Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

UltraShame posted:

Hey, Bruce Willis was really good in all of his diverse roles including characters such as *checks notes*... Bruce Willis!

Bruce Willis later career is so baffling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP47VQTxufM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Jesus that's an hour long, is it about how Willis is just showing up after his genre defining roles as Wisecracking Tough Guy, Mostly Silent Tough Guy, and Utterly Inexplicable Hudson Hawk Guy? (if you have 1.5 hours in your life to waste on an cat-burglar, end-of-the-world-scenario MUSICAL, watch Hudson Hawk. Its terribleness is breathtaking. Featuring singing Danny Aiello)

Not sure if this has been posted but Cobra Kai is getting a Season 4 https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cobra-kai-gets-early-season-4-renewal-at-netflix

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was kind of funny to hear Willis was apparently outraged that Kevin Smith wanted him to do something related to his character on Moonlighting. (I can see being outraged with Smith for other reasons, mind you.)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I loved Bruce Willis in the underrated Linklater film Fast Food Nation where he dispenses the sage wisdom "We all gotta eat a little poo poo sometimes"

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
My favorite thing about that awful Air Strike movie is that it went all the way through production, was ready for release, and for rather mysterious reasons, Movie never sees the light of day in China.

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 31, 2020

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Just bought some Coors Banquet for tomorrow. I am a sucker for product placement.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Fritzler posted:

Just bought some Coors Banquet for tomorrow. I am a sucker for product placement.

Don't do it, you have your whole life ahead of you!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So, new season when?

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

MiddleOne posted:

So, new season when?

midnight PT, 3am ET.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

West coast loving everything up once again

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh so just 2 hours then?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm watching Karate Kid 1, for the first time.

I also stopped my viewing to watch the final five minutes of the latest Cobra Kai season (I've watched the first two).

I have the willpower of the random dude Kreese throws to the ground the first time we see him

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I'm glad they let Ralph flex his acting chops a little more this season, rather than just being a foil to Johnny.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao Chozen loving rules

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Cobra Kai is back!

Just started episode 1, and oy, poor Johnny. I knew from the start he was about to try to get tough with those guys and get his rear end kicked. And Robby's run away. :(

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The flashback Terry Silva fake out was funny.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Darko posted:

Yeah (E10) they nailed that LMAO. Got me. I'm so curious how they'll gloss over what a humiliation the last time that favour being called in ended up being.

Have so many thoughts about the season. To start off, there sure were a lot of returning cast members from season 1 that were absent in season 2. Were there production issues with season 2 or something?

Shameful lack of Karate's bad boy outside of the one flashback. Is he the only plot-central character from the movies not to make a return at this point? I guess pot-girl too.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 1, 2021

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Darko posted:

Speaking of flashback fakeouts, in episode 2 the jock bully who harasses young Kreese is played by Martin Kove's actual son, which I thought was a nice touch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like in season 1 they were at least trying to ground the show in reality, but Kreese is so comically evil they might as well give him a long mustache to twirl.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Despite being a child of the 80s, I had up until this point never even seen a Karate Kid movie before.

I have spent the last two days binging Karate Kid 1 /2 and the first season of Cobra Kai and am halfway through season 2.

I am in love with everything about the Karate Kid universe. I love how Karate can apparently turn anyone into a goddamn superhero. I love how this series straddles that very fine line of 80s cheesiness and nostalgia without being campy or stupid.

This is perfect escapism to start 2021.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 1, 2021

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah (E10) they nailed that LMAO. Got me. I'm so curious how they'll gloss over what a humiliation the last time that favour being called in ended up being.

Have so many thoughts about the season. To start off, there sure were a lot of returning cast members from season 1 that were absent in season 2. Were there production issues with season 2 or something?

Shameful lack of Karate's bad boy outside of the one flashback. Is he the only plot-central character from the movies not to make a return at this point? I guess pot-girl too.

Michael Ironside and Walton Goggins havent been back.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh wow Netflix really threw money at this, everything looks way better now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Simone Magus posted:

Oh wow Netflix really threw money at this, everything looks way better now

I thought this season was shot before Netflix bought it?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Darko posted:

Michael Ironside and Walton Goggins havent been back.

That movie isn't canon. :colbert:

Although holy poo poo, https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/887370983711145984

Rhyno posted:

I thought this season was shot before Netflix bought it?

With the long production jump? No way.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife is watching Season 3 while I'm puttering around in the background, and is the mohawk kid supposed to be at all sympathetic? He feels like something straight out of the evil track of a '00s Bioware game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

C-Euro posted:

My wife is watching Season 3 while I'm puttering around in the background, and is the mohawk kid supposed to be at all sympathetic? He feels like something straight out of the evil track of a '00s Bioware game.

He was basically the hero of season 1, he did a heel turn in S2

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

With the long production jump? No way.

Yeah well you're wrong

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/06/cobra-kai-moves-netflix-youtube-season-3-1202965551/amp/

quote:

On the heels of a record-setting Season 2 premiere of Cobra Kai, YouTube in April 2019 ordered a third season. Through all the changes at the platform over the past year, YouTube remained committed to airing the completed third season but notified its Sony TV partners that they won’t be commissioning a fourth season.
Looking to secure a future for the show beyond Season 3, Sony TV asked for permission to shop the upcoming season to an outlet that, in success, could order additional episodes.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Makes the casting gaps even more confusing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This is such a good season and great way to start the new year.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

C-Euro posted:

He was the picked on nerd kid from S1 and became an rear end in a top hat once he learned how to fight.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Did Daniel's son get recast or did he lose a lot of weight?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Just finished power-binging the new season. Loved it. I thought they were trying to, and succeeded, in recapturing a lot of the feel of S1, where S2 went a little more astray.

Some observations:

You could clearly see scenes where some of the actors, especially Mary Mouser, had clearly aged during the hiatus.

I loved that Daniel and Johnny finally started breaking old patterns. I thought for sure Johnny getting together with Ali was going to gently caress things up with Carmen, but nope. Hell, even him wearing the white jacket then not getting covered in spaghetti; old patterns breaking.

In the same vein, I love that Daniel slowly stopped having flashbacks of Miyagi, and the kids started having flashbacks of Daniel and Johnny's training; Daniel and Johnny are starting to slide into their roles as the wise old teacher.

I feel like the kids becoming straight up murder hobos was a bit out there, but what the hell. I hope a massive Old Boy style brawl becomes a standard end-of-season thing.

I thought for sure that Chozen was going to wind up being an investor in the car company, and would bail Daniel out and I straight-up leo-dicaprio-points-at-tv.jpg when they revealed Yuna as the little girl Daniel saved in KK2.

The actor they picked to play young Kreese was spot on.

I think they had a better music budget, certainly, both licensed and background music. Good production values all around.

Gimmie S4 ASAP. Perfect setup for it.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 1, 2021

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

e5: There's just no coming back for Hawk, is there? He's got such a great character arc as the bullied kid turning into a bully himself, but I was hoping he'd eventually chill out and learn a little humility and bury the hatchet with Dimitri. But man, sure doesn't look like that's gonna happen now. :ohdear:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
They were so inconsistent with students in the dojo scenes this season. There were more than a few extras that were in one dojo scene then rotated out. At least one background student that’s been around since s1 got his first line so that was cool.

The Cobra Kai dojo had so few characters that had lines. It felt kind of empty despite being a room full of students until the back half of the season.

This season felt a little darker than the other two. In some ways it felt more like it could be called Karate Kid 4.

A lot of the best scenes were Johnny and Miguel’s rehab sessions It began to feel more like Cobra Kai after Daniel came back from Japan

It was weird they brought back every missing actor from season 1 but dropped Aisha.

Great season. Worth the wait. Now begins the wait for s4.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 2, 2021

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Spent the day binge watching this and hell yeah that ending. Excellent season. Can't wait for Season 4.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Car wash scene was gold.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
5 min in and episode 1 loving delivers.

Daniel: "I was bullied and karate saved me"

Crowd: "Bullshit! I heard you were the bully!"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

holy poo poo season 4 is going to kick so much goddamn rear end

also protomen's cover of in the air tonight was a good choice, love hearing them pop up every now and then

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The timeline of season 3 kind of makes no sense. It starts two weeks after the end of season 2(so mid Septemberish) and ends around Christmas but not nearly enough time passes in the season to get them there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Where they not just completely doing fake outs with every blonde woman shown from behind before Ally actually showed?

I liked this season, but the production gap is going to be jarring. Also, when the hell would it air - December 2022?