Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There needs to be a transformers character named Pog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

So I've been doing this thing where I take toys that don't have fiction and try to come up with characterization for them, along with giving same character redecoes new identities and repurposing old updates of characters that have been supplanted and giving them new identities and such. I dunno if it's too fan-ficcy for SA, but I thought I'd share them here, see if they interested anyway.

Enerax
Sheeldron
Frostfire (Cybertron Cryo Scourge)
Prime Roadbuster (Beast Hunters Commander Class Bulkhead)
Heartburn and Heatstroke

I'm gonna try to make this a regular thing, so if it's well received, I'll post what I do at the end of every week.

Sounds like a fun idea to me, I've posted some fanfic sort of ideas in the past here as well, maybe I'll dig those up

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

And Walmart is now selling Bumblebee for only twice MSRP, but by the cubic foot:

I thought that was only Blurr.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Too soon

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SlothfulCobra posted:

There needs to be a transformers character named Pog.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Remember Beachcomber? He's back, in pog form"

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm surprised there isn't given you could do a shapeshifter like the one in Prime and have a little moment of "Have you seen Makeshift?"

"He's back, in Pog form"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That's Cog, actually. From Siege.

Cogchamp

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pogscream

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

That's Cog, actually. From Siege.

Cogchamp

Foiled again

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I had a pretty successful day of Kingdom hunting.

So uh, guys, Rattrap has balls. Like unmistakable rat balls.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that rules

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bay Devastator's great big intentional wrecking-ball balls: not funny
Rattrap's tiny little "oops we gave him rat balls" balls: really funny

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Rattrap is the guy who asks you if you "found any new positions" when you get back from fraternizing with the enemy and hangs out in Cybertronian strip clubs, having literal balls is extremely on-brand

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm having weird feels about beast wars nostalgia being a thing I'm experiencing, but let's be real that's not going to stop me from buying scorponok, rhinox or waspinator

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

So I've been doing this thing where I take toys that don't have fiction and try to come up with characterization for them, along with giving same character redecoes new identities and repurposing old updates of characters that have been supplanted and giving them new identities and such. I dunno if it's too fan-ficcy for SA, but I thought I'd share them here, see if they interested anyway.

Enerax
Sheeldron
Frostfire (Cybertron Cryo Scourge)
Prime Roadbuster (Beast Hunters Commander Class Bulkhead)
Heartburn and Heatstroke

I'm gonna try to make this a regular thing, so if it's well received, I'll post what I do at the end of every week.

I like Heartburn and Heatstroke's motto.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Starting to see Earthrise in the wild which is nice. I got there too late for anything but Vertibreak though although he’s cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's Kingdom.

I finished the Earthrise toon today. Pretty lovely.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I like Heartburn and Heatstroke's motto.

Thanks.

I suppose I should ask if anyone has any fictionless characters or same character redecoes you guys might’ve always wanted a personality for. I’m wanting to do five of these a week so I need suggestions.

Old Classic-style toys that have been supplanted work too. For instance, I have a concept for GDO Springer as a RID 2001 version of the character.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

That's Kingdom.

I finished the Earthrise toon today. Pretty lovely.

But slightly less lovely than Siege. Seven or eight more seasons of this and they might reach decent.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Starting to see Earthrise in the wild which is nice. I got there too late for anything but Vertibreak though although he’s cool.

Rhyno posted:

That's Kingdom.
I don't know about the rest of the country, but nothing beyond Earthrise wave 1 ever reached saturation here. I saw parts of wave 2 a few times, but nothing from wave 3 in stores. It's not like stuff was shelfwarming though, it just seemed like everyone kept restocking wave 1. Though when I say everyone I really mean Target, since I won't go to Walmarts unless I'm hunting an exclusive, and no one else is left around here selling toys.

At least Thrust is now hitting en masse. I still have an unfulfilled preorder I plan to keep and offer to anyone on here who needs it though, with preferential treatment to foreign goons since who knows if you'll get the opportunity. for Thrust elsewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I generally take every opportunity to thrust that I can.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

GD_American posted:

My Secret Santa haul was awesome, I'm just having trouble pulling the picture in. Tons of candy (half of which the family claimed), a very nice card which unfortunately got lost in the cleanup, Netflix Magnus and a sweet Gundam model which will break my Gundam cherry. I really appreciate it, charitable Pacific NW goon!

You're very welcome. Hope you and your family had a great Christmas and New Years. Here's hoping 2021 is better for all of us.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Thanks.

I suppose I should ask if anyone has any fictionless characters or same character redecoes you guys might’ve always wanted a personality for. I’m wanting to do five of these a week so I need suggestions.

Old Classic-style toys that have been supplanted work too. For instance, I have a concept for GDO Springer as a RID 2001 version of the character.

ROTF Thrust is a favorite of mine, he'd be good for that, especially taking into account some of his odd aspects like having a jet alt-mode with no weapons at all(even Autobot fliers usually have some, so a Decepticon without any is particularly odd), or his odd robot mode aesthetic which to me at least gives some implications about how he fights(I've made comparisons between him and the Byarlant Custom from Gundam Unicorn* before)

*I mentioned this a couple weeks ago but yeah Transformers would definitely benefit from stealing how Gundam does it's better animated fights

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

Thanks.

I've always thought that G19 Ratchet would work well as a completely separate character, especially with the faction switch. Maybe some version of Flatline or Scalpel?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SOLD.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

I've always thought that G19 Ratchet would work well as a completely separate character, especially with the faction switch. Maybe some version of Flatline or Scalpel?

I’m not familiar with this toy

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

ROTF Thrust is a favorite of mine, he'd be good for that, especially taking into account some of his odd aspects like having a jet alt-mode with no weapons at all(even Autobot fliers usually have some, so a Decepticon without any is particularly odd), or his odd robot mode aesthetic which to me at least gives some implications about how he fights(I've made comparisons between him and the Byarlant Custom from Gundam Unicorn* before)

*I mentioned this a couple weeks ago but yeah Transformers would definitely benefit from stealing how Gundam does it's better animated fights

That guy already got a bio as the movie verse version of Thrust, but how do you feel about me repurposing his recolor?:

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/b/b0/TargetCrashLandingAttackBumblebeeThrust.jpg

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

That guy already got a bio as the movie verse version of Thrust, but how do you feel about me repurposing his recolor?:

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/b/b0/TargetCrashLandingAttackBumblebeeThrust.jpg

That would be fine

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So they're finally doing Car Robots in Generations?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

I’m not familiar with this toy

Takara's Decepticon version of Beast Hunter Ratchet, which was already a pretty left-field take on the character by being a Dinobot II homage of all things.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, I know that one. Yeah, I can do something there

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

God damnit now I want three of these stupid things too

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I didn't even notice Hound was riding it until just now

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Phy posted:

I didn't even notice Hound was riding it until just now

I don't see Hound's legs so I think the dino-bone Cerberus are his legs.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So it's kinda odd isn't it that Galvatron showed up in Earthwise but he has no action figure coming out or under the Earthwise subtitle isn't it? Most other characters even if they showed up for an episode have a figure.

Unless he's suppose to return in the next Netflix part and he'll have a form there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He has a Kingdom figure coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
someone wanna one paragraph a tl;dr for me? I have no interest in watching it but am curious where the fiction is going