Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Archonex posted:

Ning can do weird 18k hits with her screen somehow. I've yet to figure out how.

It just has a real big base damage percentage. At talent level 6, Jade Screen does 323% damage. My level 80 Ning has 1,868 attack (with a 5* weapon), 80% Geo DMG bonus (~50% from a goblet and 30% from ascension stat bonuses), and 80% crit damage (just from substats). Then throw in another 12% geo dmg from her A4 talent and she's up to 92.

If she crits on the screen she should theoretically be able to hit 1868 * 3.23 * 1.92 * 1.8 = 20,800 damage, and that's without a crit-damage hat or food buff or pyro resonance or Bennett or....
Unfortunately that's a before-enemy-defence number and I don't think i've ever actually seen damage that high. I guess I'd see numbers like that if I ran around in level 20 domains oneshotting hilichurls, but I only seem to hit ~10k on actual high-level enemies. I have no idea how defence works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It just has a real big base damage percentage. At talent level 6, Jade Screen does 323% damage. My level 80 Ning has 1,868 attack (with a 5* weapon), 80% Geo DMG bonus (~50% from a goblet and 30% from ascension stat bonuses), and 80% crit damage (just from substats). Then throw in another 12% geo dmg from her A4 talent and she's up to 92.

If she crits on the screen she should theoretically be able to hit 1868 * 3.23 * 1.92 * 1.8 = 20,800 damage, and that's without a crit-damage hat or food buff or pyro resonance or Bennett or....
Unfortunately that's a before-enemy-defence number and I don't think i've ever actually seen damage that high. I guess I'd see numbers like that if I ran around in level 20 domains oneshotting hilichurls, but I only seem to hit ~10k on actual high-level enemies. I have no idea how defence works.

Ning's %-numbers are very high just in general. That's why she's such a good carry, she scales extremely well with artifacts and any other damage buffs (Bennett, Mona, etc.)

She's going to be nuts with the potential geo resonance change in 1.3 since geo is really lacking in negative RES debuffs like VV at the moment

Selane
May 19, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Sounds about right. From here:
Level difference/DEF:
An enemies defence is correlated to their level. Your damage will be multiplied by the following:
[(100+Character Level)/((100+Character Level) + (100+Enemy Level)*Defence drop)]
If we have a level 60 character and level 60 enemy, this will be (160)/(160+160) = 50%, i.e. Your damage will be reduced by 50%
If we have a level 70 character and a level 60 enemy, this will be (170)/(170+160) = 51.52%, i.e. Your damage will be reduced by 100%-51.52%=48.48%
In the same example, if you reduced the enemy's DEF by 20%, this would be (170)/(170+160*0.8)=57.05%, i.e. Your damage would be reduced by 100%-57.05%=42.95%

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

zgrowler2 posted:

As for your questions - Sac Sword is BiS for XQ Support, Kaeya Support and Qiqi Support. Made obsolete for Bennett Support by Festering Desire, Favonius Sword, and the 5* options, but not bad at all if you have FD on another character. Stringless is BiS for Venti Support, Fischl Support, and Amber Support, 2nd best for Venti DPS, 3rd best for Diona support.

Thanks, this helps. I hadn't thought Sac Sword would be that good on Qiqi because of how it procs (using a Favonius instead because of the Energy Recharge) but I'll give it a shot to try; and if not her then probably Kaeya. I've got Bennet with my FD too. Stringless I think gets refined since I don't have Venti and I have a Favonius Warbow for Diona anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shimmy shimmy posted:

Thanks, this helps. I hadn't thought Sac Sword would be that good on Qiqi because of how it procs (using a Favonius instead because of the Energy Recharge) but I'll give it a shot to try; and if not her then probably Kaeya. I've got Bennet with my FD too. Stringless I think gets refined since I don't have Venti and I have a Favonius Warbow for Diona anyway.

Sac and favonius have the exact same atk and er stats and only differ on the effect. The sac sword effect isn't amazing on qiqi since she doesn't really need it much but it's sitll better than the absolute nothing of favonius.

If you have some unit like XQ who really benefits from sac sword, absolutely give that to him instead of qiqi. Qiqi will do fine with whatever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'd beg to differ that stringless is the best venti support. if you give him favonius warbow he generates so much energy that you can keep everyone's ult up all the time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fur20 posted:

i'd beg to differ that stringless is the best venti support. if you give him favonius warbow he generates so much energy that you can keep everyone's ult up all the time

A well geared Venti can get enough ER to do that without favonius, in which case stringless is just better.

Favonius is much better on less geared Ventis though, at least in my opinion

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
did the locations of the magical crystal veins change for anyone else today? the Liyue ones all seem to be around Qingyun Peak now. i'm hoping it stays this way because it's so much easier to farm.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that happened to me one day earlier this week, and for the first time i've had Guyun Stone Forest completely bare of any crystals. also had a day recently where all my veins were in Stormterror's Domain for the first time ever so i wonder if they're just loving with things.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

dogsicle posted:

that happened to me one day earlier this week, and for the first time i've had Guyun Stone Forest completely bare of any crystals. also had a day recently where all my veins were in Stormterror's Domain for the first time ever so i wonder if they're just loving with things.

yeah i was caught off-guard by the ones missing in the Stone Forest, i thought i had already farmed them earlier and completely forgot. interesting.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I can't speak for the math of things, but my level 90 Ningguang with level 90 Lost Prayer and level 11 screen deals about 22k crits. Charge attacks are around 15-16k. This is on just about every WL7 mob I encounter, the only time it goes down is vs. Fatui shields. There's tons of variables at work that make the dmg higher or lower, but resting stats are 1978 atk/75% crit/174.4%Crit Dmg/110%+ Geo dmg (changing based on lost prayer stacks and screen buff).

I think the secret to big damage is just getting disgustingly min/maxed artifacts. Which sadly takes massive amounts of resin and luck.

Edit: Oh and for any aspiring Ningguang'ers who care, I did testing on the best DPS sequence for attacks. 1 attack > charge attack is best for single target DPS. 3 attack > charge attack is best for C1 AoE DPS. The drawback on 1 attack > charge attack is that if the enemy is far away, you won't have your star jade when you start the charge so it will consume stamina even though it still fires the jade. Because of this, you might want to do 2 attack > charge for far enemies and 1 attack > charge for close enemies.

The Crusher fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 1, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did the game get released earlier than they intended? I faintly remember there being something about it coming out like that.

I hope that future patches have power levels for enemies. It'd be nice to have areas where you can safely use new characters without them being mostly useless unless they're catalyst characters to break shields.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Did the game get released earlier than they intended? I faintly remember there being something about it coming out like that.

I hope that future patches have power levels for enemies. It'd be nice to have areas where you can safely use new characters without them being mostly useless unless they're catalyst characters to break shields.

They kept to the original planned release date, but didn't get as much done as they expected because of COVID-19 and lockdowns.
Patch 1.1 originally supposed to be part of the initial release but they had to delay it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

did the locations of the magical crystal veins change for anyone else today? the Liyue ones all seem to be around Qingyun Peak now. i'm hoping it stays this way because it's so much easier to farm.
The magic crystal clusters and XP/Mora leylines are supposed to change locations but for me at least they more or less didn't all the way through 1.1; I think it was an undocumented bugfix that they move now in 1.2. The way it basically seems to work is this:

1) One "major" cluster location is chosen for Monstadt and Liyue for the day. The "major" cluster locations are Wolvendom or Stormterror's Lair in Monstadt and Qingyun Peak or Southwestern Liyue. Three or five nodes (depending on region) will be marked by the blacksmiths.

2) Around three "minor" hidden cluster locations will be chosen for the day based on where the "major" clusters are. For instance, when Wolvendom is the Monstadt location you will almost always find unmarked clusters near the VV artifact dungeon and northeast of the Statue of the Seven near it, but when Stormterror's Lair is the location you will very often find them in the two northeastern mining points or the hidden ledge east of Thousand Winds Temple. In Liyue, if the nodes are in the SW, there is a near-100% chance that there will be unmarked clusters in Guyun Stone Forest (near the teleport point, on the southern edge of the island with the 4 Ruin Guards, and on the island south of that with the spinny guy). Sometimes the minor clusters can be revealed by talking to other NPCs, but they seem to have a radius (e.g. Guyun Stone Forest is always out of range so no NPC will ever mark those for you, but they will be there). Note that the "minor" clusters might have more ore than the "major" ones.

3) Sometimes you will think you found fewer hidden clusters than you did because they spawn right next to existing ones. The bluffs just west of Liyue Harbor for example; the blacksmith will always mark one and the guy at Blackcliff Forge will always mark the other, but they nearly always spawn paired anyway so there's no point in asking the non-blacksmith NPC because you can see one node from the other's location. Other places you'll see this are the SW and NE nodes in Qingyun Peak.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 2, 2021

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The magic crystal/clusters changing locations with 1.2 seems to be related to the leylines also being stuck and not rotating during 1.1 as well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i do have probably every possible location for veins marked since they all seem to spawn crystal ores independently of being a vein. but yeah now i actually have to use the blacksmiths to mark the day's veins because i usually saved time by skipping checks on the veins around Qingyun Peak/Stormterror until the 72hr timer flipped over again.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I just got an Amos bow, is it worthwhile for childe or should I still get viridescent hunt?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's likely better by virtue of being a 5* and having a much higher Base Atk.

I doubt the Crit Rate sub stat is better enough to tip the scales.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

HELLS YES! Just picked up a random Jean. Do I build her as DPS or healer? What sword do I give her?

The Atomic Man-Boy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 2, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

HELLS YES! Just picked up a random Jean. Do I build her as DPS or healer?
congrats, Jean is amazing.

Her healing scales on attack so you build her like a dps. Crit doesn't help her heal but it helps her damage, so I go attack on sands, anemo cup, and c.dmg on hat. Festering Desire is like tailor made for her.

Her healing on autoattack is kind of overrated-' I find the best use to her is just swapping her in every 6-10 seconds to nuke someone with gale blade. Its scaling is insanely good and it does physics damage too.

Here's a video that shows some techs that work with Gale Blade to help you max her physics damage. https://youtu.be/fUxlJ7aFEOE

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

HELLS YES! Just picked up a random Jean. Do I build her as DPS or healer? What sword do I give her?

Whichever you want, but she's better as a healer. I've been running her with The Flute since her heals scale with attack, but one of the ER swords or the Black Sword are also good for her, depends on how you use her and what artifacts you have available. Aquila Favonia is BiS, but also a 5*. I plan to switch her to a Favonius Sword eventually for a e s t h e t i c s.

Edit: Will also second what Vapors said about artifacts. Also, she doesn't do as well with 4 piece VV as Sucrose or Venti. I have her with 2 Glad/2 Bloodstained since I use her autos quite a bit. 2 Glad/2 VV if you don't auto is good.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 2, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

MajorBonnet posted:

I plan to switch her to a Favonius Sword eventually for a e s t h e t i c s.

My fondest wish is that the game introduces transmogrification for this exact reason

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

You more or less build her entirely for support damage (anemo goblet, Viridescent Venerer 4 piece) because she has enough healing at baseline. She loves Festering Desire.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like seeing the grody evil eye sword every time she uses her burst, good juxtaposition

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They kept to the original planned release date, but didn't get as much done as they expected because of COVID-19 and lockdowns.
Patch 1.1 originally supposed to be part of the initial release but they had to delay it.

Ah right, that's what it was.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Alright, Fischl is in starglitter shop despite her being on the banner

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Debating getting the Fischl in the Starglitter (or dust, mix them up) store. My Fischl is C5, so on one hand this would make her C6 which is very good, but on the other hand I'm probably going to get another Fischl from the gacha at some point, and I only need one more.

Radical posted:

if this is the 3rd vuln phase it can do an attack after being vuln'd twice that will leave a damaging aura on the ground that i assume persists after the weak point is destroyed

This is probably it. How do you deal with that? Just attack from range?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a reason you guys are trying to solo the regisvine? I just did it coop with randoms and the vine died so fast with everyone focusing it down. Managed to get all 15 kills in a short amount of time this way. (Or is there another boss/more quests after finishing everything?)

I’ve done all the quests to finish Act 2 and 4 now but my weapon only has 1/3 effects active. Was Act 4 not suppose to give me anything? How do I get rime-worn fragments fast?

What AR are you?

I haven't tried co-op since usually HP is scaled in such a way that it's awful if you have one or two bad/weak players in the group.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cool, managed to go 9/9/6/6 first go-through in the new Abyss slapping together teams, even with dogshit buffs like weakpoint and sprint.

gently caress Cicin Mages though. And Eye of the Storm is such a dumb mob.

Last chamber part 2 is an absolute joke with freeze :chillout:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

Debating getting the Fischl in the Starglitter (or dust, mix them up) store. My Fischl is C5, so on one hand this would make her C6 which is very good, but on the other hand I'm probably going to get another Fischl from the gacha at some point, and I only need one more.

Don't stress too much on the thought of C6 being a "waste" of gacha rolls unless you're planning on mega-whaling and buying a jillion of them
Like, is it better to have a C6 fischl to play with on your team now, or to have 15% increased primogem efficiency on some future banner that might be months or years away?
Plus, If you have C6 now then you won't have to roll on that imaginary future fischl banner.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 2, 2021

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ytlaya posted:

What AR are you?

I haven't tried co-op since usually HP is scaled in such a way that it's awful if you have one or two bad/weak players in the group.

34 and I guess I got lucky with the randoms cause I just finished grinding the rest of the items and most of the groups didn’t steamroll everything like the first time. Still worth it for me though cause it took me longer to solo the thing.

I’m really having a hard time finding those drat fragments.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Desperately running around trying to find one more agate (at 81 not counting the tree missions) and found a weird floating nav point on the side of a mountain. It looks like the white triangle-with-a-ring around it used to mark the end of race/glider challenges but was just floating in the air for no reason and popped and vanished when I touched it. This area:

Is this part of some puzzle I activated and never saw the other end of?

Edit: Nevermind. Died sitting there while posting (derp) and it came back, but when I popped it this time it spawned more. Just an exquisite chest. :/

Mailer fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 2, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Mailer posted:

Desperately running around trying to find one more agate (at 81 not counting the tree missions) and found a weird floating nav point on the side of a mountain. It looks like the white triangle-with-a-ring around it used to mark the end of race/glider challenges but was just floating in the air for no reason and popped and vanished when I touched it. This area:

If that's the one I remember, touching it spawns another one further down the mountainside, which will spawn another one when you touch it, and so forth. Following them all the way down gets you a chest, I think.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Mailer posted:

I thought there were 80 agates. I leveled the tree to 11 today after getting the chest from my pet foxes and doing today's crimson wish.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Well, I managed to catch up with WL4 difficulty, with WL5 just 2 AR away. Generally speaking, what gives the most bang for my buck in terms of investing in characters? Leveling up the carry, the supports, their weapons, their talents? What should I be prioritizing, since by the time I get a team of four - or heck, just 1 or 2 - fully powered up, I'll be in WL5. Also, what's a good target for my artifact level? I enhanced everything on my carry to level 8 and I really felt the improvement right away. (To clarify - my whole team is 60 or 50 out of 70, their weapons are level 50 or 40, they all have 2-3 levels on their talents... so I haven't neglected anything, just looking to see what is best to fully max out first).

Also - I'm actively using both fischl and xiangling, and I only have enough for one of their constellations from the shop. What's better, Fischl c4 or Xiangling c3?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was cruising through abyss till the protect the thing stage. I guess I don’t actually understand what I should be doing here because I feel like it’s always poo poo spawning on other side of the arena going directly towards it and me either focusing on what I’m doing and the pylon getting beat up or me going to protect it and losing all my stamina and not being able to wrangle it all together cuz some is melee and some is ranged and then the old stuff is prolly wacking at the thing by now and ahhhh. I guess Klee is pretty bad at running around the arena and I should adjust team comp for it.

Sucrose is probably good for the fodder side. Maybe a freeze pair too? Not really sure who else has great cc. I actually think the second side is easier because I’m just terrible at crowds.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

xedo posted:

Well, I managed to catch up with WL4 difficulty, with WL5 just 2 AR away. Generally speaking, what gives the most bang for my buck in terms of investing in characters? Leveling up the carry, the supports, their weapons, their talents? What should I be prioritizing, since by the time I get a team of four - or heck, just 1 or 2 - fully powered up, I'll be in WL5. Also, what's a good target for my artifact level? I enhanced everything on my carry to level 8 and I really felt the improvement right away. (To clarify - my whole team is 60 or 50 out of 70, their weapons are level 50 or 40, they all have 2-3 levels on their talents... so I haven't neglected anything, just looking to see what is best to fully max out first).

Also - I'm actively using both fischl and xiangling, and I only have enough for one of their constellations from the shop. What's better, Fischl c4 or Xiangling c3?

Most important is maxing your carry's weapon. You get way more damage from leveling weapons than from leveling characters.
Then get carry to 60/70 and start maxing out talent levels and upgrading artifacts. Try to get +16 on an elemental-damage goblet first since that's the most impactful artifact for most characters. Going +16 to +20 is as much xp as from +0 to +16 so you should generally avoid +20 poo poo until way later.

Beyond level 60, levels aren't worth as much as artifacts, so don't level your carry beyond 60 until you get a set of +16 artifacts. (At this point, how good your artifacts are determines like 90% of your damage)
The most important thing you get from levels beyond 70 is uncapped talent levels, so don't level your carry unless you have the talent level-up mats for the next levels. Some only drop from weekly bosses.

Different characters unlock different passives from hitting 60/70 so depending on who your supports are it can definitely be worth it for your team to do some of them first before grinding all your carry's artifacts to +16.

Then at some point you go through the same whole song-and-dance for all your supports.
The same sort of priorities mostly apply, although you want to keep them a few steps behind your carry in that list. Some characters like Barbara don't care about weapons though.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 2, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Fish’s C6 is legit and worth it NOW imo.

It could be months before you pulled one (or probably tomorrow if you buy it today lol).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

xedo posted:

not a heavy Xiangling/Fischl user, but Xiangling's C3 giving her a nice boost in burst damage while putting her on the cusp of an excellent C4 seems more appealing than Fischl C4 tacking some effects onto her burst that is more used to reset Oz CD than for its damage. it also only puts her in close range of C5, which is another burst upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

dogsicle posted:

not a heavy Xiangling/Fischl user, but Xiangling's C3 giving her a nice boost in burst damage while putting her on the cusp of an excellent C4 seems more appealing than Fischl C4 tacking some effects onto her burst that is more used to reset Oz CD than for its damage. it also only puts her in close range of C5, which is another burst upgrade.

Yeah but it gets you closer to Fish c6 which is the real bee's knees.