Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

To be clear like 30 seconds of that is running around the bubble slowly, 30 seconds is breaking the first corolla and doing half to it, and then 3 minutes is waiting out the blizzard phases and also running around in circles doing nothing any time it does the spin move that puts icy ground under itself, while slowly chipping at it for like 100 damage per hit hoping I'm breaking a shield eventually to finish it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The bubble part is easily cheesed with Amber. Her stats don't matter, just bring amber.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

The bubble part is easily cheesed with Amber. Her stats don't matter, just bring amber.

Just saying it again for the people in the back, Amber is great here because she is a bow user with fire. Elements shred shields so this is very good. It's not at all based on your level, atk, or artifact set up. This is also why people suggest bringing Noelle along to help with the Geo Hypostasis boss, because a greatsword is a greatsword, she'll destroy them faster than non-greatsword people.

Also, on that topic, how does Klee do against them, since all of her attacks are explosions?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Shop this month is Fischl Xiangling!!!!!!!! And fates are still discounted!!!!!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

gently caress I have them both C6

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all that matters is Blackcliff weapons are back baby! and maybe next month i can get the final XQ for C6

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

No Wave posted:

Lol I stopped rolling after Albedo and C5 Fischl in case she was in the shop on the rotation, guess that's pretty ideal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fischl would be at c5 with the shop constellation. Not bad, probably worth it even though I rate c5 as mostly not that useful

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

TheFluff posted:

hitbutton on discord noticed that if you stay in the same co-op session (that is, you don't go back to singleplayer mode after each clear) and use a few quartzes each fight, you eventually get it. It seems to be 10 quartzes in the same co-op session, not 10 quartzes in the same fight. Not sure if it's a bug or not. I confirmed that it works myself though.

I don't think this is my issue, unless it needs to be co-op instead of solo. I never left the multiplayer solo instance and had to have done it over 10 times, I did it over 10 times in one fight. Do you need to win for it to count?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've stopped buying on the event because I got one of everyone already somehow. But I ended up with a pair of spare fates that I could try and use on it and hope I get Bennet's C1 though...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This would bring my Fish to C5 just as I'm at 74 rolls..... so close, but I'll get there some day...

RareAcumen posted:

I've stopped buying on the event because I got one of everyone already somehow. But I ended up with a pair of spare fates that I could try and use on it and hope I get Bennet's C1 though...
Sucrose's C1 is even more important than Bennett's C1, and Fischl's C2 is a really big deal. I think this banner is worth rolling on a lot (I've used 120 rolls so far all saved from BP+Welkin+gameplay).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 31, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The only reason I haven't spammed this banner is I had a bunch of luck and had C5/C6 on all the 4*s

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The abyss looks easy as hell this rotation too (which actually kind of conerns me). NO Fatui on floor 12, tons of shitter mobs. Really curious if there are any surprises.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I got C3 Bennett and C1 Sucrose from this banner by the time I pulled Albedo so I'm happy.

I wonder who's gonna be on the Ganyu banner since we've cycled through all the 4*s at least once by now. Well technically. They haven't trolled us with Amber, Lisa, or Kaeya yet. :unsmigghh:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

The abyss looks easy as hell this rotation too (which actually kind of conerns me). NO Fatui on floor 12, tons of shitter mobs. Really curious if there are any surprises.

Might just brute force it with my pryo team then

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Sucrose's C1 is even more important than Bennett's C1, and Fischl's C2 is a really big deal. I think this banner is worth rolling on a lot (I've used 120 rolls so far all saved from BP+Welkin+gameplay).

Yeah, but I've only got 17 potential rolls since I spent basically everything on the last banner trying to get Choungyun for the first time. I'm just going to wait for him to show up in the shop instead of rolling like crazy for his next constellation. Fischl makes me nervous because her and Ningguang are just out for my blood, she's at C3 and Fischl's at C4 they just keep showing up. I just don't have her built as anything but a support. She's still only at level 50 since I'm doing artifact grinding right now. :v:

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
My spouse just started playing this game about a week ago and he's at WL2 and it turns out you get rewards based on your world level even if you do it at a lower one. (Was the same for the meteorite event.)

We have a group of friends who all play and we just took turns invading his world and the cryovine is a total joke with a bunch of 70-90s in WL2.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but I've only got 17 potential rolls since I spent basically everything on the last banner trying to get Choungyun for the first time. I'm just going to wait for him to show up in the shop instead of rolling like crazy for his next constellation. Fischl makes me nervous because her and Ningguang are just out for my blood, she's at C3 and Fischl's at C4 they just keep showing up. I just don't have her built as anything but a support. She's still only at level 50 since I'm doing artifact grinding right now. :v:
For what it's worth C6 Fischl is the most sought after constellation in the game. If you hit Fischl you could even buy her from the shop to finish it off.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I just brute force it with Diluc, Xiangling, Fischl and Diona

Do the dodge and shield and poo poo and try to grab agates and stuff

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't think this is my issue, unless it needs to be co-op instead of solo. I never left the multiplayer solo instance and had to have done it over 10 times, I did it over 10 times in one fight. Do you need to win for it to count?

I did it a bunch of times solo without leaving the weird solo co-op multiplayer instance you're in between runs and got it after maybe 4 runs where I used a few quartzes in each run. You may have to win for it to count but I don't know. Don't know if a wipe breaks the streak either.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

TheFluff posted:

I did it a bunch of times solo without leaving the weird solo co-op multiplayer instance you're in between runs and got it after maybe 4 runs where I used a few quartzes in each run. You may have to win for it to count but I don't know. Don't know if a wipe breaks the streak either.

I just got it, not sure if something was off and restarting the game mattered or if it was one of the conditions you mentioned :shrug:.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

New abyss 12 has no floor hazards

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Huh, that was easier than I thought it'd be reading you guys' posts. First run took about three minutes, using 80/80 Xiangling, 60/60 Albedo, 40/40 Amber, and 60/70 Bennett. I buffed up with food and an anti-Cryo potion beforehand, though.

The corolla phase does seem like it could turn nasty really easily if you don't have Amber or don't grab the shield in time, though.

No Wave posted:

And I have almost 68 starglitter saved up. :hellyeah:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/knx2pm/psa_new_abyss/

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
seconding the unleveled amber + frost res potion if you feel like tanking a couple hits. completely trivializes the fight at wl7.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

For what it's worth C6 Fischl is the most sought after constellation in the game. If you hit Fischl you could even buy her from the shop to finish it off.

Oh. Well okay, knowing that I did a 10 pull on the banner and got Sucrose's C1. In the future, I won't bemoan seeing Fischl showing up anymore.

And on the non event banner I got her again. And Ningguang. Oh hey, Diluc joins the party!

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Stormgale posted:

New abyss 12 has no floor hazards

Thank god they need to put that cryo stamina slowing effect in the dumpster and never let it see the light of day again.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

There are too many damage numbers popping up when I use C6 Fiscl and it's hard to get a handle on. Need to watch in slow-mo.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

No Wave posted:

Kinda surprised they broke the chain of the 3 freebies being sold in the shop. I assume you're in an earlier time zone where it's selling already?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm not, I watched someone else do it on stream.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

The Crusher posted:

Kinda surprised they broke the chain of the 3 freebies being sold in the shop. I assume you're in an earlier time zone where it's selling already?

I wonder if they consider Xiangling a freebie character at this point.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Out of curiosity, how is Xingqui? During his quest he seemed....subpar. Was it just a bad showing for him?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 31, 2020

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Gotcha thanks! And yeah Xiangling, Noelle, and Barbara are all technically freebies if you think about it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Archonex posted:

Out of curiosity, how is Xingqui? I have him, but during his quest he seemed....subpar. Was it just a bad showing for him?

He's fantastic, but he's a support character and will not properly show off his power without a good team to take advantage of him.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

Somehow I'm much less upset about my last two character pulls being Fischl C2+C3. Hoping I can score at least two more before the banner rotates to guarantee C6. What a banner+store combo

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Xingqiu is important for a few reasons:
  • He's Hydro, which is hard to get outside of Barbara (who can only really splash down shields most of the time) and two five stars, one of them limited.
  • He offers damage resistance and a small amount of healing with his rain swords. Healing's not huge but it helps top people off when running with Bennett, the real treat is the damage resistance which is a pretty rare stat to get and it can really help out.
  • His E generates a lot of Hydro particles and if he uses Sacrificial Sword it can basically instantly refill his Burst if he has enough Energy Recharge, allowing him to keep his Burst up a lot. Also if you have a certain constellation the E does a ton of damage while his Burst is active, allowing you to Q and then E twice at some point to refill his gauge and do a big chunk of damage.
  • His Burst does an enormous amount of damage over time (it's hard to tell from the sheet but it does) and is fast enough at applying Hydro that it makes an excellent aura-setter for big dick Vaporizes from Diluc/Klee/Bennett, or you can use it with Chongyun/Kaeya to set up a permanent Freeze on enemies as long as the Burst lasts.
He's great as a defensive support and chip damage healer, he's great as an offensive support and Hydro setter for Vaporize or Freeze. About the only thing he's bad at is melee damage gap-filling, his melee just isn't worth it to bother with. He also sets Wet status on the party when he uses his E, but unlike Barbara's it drops off and then doesn't get reapplied. Still risky sometimes though so keep it in mind.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Archonex posted:

The cyro regisvine event boss is actually really easy if you bring the right kit and use the right strategy. The secret is to just use Amber

This is really good advice. Amber can focus on the eye-shield and her ult stuns it easily at the right times.

The big flower part of the event is still shite tho.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
xingqiu isn't the best 4*, but only because bennett exists. i don't think any other unit other than bennett is as good at as many things as xingqiu is at the same time.

e: maybe jean

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Probably right, Razor only has Unga Bunga big sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Xingqiu good. Mine has only 7% in ATK% because I haven't gotten around to leveling his clock yet, but he still deals ~800 damage minimum with each of the swords in his burst (on garden-variety hilichurls at WL6). It's a nice extra chunk of damage going on in the background, even without considering how useful the strong Hydro procs are.