Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Gorilla Arms mention the ability to use them to pry open doors. The Internet says this isn’t actually implemented into the game, but I swear I got it to work exactly once, properly animated and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It animates just fine, but it doesn't make the stat requirements for doors lower

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lazyhound posted:

Gorilla Arms mention the ability to use them to pry open doors. The Internet says this isn’t actually implemented into the game, but I swear I got it to work exactly once, properly animated and everything.

It works perfectly fine, I did it all the time, it just requires body skill not gorilla arms. The gorilla arms do have a slightly different animation when doing it though.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It works perfectly fine, I did it all the time, it just requires body skill not gorilla arms. The gorilla arms do have a slightly different animation when doing it though.

Yes but the implication of the description is that you can use them to bypass the body skill check. Which they let me do, but only once.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 3, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Section Z posted:

"You hit 20 breach protocol meter, that means you unlocked '+50% breach time, and +5% per perk level!"
"Are you serious?"
"Look it you hit 20 in a hacking meter you are clearly overpowered and need something save to sacrifice all your perk points into so you don't become even MORE overpowered!"

This comes to mind because out of curiosity, I used my massive indecision pile of perks on one of the 20 INT/20 meter unlocks to see how high it went, and it accepted 28 perk points into it :stare:

The only use I can think of most of these endcap luxury perks exist with "And then +1% more to thing" stacking, is for the sake of people who feel overpowered with anything less than "Unload a magazine into their skull, then a few more just to be sure while I let every hacker live to make me feel alive in battle" to exile their Cool Options Points into oblivion.

EDIT: So odd realization as I take a closer look. I'm at 20/20 meter for quickhack, that at least is amusing with "stack 5% more RAM regen per point". Then I did a double take and noticed I wasn't quite at 20 breach meter yet, but it let me put points into that skill anyways.

Does that mean there is an undocumented, good on paper, situation where if you hit 20 in one meter, it qualifies you for the other skills of that stat too?

Breach prestige unlocks at 16 I think. Its the only one that isn't 20.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This game need a complete top to bottom overhaul of its perk and leveling system. Honestly, 50 is beyond overboard and the level cap should be 35, maybe 40. Perks need to be re-addressed or moved around. Crit on quickhacks should not be 16 Int. Hell it should be the 20 quickhack reward. Same with the 100% damage to an undamaged foe blade perk Basically, the one perk that makes a build go from good to broken should be its prestige reward. Then skill XP should probably be doubled (or required XP halved). That it takes you almost 100% clearing the map using only a single skill or two to get close to maxing it is... not great?

If you're dead set on 50, only award perks every other level with a bonus attribute every 10. 50 perks is obsense but i guess you can spread it around.
That just means planning for "A sane person playthrough will only have 10-15 levels" rather than "Good thing I planned out what I want for level 25-30 in this 50 level game" Because if had tackled the plot instead of deliberatly letting it sit as long as possible, "Barely half level" is what I'd get.

Plus a whole lot of my levels after that were "Get crafting good so I'm allowed to make baseball bats and carnage shotguns with at LEAST one mod slot, because the game refuses to give me any 5 tech rare blueprints for those". I'm back-filling to make up for the game's shortcomings, not looking for ultimate power. I would have happily stayed at 5 tech and never so much as glance at iconic gear, I could get the goddamned blueprints I want :v: "Oh look, another legendary baseball bat blueprint (Has no other tiers of baseball bat yet, and an uncommon shock baton via uncommon crafting freebies). Welp, guess the game is trying to tell me something."

Why go for a zero sum gain in fixes. If something is underperforming, fix the thing that underperforms. Don't punish the stuff that actually works.

That said I am kind of tired in the trend these days where lots of "fixes" for known under performing options in games has a lot of backhanded "So now that we made that thing everyone thought was worthless 5% better, we just HAD to make other things people turned to instead 10-25% worse! Because kids love 'trade offs' or whatever" patch notes.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 3, 2021

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

About the VDB chat. Is it possible that humanity could see its lot improved by AIs? I know they’re trying to get involved with the rogue Cthulhu type AIs. But there’s so many hosed up self interested and greedy parties basically creating such a terrible situation for people that having an AI in charge could be nice?

Also in the Dream On quest Peralez seems like a decent leader relative to Holt and the previous mayors. Like his refusal to collaborate with the corps and his promises to improve the lot of average citizens could just be a play for votes but maybe the AIs running his life aren’t as evil as they seem?

I think that dealing with AIs is dangerous and clearly a spooky almost supernatural element in the game lore but I still think there’s more hope for humanity beyond the blackwall than within it.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

They're findable ingame, there's just no markers or clues as to where they are - the Solo boots are in the Kabuki market, third floor up via the elevator opposite the motel [spoiler] where the cop is hiding out [/spolier] for one of Regina's gigs in Watson. I also found the Badge glasses in Watson in the industrial area ( which is pretty huge ) while I was parkouring about trying to raise my athletics rather than driving between gigs.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

dyzzy posted:

FYI for anyone else going for this, make sure to heal up to full before going in to the elevator. Both times through (first time at level 40 which ended badly as a result of being stuck at 50% hp) I found that I would be stuck at whatever health value I went in with and couldn't heal above that. Maybe a perk interaction, I'm body/reflex/cool blades but no way am I gonna try to debug that.

I just played this ending myself (it was harder than I thought it would be, but I also bumped the difficulty up recently to get more xp).

I got the impression the hp going down was part of the ending - like the relic keeps malfunctioning as you're fighting, and it seemed like my max hp dropped as the malfunctions occurred? I couldn't really tell though, maybe it's just a bug.

Glimm fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 3, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ZombyDog posted:

They're findable ingame, there's just no markers or clues as to where they are - the Solo boots are in the Kabuki market, third floor up via the elevator opposite the motel where the cop is hiding out for one of Regina's gigs in Watson. I also found the Badge glasses in Watson in the industrial area ( which is pretty huge ) while I was parkouring about trying to raise my athletics rather than driving between gigs.

Yeah, I realised they were just the legendaries and not actually cut content you had to console in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Section Z posted:

Why go for a zero sum gain in fixes. If something is underperforming, fix the thing that underperforms. Don't punish the stuff that actually works.

I'm fine with that too but I think, as things are now, the game gives too much. Like with 50 attributes (plus the 7 you get at the start) and a base of 3 for all five attributes, you can max out three. So you can go 100% on hacking AND guns AND crafting. or hacking and guns and body. It makes putting any effort into a build pointless since any "build" can be completed halfway through and everything from that point on is just a bonus. Approaching it from a "fix the underperforming" view wouldn't address this. 57 attributes for a max level character is a whole loving lot. And this isn't even taking into account the additional perk points you get from leveling skills! Assuming you actually work on skilling the bulk of what you use you're almost doubling up perk points.

It makes it hard to have build diversity of different playstyles where even if you focus on one attribute you end up with so much spillover you end up diluting whatever identity you were going for. Or you end up purposely not using attributes at which point... why get them at all?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Glimm posted:

I just played this ending myself (it was harder than I thought it would be, but I also bumped the difficulty up recently to get more xp).

I got the impression the hp going down was part of the ending - like the relic keeps malfunctioning as you're fighting, and it seemed like my max hp dropped as the malfunctions occurred? I couldn't really tell though, maybe it's just a bug.

Hm maybe. It seemed to happen so abruptly and only at that one point with no visual cue so I lean towards bug.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lazyhound posted:

Yes but the implication of the description is that you can use them to bypass the body skill check. Which they let me do, but only once.

Oh weird. Who even knows if that was a bug or the intentional behavior

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm fine with that too but I think, as things are now, the game gives too much. Like with 50 attributes (plus the 7 you get at the start) and a base of 3 for all five attributes, you can max out three. So you can go 100% on hacking AND guns AND crafting. or hacking and guns and body. It makes putting any effort into a build pointless since any "build" can be completed halfway through and everything from that point on is just a bonus. Approaching it from a "fix the underperforming" view wouldn't address this. 57 attributes for a max level character is a whole loving lot. And this isn't even taking into account the additional perk points you get from leveling skills! Assuming you actually work on skilling the bulk of what you use you're almost doubling up perk points.

It makes it hard to have build diversity of different playstyles where even if you focus on one attribute you end up with so much spillover you end up diluting whatever identity you were going for. Or you end up purposely not using attributes at which point... why get them at all?
I used to think this way, but over the years I realized having the options and choosing your playstyles around them is more interesting and engaging than pretending a drought of points is an interesting choice.

People are far more likely to move outside the comfort zone of the classic Diplosniper in Fallout, or "Hack everyone unconcious without ever setting foot in the building here", if that is a personal choice rather than "You just are not allowed to even bother trying, so sorry".

Then you get people thinking they will try something new, it sucking early, and going back to what they know. Instead of "Well, if I can't learn 2 parry I can always go back to my huge mega shield" which is how even a causal like me goes from classic newbie in elite armor, to bullying Darkwraiths after dusting off their old clothes.

See also: Not being as into Ironman toggles as I used to vs just learning to delete a save. "If you need to be FORCED to play ironman, you probably don't enjoy it as much as you think (Also +200% risk of bugs). Even when there is no cheevo involved you see poor bastards beaten down by the idea it doesn't count unless they have the toggle turned on, and then they no-clip and die through the rocket launch ending cutscene before being credited with beating the game or some other insanity.

EDIT: It is also pretty clear a lot of my views now are a case of just getting loving older as a gamer :corsair:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 3, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Section Z posted:

I used to think this way, but over the years I realized having the options and choosing your playstyles around them is more interesting and engaging than pretending a drought of points is an interesting choice.

People are far more likely to move outside the comfort zone of the classic Diplosniper in Fallout, or "Hack everyone unconcious without ever setting foot in the building here", if that is a personal choice rather than "You just are not allowed to even bother trying, so sorry".

Then you get people thinking they will try something new, it sucking early, and going back to what they know. Instead of "Well, if I can't learn 2 parry I can always go back to my huge mega shield" which is how even a causal like me goes from classic newbie in elite armor, to bullying Darkwraiths after dusting off their old clothes.

See also: Ironman toggles. "If you need to be FORCED to play ironman, you probably don't enjoy it as much as you think (Also +200% risk of bugs). Even when there is no cheevo involved you see poor bastards beaten down by the idea it doesn't count unless they have the toggle turned on, and then they no-clip and die through the rocket launch ending cutscene before being credited with beating the game or some other insanity.

I mean a big part of an RPG is building and sticking with the progress choices you make? It sounds more like you rather have the option to respec and try different things without investing the time of leveling over again which the game could very well do but they don't. respeccing perks without being able to change attributes doesn't really give you a lot of flexibility and should be an easy fix to implement.

Dark Souls is even more brutal! you don't even get the luxury to respec (DS3 being the exception)!

Then again I loving love ironman whenever it's avaiable as an option so i'm very much into that masochistic approach to gaming where my choices have to be well thought out in advance or I can gimp myself and it'll be hours before I realize

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 3, 2021

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean a big part of an RPG is building and sticking with the progress choices you make? It sounds more like you rather have the option to respec and try different things without investing the time of leveling over again which the game could very well do but they don't. respeccing perks without being able to change attributes doesn't really give you a lot of flexibility and should be an easy fix to implement.

Dark Souls is even more brutal! you don't even get the luxury to respec (DS3 being the exception)!

Then again I loving love ironman whenever it's avaiable as an option so i'm very much into that masochistic approach to gaming where my choices have to be well thought out in advance or I can gimp myself and it'll be hours before I realize
Yeah but funny enough you can decide to be a rolling pro parry ninja with your beefy boy casual newbie build, which is the sort of feeling I love. Letting your players do the cool thing because it FEELS cool, not because you are forced to. Which also helps people feel their skill growth much better.

Granted, I am also the sort of crazy who sees old SA posts crying "Pause to heal in children's Nintendo game breath of the wild is too casual! Make it realtime like DARKSOULS!" and I think, man, I would swear off bottle faeries forever if I got a proper estus Estus flask in Zelda. That poo poo is great for casuals like me!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I kinda think the leveling/skill system is fine as it is (except for the poo poo that isn’t working as intended) and I have yet to see a suggestion for “fixing” it that actually sounds like an improvement.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Remora posted:

I feel like I must have missed a terminal or something in the father-son BD mission, because I let them live, and now I feel like that was absolutely the wrong decision.

on Papa's corpse you can find a convo where a guy calls him out on not just how their new business expansion would end up with someone like V plugging him, but that it was extra hosed up he was bringing his son into it, to which Papa replies "hope you can afford that guilty conscience of yours :)" the save I settled on I let his son live but it's incredibly funny/a bit heartwrenching if you ice his son first, wheras the kid seems pretty upset you killed his dad but has the presence of mind to beg for his life. bro I just bonked him with a baseball bat, it's not my fault the devs didn't give me the option to leave you two hogtied for NCPD

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Section Z posted:

See also: Not being as into Ironman toggles as I used to vs just learning to delete a save. "If you need to be FORCED to play ironman, you probably don't enjoy it as much as you think (Also +200% risk of bugs). Even when there is no cheevo involved you see poor bastards beaten down by the idea it doesn't count unless they have the toggle turned on, and then they no-clip and die through the rocket launch ending cutscene before being credited with beating the game or some other insanity.

EDIT: It is also pretty clear a lot of my views now are a case of just getting loving older as a gamer :corsair:

I'd be fine with fewer points overall if doing a full respec was possible and easy, instead of fairly expensive and limited to just perk points. There's lots of poo poo that's really easy to miss and to misunderstand in character building.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Oh sure, I was going to wait to do a replay until there are more bug fixes and DLC, but I just want to see what the Street Kid intro is like...well, hang on, I just want to see how a body-shotgun build plays...oh now I have 20 hours in again :suicide:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

chaosapiant posted:

I kinda think the leveling/skill system is fine as it is (except for the poo poo that isn’t working as intended) and I have yet to see a suggestion for “fixing” it that actually sounds like an improvement.

If anything I'd just have them do a repass on some of the perks to make sure they
A) Work as Intended
B) Maybe cut down on a few of the "put in three points to get a whole 10% Increase with Pistols/ARs/etc
C) Look at some of the poo poo like Commando or all the "While Carrying a Body" stuff because when would that ever come into play at all god drat why is that even in the game

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I need advice. Please note I read the OP then skipped here to post to avoid spoilers.

I am another guy who loved The Witcher 3 and I waited for Cyberpunk 2077 with great anticipation. I honestly didn't expect a release until 2021. I was torn between an XBone-X version or the PC version (because I love community mods but my late '18 PC can't do 4K while my Xbone-X can.)

Then came a surprise. I had not been paying attention and the game came out 12/10 and had a tremendously expensive Collector's Edition. I'm a real sucker for those, especially since I spent the $100 for HL2 and got that awesome Lambda hat (which I eventually lost, dammit) and I still keep that box on a shelf because HL2 was amazingly good.

When I stumbled across the 12/10 release date it was about 12/08, and the CE box was sold out everywhere. All the available boxes were on eBay for around $599.

Then I started reading about the bugs. CDPR offering full refunds. Pulled from the PS store. Especially how CDPR didn't want to release it because it was unfinished. Also, about the many cool doo-dads in the CE box.

For Christmas, my GF found one locally that was still factory sealed for $350 and she bought it for me, for the XBone-X (which I have) and the Series-X (which I don't.) So she got me this huge box and just to check I opened the case and found everything still factory sealed, including the physical media. Nothing had been opened at all.

Now I see it's back up for sale at Gamestop so I am torn. I also see 1.05 came out in late December. I understand the game doesn't have the depth TW3 had but I still haven't installed it because I'm wondering if keeping the CE around unopened to sell as a CE later while buying the digital copy for XBox or maybe even my PC, or if the launch just spoiled everything.

Sorry for all the detail but does anyone have a strong opinion about this? I could slice open the media and have the game installed (though I would rather wait until I hear the game is even more stable and maybe has some features added in). I could buy the digital copy and play that but I have so little time for gaming I'm willing to wait a while longer.

Does anyone had a strong opinion about saving the CE for eBay later on and buying digital now, or just say gently caress it and jump into my CE box as soon as the game seems... closer to finished.

I'm not the "scalper" type. I actually do like the extras in the box (though I don't really care about the huge statue because I have no place to display it) but I'll just install it if it won't bring in a little extra money down the road. To really answer this question I would need to know if CDPR/distributors are planning to discontinue the CE but I have no idea.

Thanks for your time.

Keep the console collector's edition, on the Xbone-X it'll run better than the old Bone. Side note, it probably has more depth than Witcher 3 depending on how you define "depth"

E: for leveling it might make sense to switch between attribute and perk points, like attribute point every odd level and perk point every even. You could still max out 2 attributes that way, and 25 perks sounds like a decent number. Or go the Fallout 4 route and have one point every level that you can spend on an attribute OR a perk. Can't say I mind the current system as it adds a lot of flexibility, but there's not much agony of choice when you can just decide at level 30 to start exploring the Clodblood tree

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 3, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

C) Look at some of the poo poo like Commando or all the "While Carrying a Body" stuff because when would that ever come into play at all god drat why is that even in the game

"Invisible while underwater".

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Berserk is cute, but in no way offsets losing quickhacking (which includes jack-in points)

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Protagorean posted:

Berserk is cute, but in no way offsets losing quickhacking (which includes jack-in points)

counterpoint: computers are for nerds

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does anyone know how to reduce stats? I know how to add stat points, but not how to reduce the stat I want to spec away from.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Does anyone know how to reduce stats? I know how to add stat points, but not how to reduce the stat I want to spec away from.

Not possible without mods currently

its pretty dumb

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm looking for a mod way to do it.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

The Lone Badger posted:

cheatengine

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Well dang, if that earlier post is correct it sounds like I missed one of the mandatory conversation triggers for the secret ending (I said "It's been a bumpy road but we made it" or whatever instead of "Nah, hosed that up too." I was trying to be nice!. Oh well, I've cleared pretty much everything else (crimes and car shopping notwithstanding), so I suppose it's time to hit that point-of-no-return.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I said come in! posted:

Well okay we can have this one exception. :colbert:

:hai:

Wasn't the mgs5 collectors a loving life size cyborg arm or something? The dumb MW night vision was fun for it's time.

Now that I think about it, most CE's nowadays are like a lovely loot crate compared to poo poo like the loving Resident Evil Wesker's Case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJe_AYJ8dA

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Kraftwerk posted:

About the VDB chat. Is it possible that humanity could see its lot improved by AIs? I know they’re trying to get involved with the rogue Cthulhu type AIs. But there’s so many hosed up self interested and greedy parties basically creating such a terrible situation for people that having an AI in charge could be nice?

Also in the Dream On quest Peralez seems like a decent leader relative to Holt and the previous mayors. Like his refusal to collaborate with the corps and his promises to improve the lot of average citizens could just be a play for votes but maybe the AIs running his life aren’t as evil as they seem?

I think that dealing with AIs is dangerous and clearly a spooky almost supernatural element in the game lore but I still think there’s more hope for humanity beyond the blackwall than within it.

This is how I felt however the quest seemed to end after telling him, was hoping I would have a bit more to do around it

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how do you find this quest? i couldnt find it in my playthrough.

https://www.gamerguides.com/cyberpunk-2077/guide/gigs/watson/dirty-biz

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Still playing, still really like the game, but I think they skipped the chance to do anything really weird or off the wall that a society as advanced as the Cyberpunk universe could pull off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Still playing, still really like the game, but I think they skipped the chance to do anything really weird or off the wall that a society as advanced as the Cyberpunk universe could pull off.

It's pretty derivative (I guess there's some gray area there considering the source material gives it some degree of a free OG pass) but I think one of the games biggest strengths is that it doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, but actually nails the little details and the feel of the genre, which I think most video games have been totally whiffing on for like 15 years with a few exceptions.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Yeah im the genius who after sixty hours finally figured out that they were saying ‘choo two’ referring to the cyberfuel they use and not calling their cars choo choos in some bizarre mad max war boy baby talk

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If anything I'd just have them do a repass on some of the perks to make sure they

I actually have those perks and it cracks me up every time I get to carry a body around and shoot their friends.

I am embarrassed that over 140 hours in I just realized I could grab someone and drag them away from the spot. I even realized I didn't have to hold down F while grabbing- I was unintentionally killing people when I go to hit R for non-lethal and I was actually killing people instead. Figured that out when a monk kept yelling at me.

I do the dumbest stuff and it makes me glad its single player so no one witnesses it. lol

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Yeah im the genius who after sixty hours finally figured out that they were saying ‘choo two’ referring to the cyberfuel they use and not calling their cars choo choos in some bizarre mad max war boy baby talk
I mean, there are lore shards talking up the resurgence of trains because of the offscreen "haha corpos are stupid and greedy" self replicating sea mines, which includes the words Choo Choo in it. I think there is also a shard that lists a couple technical specifications of a train that includes "Two reactors" because those are words you expect to hear about a train in sci-fi land.

So you are not crazy, as they do throw in lore that implies there is not only lots of choo choo trains, but that there are probably insane mad max warboy trains. And it even calls out how that is why it is so easy for that shard to be in your hands and loving everywhere in Night City in spite of the internet dying and blackwall being put up, or the AI controlled sea mines. Hence why everyone (except V, because-) can still easily visit the budget arms website and order a shotgun right to their doorstep in Night city, as advertised in the elevator ride up to your apartment. Or a truckload of painkillers strong enough to stave off your sister's cyber psychosis for a few weeks. Etc.

Shame we don't get much benefit of this train lore as far as the player is concerned :v: Outside of the implied "Trains are still here, your fast travel nodes worked after all right?"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Oh im not mad, i figured it out by walking past a gas station and happening to pay attention to the sign. I like that i figured out the worlds slang by paying attention to the context of the world.

But i am sad that i cant call my makigai maimai my little red choo choo any more.