Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s an exciting new spin on that thing where sometimes NXT is developmental and other times it’s the Third Brand depending on how the rating went for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t really want to get in too much on this because it’s negative but as someone who likes wrestling and likes stuff WWE do as well as all other companies, WWE fans on Twitter are genuinely some of the stupidest people I’ve ever seen.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

WWE should be scoured from the planet, and the Earth where Titan towers stood should be salted so nothing can ever grow there again, IMHO.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

I want to see the ratings. It's wrestling, let's see how much of a draw Brodie was.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve completely unplugged from WWE in the time since Dynamite started so I only know the things that get posted here in the general threads and any recaps that come up on various podcasts.

This obviously means it’s already being viewed through a certain lens before I ever get to hear about it, but even giving it the benefit of the doubt for that it just sounds like everything they’re doing is stupid as gently caress so it tracks that the only fans they have left are equally as dumb. It’s like how those scam emails are all deliberately misspelled and terrible to filter out anyone not moronic enough to fall for it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don’t really want to get in too much on this because it’s negative but as someone who likes wrestling and likes stuff WWE do as well as all other companies, WWE fans on Twitter are genuinely some of the stupidest people I’ve ever seen.

Liking some WWE product is something I can see a reason for, they definitely have a lot of talent on the roster, but making defending WWE your personal online war is the line that defines the real freaks.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I Before E posted:

Liking some WWE product is something I can see a reason for, they definitely have a lot of talent on the roster, but making defending WWE your personal online war is the line that defines the real freaks.

This is the case for everything though, fandom-as-personality always ends incredibly poorly.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is the case for everything though, fandom-as-personality always ends incredibly poorly.

This 1000000%

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It's funny because WWE has years and years of footage, and a whole roster of people that loved Brody, and 7+ hours of TV this week.

If only they had some loving brains and a sliver of heart.

Brodie irrefutably proved that Vince Was Wrong and must therefore be erased from WWE history

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WWE is the saddest thing in a lot of ways. We like to think the workers would be better off set free to the winds of this gross cult but 'WWE bought my house' is a valid retort given how little money there is to be made of the indies for most of their talent. I mean Brodie had enough money stashed to give his ring jacket to Vance and drop 1k on ring gear for Silver for a single BTE segment and he got that money from somewhere.

Alas, a no-win situation. The innocent are the aegis of the guilty. WWE is still a monument to everything broken and horrible about the human condition and needs to be razed to the ground regardless.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

For every Brodie or Kofi or Xavier there's a dozen guys who don't make that much money, aren't used as well or as long (at least Brodie was on TV for most of his contract), and leave in the same state or worse due to wear as tear on their bodies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I did have to laugh at some people saying they were going to watch AEW and DVR NXT, and there were people telling them to make sure they watched the DVR'd NXT before midnight so it would could towards the ratings.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It's funny because WWE has years and years of footage, and a whole roster of people that loved Brody, and 7+ hours of TV this week.

If only they had some loving brains and a sliver of heart.

Meanwhile not only did AEW dedicate the whole show to someone who's been there under a year, but Tony Khan bought the rights to the Tom Waites song so that the tribute can stay up and not have to get pulled down anywhere because of copyright strikes.

I get it's still a business and this is still a TV show and all that, but when both companies refer to themselves as a family there's only one I tend to believe.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Brodie irrefutably proved that Vince Was Wrong and must therefore be erased from WWE history

You kidding me? Vince will always believe the people who didn't succeed under him but became stars elsewhere just didn't grab the brass ring but also used everything they learned in WWE to become a star somewhere else. Vince was never wrong.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

I did have to laugh at some people saying they were going to watch AEW and DVR NXT, and there were people telling them to make sure they watched the DVR'd NXT before midnight so it would could towards the ratings.

For some reason it reminds me of Trump telling people to mail in their vote and then vote again in person to make sure it gets counted

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

ChrisBTY posted:

WWE is the saddest thing in a lot of ways. We like to think the workers would be better off set free to the winds of this gross cult but 'WWE bought my house' is a valid retort given how little money there is to be made of the indies for most of their talent. I mean Brodie had enough money stashed to give his ring jacket to Vance and drop 1k on ring gear for Silver for a single BTE segment and he got that money from somewhere.

Alas, a no-win situation. The innocent are the aegis of the guilty. WWE is still a monument to everything broken and horrible about the human condition and needs to be razed to the ground regardless.

tangentially related brodie story:

was at a raw or smackdown taping years ago (cant remember which) with my boys Everrise. right around the time Brodie had made it to main roster Tv. Subject of how Brodie was doing came up since I always loved the dude and they were still in contact with him. I'll never forget what Chase said

" Brodie told me he felt almost embarrassed when he started getting these checks because he said it paid for his house almost immediately."

i follow up with a "good for him, great dude deserves great things." (i mean I've heard similar stories re Kevin and Sami)

and Chase agrees and goes "absolutely, the dude is just so HUMBLE about everything."

and that's my tangentially related Brodie story.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

On the post-show last night Cody told a story about a car ride with Cesaro and Brodie where the latter was cutting promos all over both of them for how stupid they were with their money and how much smarter he was with his.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

It's nice that Nyla's tribute to Brodie Lee was destroying the TNT champion.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh man the blurry spot where a snowflake landed on the lens looks like a suggestive censor blur if you look at it real fast.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh man the blurry spot where a snowflake landed on the lens looks like a suggestive censor blur if you look at it real fast.

man was known to sling his bat around

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The Stinger.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The Vigilante.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/BillyGunnFact/status/1079528691661705216?s=19

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Rock repays Downtown Bruno (Harvey Whippleman) with a new truck.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJeeGoNFYkU/?igshid=1xzxbnc6jw8el

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince MechMahon posted:

WWE should be scoured from the planet, and the Earth where Titan towers stood should be salted so nothing can ever grow there again, IMHO.

I think they already salted the ratings.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Grant DaNasty posted:

The Rock repays Downtown Bruno (Harvey Whippleman) with a new truck.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJeeGoNFYkU/?igshid=1xzxbnc6jw8el

This is sweet but god drat is it driving me bonkers that he won't fix his mask

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It builds this really sensitive siege mentality with people I find

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/DebbieMalenko/status/1344844226194853888

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've never seen Debbie. She good? How is she compared to Dean?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

She was one of the best early 90s joshi, but had her career end in 93 due to a broken leg. She did wrestle a 5 minute match in '01 and was part of a six woman in 2017.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vince MechMahon posted:

She retweets antivaxers and is 49 years old sooooo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

She retweets antivaxers and is 49 years old sooooo

Yeeeee.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

she's also unrelated to Dean

Boris, Joe and Dean's real surname is Simon, Debbie's is Killian.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

she's also unrelated to Dean

Boris, Joe and Dean's real surname is Simon, Debbie's is Killian.

False. Advertising.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Debbie Malenko was extremely talented and someone who would be very good to bring in for a week long camp with some of the less experienced wrestlers and maybe to do some Dark matches with them. Plus it'd be fun for Dean.

Also good news wrestling fans!

https://twitter.com/TheSamiCallihan/status/1344877778051731460

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He didn't have any other offers.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

big money?

yeah, surrrre

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

hunnert car pileup posted:

big money?

yeah, surrrre

It was a novelty check

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

It was a novelty check

the image of him throwing a bunch of them into the back of his Chevette like Happy Gilmore seems fitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
There had been plenty of talk of contract season with so many Impact and ROH deals up, but I don't remember hearing Sami Callihan's name mentioned once.