bad somehow if they promoted Wolfenstein itself?

Unless there's something wrong with this specific game beyond it being a Wolfenstein clone, "The game has Hitler for you to shoot so promoting the game is pro-Hitler or pro-Nazi or similar." is a ridiculous take.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I don't think it's that weird to think having a big cute cartoony Hitler right up front is a bit odd. It's pretty obvious what the game actually is, but it feels more like an ad you'd get 15 years ago or something.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

"Cornflake Hitler is about to make you his bitch!"
Available exclusively on the SEGA 32x!!!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

You'd expect that the Hitler cereals were at least a bit nutsy.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, a cute cartoony Hitler-thing front and center is a bad look, easily misinterpreted. Actual Wolfenstein games, both old and new, don't plaster a picture of Hitler on the box art or storefront page. They feature the protagonist, often in battle against the Nazis.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Der Kyhe posted:

That might be milking the metaphor a bit too far.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Der Kyhe posted:

And full of iron

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

ponzicar posted:

Yeah, a cute cartoony Hitler-thing front and center is a bad look, easily misinterpreted. Actual Wolfenstein games, both old and new, don't plaster a picture of Hitler on the box art or storefront page. They feature the protagonist, often in battle against the Nazis.
Yeah, okay, I can agree the ad is badly designed.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ponzicar posted:

yeah this. wolfenstein's box art/ads don't really do this

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Well, that's cursed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Anime Eyes Hitler is a child of these very forums

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Looks like you have some grOwOing up to do.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Raised By Birds posted:

Looks like you have some grOwOing up to do.

*notices your battle of the bulge*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Evilreaver posted:

*notices your battle of the bulge*

was ist das?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

flavor.flv posted:

As someone that manages a well known indie game dev forum, I can say with certainty that very few games use Hitler as a mascot. Not even Minecraft.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They really screwed up by going with corn flakes instead of chex mix anyway

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Sentient Data posted:

I'm pretty sure that any sort of mix would be verboten by the Nazis. They only go for pure, Aryan Chex.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

That wasn’t until 1938.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ponzicar posted:

Eh i dont know you could follow this train of thought to say wolfenstein showing the domineering and powerful villainess is a bad look because it makes nazis look strong. It does just for purposes of establishing a villain.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1345172802127728641?s=21

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Memento posted:

"Bohemian Like You" by the Dandy Warhols was used in a Mercedes ad. Literally just the first line though.

Subaru Australia have used Walk on the Wild Side by Lou Reed in their ads for the past couple of years. It really makes the family themed ads a bit weird.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

Eh i dont know you could follow this train of thought to say wolfenstein showing the domineering and powerful villainess is a bad look because it makes nazis look strong. It does just for purposes of establishing a villain.

The villain of Wolfenatein isn't a real historical person who caused millions of deaths.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

packetmantis posted:

The villain of Wolfenatein isn't a real historical person who caused millions of deaths.

You literally fight Adolf Hitler.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Volcott posted:

You literally fight Adolf Hitler.

This is a Ship of Theseus situation.

Is Mechahitler equivalent to Hitler or is he sufficiently fictionalised?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Platystemon posted:

This is a Ship of Theseus situation.

Is Mechahitler equivalent to Hitler or is he sufficiently fictionalised?

For the discussion at hand I think it's safe to say Cornflake-Hitler is, at minimum, equally fictionalised as Mechahitler.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snake Maze posted:

For the discussion at hand I think it's safe to say Cornflake-Hitler is, at minimum, equally fictionalised as Mechahitler.

Hmm that’s fair.

I haven’t played the cereal game to compare, and I suppose that’s the disconnect here. If I see an image of Mechahitler, I already know context about Mechahitler. If I see an image of Cerealhitler, it’s just Hitler with uwu characteristics.

Don’t use Mechahitler in advertising, folks.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Might just be the times we live in. A few years back if I saw a picture of a video game with a cyborg hitler I could rest assured that I'd be shooting him in the face. Nowadays? I need a few more pictures to be safe.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Mechahitler is also distanced from the game's marketing. I've never even seen him. Where as cornflakehitler is the literal only thing I know about that game. It's more... Hitler-forward, you could say.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Plastik posted:

Mechahitler is also distanced from the game's marketing. I've never even seen him. Where as cornflakehitler is the literal only thing I know about that game. It's more... Hitler-forward, you could say.

If you havent had the joy of shooting hitler in the face I don't know what to say man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RagnarokAngel posted:

If you havent had the joy of shooting hitler in the face I don't know what to say man.

There's a game for that.