Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Love in Dangerous Spacetime was a game that came out when I didn't have someone to play co-op with but seemed like it would have been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Portal 2 if neither of you have done the coop yet would be fun

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

CannonFodder posted:

Ding ding we have a winner.

It's signaling to the Trump base.

I also feel like it’s a dry run for when it will actually matter. It’s not going to change this election, but it’s basically pen-testing our electoral process. Unfortunately everyone wants to hand wave it away and say it doesn’t matter, so no one is going to take the initiative to fix the flaws that are being uncovered here.

E:

Skwirl posted:

Love in Dangerous Spacetime was a game that came out when I didn't have someone to play co-op with but seemed like it would have been fun.

Can confirm that this is a fun co-op game - I highly recommend it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked

If you want something simple, Nidhogg!

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
So my roommate flew home to Florida for Christmas, and after being back and running around our house with no mask on for several days, her parents tested positive for COVID! Now my roommate's positive!

Hell yeah! I'm almost definitely positive, and I can't even get a test until Tuesday to confirm it (But I already feel like poo poo!)! Any of y'all had to fight this poo poo yet?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Thank you exactly what she was looking for.

fartknocker posted:

I’m watching Grey Hunter do his third day-by-day play through of that thing and it loving boggles my mind. And I say this as someone who loves some grog insane war games.
I'm watching that as well.

Fiz, you could also get a few folding tables and play The Campaign for North Africa. Remember to have enough water for the Italians to properly cook pasta!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

https://youtu.be/xnjUDPMi3c8

Have to admit it's similar to Overcooked in that it requires collaboration and communication.

E: Skwirl has a lot of good ideas

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked

Orcs Must Die 2

Just mowing down thousands of orcs with traps you both cooperatively set up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

E: Skwirl has a lot of good ideas

Thank you.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Burginator posted:

So my roommate flew home to Florida for Christmas, and after being back and running around our house with no mask on for several days, her parents tested positive for COVID! Now my roommate's positive!

Hell yeah! I'm almost definitely positive, and I can't even get a test until Tuesday to confirm it (But I already feel like poo poo!)! Any of y'all had to fight this poo poo yet?

Like half of the posters itt have had it, buddy

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just recovered from a full day hangover. One last blow from 2020. Ready to post now. Any favorites for who will get exiled from the chat thread this year?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Thank you exactly what she was looking for.

Real answer just play Splatoon.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pops Mgee posted:

Just recovered from a full day hangover. One last blow from 2020. Ready to post now. Any favorites for who will get exiled from the chat thread this year?
After Chiche and Mel left I'm can't think of anyone who has really stirred the pot in here

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

After Chiche and Mel left I'm can't think of anyone who has really stirred the pot in here

Haven't seen General "I'm gonna vote for Trump because I love fracking" Dog post in the new thread yet.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ehud posted:

has anyone noticed a trend of once careful people suddenly acting like loving idiots sitting at restaurants and stuff
It's because they were always shitheads and now that Trump lost they don't have to pretend to care just to differentiate themselves from Trump supporters

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked
Unravel Two is a fun cute co-op platformer that's been great for helping my gf learn modern game controls

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 2, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked

Does platform matter? Split-screen? Co-op?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inside seating isn't allowed in Seattle but I saw a poo poo ton of dumbasses violating every concept of social distancing while eating on patios when I was doing last minute Christmas shopping.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Does platform matter? Split-screen? Co-op?

doesn't matter. just something good on the computer.

im looking at all suggestions btw

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

CannonFodder posted:

also someone here suggested "March comes in like a lion" and I have to thank them.

I'm not sure if it was me, but I have to vouch for it anyway. It's such a good show, though some parts of it hit so close to home for me, like Rei's relationship with his adoptive sister; she reminds me of my ex a lot and it got extremely uncomfortable to watch. Also, it's brutal to watch if you're in a depressed mood like I was at the time, there were def multiple episodes where someone broke into my apartment and started cutting onions.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Minecraft.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked

Civ 5, slide the laptop back and forth between turns

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

doesn't matter. just something good on the computer.

im looking at all suggestions btw

Sorry, should have said OS vs. platform. Macs can make poo poo really restrictive.

Tons of board game adaptations are available, most of which include bots. Left 4 Dead is still fun and good co-op. Don't Starve has co-op. Streets of Rogue can get real goofy real quick.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sorry, should have said OS vs. platform. Macs can make poo poo really restrictive.

Tons of board game adaptations are available, most of which include bots. Left 4 Dead is still fun and good co-op. Don't Starve has co-op. Streets of Rogue can get real goofy real quick.

You need 4 people for Left 4 Dead. It's in the title.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
A Way Out but that might make you guys fight

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Manoueverable posted:

I'm not sure if it was me, but I have to vouch for it anyway. It's such a good show, though some parts of it hit so close to home for me, like Rei's relationship with his adoptive sister; she reminds me of my ex a lot and it got extremely uncomfortable to watch. Also, it's brutal to watch if you're in a depressed mood like I was at the time, there were def multiple episodes where someone broke into my apartment and started cutting onions.
Yeah, you recommended it because of the Bump Of Chicken outro.

And thanks for the warning that my room will be full of dust.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

We broke up later for other reasons but the "co-op" mode on Super Mario Wii almost ended my relationship with one girlfriend a couple different times.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Guys, I bought myself one of these after wanting one forever: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Plus, I bought 3 other stackable hard cases that match and stack, including the clear top organizer for screws and toggles, etc. They snap together like rolling baggage.

I spent the afternoon moving tools out of various soft tool bags, organizing everything. I am so loving pumped

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

people with rolling backpacks in middle/high school were dorks

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Human Fall Flat is a good coop run.

It's never serious so you cant hate each other.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

We broke up later for other reasons but the "co-op" mode on Super Mario Wii almost ended my relationship with one girlfriend a couple different times.
Your relationship was bound to end no matter what if it almost ended over a video game

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

hifi posted:

I had a loving rolling suitcase for half a semester.

In my defense my high school didn't have lockers because they thought it would stop school shootings.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

hifi posted:

I mean, having to lug tools from a parking garage to, say the 5th floor of a hospital sucks, and this definitely makes my life easier

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Your relationship was bound to end no matter what if it almost ended over a video game

I was being hyperbolic.

Like my grandfather always said "if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, don't exagerate."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Larry King caught the rona

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1345492252337070081

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Fiz -

Dying Light: zombie apocalypse, you fight with melee weapons and guns, you can do parkour around the city which feels really fun and rewarding, long campaign with tightly integrated co-op.

Portal 2: Puzzle solving game where you really have to cooperate to make it through the campaign. Really fun for two people but kind of short. It’s like 2 bucks on Steam though.

Raft: You’re on a raft in the middle of the ocean and you have to survive. Typical survival fare with gathering and crafting but super fun if you’re into that stuff.

Trine Series: 17 bucks on Steam for all 4 games. Side scrolling puzzle games where you each pick a class and use your abilities to solve puzzles and make it to the end of the level. Absolutely gorgeous graphics.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was gonna suggest Portal 2 as well, there are also a lot of custom maps but last I checked you had to wade through piles of poo poo to find good ones, but maybe there ia a rating system now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gently caress.

2020 doesn't want to stay in 2020.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Resident Evil 5 is a good co-op game if you can ignore the racism and sexism. A friend of mine and I play it online together every now and then.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

D-LINK posted:

Guys, I bought myself one of these after wanting one forever: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Plus, I bought 3 other stackable hard cases that match and stack, including the clear top organizer for screws and toggles, etc. They snap together like rolling baggage.

I spent the afternoon moving tools out of various soft tool bags, organizing everything. I am so loving pumped

Owns. I really need to get something like this. Every time I need to haul my tools I put them in a tote and it's not ideal at all. Having wheels would be great.

In other I'm officially old because I'm way too excited about it purchases I bought a couple non-stick pans today because I'm sick of poo poo always sticking to our old stainless ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

There's a scifi story that starts with a fast food worker in Raleigh NC getting hooked up to an AI management system that usually just gives the regular "hey make a burger" stuff but gets specialized to the point of "Take two steps to the grill. Use your right hand to pick up a burger patty. With your right hand, place the burger patty on the grill." The US eventually turns into an economic police state but the fast food guy gets to evac to Australia where a cyber utopia was built. He gets to upload his mind to a Matrix like thing while his body will be maintained by the cloud to where he uploaded his conciousness.

Difference here is the dude wasn't about to die in an ER.

also someone here suggested "March comes in like a lion" and I have to thank them.

Manna, right?

Always worth a read:

https://marshallbrain.com/manna