Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Farmed out the shop this morning and had a decent time in co-op, but now have a newfound hatred of whopperflowers.

Solo - effortless pushover mobs, not a threat.
This event - whackamole landmine 2-shotting bastards that must die.

Solo was easier than co-op, but I had more fun in the latter. Favorite team I played with was Diluc, Diluc, Bennet, and Diluc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Colorspray posted:

Diluc, Diluc, Bennet, and Diluc

:allears:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Colorspray posted:

Diluc, Diluc, Bennet, and Diluc.

"The Dads...."

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ah, bennett and three people who didn't read the bonuses granted by a festering desire

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I was one of them, and while Festering Desire is amazing, none of my DPS are sword users. My core team is Diluc, Xiangling, Qiqi, and Fiscl. I am leveling a Bennet but he's stuck at 40.

Regardless, I am dumb anyways.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Reiterpallasch posted:

ah, bennett and three people who didn't read the bonuses granted by a festering desire

I was not one of those people, but I do not have a sword user who is levelled enough to use for DPS, even though the bonuses are obviously strong.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Stood inside the shield and had the ice AoE tear me apart, very cool.

I've had weird issues with this also, but I only tried it some late last night so it's possible I was doing something wrong. After the shield disappeared there was stuff still hitting and killing me. I was doing fine damage to him, but if his AoEs hit you it just kills your characters off super fast (since the instant someone dies it'll start hitting their replacement, which is something pretty unique to this boss, since you can't just run out of range temporarily) and then it's a downward spiral since you can't resurrect more than one at once.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah fair enough, i'm swimming in sword people without enough decent swords, but if you dropped the traveller quick and didn't buy bennet from the glitter shop last month i could see how you could end up in trouble

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Caved in and used consumables, which let me kill the flower before the whole shield phase got a chance to begin (best clear was 43 seconds) with a level 20 Amber (I'm sorry Amber), Diluc, Fischl and Bennett. Most of the time, anyway. At least the weak point didn't bug out and refuse to appear again, which always helps. Still can't say I'm a fan of this fight, in part because a wipe is so expensive to recover from once you exhaust the healing from the statues, and in part because it's nearly instant death if you mess up.

This fight also reminded me that I'm reeeeeally not a fan of how all your controls lock up if you swap into a dead character while moving or attacking, while at the same time covering the entire middle of the screen in a pop-up box with food to select from. Sometimes muscle memory gets the better of me and I try to swap to a dead character, which means that the screen gets covered up while my character automatically keeps running in the direction I was headed as I pressed the button, which tends to get yet another character killed.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

AG3 posted:

Caved in and used consumables, which let me kill the flower before the whole shield phase got a chance to begin (best clear was 43 seconds) with a level 20 Amber (I'm sorry Amber), Diluc, Fischl and Bennett. Most of the time, anyway. At least the weak point didn't bug out and refuse to appear again, which always helps. Still can't say I'm a fan of this fight, in part because a wipe is so expensive to recover from once you exhaust the healing from the statues, and in part because it's nearly instant death if you mess up.

This fight also reminded me that I'm reeeeeally not a fan of how all your controls lock up if you swap into a dead character while moving or attacking, while at the same time covering the entire middle of the screen in a pop-up box with food to select from. Sometimes muscle memory gets the better of me and I try to swap to a dead character, which means that the screen gets covered up while my character automatically keeps running in the direction I was headed as I pressed the button, which tends to get yet another character killed.

Yeah, that was really poo poo. If the cooldown on your res item is going it shouldn't even popup maybe. I dunno

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AG3 posted:

One thing I noticed about this fight is that it doesn't pause in menus even if you're doing it single-player. I found this out the hard way when I tried to heal my characters with food.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

The key thing for me which makes this event so awful is that the message for the boss releasing its energy pops up far too late for you to react to it, so unless you know it's going to happen you take tons of damage. Once you already know what to do it's barely an issue, but it's incredibly frustrating game design to make the player eat poo poo because they're not psychic

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, if you don't notice immediately where exactly you have to go to for the shield, you're going to die. From the moment it spawns you have maybe 6-7 seconds before the flower murders you.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I noticed about this fight is that it doesn't pause in menus even if you're doing it single-player. I found this out the hard way when I tried to heal my characters with food.

In single-player (and presumably in co-op, though I haven't tried it in co-op so I wouldn't know), right when you choose to start the fight a big green banner that says "special challenge zone, no pausing allowed" shows up at the top of the screen. :v:

Doing the boss in single-player does actually thrust you into a co-op instance, interestingly. I noticed that when trying to use the alchemy table after a few runs.

Mr Snips posted:

The key thing for me which makes this event so awful is that the message for the boss releasing its energy pops up far too late for you to react to it, so unless you know it's going to happen you take tons of damage. Once you already know what to do it's barely an issue, but it's incredibly frustrating game design to make the player eat poo poo because they're not psychic

I feel like designing a boss so that the player will invariably eat poo poo on their first try at it is pretty normal. In this case, there's an alert that says "break this crystal to be shielded from attacks" which shows up right before it does its big party wipe move. It's pretty easy to put two and two together there on your second run if you're paying attention.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sometimes the shield's dome doesn't spawn, or the boss lets the attack go immediately after the shield-crystal appears.

That jank is kind of charming unlike the double loading screens per revive.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
friend and i are doing the fight in 1:30 pretty easily as a duo, but it's going to go to hell the moment a pubbie slips into the instance

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Supposedly 11-2 is the new hardest abyss floor

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Reiterpallasch posted:

friend and i are doing the fight in 1:30 pretty easily as a duo, but it's going to go to hell the moment a pubbie slips into the instance

I was doing it with my brother and at first a random Diluc player joined and that was good, and then a Barbara joined and everything went to hell.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Achieved my goal of beating abyss F2P just before they changed it.

Turns out actually levelling the artifacts on supports rather than wasting all your resin pulling the Crimson Witch gacha helps.

This is the team i ended up using. People say shields aren't that helpful but they saved me a bunch and i still managed 6 stars.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

CJ posted:

Turns out actually levelling the artifacts on supports rather than wasting all your resin pulling the Crimson Witch gacha helps.

This is the team i ended up using. People say shields aren't that helpful but they saved me a bunch and i still managed 6 stars.

This is your F2P team?!?!?!

Share some of that luck, drat.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

CJ posted:

I feel your usefulness of shields might be bolstered by then fact you have 2 of the best carries in the game and venti shoring up your teams.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Somehow, against all odds, Klee Diluc and Venti pulled through...

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
lol, I think it's a pretty decent showing. At the very least it illustrates how levels aren't everything.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

sorry, i won't be nice to someone who got eight five stars f2p without rerolling.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

6 stars is pretty good. What was the split?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
The 45 bucks I've put in this game gave me 3 chars of that screenshot and one of those was on sale...

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I think a (non) secret about the economics is that for most players, luck absolutely trumps money in this game unless you’re a huge whale. If you get a single rare at say roll 40, that’s already like 3 months and 15 dollars worth of welkin in terms of saved gems, and if that happens a couple more times...

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

No Wave posted:

sorry, i won't be nice to someone who got eight five stars f2p without rerolling.

Looks like six to me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've not hit a 5* before pity in 450 rolls (bottom 8% outcome, and counting). The way these games work is people in the bottom 10% of luck are expected to just quit. An account this cursed would have to spend hundreds of dollars just to have an average number of 5*s. It's not, like, fun to think about but at least I'm not conditioned to ever expect anything exciting before pity.

theblackw0lf posted:

Looks like six to me
Maybe he's posted in the thread before.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is it possible to join a lower AR world and just scum the event that way? because my only other option seems to be invest in amber

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

50 seconds is the fastest I can kill the ice weed. I could probably take it down another 5 seconds if I had benett leveled.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

No Wave posted:

Maybe he's posted in the thread before.

Ah that makes sense

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

padijun posted:

is it possible to join a lower AR world and just scum the event that way? because my only other option seems to be invest in amber

Investing into amber won't make a difference. Her job is to break the corolla and she can do it just fine at lvl 1. Just put any leveled flower on her so she does not die in 1 hit.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

padijun posted:

I did the event multiplayer and I think it always tossed me into a game at WL7, but if you manually joined someone much lower you could probably run it that way.

You get less rewards at lower WL though, and one of the rewards requires you to be at your own WL. Just queue up for multiplayer with your best fire unit. You can have duplicates on this event, so if everyone brings xiangling it won't cause a problem. You should luck out with your multiplayer teams 25% of the time or so and get a group that can steamroll it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
At WL7 the boss seems way harder in co-op than in solo. It seems to get a bonus to damage in multiplayer because it was consistently doing over 14,000 damage in a single hit and one-shotting my Bennett.

AParadox posted:

Investing into amber won't make a difference. Her job is to break the corolla and she can do it just fine at lvl 1. Just put any leveled flower on her so she does not die in 1 hit.

You can also do it without amber. I had Diluc + Benett and could semi-consistently break the head corolla in one cycle of the triple-head-slam attack right after the bubble phase ends, but the timing was pretty tight.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 1, 2021

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

AParadox posted:

hey I did this and she now has a 15 HP buffer

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can't wait to actually be able to use freeze on Floor 12! Especially against Pyro Agents. Have fun fighting those guys with no CC or shields lol.

Oh, and thank gently caress no more Whopperflowers.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So I started the trial of tianqiu quest and I think I’ve hosed myself over because I can’t beat the trial that has me killing 5 enemies in 1 minute. The two fire slimes are loving me up because my main dps is Klee, and my next best dps is Qiqi but she doesn’t do enough damage. Klee is lvl 60, Qiqi is 50, and everyone else is 40. This quest has locked me out of coop mode and I can’t do the Act IV challenge because it won’t let me, even if I choose to do solo mode.

E:

What do I need to lvl up to finish this?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 1, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Welp, time to blow some fragile resin on upgrading your Qiqi's artifacts
Remember to eat your best attack-buff food too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

So I started the trial of tianqiu quest and I think I’ve hosed myself over because I can’t beat the trial that has me killing 5 enemies in 1 minute. The two fire slimes are loving me up because my main dps is Klee, and my next best dps is Qiqi but she doesn’t do enough damage. Klee is lvl 60, Qiqi is 50, and everyone else is 40. This quest has locked me out of coop mode and I can’t do the Act IV challenge because it won’t let me, even if I choose to do solo mode.

Are you making sure to break the pyro rock? It lowers their defense.