Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

a Loving Dog posted:

always fun to see who gets real mad about taibbi and greenwald. a rare treat in lovely times

this is the guy:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mcrispinmiller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
This was the guy who was just on Red Scare, he has tenure so he's not even fired and is a total crank. Do they talk about him being anti-vaxx, saying the election was 100% stolen, and saying Soros and Sprite are brainwashing children to be trans on this show, if anyone listened to it? Or do they just have him spin his story about being a persecuted professor caught in an unfair misjudgement by zoomer brats?
NYU profs just love sueing people for libel (allegendly to this whole post).
https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/deplorable-nyu-professor-sues-colleagues-for-defamation/

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im anti greenwald on the basis of who his supporters are. he is the joe biden of posting

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Not sure Taibbi deserves his own thread like Glenn does

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
being anti greenwald because of his supporters is some of the smallest brain poo poo in the world when you look at who hates him

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

McCrispin

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

a Loving Dog posted:

being anti greenwald because of his supporters is some of the smallest brain poo poo in the world when you look at who hates him

im sure your waifu is hated by many, yes.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol congratulations you and the fascists of Brazil + American security state should throw a huge party

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the biggest morons on this forum hate Glenn as well, his record remains unblemished

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

glenn greenwald is the virgil of journalism

THS
Sep 15, 2017

T-man posted:

glenn greenwald is the virgil of journalism

yes, he’s incredibly good and a powerful poster

THS
Sep 15, 2017

honestly tho it reflects poor judgement on taibbi’s part to cohost a show with katie halper

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Halper was one of the few people not on the right who was willing to interview Juanita Broaddrick and Lucy Flores and give them a voice

Much respect

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Paffgen posted:

This was the guy who was just on Red Scare, he has tenure so he's not even fired and is a total crank. Do they talk about him being anti-vaxx, saying the election was 100% stolen, and saying Soros and Sprite are brainwashing children to be trans on this show, if anyone listened to it? Or do they just have him spin his story about being a persecuted professor caught in an unfair misjudgement by zoomer brats?
NYU profs just love sueing people for libel (allegendly to this whole post).
https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/deplorable-nyu-professor-sues-colleagues-for-defamation/

He ties to spin it as the student being a dupe for vindictive department colleagues and administrators. The problem is the longer he talks, the more crank views slip out and after half an hour it becomes clear that he's a chronic libertarian contrarian who's a massive pain in the rear end to the administration and the anti-mask poo poo is the straw that broke the camels back.

He's right that tenure is a doomed institution, but he's way too up his own rear end to have an objective conversation about that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

a Loving Dog posted:

lol congratulations you and the fascists of Brazil + American security state should throw a huge party

This does not seem like a proportional response to "Taibbi had a bad guest on his latest episode"

Nothus posted:

loving lol at Taibbi having some right wing crank NYU professor on Useful Idiots to whine about cancel culture.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

sucking and loving the cia all day erryday

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Nothus posted:

He ties to spin it as the student being a dupe for vindictive department colleagues and administrators. The problem is the longer he talks, the more crank views slip out and after half an hour it becomes clear that he's a chronic libertarian contrarian who's a massive pain in the rear end to the administration and the anti-mask poo poo is the straw that broke the camels back.

He's right that tenure is a doomed institution, but he's way too up his own rear end to have an objective conversation about that.

Dude is the free speech man who loves throwing around defamation suits.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

always fun to see who gets real mad about taibbi and greenwald. a rare treat in lovely times

taibbi is genuinely pivoting towards the intellectual dork web though and threw mark ames under the bus. the libs who make a special point of hating him for his russiagate skepticism are my mortal enemies though

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

Halper was one of the few people not on the right who was willing to interview Juanita Broaddrick and Lucy Flores and give them a voice

Much respect

katie is unabashedly good

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

grubstakers is good too, good concept and nice interplay twixt the hosts

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I wonder how much longer Halper will stay on the show.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gh0stpinballa posted:

more free episodes :'(

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nothus posted:

loving lol at Taibbi having some right wing crank NYU professor on Useful Idiots to whine about cancel culture.

at least when Mark Ames goes full crank it's novel. Like the government creating Lyme disease or sending his baby to a chiropractor.

I fell for the Lyme disease thing for like a month.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think Katie Halper's heart is in the right place and I like her. I don't think she's super smart though. She seems to agree with everyone she has on no matter what dumb poo poo they say.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Taibbi sucks now. Glenn is still mostly right, but is an rear end in a top hat lib

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

glenn greenwald ftw

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Atrocious Joe posted:

at least when Mark Ames goes full crank it's novel. Like the government creating Lyme disease or sending his baby to a chiropractor.

That whole thing was incredibly funny because he had the one open where he was talking about going camping in upstate NY and worried about ticks and then did like two episodes on Tick Gladio

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Nothus posted:

I thought I had accidently downloaded a kunstlercast episode

Aww now I'm depressed

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

glenn greenwald feet pics, $20/per pm me for details

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone as old as me remember when Glenn was running around the daily beast writing about what an awesome decision Citizen United was? He's always been like 50% good, 50% poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mcmagic posted:

Anyone as old as me remember when Glenn was running around the daily beast writing about what an awesome decision Citizen United was? He's always been like 50% good, 50% poo poo.

It is because he is a libertarian

https://www.salon.com/2010/01/22/citizens_united/

Lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

it's quietly a good podcast and always a good listen

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

T-man posted:

more free episodes :'(

yeah part 1 of the disney series had me intrigued then the other 2 are paywalled, wth. altho i guess we all gotta make a living.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Victory Position posted:

it's quietly a good podcast and always a good listen

agreed. the guy sean went on the kantbot pod to talk JFK and such, also very good. the guy sean is a decent follow on twitter too.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

i thought he just said they tried to weaponise lyme disease in ticks, which they absolutely did.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

gh0stpinballa posted:

yeah part 1 of the disney series had me intrigued then the other 2 are paywalled, wth. altho i guess we all gotta make a living.

i'm looking forward to another year of ghost stories for the end of the world. happy new years from america, ghostpinballa

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I'm also quite skeptical of the apocalyptic claims about how this decision will radically transform and subvert our democracy by empowering corporate control over the political process. My skepticism is due to one principal fact: I really don't see how things can get much worse in that regard. The reality is that our political institutions are already completely beholden to and controlled by large corporate interests (Dick Durbin: "banks own" the Congress). Corporations find endless ways to circumvent current restrictions -- their armies of PACs, lobbyists, media control, and revolving-door rewards flood Washington and currently ensure their stranglehold -- and while this decision will make things marginally worse, I can't imagine how it could worsen fundamentally. All of the hand-wringing sounds to me like someone expressing serious worry that a new law in North Korea will make the country more tyrannical. There's not much room for our corporatist political system to get more corporatist. Does anyone believe that the ability of corporations to influence our political process was meaningfully limited before yesterday's issuance of this ruling?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Glenn is actually 75% poo poo.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mcmagic posted:

Glenn is actually 75% poo poo.

we already said he's a libertarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Finicums Wake posted:

i'm looking forward to another year of ghost stories for the end of the world. happy new years from america, ghostpinballa

happy new year mate :)