Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Just seen the card for Christmas Day Gatoh Move

Tag Team Match (20 Min Time Limit)
Obihiro Sayaka & Emi Sakura VS Chie Kishikawa & Chris Brookes

Chie and Chris is a very long limbed tag team. It'll be interesting to see how Chris's usually laconic Chocopro appearances match with Chie's exuberance.

forkboy84 posted:

Christmas Death Match (20 Min Time Limit)
Lulupencil VS Antonio Honda

Death matches suit Lulu's strengths well but against Anotonio Honda, I suspect this going to be a very weird comedy match. I wonder if Gon will become involved in Lulu's bar fight spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
YMZ has fully embraced the Gatoh Move model and is streaming live now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUjxTot1tI

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Awesome, will check them out.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

YMZ has fully embraced the Gatoh Move model and is streaming live now:

I saw that this morning in my YouTube box and was wondering, cool to see this is a show and not just dojo footage which is how I interpreted it in passing. I'll definitely check it out at some point this weekend.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Boy am I glad Gatoh Move are here today because it's either watch this or sit as my dad watches Grateful Dead videos on Youtube.

Chris Brookes has a relatable energy level.

And he's made another hole in the ceiling.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 25, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't believe Chris Brookes and Chie are stole their tactics from the battle of Hoth.

edit: Chris Brooks is the worst older brother.

and here is the star of the show.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 25, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Holy gently caress did I not expect that twist in the Christmas Death Match.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RINRIN IS BACK

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I watched Chie's Karouken debut and as much as I love her in Choco Pro, the tag match didn't manage to show off what makes her special. The running around in a circle spot didn't really work on a hardcam and she didn't use any fencing strikes. Probably didn't help that the crowd was cold on her.

Mei on the other hand looked like a super star and the whole match was structured to give her a showcase.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
A reminder that there's a string of Gatoh Move shows airing at 10 am JST over the New Year's period (30, 31st, and 1st).
The first is today in about 5 hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugY7GLRG64

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Very few people watched Best Bros vs Reset for obvious reasons, but I am here to tell you that you need to go back and watch the VOD

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lol did Gatoh Move go head to head with Ribbonmania? That heat runs deep

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I believe they ran early and finished before Ribbonmania started but I could be wrong.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They went head to head with AEW.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The 5-way between Emi, Choun, Honda, Obi, and RinRin needs to be 2021's first MOTYC

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Minoru Fujita is wearing full Pencil Army gear! Lulu has a (very ordinary, thin, leather) belt!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
ChocoPro just wished the United States happy new year (based on the only correct time zone)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Akki wins the MVP Sakura Award.

Best bout: Yunamon Vs. Minoru Fujita (Chocopro #11): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fanLxyt_Il8

Mei wins Face of Choco Pro.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 1, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

New Year Death Match from today's show early contender for match of 2021. Just sheer joy watching either very hungover or very tired Emi Sakura & Antonio Honda losing his mind over a mandarin. Exactly what you want.

Akki howling with laughter just makes it so much better.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Thirding the New Year's Deathmatch as MOTYC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Minoru Fujita is wearing full Pencil Army gear! Lulu has a (very ordinary, thin, leather) belt!

I nearly cried when she saw Minoru taking off his Big Japan belt & decided to take off her own belt in solidarity. God drat Gatoh Move is pitch perfect sometimes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I flit in & out on Gatoh Move but gotta say that they've started this year with a bang with the show yesterday & now tomorrow's show is confirmed to have Emi Sakura vs Minoru Fujita singles match!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/wEzRfpAtbfO0qe7/status/1345380972003377152?s=20

Click through for wholesomeness

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Also our perfect deathmatch boy lost his title last night so Emi sees this as her best shot to beat him and booked the match for tonight at 8 PM EST

edit: GTMV's third MOTYC of the year, 3 days into 2021

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 3, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This fiveway is like a fever dream, what the gently caress

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That dive onto the stools is legit the craziest spot I’ve seen today and I just watched Naito vs Ibushi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

That dive onto the stools is legit the craziest spot I’ve seen today and I just watched Naito vs Ibushi

It was loving mental. You can sort of see why Emi was maybe a little mad at Fujita, that was a lot of broken stools.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lulu Pencil's GOTY list is up. Number one is The Last of Us II

https://twitter.com/IGNJapan/status/1346378110921392128?s=19

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

her list is wack

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i don't care for it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's a decent list but I don't know what 3, 6 or 7 are (I think 7 is Trials of Mana but I'm not sure).

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

It's a decent list but I don't know what 3, 6 or 7 are (I think 7 is Trials of Mana but I'm not sure).

I think that's the new animal crossing, Brigandine: Legend of Runersia, and Trials of Mana

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Man remember when ChocoPro #1 had Minoru Suzuki. 2020 was wild

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Please watch the latest Chocopro (going on as of this posting) where the main event is Mei Suruga vs Hagane and dare to keep Mei off of your top wrestlers of the year ballots, coward ___(insert your favorite promotion)___ -ures.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Make sure that Mei/Hagane match gets onto the MOTY list, holy poo poo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hagane Shinnou is a dude who I literally can't understand why he isn't in a major promotion. Handsome guy like that who can work the way he does.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is the character he displays on ChocoPro how he normally is, because he seems like a loner/standoffish and maybe that wouldn't vibe with the promotions in Japan?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He's a 20 year veteran that has spent the last 6 years working with Emi while doing whatever other projects he's doing. I know he's part of MAKAI.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=3792&page=20

Like, he's not a full time wrestler by any stretch and hasn't been since 2013, so I assume the reason is just "wrestling in Emi-adjacent shows is fun"

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

The angle on that last michinoku driver :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It seems like they are kinda turning BestBros as they get more and more bratty and arrogant as champions.

It's like the belts are corrupting them like the One Ring

Yunamon got the pin in the big six-man, which enraged Mei and Akki (who wanted it for selfish reasons.) Yunamon then challenged them for the belts at ShinKiba, and faked out Fujita to select Chris Brookes as her partner.