Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Automata is great but it is also padded out a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ulio posted:

The transformers Platinum game is not bad. It's definitely on par with the rest of their stuff but its a fun action game.

This was a playstation plus game right? I think I played it for maybe 15-20 minutes and it was was utterly dire and forgettable. It felt like they'd upscaled a NES transformers platformer. Everything felt so plasticky and stiff and unsatisfying. Such an tepid, uninteresting, mediocre game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Simone Magus posted:

Automata is great but it is also padded out a lot

Not really, I think this is where padding gets confused. I think most people consider route B padding but it serves a purpose. You can say that’s tedious and doesn’t add much which is fair but it has a point

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
This thread is full of padding!

Like when known dinguses fall for obvious trolling. It's unnecessary and just adds bloat by confirming what we already know.

Speaking of padding, I'm always unhappy when a character creator doesn't let me play a big fat guy. Like, MLB The Show is supposed to be this great simulator but I can't even make a truly John Kruk-ian guy to lumber around the bases.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like making elderly men in character creators. It was most hilarious in Dragon Age when my character was supposed to be a young prince.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Lately I've been making some monster factory-esque visages with the biggest, fullest, most poutiest lips I can get. Their mission is then to give the whole wide world the biggest smooches by any means necessary.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Akuma posted:

Have you... played Nier Automata?

Sounds like an accurate description to me

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

At this point I already know ghost of tsushima will be on my goty list for this year

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fridge corn posted:

At this point I already know ghost of tsushima will be on my goty list for this year

I need to start it, but I keep wondering if there's going to be a PS5 patch or something. I'm still holding off buying TLoU2 because I know it will and they'll probably charge for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far very few people have tried to charge for a patch for a game you can just play on PS5 anyway.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I need to get back into Ghost of Tsushima since I got distracted by other things, but I'm playing it on PS5 and it already runs at 4k60. There's not much I would wish for in a PS5 patch.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I mentioned this before the PS5 came out but FYI basically any PS4 game will still cost at least 10s of thousands of $ to make PS5 versions, so if there's not a huge demand or incentive to do it it's probably not going to happen that much at this point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What games promised PS5 versions but didn't already launch with them? I can only think of Cyberpunk and Yakuza 7.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

What games promised PS5 versions but didn't already launch with them? I can only think of Cyberpunk and Yakuza 7.

Witcher 3 is getting one

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Control

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Witcher 3 is getting one
"This is the time," Akuma tells themself, "that I'll finally play more than 3 hours of The Witcher 3."

# Later in 2021 #
<Narrator Voice> They didn't

Akuma fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 1, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol I think cd project has enough going on right now

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol I think cd project has enough going on right now

They clearly do not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m not playing any more main quest stuff in Cyberpunk2077 until the next big patch, the amount of crashes I’m getting is absolutely insane.
It’s genuinely the worst console game in terms of crashes that I’ve played since Fallout New Vegas on PS3, I actually think it’s worse.
I keep going back to it and then after an hour tops it’ll crash.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I just got to the title card drop and while I haven’t had a crash yet, there have been a lot of things not drawn in properly and one dead guy in an elevator bouncing off the floor and ceiling. I’m also only playing for about two hours a session before turning the console off.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
talking to the woodman dude in cyberpunk and hes like "ya ever use tech that never broke?" "didnt think so." and im like, yeah i have. bitch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My GBA SP still going strong

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have 80 hours in CP and on the latest patch I've crashed maybe once every 8-10 hours where before it was every 3. I've done all the missions, all the side quests, etc. Just going through some of the various endings. PS4 Pro here.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
can you lock yourself out of quests in cyberpunk? i dont know why i thought this game woudnt do that, but cdpr have been doing in for the past 3 games theyve done so lol.

i just did clouds and i left and keanu says im running out of time, wont have time to go find hellman which sounds like that quest is getting locked out but its still in my journal?

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This was a playstation plus game right? I think I played it for maybe 15-20 minutes and it was was utterly dire and forgettable. It felt like they'd upscaled a NES transformers platformer. Everything felt so plasticky and stiff and unsatisfying. Such an tepid, uninteresting, mediocre game.

Perhaps it's just that you are a tepid, uninteresting and mediocre player for these types of action games (DMC, Bayo, W101, etc...). Do you even like diggin' in to those types of games?

Shame you aren't the type of player Transformers Devastaion was made for becasue it's really good/fun.

Also if you could please point me to the NES game/platformer that plays like it, I would love to give it a go (really just an excuse to post a Saurain vid).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEHRysbEVQ8

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

can you lock yourself out of quests in cyberpunk? i dont know why i thought this game woudnt do that, but cdpr have been doing in for the past 3 games theyve done so lol.

i just did clouds and i left and keanu says im running out of time, wont have time to go find hellman which sounds like that quest is getting locked out but its still in my journal?

You definitely can, but it's usually by choosing to go with one option over the other mid quest ,and is generally caused by not doing something marked (optional).

If it was just a line of dialog and it's still in the journal you should be fine.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fix posted:

I need to start it, but I keep wondering if there's going to be a PS5 patch or something. I'm still holding off buying TLoU2 because I know it will and they'll probably charge for it.

I was gonna wait and play it on ps5 but I got ghost of tsushim for Christmas and I didnt get a ps5 so :shrug:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

You definitely can, but it's usually by choosing to go with one option over the other mid quest ,and is generally caused by not doing something marked (optional).

If it was just a line of dialog and it's still in the journal you should be fine.
I've had side stuff fail because (I think?) I left it too long.

Tortoise-friend guy killed himself and it was implied it was because I was dicking about with other stuff for too long without checking in on him. I've also had other things fail because I started/advanced it and then didn't immediately do the next step (left the rough area) and those are just gone forever. It has a big "JOB FAILED" thing when it happens.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

LMAO, i scanned the dude selling uncut shady BD's and his loving name is Lenny Nero. i just watched Strange Days last night as well (as i do every NYE)

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The only thing I don't like about TLOU2 is the amount of times where there are multiple branching paths and one of the paths is one-way only, especially when it's not clear. I've missed out on exploring a few places so far because I've accidentally taken the path you can't return from.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

dantheman650 posted:

The only thing I don't like about TLOU2 is the amount of times where there are multiple branching paths and one of the paths is one-way only, especially when it's not clear. I've missed out on exploring a few places so far because I've accidentally taken the path you can't return from.

I thought God of War did something very clever about this where Atreus would always stand in the way of the critical path so you knew exactly which direction NOT to go in if you wanted to explore all the side content.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

LMAO, i scanned the dude selling uncut shady BD's and his loving name is Lenny Nero. i just watched Strange Days last night as well (as i do every NYE)

Good catch

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

dantheman650 posted:

I don’t think there’s multiple paths, it might seem like there are, but I’m pretty sure the game is linear. You’ll probably trigger some cutscenes unexpectedly and won’t be able to go back, but the game does a good job of making sure you explore an area pretty thoroughly before you do trigger the cutscene or whatever, like in Seattle. But if you’re still playing it, I’d suggest using the L3 button to see which direction to go so you know which areas you have left to explore, because I think each area is sort of structured similarly to Seattle, and rather than multiple paths, the game sort of bottle necks you into taking one path.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 1, 2021

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

naughty dog are also notorious for making you jump down a ledge/ off a cliff/ over the side of a building/through a hole in the ground you can't climb back out of in order to trigger progression in the narrative.

if you see something like that in front of you but you know there's stuff you haven't explored otherwise, go do the other stuff first.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don’t go through any narrow crevices or under any shutters either :D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol holyshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWeFWtOoVyo

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nioh is often tough and sometimes really bullshit but it never pisses me off. Such a good game.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don’t go through any narrow crevices or under any shutters either :D

Yeah, this is what just annoyed me. There are plenty of narrow crevices you can go back and forth through, but after going through the one into the garage with the archer guy, they "block" the path with some 2x4s that fall over and then you can't explore the house if you hadn't yet. It's a minor annoyance, but at this point it's happened to me three times in places that were not immediately the typical Naughty Dog one-way gates and makes exploration feel a bit frustrating. Still having a great time - the enemy AI is so much improved over the first game.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Nier sucks rear end. The robot doesn’t want to die this game is deep as gently caress

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Automata is pretty fun game and the combat feels good, but it's really not the deep and insightful experience that it might want to pretend it is at times. Excellent music, though. A Beautiful Song is one of the best boss tracks I've heard in ages, I actually listen to it sometimes just as normal music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nier rules and has some really poignant poo poo to say about what we leave behind for the future