Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Olpainless posted:

Then the Keepstar repairs and theyre trapped in a hellcamp

Most of them would be able to get out eventually, but it will be demoralizing and horrible and halt all war progress. They absolutely don't want that... we've given them some terrible choices to make.

My IRL Test friend says no chance they back down, so I'm still doing my stretches and prepping my caffeine schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

turning off brackets is huge, which sucks because it makes it hard to figure out what is going on.

these fights are the least "fun" i've had tbh, you basically can't do or see anything, but the scale and epicness of them makes them fun.

well at least ive learned that theres no reason for me to ever train fleet capitals

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Shyfted One posted:

What if they just don't log back in today?

Then it goes the way most of these go: The defender sets up permanent camp and moves their logistics in places, entrenches themselves and becomes less at risk over time (Keep can't explode anymore). A few people will maybe mess up and login, keeping morale high in the bubble trap (There is a mortifyingly apt pre-cultural revolution term for this setup). The losing side has to forgo the ability to project most of its power, and simply run interference elsewhere until they think they have the numbers and attention advantage to extract.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

What if they just don't log back in today?

The Keepstar would repair and they lose the progress they gained a few night ago so the loss of 100+ titans would then become a dry loss.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
How much time does the keepstar need to repair, ie for how long must the donut resist getting bored if the enemy doesn't show up?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Chev posted:

How much time does the keepstar need to repair, ie for how long must the donut resist getting bored if the enemy doesn't show up?

3 hours and 30 minutes for it to start repairing, then 15 minutes (all times in real time).

If they don't manage to kill the keep, then they lose 40% of their entire titan fleet. If they do log in and try to kill the keep, they lose 40% of their entire titan fleet.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Chev posted:

Fifteen minutes of real time. Time dilation doesn't affect it. Their window is tiny.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Whoa

I guess I expected something of a different scale entirely.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Chev posted:

Whoa

yeah that part always gets me. the previous record-breaking keepstar anchoring fight (this one will smash that record) was also a 15 minute real-time timer. it seems so incredibly short when the fight ends up lasting 14 hours and it takes 5 minutes for any commands to go through. 15 minutes is just really not a lot of time.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Aesculus posted:

If they don't manage to kill the keep, then they lose 40% of their entire titan fleet.

Is this actually true though? they can come back later...

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I'm Gay Hail Satan.

I feel so much joy over nothing right now. I'm gonna go get really high.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Chev posted:

Whoa

From someone who has observed EVE for a long time; While (some) strategic objectives last a short time large scale battles tend to last until downtime with few exceptions. Once the rocket launches it brakes for nobody, and mid fight retreating seems to be a difficult operation at best.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
am i the only person who thinks its kind of stupid that there's still stuff (timers etc) that aren't affected by tidi

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Larry Parrish posted:

am i the only person who thinks its kind of stupid that there's still stuff (timers etc) that aren't affected by tidi

I think everyone thinks it's dumb, but CCP are, well, CCP.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Can enemy supers jump into m2?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Yeah there’s no cyno jammer lmao

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Aesculus posted:

3 hours and 30 minutes for it to start repairing, then 15 minutes (all times in real time).

If they don't manage to kill the keep, then they lose 40% of their entire titan fleet. If they do log in and try to kill the keep, they lose 40% of their entire titan fleet.

Is it public when that 15 minute repair window is happening? Definitely going to block off some time to watch that window.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kestral posted:

Is it public when that 15 minute repair window is happening? Definitely going to block off some time to watch that window.

2hrs 55 minutes from now it starts repairing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Can enemy supers jump into m2?

yeah, but a significant chunk of the pilots capable of piloting those supers are trapped under our guns if they try to log in.

they hosed up HARD

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

This was has gone on so long now that since coming back I've learned and forgotten how to safely travel in nullsec multiple times.

I just lost an interceptor to a completely avoidable smartbombing, like a CHUMP.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I'm so excited rn.

These fuckers better show or do something stupid crazy like assault 1dq.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kestral posted:

Yeah it isn't hidddn, but i think you have to be on grid with whatever is reinforced to know what the timer is. you can't get it through the api

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
This one is still my favorite:

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rudeboy Detective posted:

This was has gone on so long now that since coming back I've learned and forgotten how to safely travel in nullsec multiple times.

I just lost an interceptor to a completely avoidable smartbombing, like a CHUMP.

:same:

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

I am not even subbed but this thread is giving me a rock hard boner.

Half of those donut titans better be boson fit.

Vengeance.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

supersnowman posted:

How many Boson would be required to kill a titan?

bosons in a perfect world do what, like 80% of a normal doomsday spread over 20s with 1/4 to each damage type so you need 25% more in perfect conditions and probably up it to 50% just to be safe or hell even double, if the bosons kill 2 titans its even with normal dds

downside is the very short range and relying on player aiming and possibility of server eating poo poo and losing you a cycle of dds

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

There are so many nerds in the system already, they may pass because trying to jump or log in enough dudes would be pointless - just watching black screens and server crashes.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

bosons in a perfect world do what, like 80% of a normal doomsday spread over 20s with 1/4 to each damage type so you need 25% more in perfect conditions and probably up it to 50% just to be safe or hell even double, if the bosons kill 2 titans its even with normal dds

downside is the very short range and relying on player aiming and possibility of server eating poo poo and losing you a cycle of dds

yeah normally it is hard to get that close to an enemy super/titan blob. it would be bad if the enemy knew exactly where that blob was

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

But if you have 100 though

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Titanse

Finally we have been stretched to the point of opening our secret weapon.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

KerenskyWhite posted:

Titanse

Finally we have been stretched to the point of opening our secret weapon.

:five:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Stereotype posted:

a tengu is a pretty advanced ship, it's a t3 strategic cruiser, and we fly a LOT of minmitar subcaps. you still have like 13 hours left to catch this fight, and then the real fun begins once all the bads start frantically retreating after we massacre their supercap fleet today

Well, I gave in and figured out my login and password and got in game. Apparently I am in a covops but I cannot cloak because that takes a premium account, along with almost all of the skills I maxed and ships I have. I have a bunch of battleships and various ships in 2R-CRW and VFK-IV (though they only come up in search, they look packaged for some reason), but I am guessing that does not help much anymore. I am so far from figuring out what to do and how to play I think I am going to call it quits here. When I quit for a few years and came back last time I was able to jump in and play, but I guess this ~ 10 year gap introduced too much stuff where I do not have the time or interest to relearn everything. I have about 13 bil in assets, which while I realize is not that much if it would help I could transfer it to the corp if there is a mechanism to do that (can you ship packaged ships?).

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
6.5k PASSPI logged in in T5Z, 4.5k on grid in M2, this is going to crash the server

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

6.5k PASSPI logged in in T5Z, 4.5k on grid in M2, this is going to crash the server

Yea, I dont see this poo poo happening

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Allegedly they have 1400 titans in T5Z?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is there anyway this could be turned to their advantage?

Could they save their titan fleet at the cost of the timer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hopefully half of them get stuck in a jump tunnel like what happened to us at HED-GP and yall get free kills on em