Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

troutfish
Oct 22, 2008

she comes in colours everywhere
she combs her hair
she's like a rainbow
I thought the local grocery stores have been out of my favorite chips due to production slow down, but it looks like they were discontinued. I don’t eat a lot of chips but they’re the only thing I’ve been wanting and nothing else fills the void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I made coconut milk cookies and I was supposed to top them with some of the shredded coconut and chocolate chips before baking and I forgot to until the last batch :sigh: They all still tasted nice, but the ones without the topping don't look as good/look more bland.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The website that I use to keep track of my Magic: the Gathering inventory is down for apparently me and only devices located in my house, and I have absolutely no idea why (https://deckbox.org if anyone wants to be a pal and confirm that it works for them). It just started working again, I guess all I needed to do was complain about it on SA?

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Dec 3, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
One can of cat food keeps my cat sated for approximately 23 hours & 30 minutes. If I put out an additional can, she will not touch it, so for about a half-hour a day, I have to deal with her alternating between whining like she's on the brink of death & trying to grab attention by messing with the only stuff in this entire apartment that I don't want her to mess with. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it sure feels like it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I applied for an absolute peach of a job 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing and I am paranoid that I won't even get a form email saying I didn't get the job.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Probably a repeat.

Despite being a diabetic, I picked up a four-pack of Red Bull because, hey, every once in a blue moon I crave sugar water instead of my bog-standard water.

And every - every loving time I drink it, the taste goes right to the part of my brain that says YES THIS SUGAR WATER IS TASTY AND DELICIOUS DRINK IT ALL THE TIME, which I won't, but dammit.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
We got takeout last night, and I found they got my part of the order wrong when I got home, giving us two servings of what my dad ordered. I called them, because at least they should get a heads up if another customer’s order went to me, and decided to go back and get my food.

The place was more than ten minutes away, and I spent the whole night in my own head wondering if I made the right decision to go back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

Probably a repeat.

Despite being a diabetic, I picked up a four-pack of Red Bull because, hey, every once in a blue moon I crave sugar water instead of my bog-standard water.

And every - every loving time I drink it, the taste goes right to the part of my brain that says YES THIS SUGAR WATER IS TASTY AND DELICIOUS DRINK IT ALL THE TIME, which I won't, but dammit.

I used to drink 2-3 pots of (lovely) coffee a day but thankfully am down to only 20 oz or less.

HOWEVER, if a zero sugar Monster is available, my gremlin brain activates and I chug it down.

Part of it is that the caffeine hit feels way different than coffee and I love it. Probably gonna kill me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I want to get some 45 gallon trash bags with drawstrings. I hate the little flap closures because they rarely stay closed after you tie em.

I cannot find 45 gallon (or 44 gallon) trash bags with drawstrings for some weird reason. poo poo is sold out EVERYWHERE. The only ones I can find are like 100 packs for 80 bucks from professional janitorial supply companies.

Life is pain.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I drink a lot of V8s because I like the flavor, not for health reasons but because I like them. I recognize it is just sugar water. To make sure you don't end up with a slimy mess at the bottom of the can, you shake them vigorously to make sure its all homogenous.

I just had a can of coke for the first time in a while.

:saddowns:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I want to get some 45 gallon trash bags with drawstrings. I hate the little flap closures because they rarely stay closed after you tie em.

I cannot find 45 gallon (or 44 gallon) trash bags with drawstrings for some weird reason. poo poo is sold out EVERYWHERE. The only ones I can find are like 100 packs for 80 bucks from professional janitorial supply companies.

Life is pain.

Oh god, I hate the Trash Bag Struggle so much. So many trash bags are just straight up poo poo like the flap ones you mentioned. Some also have drawstrings that break or rip even if you put nothing remotely sharp in them. I have to now gingerly carry this bag, cradled like a child in my arms, so it doesn’t loving dump trash everywhere on my way to the dumpster. I think last time we had to order bags from Amazon because all the good ones were out here too :argh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Goddammit, I had another one of those situations wherein if I think the odd black beetles I get one-by-one are done, invariably one will appear.

This time, the time frame was literally 10 seconds after thinking "heh that reminds me, no bugs in ages!", did one scurry past me whilst on the toilet.

I wish I could communicate with them. One, for asking how they form from my thoughts alone. Two, for wondering why they think my place has food (crumbs, etc) in it to come here

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A Christmas gift I order for my wife was delayed and is now going to arrive the day after Christmas. 😞

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

HOLY gently caress posted:

Oh god, I hate the Trash Bag Struggle so much. So many trash bags are just straight up poo poo like the flap ones you mentioned. Some also have drawstrings that break or rip even if you put nothing remotely sharp in them. I have to now gingerly carry this bag, cradled like a child in my arms, so it doesn’t loving dump trash everywhere on my way to the dumpster. I think last time we had to order bags from Amazon because all the good ones were out here too :argh:

The struggle is real. The other day I went out to buy some tall kitchen 13 gallon bags. They only had super expensive boxes of 10. The larger count sizes were all sold out. Unless you wanted to buy scented bags.

Now I am not one who enjoys the smell of garbage. Sometimes, I'll open up the can while throwing something away and get a whiff, "Yup, that's garbage smell, don't like it." But VANILLA SCENTED GARBAGE SMELL? Holy hell, my brain recoils in horror. Who the gently caress buys scented garbage bags? They don't mask anything,they just make it smell worse.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Yeah the vanilla-scented ones are way too strong. I couldn’t be in the same room as them after awhile, it was unbearable. Most scented things don’t bother me but scented garbage bags really gently caress me up :pwn:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

The struggle is real. The other day I went out to buy some tall kitchen 13 gallon bags. They only had super expensive boxes of 10. The larger count sizes were all sold out. Unless you wanted to buy scented bags.

Now I am not one who enjoys the smell of garbage. Sometimes, I'll open up the can while throwing something away and get a whiff, "Yup, that's garbage smell, don't like it." But VANILLA SCENTED GARBAGE SMELL? Holy hell, my brain recoils in horror. Who the gently caress buys scented garbage bags? They don't mask anything,they just make it smell worse.

i am all the way in on Glad Mediterranean Lavender scented garbage bags. i bought them once when i was just grabbing any appropriately sized package of garbage bags and realized that I liked the smell.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Steam told me that every-Halo-in-one collection thing was on sale, and with my previously-refunded-something balance, the whole thing was like 10 bucks. Not bad for like, five games.

I go to install it, and there's five minutes of having played it. So, good odds something was refund-worthy, I refunded it, and now I've bought it again.

I mean, I hope that I refunded it for some stupid reason and it's not a big deal, but... poo poo, it's going to be something lovely.

Oh, and a little bit of an update, it finally installed, I'll just play a little bit and... wait, why is it asking me to... oh, the download must've been for some kind of framework, not all of the games. So I had to select them all, right, and now I'm waiting for another half hour (I know, big whoop) for everything to pull down so I can just play the game for a little bit. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Dec 23, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have a 5 minute drive to work right now.

They've been moving people around lately, so there is a chance I might have to actually start buying gas.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This might be the most FW in the history of FWPs, but there's this idle tower defense game on my phone that does the standard "here's the gold you earned while you didn't gently caress with the game" thing. That's fine.

But it doesn't do any math on how many levels of tower defense that happened while I've not hosed with the game, so it's actually more effective (he says, cringing, about an goddamned idle game) to leave the game up, plugged into a battery or a charger, with another app that keeps my screen from turning off.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

It is a damned crime that fanny packs are so hated. They are so useful and convenient. We would all be better off wearing fanny packs.

Normally Im not that concerned with fashion trends and would wear one anyway, but 1.) they are so unfashionable that wearing one will actively harm your life and 2.) because they are so unpopular there is not much of a selection so no matter how useful it would be it's gonna be crappy.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I dunno if this counts as a first would problem, but I've got to rant somewhere.

I lost my job a while ago, and I've gotten behind on rent. I'm lucky, because some people have helped me out, and I'm able to repay.

So I've gone to try and pay, and the payment keeps failing. I'm reasonably sure the error is that one transfer or another is showing up on my account but isn't technically there yet, but looks like I have to get up early tommorow in four hours to go to the rental place and figure this out so I'm not booted out or anything.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I haven't had any alcohol for....a long time, so I am feeling incredibly drunk off my rear end off of one not particularly strong screwdriver.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
In this day and age where you're not supposed to go out unless you really need to (plus it's cold as poo poo here), my belt decided to start fraying is in nearly two pieces. I'm not the biggest guy in the world, so it's a go-and-buy-a-new-one-right-now because I don't want to accidentally drop trou wherever I'm walking.

This part is more of a pet peeve than anything, but I'm 90% sure I have another belt in my place, but I can't find it.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
I bought a spare box of dryer sheets since my current one is nearly empty. I didn't pay attention and just grabbed what was on sale, and now the sickly sweet smell of Gain dryer sheets has permeated the entirety of my laundry room and it's only going to get worse when I have to open it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My bonus was taxed way more than I thought it would be and I had to rethink my plans for how to spend it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have to go through my YouTube favorites because, apparently, there's a limit on playlists. Admittedly I've used it as a catch-all since whenever I set up a Google (or YouTube? I dunno) account for whatever I liked or whatever, but I didn't think there'd be a cap on it.

I'm sure that 3/4ths of what I put there is pointless, but just selecting a huge chunk of it is gonna be annoying as poo poo.

late edit to add another FWP, I've sort of got the urge to play The Sims, and it seems that I've lost all of my muscle memory on how to play. I don't even mean poo poo from expansions that I never touched, I mean like core gameplay verbs that I know I knew how to do once.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Jan 6, 2021

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I always spend like an hour making my sim then attempt to build a house and get so exhausted by everything that I quit the game and don’t touch it again for another 6 months. Usually now I use prebuilt lots but ughhhhhh now I have to get back into the rhythm of playing it or remember what I was doing in a previous save :effort:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I always spend like an hour making my sim then attempt to build a house and get so exhausted by everything that I quit the game and don’t touch it again for another 6 months. Usually now I use prebuilt lots but ughhhhhh now I have to get back into the rhythm of playing it or remember what I was doing in a previous save :effort:

When I play the sims I super minmax my sim and get them to the top of the career ladder, buy the biggest prebuilt house, then get bored.

I don't think I understand the sims and probably play it wrong

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

When I play the sims I super minmax my sim and get them to the top of the career ladder, buy the biggest prebuilt house, then get bored.

You get to that point, and then the goal of the game is to gently caress the grim reaper

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Manager Hoyden posted:

I usually make a very average loser and it makes their accomplishments all the sweeter.

...what a fantasy :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I always spend like an hour making my sim then attempt to build a house and get so exhausted by everything that I quit the game and don’t touch it again for another 6 months.

The sequel to my above FWP is that this has kinda happened to me. Wasn't any exhaustion from everything or anything in specific, I just got my Sim to date (and, surprisingly quickly, marry) another Sim and the push of "okay have to do this and that" has surprisingly evaporated motivation quicker than I would have figured. It's especially wonky cuz I'm not sure if this was just "eh, I don't want to play this, after all", or I'm tired.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

My toothbrush fell on the floor and got in some gunk growing in the tile grout so I replaced it and it just doesn't feel right brushing with the new one.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I guess this is a FWP because I live so close to one, but I kinda hate having to use instacart for my groceries deliveries because of the weather.

Like, for a normal non-asthmatic person, it would only be a minor worry cuz of COVID and everything. But for my sensitive-rear end lungs, the barely-above-freezing air temps mean I totally have to get my groceries delivered.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

I had to get up to pee THREE TIMES last night :mad: I didn’t even drink that much before bed!!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Butt Detective posted:

I had to get up to pee THREE TIMES last night :mad: I didn’t even drink that much before bed!!

Post iucundam iuventutem
Post molestam senectutem
Nos habebit urina

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Butt Detective posted:

get your prostate checked

or do it yourself, it seems like you're qualified

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

get your prostate checked

or do it yourself, it seems like you're qualified

I don’t have one, or at least not the same as a guy would have. :v: I went to bed earlier than usual last night and only had to get up once so idek

A different FWP: it’s always rainy on days when I want to go for a walk and sunny on days when I’m tired and don’t feel up to it :(

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I had a big paper cut on the side of my fingertip two days ago. Ever since then, the edge of my fingernail keeps poking into the tiny wound. It's miniscule but hurts quite a bit.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Jan 13, 2021

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend, and we used to speak together for hours every night, recently suffered some severe anxiety due to work and family concerns, so for the past two weeks she's been taking care of herself. she reached out to me last night, explained that her psychiatrist got her on new meds and everything's going better and she wants to catch up tonight after work, and while I'm super relieved she's doing better, part of me just doesn't want to deal with this due to my own anxiety issues with the pandemic and work and everything.

Before she went out to take care of herself, we were already growing a little distant, but that was mostly due to work and the fact even though she's married with a husband living at home, she's pretty much a single mom taking care of their toddler. So a good part of me does want to reconnect with her, another part of me is just super tired knowing what I'll be hearing about tonight, and part of me, that horrible poo poo part, almost wants to scream at her because she finally got a great paying government job and she can work from home, she has free childcare for her toddler, she finally has a toddler after years of fertility treatment, she told me she always knew she'd have to be a single parent because her husband is essentially worthless and keeps jumping from job to job because they don't respect him or he gets bored or gets tired of it, so what the gently caress are you so anxious about!?

And then I remember it's because she's having issues at work, her toddler is generally just being a toddler, and everyone is super high strung and on edge with a pandemic and all kinds of madness right now across the world, so I have absolutely no right to get irritated at her when I have my own anxiety issues about just basic day-to-day stuff.

gently caress corona. But on the other hand, if it had been handled with any kind of decency, Trump would be in the white house for another 4 years I guarantee it.

Edit: texting with her some this morning, and things are going better, apparently last night was not a super good time but she wanted to let me know that she's doing better.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Jan 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I want to get a second laptop stand so that I don't have to keep dragging the one I do have up and down the stairs, and the spot I want to buy it from won't deliver so if I do buy it I have to drive 1.5~2hrs round trip for a $25 laptop stand.