Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Hello! Does anyone have the various Knights from Adeptus Titanicus (especially the Cerastus ones), and, if so, could you take reference pictures of them next to some 40k/28mm models (a space marine and Custodes, ideally)? Thank you so much!

I don't have a custodes handy, but this should give you a good sense of the scale:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Now to be indecisive for a few more days lol.

Those Warmaster minis are cool as hell, I can't believe how detailed those are at that scale.

Yeah man, it's crazy how much detail can be seen even at that small scale. Best part is, you don't even have to really worry about faces at that size, which is a big sticking point for a lot of people. They also take GW Contrast paints fairly well, especially for the horde armies like Orcs & Goblins or the various Undead. Plus, shields and banners are typically large enough to be able to freehand stuff on, if that's your thing. It's actually honestly kinda hard to go back to "normal" 28mm scale dudes at this point, because a lot of the details you can gloss over at 10mm are front and center on the larger dudes.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Do the new Warcry faction books have any new units or are they just compilations of stuff already in cards?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This Necromunda rulebook is gorgeous but they need a much better editor, drat. A typo in a page title less than twenty pages in? Hahaha.

e: now that I have the books I am more torn, trying to decide between Orlock and Van Saar.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 16, 2020

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Geisladisk posted:

Do the new Warcry faction books have any new units or are they just compilations of stuff already in cards?

Yeah, every HQ in the lists the factions come from are all included now.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Yeah, every HQ in the lists the factions come from are all included now.

If tabletop viability matters to you, van saar are kinda rear end on the table because literally all they do is shoot well. The new book might change that, I dunno.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

If tabletop viability matters to you, van saar are kinda rear end on the table because literally all they do is shoot well. The new book might change that, I dunno.

So, the book doesn't change that (read the Goonhammer review: https://www.goonhammer.com/necromunday-house-of-artifice-review/ and roundtable: https://www.goonhammer.com/necromunday-house-of-artifice-impressions-roundtable/). It does give you some much-needed mobility in the form of Neoteks, the new grav-board mounted prospects.

Opinion is obviously divided on this one, but most people (and bear in mind most people are idiots) would say that Van Saar is one of the most OP gangs, precisely because they can dominate the shooting game so easily. If the tables you play on lend themselves to it, shooting is the easiest way to control the game. If your table is more claustrophobic, as l-a.n. Diane says, you could find yourself in a tight spot. It also depends how well you and your opponents understand the rules. Especially when two gangs with very different game plans meet, it becomes apparent that Necromunda is a game of skill in how well you play your activations and position your fighters (there's also a very hefty dose of luck).

While VS don't have any particularly good close combat options, remember that doesn't mean an Escher, Delaque, Cawdor or Orlock ganger is any better at fighting than a Van Saar. It's just that VS don't have leaders and champions who are well suited to being built as close combat powerhouses. Their new special champion, the Archaeotek, is capable of being built as a melee fighter, but not as much as Escher, Goliath options or Orlock Arms Masters - he is a very good shooting choice, just in a different way to their existing champs. This weakness of VS can be altered by taking an Alliance or buying a Brute suitable to mix it up in melee.

You certainly won't be at a disadvantage with Van Saar. They get a good deal on enhanced BS, which even if you're forced to fight at close range, just makes your guys more effective, and on improved armour, which is useful almost all the time. Those things are as close to a flat advantage as you can get. The access to premium shooting efficiency in return for limited close-combat skills is great in some situations, a liability in others - but it's all in how you use it.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Fuckin hell, I'm annoyed. I bought a copy of Space Hulk on ebay that says it's barely used in excellent condition and included a big picture where it looks like it contains everything. Turns out the description mentions that it includes 14 figures. 4 built and 10 on sprue. Basically I have 4 marines, 9 Genestealers, and 1 Broodlord. I'm familiar with the pc version of the game and didn't know how many figures would be in the box. The back of the box mentions 12 Space Marines, 22 Genestealers so I don't have anywhere near that.

I'm not sure how helpful ebay will be considering the listing says 14 figures and that's what I got. I'm missing a die and the rulebook so hopefully that's enough to force a refund. For nearly twice the retail cost, I want everything that comes in the game. I'm guessing this person either kept the other figures or sold them separately.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"Barely used in excellent condition" and then missing over half of the figure is 100% misleading.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Jolo posted:

Fuckin hell, I'm annoyed. I bought a copy of Space Hulk on ebay that says it's barely used in excellent condition and included a big picture where it looks like it contains everything. Turns out the description mentions that it includes 14 figures. 4 built and 10 on sprue. Basically I have 4 marines, 9 Genestealers, and 1 Broodlord. I'm familiar with the pc version of the game and didn't know how many figures would be in the box. The back of the box mentions 12 Space Marines, 22 Genestealers so I don't have anywhere near that.

I'm not sure how helpful ebay will be considering the listing says 14 figures and that's what I got. I'm missing a die and the rulebook so hopefully that's enough to force a refund. For nearly twice the retail cost, I want everything that comes in the game. I'm guessing this person either kept the other figures or sold them separately.

Jesus, what a ripoff. In any case, eBay is pretty buyer friendly (to the detriment of sellers) so you'd probably win.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

VoodooXT posted:

Jesus, what a ripoff. In any case, eBay is pretty buyer friendly (to the detriment of sellers) so you'd probably win.

Yeah I'm hoping so. The listing does say 14 figures but I didn't think I'd need to look up the number of figures in the box to see if that's the wrong amount. The listing needs to be clear that you're not getting all of the figures the game comes with. If the listing had mentioned missing pieces I wouldn't have bid at all. I can't even field a 5 man team because there are 4 Terminators. C'mon son.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Your best bet is to claim it was damaged in shipping and demand a full refund. EBay might be very buyer friendly, but bring mad the auction had exactly what was promised is gonna be a lot harder to sell.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Your best bet is to claim it was damaged in shipping and demand a full refund. EBay might be very buyer friendly, but bring mad the auction had exactly what was promised is gonna be a lot harder to sell.

"Excellent condition" and "missing parts" are mutually incompatible statements regardless of the details in the description. Unless the seller has been extremely devious with their wording OP could easily argue that the product isn't in excellent condition as it's missing parts and it was mis-sold as such.

OP - open an item not as described case and chargeback on Paypal. You could also threaten the seller with negative feedback. In my experience (as a seller), I would rather just get the item back than go through the hassle of fighting it out.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I mean, so long as the items listed as in the box are in good condition.... its lovely but the seller did say what was on offer. If you bought a special edition bike for example that had no wheels that were in the box new but what was on offer was in good condition how else would you list it?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

It probably depends on the specific wording of the auction. If it said that it included a copy of the Space Hulk game in excellent but used condition, you have a case. A boardgame missing half the figures for the game is not in excellent condition.

If it said that it included some models from Space Hulk in excellent condition, then you might be in trouble.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I've messaged him and received a message back. He claims to be selling it for his son and didn't realize it was missing pieces. I wish I'd looked into exactly how many pieces this thing came with before bidding. Being unfamiliar with the game makes the "14 figures" thing make more sense. He just photographed everything in the box, so it seems a bit less likely that he was trying to mislead with the listing.

A few of the pieces are broken, a few terrain pieces are blunted on the ends, the mission book has pen writing on the back, and the rulebook is completely missing. If he tries to fight me on this I think I have enough valid problems to get a refund.

The listing posted:

Games workshop Space Hulk Board Game 2014
Contains all floor plans and counters, manuals
In excellent condition , hardly Used see Photos
Mission book and original box included.
There are 14 figures included 10 shown on sprue

So it's not in excellent condition and doesn't contain all manuals. No instructions for building the figures either.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

It's also interesting coming from someone who has only played the pc game Space Hulk: Tactics that there are no "Command Cards" in the game. In that game you can convert a card for additional AP for your squad to move/shoot/activate a few more times or use a card by spending command points to do various things. I figured that was part of the board game but the cards aren't listed on the back of the box so I don't think they're included.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Jolo posted:

I've messaged him and received a message back. He claims to be selling it for his son and didn't realize it was missing pieces. I wish I'd looked into exactly how many pieces this thing came with before bidding. Being unfamiliar with the game makes the "14 figures" thing make more sense. He just photographed everything in the box, so it seems a bit less likely that he was trying to mislead with the listing.

A few of the pieces are broken, a few terrain pieces are blunted on the ends, the mission book has pen writing on the back, and the rulebook is completely missing. If he tries to fight me on this I think I have enough valid problems to get a refund.

So it's not in excellent condition and doesn't contain all manuals. No instructions for building the figures either.

Was that literally the best/cheapest copy you had available on the listings? I got a new in box copy of the 4th edition for a little more than you paid.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Crackbone posted:

Was that literally the best/cheapest copy you had available on the listings? I got a new in box copy of the 4th edition for a little more than you paid.

At the time it was, it was about $40 less with a minute to go and I screwed up by thinking I would have one additional click to confirm the bid but ended up placing a bid with a minute to go. So in that final minute a bunch of bids came through that bumped the total up to the max amount I wanted to pay for it.

What'd you pay for a new copy? I'm not wasting time on another used copy after this silliness.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I decided on Orlock over Van Saar at the last minute, and honestly I知 probably going to grab a Delaque box as well. My idea here is to kind of do a condensed micro-campaign with my wife and I to learn the game and have some fun. Since neither of us have tactics cards I知 guessing I can kind of ignore them entirely. When lockdown ends I知 kind of hoping I can rope a few friends into a real campaign.

Reading the rules has me really hyped to kitbash and customize some guys but at the same time I know that if I focus on that from the start I値l never actually finish a gang, so I知 going to assemble some bog standard gangers tonight to get the ball rolling.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Jolo posted:

At the time it was, it was about $40 less with a minute to go and I screwed up by thinking I would have one additional click to confirm the bid but ended up placing a bid with a minute to go. So in that final minute a bunch of bids came through that bumped the total up to the max amount I wanted to pay for it.

What'd you pay for a new copy? I'm not wasting time on another used copy after this silliness.

$250 with shipping. Still in shrink and the newer version with the extra tiles and missions. That was a bit high at the time but I specificallly wanted that printing so paid extra to get it. Looks like there are copies floating for $225 buy it now.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Rockman Reserve posted:

I decided on Orlock over Van Saar at the last minute, and honestly I知 probably going to grab a Delaque box as well. My idea here is to kind of do a condensed micro-campaign with my wife and I to learn the game and have some fun. Since neither of us have tactics cards I知 guessing I can kind of ignore them entirely. When lockdown ends I知 kind of hoping I can rope a few friends into a real campaign.

Reading the rules has me really hyped to kitbash and customize some guys but at the same time I know that if I focus on that from the start I値l never actually finish a gang, so I知 going to assemble some bog standard gangers tonight to get the ball rolling.

Good man! It really is the best game GW make. Goonhammer has plenty of articles on getting started, both for specific gangs and general starting tips. If you are getting 1x 10 man box of each gang, you may as well build all of them. Don't feel you have to do it as per the loadouts on the box. But a common technique for starting a campaign gang is buy 2 boxes (or, say, an Orlock box and an Armsmasters/Wreckers box) and leave a few models unassembled - then you can decide how to build them as your campaign progresses.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Some good news, the guy who sold me that copy of Space Hulk was selling it on behalf of his son and didn't realize it was missing pieces and is totally fine with a return/refund. It sounds like his son assembled/painted a few of the figures and then lost/kept them and he didn't realize it. The box has a ton other pieces so I can understand not realizing a significant amount is missing. Good karma coming his way for not being a chore about it.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013
Any suggestions for adeptus titanicus scenery/basing elements? Looking to make some ruins for bases.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

How is it so hard to find a template set without a weirdly huge markup? :psyduck:

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

chippocrates posted:

Any suggestions for adeptus titanicus scenery/basing elements? Looking to make some ruins for bases.

GC Minis does a bag of rubble/building miscasts for about $12 and it's a quantity that you can use for other terrain pieces, too.
https://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/rubbled-building-bits-plaster-285rubble001-p/

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Rockman Reserve posted:

How is it so hard to find a template set without a weirdly huge markup? :psyduck:

Are you in the US? All of my stuff is in storage right now, but if I can find a set of templates I can send them to you for the cost of shipping. I've got about 14 million sets from over the years. No guarantees though, a lot of my stuff is pretty buried, but I'll do what I can.

Unrelated, I'm looking to offload the two war bands from the new WHU Direchasm set, warband specific cards included, for $25 each, plus shipping (should be about $4 or so.) Contact me at portablezombie at the gmails. If you'd like a set of WHU dice, I can toss those in too, but I've only got one set available, so first come, first served on that.

Crip Towe
Sep 7, 2012
I bought Blackstone Fortress and also placed an order for Ascension and Escalation as well as the 2019 Annual.
Am I dumb or are those good choices? The other expansion are not available anymore but I heard these are the ones to get for sure.

I loved the original WHQ but sold it in 2006 :( that was very dumb.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Crip Towe posted:

I bought Blackstone Fortress and also placed an order for Ascension and Escalation as well as the 2019 Annual.
Am I dumb or are those good choices? The other expansion are not available anymore but I heard these are the ones to get for sure.

Haven稚 played the game but the minis look amazing so there痴 always that. :)

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Crip Towe posted:

It's very old-school GW, both the good and bad.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
So I guess no Underworlds reveals from GW痴 advent calendar thing? Can稚 wait to see the Seraphon warband.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

GC Minis does a bag of rubble/building miscasts for about $12 and it's a quantity that you can use for other terrain pieces, too.
https://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/rubbled-building-bits-plaster-285rubble001-p/

Thanks - will look into them in the UK.

Are the Adeptus Titanicus Titans easy enough to magnetise? What size of magnets are best to use?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

chippocrates posted:

Thanks - will look into them in the UK.

Are the Adeptus Titanicus Titans easy enough to magnetise? What size of magnets are best to use?

5mm dia/1mm thick.

Warlords and Warbringers have pre-made holes for magnetising all their weapons, as do Reaver carapace mounts.

Reaver and Warhound arms are easily doable with a knife or file (flatten ball joint and glue on magnet). There are some really intricate tutorials out there but keep it simple.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Are you in the US? All of my stuff is in storage right now, but if I can find a set of templates I can send them to you for the cost of shipping. I've got about 14 million sets from over the years. No guarantees though, a lot of my stuff is pretty buried, but I'll do what I can.

Yeah, I'm in the US. Let me know if you find any, I had been using the same set from I think Battle for Macragge for several years but as I fell out of the hobby I think I lost them in a move. I tried to order a set from the FLGS but they said they hadn't had any in months.

For Necromunda, is it balanced for gangs built via GotU to participate in gangs built with House Of *** books?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Rockman Reserve posted:

Yeah, I'm in the US. Let me know if you find any, I had been using the same set from I think Battle for Macragge for several years but as I fell out of the hobby I think I lost them in a move. I tried to order a set from the FLGS but they said they hadn't had any in months.

For Necromunda, is it balanced for gangs built via GotU to participate in gangs built with House Of *** books?

Yes - the GotU versions will have fewer and/or less characterful special add-on rules. But the core mechanics aren't changed and credit (points) costs of fighters or equipment barely change if at all. The main balancing factor in Necromunda is the opportunity cost of what you can spend stuff on. Everything in the "House of" books is competing against a plain old guy armed with a plasma gun or grenade launcher from the GotU Trading Post, and the latter is still very relevant.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Cool cool cool. I went Orlock/Escher but then splurged and grabbed Delaque too just to shake things up since my play for the foreseeable future is home-based.

Also, my Blood Bowl S2 box finally showed up - pretty beat up, honestly. Everything inside is intact minus one little scar on the cover of the book so it's not worth fighting for a return or anything but it's kind of a pain, I'm going to have to print corner struts or something for it or else just NEVER set any other boxes on it.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Blood bowl should always be the box on top because it should always be the one you reach for first.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Rockman Reserve posted:

Pretty sure Mindtaker Minis has a bunch on the supercheap. If not, I KNOW I have multiple sets between the 3 Underhive, 1 Dark Uprising, and AT boxes I have.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Nice. I got a set ordered and even after shipping it was cheaper than any other option I've seen so far.

For Blood Bowl, are there any like quick-start rosters for the Season 2 box set teams to jump in and play an exhibition game? Or am I going to actually have to sit down and draft them both out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Trolls Under The Bridge have a 20% off sale until Monday so if you play Epic or Warmaster they have a lot of Necron and Chaos proxies. If you play anything that needs 28mm, the company also does aftermarket parts for Sisters and melee weapons. Code is NOMORE19

I didn't realize they had Necron monoliths and basically went bust picking up a bunch for my army. Hope to post 100+ stands of 6mm Necrons in 2021.