Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

i thought he just said they tried to weaponise lyme disease in ticks, which they absolutely did.

it's been a while since I listened, but the implication from the guest was that there some ongoing coverup about the actual mechanism of how lyme disease impacts people

but yeah, the US has done a ton of biological warfare across the world that never gets acknowledged domestically. disagreeing about whether the US weaponized lyme disease specifically is quibbling about the details of a massive biological warfare program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

honestly tho it reflects poor judgement on taibbi’s part to cohost a show with katie halper

Why, because her presence really highlights what a useless gently caress he is?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
taibbi is extremely gen x-brained

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

they gave us nirvana and fight club they weren't all bad at one time guys.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

these gen-x guys really need to fix their heads and get with the 2020 discourse ffs. also check out this meme of a skeleton on a skateboard saying “ACAB MEANS ALL COPS” it’s fuckin dope

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

it's been a while since I listened, but the implication from the guest was that there some ongoing coverup about the actual mechanism of how lyme disease impacts people

but yeah, the US has done a ton of biological warfare across the world that never gets acknowledged domestically. disagreeing about whether the US weaponized lyme disease specifically is quibbling about the details of a massive biological warfare program.

weird way to sidestep the actual topic lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmfao

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Slanderer posted:

weird way to sidestep the actual topic lmao

Lmao, way to sidestep the actual topic at hand. Way to work your way around what we're discussing here, lmfao. Nice job of avoiding thetopic of discussion here. Lol, good job stepping around what's being discussed here, topics wise

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

gh0stpinballa posted:

They also took nirvana away so who's to say, really.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

podcasting is fun

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
nirvana always fuckin sucked

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The_Rob posted:

nirvana always fuckin sucked

the lead singer from Sunny Day Real Estate gives a slight glance at what would have been an evangelical Kurt Cobain, clean and ready to preach the word of God

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

Nirvana sucks real bad, they stole a bunch of songs from killing joke and somehow made them more boring. Their only good album at all was Bleach and that's the one nobody gives a gently caress about. Gen X can go get lost at sea

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tbf that killing joke song they ripped off was itself ripped off from the damned

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
like every other seattle band and pretty much every other loud guitar band in the 90s they owe more to side b of black flag's my war than anything else

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Algund Eenboom posted:

Lmao, way to sidestep the actual topic at hand. Way to work your way around what we're discussing here, lmfao. Nice job of avoiding thetopic of discussion here. Lol, good job stepping around what's being discussed here, topics wise

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

like every other seattle band and pretty much every other loud guitar band in the 90s they owe more to side b of black flag's my war than anything else

do we not, all of us, in a way, owe everything we are to black flag

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

if all you can post about is demon cracker amerikka your brain is full of dust

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

black flag is the cyberpunk 2077 of music

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

extremely fast paced, good fun, portrays a nightmare vision of the future, only nerds are mad at it

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Victory Position posted:

the lead singer from Sunny Day Real Estate gives a slight glance at what would have been an evangelical Kurt Cobain, clean and ready to preach the word of God

SDRE whips even if jeremy is a born-again

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

extremely fast paced, good fun, portrays a nightmare vision of the future, only nerds are mad at it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Crane Fist posted:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

and yet you claim to dislike anarchism despite liking our band. curious

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
podcasts

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

comic books

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

lumpentroll posted:

comic books

manga

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
manga's good. anime too

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chapos year in review was good, even if I disagree with them about the voting for M4A, after that it was a good run shoot'em odd the dumbest poo poo of the year

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3S-IuxseAI

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
killing joke is GOAT (game of the year)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomradeX posted:

Chapos year in review was good, even if I disagree with them about the voting for M4A, after that it was a good run shoot'em odd the dumbest poo poo of the year

they have good healthcare and you don't. there's no war but class war. grow a loving backbone.

https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebels/cia-media-spooks-bellingcat

good poo poo.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

thotsky posted:

killing joke is GOAT (game of the year)

Game Of A year (This one)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/katzenbrau/status/1345145955356725248

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
krystal ball has always sucked and I really wish leftists would stop giving Marianne Williamson the time of day

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pirate Jet posted:

krystal ball has always sucked and I really wish leftists would stop giving Marianne Williamson the time of day

+2

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

sounds like you need more meditation, friend

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's extremely silly to get mad about stealing guitar riffs. they all do it and have done since the first black guy played a blues song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3ALvb16EE

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Jet posted:

sounds like you've got some issues with women you need to work on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pirate Jet posted:

+1