Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The British empire solved this problem a long time ago. just select a minority group and put them in charge of the majority, the minority will oppress the poo poo out of them for their own survival, and can never step down because they would get wiped out in retribution.

Then when you've bled the area dry, just leave and let everyone too poor to do the same deal with the fallout.

Colonialism Classic is going to be the new hotness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

T-man posted:

i am hurt and offended by the comments on the previous page

i thought i was the worst most miserable poster on the forums :(

Oh gently caress no, Endlessmotonoy has you lapped.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

Self maintenance, reproduction and survivability in every biome you'll ever need to be not good enough for you?!?

"survivability in every biome" isn't going to be true much longer :V

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

MRC48B posted:

The British empire solved this problem a long time ago. just select a minority group and put them in charge of the majority, the minority will oppress the poo poo out of them for their own survival, and can never step down because they would get wiped out in retribution.

Then when you've bled the area dry, just leave and let everyone too poor to do the same deal with the fallout.

Colonialism Classic is going to be the new hotness.

You know who else had the same idea?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Why did "side hustle" replace the term "second job" or "business owner"?

Google's been sending me a lot of articles to hate read recently with headlines like

"How I make $10k a month on my side hustles"

And it's always someone who started out doing like financial advising as a second job managed to turn it into an actual full time business. That's not a side hustle, that's your actual job at that point

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

because it makes working an unreasonable amount of hours look like a glamorous fantasy that appeals to people

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Len posted:

Google's been sending me a lot of articles to hate read recently with headlines like

And it's always someone who started out doing like financial advising as a second job managed to turn it into an actual full time business. That's not a side hustle, that's your actual job at that point

Someone workin a side hustle: cool, entrepeneur, badass

Someone working two jobs: poor, scum, probably illegal immigrant (MS13???? OMG)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

Center for Shoplifting Praxis And Mugging

Center for Excellence in Shoplifting

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Biplane posted:

What planning? The hyper rich are literally the most incompetent people on the planet. The only reason they're still on top is the system, whose sole purpose is to grow these peoples number, is basically automated at this point.

Generally the way this works is they hire strategists and pay them enough that they're no longer self-identifying as part of the rabble

Or they could just pray to whatever forgotten chaos god birthed Henry Kissinger I guess

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Henry Kissinger: Still Not Fuckin' Dead, Somehow

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shame Boy posted:

Henry Kissinger: Still Not Fuckin' Dead, Somehow

He, Cheney, and McConnell all went through the lich process.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

"survivability in every biome" isn't going to be true much longer :V

Still better than the robots :awesomelon:

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Not an image but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiXZECAe094

All in all, very tragic and very absurd.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m not watching a 20 minute video in the picture thread lmao

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Fair enough. I just thought that a dude playing as Anakin Skywalker in VR chat talking about his PTSD was very late stage capitalism.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I'm guessing it's a form of therapy, What Hell of a Way to Die pod did an episode recently about veteran therapy using D&D, this might be something similar

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

I thought it was very interesting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

seems candid. watched the beginning and he talks about gunships being cancer factories

if that poo poo helps people not sign up for the war machine, im all for it

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, he has a good and relatable story about why people at a certain age think signing up for the military is the correct life choice, and how it goes on to ruin them.

Edit: this is a weird channel. People in VR chat telling frank stories about messed up poo poo.

Skippy McPants has issued a correction as of 07:10 on Jan 3, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Feral Integral posted:

I thought it was very interesting

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Roommate came in earlier and wanted to talk about her past trauma and what I thought she should do about it (seek therapy etc) and I ask if this was brought on by anything and she's like "oh I just saw a video of some military guy talking about his PTSD" and I'm like "was it Anakin Skywalker" and she goes "... yyyep" lmao

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Roommate came in earlier and wanted to talk about her past trauma and what I thought she should do about it (seek therapy etc) and I ask if this was brought on by anything and she's like "oh I just saw a video of some military guy talking about his PTSD" and I'm like "was it Anakin Skywalker" and she goes "... yyyep" lmao

Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul. They shape our will.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im gonna go talk about my gender identity while dressed as hermoime granger, get that twitch ca$$$h

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

T-man posted:

im gonna go talk about my gender identity while dressed as hermoime granger, get that twitch ca$$$h

twitch is such a hufflepuff thing a real gryffindor would use patreon

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul. They shape our will.

when you die your soul goes back to the great blockchain in the sky

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't think walmart knows knows what "enlarged to show texture" means.

Or are they enlargening the actual nuts for texture viewing purposes? :tinfoil:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Actually they enlarge the beans

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So I'm eating honey roasted mutant walmart beans.

Surely this won't backfire in the bathroom later.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My nuts are also enlarged to show texture

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, but are they dry or honey roasted? I'm not a cocktail nut fan.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
boiled Cajun style

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Len posted:

those types of articles are generally aimed at people who are in the top 20% or so of incomes but don't have the connections necessary to climb any further up the class ladder

if left to their own devices, they might realize that class mobility is a myth, that extreme wealth is never earned, and that they're never gonna be billionaires no matter how long they defend the current system

so they need to be lured into thinking they can keep climbing if they just work a little harder and manage their money a little smarter. which mostly just amounts to basic financial literacy advice, except dressed up in a different language so the targets don't realize it's essentially the same advice given to poor people

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

Once again, Kojima was right.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

Once again, Kojima was right.

remembering that time scott adams was wowed by mgs2 about twenty years after every sad dork had internalized its message

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

remembering that time scott adams was wowed by mgs2 about twenty years after every sad dork had internalized its message

No, I don't archive the musings of Dilbert man

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

boiled Cajun style

my balls are cook

https://youtu.be/JZnEZ4KX3pA

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

No, I don't archive the musings of Dilbert man

is your brain not poisoned or something???

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

is your brain not poisoned or something???

I don't think I've ever actually read a Dilbert comic. Maybe there's a connection

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

dilbert is an engineer whose tie is always curled upwards. You would think an engineer could fix such a problem, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A Russian troll farm posted:

dilbert is an engineer whose tie is always curled upwards. You would think an engineer could fix such a problem, imo.

I think I remember Scott Adams once saying the tie being curved represents that Dilbert is horny or something and on days it's not curved he had sex