Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Squinty posted:

Miso ramen w/ chili garlic oil. The noodles got buried in the picture but holy poo poo fresh homemade noodles are amazing.

I just made some ramen with a nice soft egg in it as well. But the eggs I used were a little different...

So I found these at the Asian Market and I had try them. Wouldn’t buy them again. The white (black) has a bit of a fishy smell and taste. The yolk takes on a pretty strong ammonia flavor. The texture is actually really good, like a medium boiled egg. However because medium boiled eggs don’t have the gross ammonia flavor, I see no need to buy anymore black century eggs in the future. Glad I tried them, but this will probably be it for me.

I did end up adding one to ramen and it was actually pretty good. The ammonia taste wasn’t as strong. Still, I’ll probably just stick to regular eggs from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crystalgemini
Nov 8, 2020
Crossposting from the smoked meats thread.

Smoked a 2-1/4" porterhouse and 1" pork chops day after Christmas. Just steamed the lobster tail.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

horchata posted:

Used the leftovers from my trendy food from yesterday to make more trendy food. Birria ramen with Sun ramen noodles. Egg was old and over-marinated but otherwise pretty good.

gently caress me up

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Squinty posted:

Miso ramen w/ chili garlic oil. The noodles got buried in the picture but holy poo poo fresh homemade noodles are amazing.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I did end up adding one to ramen and it was actually pretty good. The ammonia taste wasn’t as strong. Still, I’ll probably just stick to regular eggs from now on.

horchata posted:

Used the leftovers from my trendy food from yesterday to make more trendy food. Birria ramen with Sun ramen noodles. Egg was old and over-marinated but otherwise pretty good.

Does ramen have something to do with New Years Day or do y'all just really like ramen? I'm over here eating black eyed peas and collard greens like a simpleton.

The ramen all looks fantastic though.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
steakhouse at home for New Year's Eve- flat iron, Caesar, baked potato

cassoulet for New Year's Day

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Starting off the new year with chourico and potato tacos.these were seriously good. Extremely tempted to just mix it up with some eggs tomorrow morning.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Quiche

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Sloppy joes

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
Had some smoked salmon from Christmas, when I smoked some salmon.

Made a smoked salmon pizza. Cooking the dough with olive oil and the red onion, then spread on cream cheese, added the smoked salmon, capers and caviar.

Also made a smoked salmon sandwich. Same toppings but with cucumber.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Croxetti with pork ragu, focaccia, kale salad with pomegranate molasses

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

toplitzin posted:

Sloppy joes

gently caress sloppy joes forever, just give me some chili like you've got on your plate. I've never understood the fascination with messy food stuff so yeah, just put the food on the plate and let me eat it without making me worry about it all staying in a bun. I feel the same about crunchy tacos. Just let me eat my food quickly and efficiently! It doesn't need to be made unnecessarily difficult!

edit: oh poo poo, are there tortillas under your sloppy joe stuff? goddamnit just use a fork!

double edit: on the other hand, you do you. Nobody is force feeding me sloppy joes or hard shell tacos so I won't begrudge you your delicious looking meal.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 3, 2021

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

gently caress sloppy joes forever, just give me some chili like you've got on your plate. I've never understood the fascination with messy food stuff so yeah, just put the food on the plate and let me eat it without making me worry about it all staying in a bun. I feel the same about crunchy tacos. Just let me eat my food quickly and efficiently! It doesn't need to be made unnecessarily difficult!

edit: oh poo poo, are there tortillas under your sloppy joe stuff? goddamnit just use a fork!

double edit: on the other hand, you do you. Nobody is force feeding me sloppy joes or hard shell tacos so I won't begrudge you your delicious looking meal.

I put sloppy joe on fried eggs and eat it with a spoon. I feel like you should know about it.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

Weird flex but ok.

Edit: open faced buns, toasted, with mayo.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 3, 2021

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Had some smoked salmon from Christmas, when I smoked some salmon.

Made a smoked salmon pizza. Cooking the dough with olive oil and the red onion, then spread on cream cheese, added the smoked salmon, capers and caviar.

Also made a smoked salmon sandwich. Same toppings but with cucumber.

I would do the same thing. These look great.

Is there a happy medium between the cheap lumpfish caviar and the expensive stuff like sturgeon? I personally buy the lumpfish caviar, and I’ve never sprang for anything more expensive.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I did Kenji's stuffing waffles with the sage & sausage stuffing they suggest, with a couple of poached eggs. I'd done them for a christmas meal and liked it so much that I cooked up a big batch of it just for this purpose, some easy weekday lunches.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

A coworker gave me a bag of bitter oranges, and when life gives you bitter oranges, you make mojo

And now to wait while this chills in the fridge for a week or two

I marinated a pork shoulder overnight last night and just stuffed it with a bunch of garlic cloves and covered it in onions and more marinade

And now for the hard part: waiting 5 hours

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

lol

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
I honestly prefer to eat a sloppy joe with a knife and fork like some doomed congressional candidate at a state fair

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm with this guy. I hate getting food all over my hands and I hate when things fall out of the bun/tortilla/taco/whatever. Either give me some structure, like a properly wrapped burrito, or give me a fork.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Inspector 34 posted:

Messy food rant

Username/post combo. He's just being extremely on brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIPr64-C44o

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

fart store posted:

I honestly prefer to eat a sloppy joe with a knife and fork like some doomed congressional candidate at a state fair

I don’t mind eating sloppy food solo, but I’m not doing it in company.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

You need to keep worse company :v:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I like mine EXTRA sloppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QwNBqHbyc

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

I marinated a pork shoulder overnight last night and just stuffed it with a bunch of garlic cloves and covered it in onions and more marinade

And now for the hard part: waiting 5 hours

it was very good!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Swedish classic. Janssons Frestelse

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

Swedish classic. Janssons Frestelse

Looks great!

*looks up what a sprat is*

... hope you enjoy it. :)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

First attempt at chicken cacciatore last night. Served it over some polenta. Very delicious. Would make again :thumbsup:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

McCracAttack posted:

Looks great!

*looks up what a sprat is*

... hope you enjoy it. :)

As someone who doesn't like fish, it's one of the few fish dishes I do like. Those fake anchovies (what they're called here) just melt away into the casserole and leave a nice taste.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
I love mustard and mayonnaise on my sloppy joes (and I mean home made), does that make me completely wrong?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Chicken parm with side salad and homemade garlic-herb dinner rolls. I need to make more of all of this.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Gimme dat roll recipe!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

atothesquiz posted:

Gimme dat roll recipe!

Here's the recipe. I added a couple tablespoons of a garlic and herb mix I got from Costco a while back, which really helped as it has some salt in it and the recipe definitely needs more salt than the 1 tsp it calls for. I also did an egg wash prior to baking for that glorious shine.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
diced up leftover lechon turned into some sort of a bastardized char siu for fried rice

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

His Divine Shadow posted:

As someone who doesn't like fish, it's one of the few fish dishes I do like. Those fake anchovies (what they're called here) just melt away into the casserole and leave a nice taste.

I've been making this with the "anchovies" you can find in the US for years, but this last Christmas I managed to get a couple of tins of the real stuff (Grebbestads ansjovis) and while not a HUGE difference, it definitely got "fishier" than what I've been used to recently. I don't really know which one I prefer, I think the US anchovies in a can are saltier and end up tasting less fishy, but I really enjoyed the latest version too.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
First time making sandwich bread

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
That’s some good looking sandwich bread

Karenina
Jul 10, 2013

baked some trout with lemon and dill

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Kabocha gnocchi.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Okay so this is my fav one pan steak recipe w/ veggies.
Steak, 4 new potatoes, 1 squash, .5 cup peas, .5 cup parsley, 3 cloves minced garlic, .5 cup parsley, 3 green onions, red wine vinegar.

Sauce: Mix up the parsley, a third of the green onions, a third of the garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil.
Steak: Season and cook the steak in the cast iron to your liking, let it rest.
Veg: Hot simmer the potatoes in the fond for three minutes then add squash for three more. Add remaining peas and garlic.

Super good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Made eggdrop soup, and some dumplings out of rice paper.