Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It’s almost midnight on Fiorina! Come over!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Didn’t realize she has a coffee cup instead of her “tea”. Trying to stay up to midnight?

it's bovril

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Quick question-I've been playing on my wife's island since I started playing, but decided to get my own Switch to start an island of my own. I've read up on how to do it, but I'm having a hard time finding out what I am able to take with me. Do I start from scratch in the bells/storage/nook miles department?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I didn't realize there were two hat types and am incredibly grateful to have gotten the correct hat type in my game, Isabelle's top hat in green and purple

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Opening up Mau-Mau for a bit. We have New Year's hats in Aqua, Yellow, Pink and Green.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks (one of the limited items is, appropriately enough, a garbage can) and Ables.

Toy Day/winter item cataloging is across the bridge east of the airport.

Plenty of non-seasonal DIY recipes and other items up for grabs on the beach in front of Ursala's, including a fake Scenic painting that I bought by mistake the other day.

Help yourself to some presents (mostly Toy Day items) over by the western side of the Town Plaza.

There's a smattering of seasonal recipe items in front of Nooks up for grabs. I was going to make more but :effort:

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 1, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

e: misunderstood, it's a lot better than I thought!

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 1, 2021

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

TL posted:

Quick question-I've been playing on my wife's island since I started playing, but decided to get my own Switch to start an island of my own. I've read up on how to do it, but I'm having a hard time finding out what I am able to take with me. Do I start from scratch in the bells/storage/nook miles department?

Hopefully attachments work

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There are apparently multiple types of Happy New Year hats?!? My wife has top hats but I have party hats. Are there more? I must have them all!!!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

There are apparently multiple types of Happy New Year hats?!? My wife has top hats but I have party hats. Are there more? I must have them all!!!

There are 8 of each hats, the silk hats and the regular cone-shaped hats, making 16 hats total.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Two of my villagers aren't at the celebration, they are at their houses dancing alone

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Macaluso posted:

Two of my villagers aren't at the celebration, they are at their houses dancing alone
Yeah I've only got 4 villagers at the plaza. Flo's at her house with her sunglasses on and talking about partying all night, probably doing coke instead of joining in the festivities lol

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
drat, Sterling. We are (were) only a few minutes into the new year. You OK, buddy???

Edit: Bikini Atoll NYE 2021 party was a rager. Woke up on a beach next to deer.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 1, 2021

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

e: nvm

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 1, 2021

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
For west coast goons I'm opening my gates an hour early. Feel free to pick whatever flowers and whatnot. I'll be AFK until a few minutes before the countdown.
Eigg is open at GX86H

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Man, this game's simple happy celebrations always make me choke up a little bit. Which is kind of embarrassing - I'm tearing up at Animal Crossing, dangit!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Game is wholesome.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

There's a bunch of new stuff in the seasonal tab in Nook Shopping until the 15th, just as a heads up.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The Japanese items are cute! I'm gonna go ahead and give the gross Russian mayonnaise salad to the villagers I want to move out first...

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1344946468164149248?s=21

Gyroids, eh 👀

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Anyone want to trade a New Year's top hat for a New Year's cone hat? I've got a red, blue, purple or orange. They aren't indexable unfortunately.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Hobo Clown posted:

Anyone want to trade a New Year's top hat for a New Year's cone hat? I've got a red, blue, purple or orange. They aren't indexable unfortunately.

Are you offering the top hats or the cone hats?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Would anyone be willing to sell an extra sparkling cider for me? I didn't notice there was any new stuff in the special items tab until yesterday, and my girlfriend doesn't have the store app; so with resident services closed yesterday I was the only one who could order and hit the 5 item limit

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Would anyone be willing to sell an extra sparkling cider for me? I didn't notice there was any new stuff in the special items tab until yesterday, and my girlfriend doesn't have the store app; so with resident services closed yesterday I was the only one who could order and hit the 5 item limit

Sure I bought some extra. Gimme a dodo code and I’ll just drop it over

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New music for the new year? This tune I haven’t heard before

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sure I bought some extra. Gimme a dodo code and I’ll just drop it over

Thanks! Dodo code H6XWC

The music is an all-day New Year's Day music I think, it didn't change over from 11 to 12

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 1, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks! Dodo code H6XWC

The music is an all-day New Year's Day music I think, it didn't change over from 11 to 12

On my way! Mind if I check your Nooks?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

On my way! Mind if I check your Nooks?

Thanks! Much appreciated. Sorry right when you landed I learned I was logged out of the Nintendo app so I had trouble slow-typing: I did see you check out Nooks which is totally fine!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thanks again! Sorry I couldn't stick around- Rokit had obviously never been fed in his entire life and was howling the song of his people to let me know this fact.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
After asking me several times during the year, I have finally decided to let Mac leave the nest. He's an OG from when I started, and his name is Mac so I didn't want him to leave. But I'm overflowing with jocks and his house will never change. New year it is time. Farewell Mac :qq:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

runchild posted:

Are you offering the top hats or the cone hats?

Ha sorry, offering the cone hats

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Thanks again! Sorry I couldn't stick around- Rokit had obviously never been fed in his entire life and was howling the song of his people to let me know this fact.

No worries! Thanks for your generosity :)

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
If a group does the work out reaction at once it looks like you're all stumbling around drunk! We got tipsy on the beach for NYE, even if we couldn't in real life.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

Ha sorry, offering the cone hats

Sweet, I’ve got top hats for ya then.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

runchild posted:

Sweet, I’ve got top hats for ya then.

My gate is closed!

BYS1S

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 1, 2021

runchild
May 26, 2010

Thanks Hobo Clown, sorry for the confusion.

To anyone else: I’ve still got red and orange top hats (silk hat) and I’m in the market for a purple cone hat.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

runchild posted:

Thanks Hobo Clown, sorry for the confusion.

To anyone else: I’ve still got red and orange top hats (silk hat) and I’m in the market for a purple cone hat.

Rats I only have a pink one for trading

Kiki looks so good in the Mage’s dress :3:

runchild
May 26, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Rats I only have a pink one for trading.

Drat, I didn’t pay close enough attention to the discussion to realize there were 8 colors. Somehow me and Hobo Clown had the same 4 colors of opposing hat types too, so I still didn’t know. Guess I don’t really need the purple now since it wouldn’t complete the set, so I’ll trade ya if you want.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

runchild posted:

Drat, I didn’t pay close enough attention to the discussion to realize there were 8 colors. Somehow me and Hobo Clown had the same 4 colors of opposing hat types too, so I still didn’t know. Guess I don’t really need the purple now since it wouldn’t complete the set, so I’ll trade ya if you want.

Sure! Let me have a Dodo code and I’ll bring it over

Edit: I’d like the orange top hat if possible!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 1, 2021

runchild
May 26, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sure! Let me have a Dodo code and I’ll bring it over

K8QDC

Sorry for the delay, had to organize some DIYs I was saving for my sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ok coming over! I have to make it quick as I suddenly have been told I need to expect an important phone call