Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I am orbiting the station in a sub cap fleet and there are 2.5k in system. There is a circle of Titan's under the station that look like a crown of thorns.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Papi come out and play with our 580+ titans currently on the M2 KS grid~

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
This is why I am forever in no chatter

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Livin' that no chatter life to its fullest. At least none of the bads are in command comms today.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
so apparently one bonus to having your titan fleet not trapped logged off for days is that you can change all their guns to short range and then sit them in a donut surrounding the location of the entire logged off fleet

that donut is beautiful

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Rate my parking job:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

notaspy posted:

Can someone explain burst jamming to me?

What I understand it causes the bad guys to lose their lock and thus have to relock.

This means a lose of dps and is loving annoying.

Does it do any form of damage? Apart from psychological?

In EVE, all damage is fundamentally psychological. Congratulations, you're all veterans of a thousand psychic wars.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Stereotype posted:

so apparently one bonus to having your titan fleet not trapped logged off for days is that you can change all their guns to short range and then sit them in a donut surrounding the location of the entire logged off fleet

OMG. It's a firing squad.

They won't come will they.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Pain of Mind posted:

Reading this stuff makes me want to play, but I assume once I install the game I will realize why I don't.

That's what I expected when I resubbed but to my surprise the game is actually fun now.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
everyone keeps saying this game isn't fun but i've been having lots of fun

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Titan murder makes me turgid

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I have a flight today otherwise I would be there. Good luck goons! Kill all the bads!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Stereotype posted:

that donut is beautiful

post pics of the sexy donut

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Stereotype posted:

everyone keeps saying this game isn't fun but i've been having lots of fun

Congratulations, you chose to join in the one fun time in the last like four years

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is my first big multi fleet op, the enemy is mostly not on grid, and nobody is shooting, and already I have like 20fps. does anybody actually like this lol. i think im gonna stick to solo explo and small gang bullshit forever at this rate

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Go into potato mode? Graphics optimised to memory, no effects, no audio, ctrl-shift-f9.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kesper North posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Private Speech posted:

Go into potato mode? Graphics optimised to memory, no effects, no audio, ctrl-shift-f9.

I have a 960 so I did all that. well not the no brackets yet. but either way i just have a pos

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Larry Parrish posted:

I have a 960 so I did all that. well not the no brackets yet. but either way i just have a pos

turning off brackets is huge, which sucks because it makes it hard to figure out what is going on.

these fights are the least "fun" i've had tbh, you basically can't do or see anything, but the scale and epicness of them makes them fun.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i have a 5600x and a 3700 and i can run 10 clients at ~2 fps which is enough for 0.25 APM

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Kesper North posted:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

wow, that's actually way cooler than what i imagined! thanks!

edit: my god they are so hosed lmfao

Malefitz posted:

This is a giant space :goatsecx:

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

This is a giant space :goatsecx:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

:shobon: :shobon: :getin:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
That is the sexiest loving murderdonut I've ever seen

I so hope the centre of that is in boson range

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Olpainless posted:

That is the sexiest loving murderdonut I've ever seen

I so hope the centre of that is in boson range

How many Boson would be required to kill a titan?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

What is hyperjamming, what ship and do you need a booster

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Here's my semi-potato-mode screenshot:

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

supersnowman posted:

Less than the number of titans in that picture, I'm fairly sure.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

supersnowman posted:

It depends how much CCP gently caress up

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

This is a perfect storm for a big fight: we have a massive positioning advantage now, but that shifts to them if they kill the Keepstar and then hold the field.

They'd pass for sure if it weren't a hull timer, no reason to force the extraction now when you can wait for us to get bored. But with the hull timer...

Basically our giant ring of titans is Vily/PGL bait.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Comstar posted:

What is hyperjamming, what ship and do you need a booster

it'll be revealed after, and no we gucci

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

notaspy posted:

Can someone explain burst jamming to me?

What I understand it causes the bad guys to lose their lock and thus have to relock.

This means a lose of dps and is loving annoying.

Does it do any form of damage? Apart from psychological?

If 100 subcaps fire their long-range guns in a fight like this, they TECHNICALLY do damage, but effectively do none. The buffers of every other ship are so large, and the ships so plentiful, that the subs wouldn't inflict significant hurt before downtime. Instead, subcapital contribution comes in a few forms:

1. Prevent capitals from doing damage
-> interrupt locks
-> kill fighters
-> bump targeted caps (probably not at this scale)

2. Prevent capitals from escaping
-> drop bubbles
-> HICs
-> deploy bubbles
-> nuke caps

3. Prevent positioning and logistics
-> Interdict warpins/warpouts, so that some people land on the wrong place on grid, or that half the enemy fleet gets caught while warping out (so only half lands/they land in a trickle)
-> Grab stragglers/caps/anything flying about
-> Tickle any objective that needs tickling

4. Save your friendly caps
-> Kill bubbles
-> kill HICs
-> maintain clear escapes

The short of it is, subcaps matter, because they do all the things that caps are too slow and clunky for. But damage in the main engagement is rarely one of those things. Disrupting locks is enormously helpful, because particularly in the age of dual-tanking, supercaps locks take a while - a single lock-break prevents more damage than hundreds of subcaps could do in a reasonable time.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
even if a single boson shot didn't kill them all i'm pretty sure all of those titans are fitted with very high dps short range weapons, not to mention the conventional doomsdays. not to mention the thousands of subcaps and the keepstar right loving there. not to mention that there are 149 anchored bubbles and entire fleet of dictors waiting to keep them inside the donut

if they log back in right now they will lose every single ship

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they both have to, and shouldn't log in

it's a really bad position to be in for them

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's almost like they made a catastrophic war-ending mistake a few days ago and they are just now starting to realize how much they hosed up

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I am ready to give so many BJs...

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
What if they just don't log back in today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Shyfted One posted:

What if they just don't log back in today?

Then the Keepstar repairs and theyre trapped in a hellcamp