Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My wife and I often light-heartedly argue about sarcasm (She's American)

When she's sarcastic I can't read it at all. It just comes off as her being entirely serious or weird about something that only an American would be serious or passionate about.
I'm really careful to not be sarcastic around her because if I do it, it comes off as me being an rear end in a top hat to her.

She thinks British people are entirely miserable and massively self deprecating and mostly blames it on "this frozen rainy hellhole of a country you all live in"

I mean, she's not wrong.

E: 15 stone is 95.2544 kg which is roughly what I've weighed for the last 10 years no matter how much I exercise or diet. At least I'm really tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My American missus said she had to move to Ireland partly because the only way she knows how to flirt is by slagging people off. American lads mostly can't handle that apparently :shrug:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

That tracks with my wife. She's a massive troll and was the one who introduced me to SA.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

How is it no-one's mentioned the greatest comedy moment of all time, Delboy falling through the bar? You all voted for it! just like Basil Fawlty smacking a Mini with a branch?

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is my go to comedy show.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Of course the show was written by an Irish man born in India and named for characters in an American cartoon but that's also very, very British.
Well yeah, nobody calls it 'Anglo-Saxon humour', same with the good bits of the cuisine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSP7PtctC4

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
I am completely uneducated on these matters, so this is a question - You're told to finish antibiotics as otherwise what you're left with is the strong ones that are now antibiotic resistant.

Are viruses so different to bacteria that this isn't an evolutionary driver that will come from having one vaccine dose (whether this is as the effects are all the virus dies or no virus dies, or they evolve too slowly), or will we end up making a bunch of small variants across our population?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nutapii posted:

I am completely uneducated on these matters, so this is a question - You're told to finish antibiotics as otherwise what you're left with is the strong ones that are now antibiotic resistant.

Are viruses so different to bacteria that this isn't an evolutionary driver that will come from having one vaccine dose (whether this is as the effects are all the virus dies or no virus dies, or they evolve too slowly), or will we end up making a bunch of small variants across our population?

lol

If you were looking to extend the crisis by getting a new variant immune to the vaccine, you'd do pretty much exactly what the UK government has done.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

Also presumably compatible with british humour given the continued popularity of mr bean.

That auld Mr Bean he gets into some wild japes there so he does, very humourous indeed with the big torkey on his head there lol

never even says a word, neither!!!!!!!!!!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Re terry Pritchett: I was at the Cheltenham literature festival event where he first announced he had early onset Alzheimer’s. I think it was also the last time he did book signings because he was visibly struggling to do so which was truly heartbreaking to see. I’ve got a copy of making money with me and my brothers names only partially misspelled because of that. :(

I feel like he'd have found some humour in that he ended up writing in the style of Granny Weatherwax :shobon:

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

More Brexit wins:

https://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/uk-shipping-notice

Brooks make fancy saddles for bikes, in the UK. Except they’re all shipped to their parent company in Italy before they go to customers, and they have suspended sales to the UK now due to Brexit.

Buy British!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Nutapii posted:

As I understand it, the vaccine teaches the body to recognise the part of the virus that makes it so it transmissible, so any mutation that avoids the vaccine will likely not be as quick to spread.

The vaccine doses themselves doesn't fight the virus, they teach your body to fight it. Underdosing merely means you might "vaccinate" people and then they still get it, which isn't great from a number of perspectives.

Letting the virus run wild will generally increase the chances of viable mutations anyway though, which is pretty much what is happening already.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nutapii posted:

The equivalent to antibiotics would be antivirals, not vaccines, although it's not a direct equivalent because bacteria are living things that happen to be living where they're doing harm, whereas viruses are more like little balls of side effects of basing life on DNA/RNA encoding proteins, or as one poster put it 'predatory chemistry'.

Taking one dose of the vaccine would be more like having a cholera shot and not the booster, I guess. It trains your immune system but not with the same efficacy. But with the cholera shot you were told to act as if you could still spread it even if you weren't symptomatic, which is the general case with cholera anyway, it just lowers your odds of getting a symptomatic case and making GBS threads yourself for days/to death. With the Covid vaccine all the studies were based on two shots so anything otherwise is statistical guesswork.

It wouldn't be harmful to make the same assumptions here, get the first shot, keep wearing masks and distancing and washing your hands after you have touched your rear end hole.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As far as I understand it, the reason for the multiple vaccine shots is to make sure it actually takes because it can take multiple doses over a period for your immune system to actually "get" what the vaccine is trying to tell it.

So if you don't give enough people enough doses, not enough people will develop immunity enough to stop the disease from being viable within the population (get the R number down and achieve herd immunity)

So I think you can combine vaccination with lockdowns and distancing and that, all of which reduce transmittability by hampering the virus's infection path and removing viable targets from the population. But the big issue with the delayed vaccination plan is if the immunity of the one shot collapses later without the booster, which means you're just wasting vaccines making people only temporarily immune. And also nobody who's had it can actually know if it took because there's no good data on how effective one shot is for the long term, so it's no use to people who are shielding at the moment and there's the risk people will start acting more like pillocks once they've had it.

On the "plus" side if they have any sense they will use the one shot rollout to actually measure the effectiveness so hypothetically we should find out whether it works by the time it... possibly doesn't work.. :v: Assuming of course they don't bury the studies or avoid doing them lest it show them to be loving it up.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 3, 2021

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
There's an additional very severe problem, OwlFancier.

The chance that you develop immunity to some but not all the tricks the vaccine is trying to teach your immune system.

Then when the virus is still spreading uncontrolled, if a virus variant dodging the vaccine appears, it'll spread through these supposedly immune people like wildfire, and then that virus variant has a much higher chance of being immune to all of the vaccine's methods. On top of being everywhere all of a sudden and also killing the vaccinated vulnerable people.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Incidentally it's worth looking out for Avenue 5. It's Armando Iannucci doing sci-fi, so you've probably already got the shape of it. Some of it is *way* too on-the-nose but I think that's just his normal reality distortion field making Americans even more ridiculous.

I have a bone to pick with this thread (and other people online) over Avenue 5.

So I heard from a bunch of places, and read here, how Avenue 5 was really good guys, and that there was a TWIST!

So the wife and I sit down to watch the show, and I think it’s okay. Some good funny bits.
But all the time I’m watching it, I’m waiting for this twist. This thing that will make she show super good.

And I start to see if I can figure out what it’s supposed to be. I see that there is this escalating sense of disaster and bad choices being made and how self-destructive all the casts are.
And I think that all the main characters are maybe patients with a variety of mental health problems and that Avenue 5 is some role playing scenario that started as a way of getting them to solve problems, only now they are all addicted to it and the doctors running the hospital are having to devote more time and resources to keeping the show going.

And then I start thinking there is this Brexit vibe to it, and maybe they are going to say that this show is explicitly about Brexit and how it broke the minds of all involved.

Either way, I’m really looking forward to the twist getting revealed.

And we finish the first season and....nothing.
I literally finished the last episode and said “where was the twist?”

I had to go online and find out that the “twist” was in the first episode about how the crew were all incompetent.
And I was so annoyed at this because that was bloody obvious two minutes into the show.
I spent all this time thinking about what it could be, and it was just what it appeared on the surface. The last time I did something like that was with Korra: The Legend of the Avatar.

Tldr: I spent ages looking for a twist that was never there, and I blame UKMT for it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jakabite posted:

Thirding this. A really underappreciated gem. Me and my partner still shout PAUL BUFANO ITS PAUL BUFANO each other semi-regularly

The hot dog car crash scene is maybe the funniest comedy scene of the past 20 years. It's such a dumb conceit played to absolute perfection because Tim Robinson was given a gift from god at playing outraged to the point of hysteria.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

namesake posted:

There's not really a stats based rebuttal to what they're argung here because most of the time they're focusing on those limited numbers and ignoring context - so December occupancy rates might be the same but with a vastly higher % of them being more severe cases of COVID 19 requiring very limited access to incubators etc so there might hypothetically be the same number of beds around as usual but that's completely worthless if the patient you put in the bed then just drowns in their own fluids. April-June 2020 occupancy is way down from previous years because a shitload of elective operations were cancelled so people were at home rather than in hospital recovering and similarly with A&E the message the public had was 'Don't go to hospital for fucksake' so people didn't go to A&E for lots of reasons as well as all the pubs and workplaces being shut so there were less accidents happening. They disregard the excess deaths in April by flat out lying though - that respiratory death total isn't from the dataset they linked to and the ONS 'deaths in March and April from COVID 19' https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/deathsinvolvingcovid19intheuk specifically says there are 38,000 deaths involving the virus.

So that last point is the major stats-based rebuttal I guess but everything about it is ignoring the context and then finding some combination of numbers that they think means something else was going on.

Edit: To make it perfectly clear that they're lying my link states '5. COVID-19 defined as ICD10 codes U07.1 and U07.2' so they've lied by using the wrong ICD10 code range and claiming it contains something that it doesn't.

That makes things perfectly clear, thank you!

I figured context was the key, but I don't know enough to comment confidently. I'll keep this in my back pocket!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

As far as I understand it, the reason for the multiple vaccine shots is to make sure it actually takes because it can take multiple doses over a period for your immune system to actually "get" what the vaccine is trying to tell it.

So if you don't give enough people enough doses, not enough people will develop immunity enough to stop the disease from being viable within the population (get the R number down and achieve herd immunity)

So I think you can combine vaccination with lockdowns and distancing and that, all of which reduce transmittability by hampering the virus's infection path and removing viable targets from the population. But the big issue with the delayed vaccination plan is if the immunity of the one shot collapses later without the booster, which means you're just wasting vaccines making people only temporarily immune. And also nobody who's had it can actually know if it took because there's no good data on how effective one shot is for the long term, so it's no use to people who are shielding at the moment and there's the risk people will start acting more like pillocks once they've had it.

On the "plus" side if they have any sense they will use the one shot rollout to actually measure the effectiveness so hypothetically we should find out whether it works by the time it... possibly doesn't work.. :v: Assuming of course they don't bury the studies or avoid doing them lest it show them to be loving it up.

AIUI the mechanism seems to be that the immune system has a threshold below which it doesn't bother to "remember" the antigen, possibly to avoid autoimmune problems, allergies, etc. Most infections that actually cause harm are enough to cross that threshold but because you don't want the vaccine to make you as sick as the actual disease you either have to find a way to trick the immune system into thinking the innoculation is as bad as the actual disease by using adjuvants that provoke a larger immune response, or have a booster shot that provokes the original response to flare back up.

The amount of time the "memory" of the original antigen sticks around varies from person to person and vaccine to vaccine, which is why this dosing regime is so risky - even if the >85% protection from the first dose sticks around for a few months for an unknowably large number of those people by the time they eventually get the booster it won't actually provide lasting protection, meaning we will have to restart from scratch (and we also have no data on what happens if people who *do* retain the memory end up getting a third and fourth jab, and/or with an actual infection mixed in there too).

It's an absolutely massive gamble to be taking with an entire population simply because they don't want to lock down any more.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

I have a bone to pick with this thread (and other people online) over Avenue 5.

So I heard from a bunch of places, and read here, how Avenue 5 was really good guys, and that there was a TWIST!

So the wife and I sit down to watch the show, and I think it’s okay. Some good funny bits.
But all the time I’m watching it, I’m waiting for this twist. This thing that will make she show super good.

And I start to see if I can figure out what it’s supposed to be. I see that there is this escalating sense of disaster and bad choices being made and how self-destructive all the casts are.
And I think that all the main characters are maybe patients with a variety of mental health problems and that Avenue 5 is some role playing scenario that started as a way of getting them to solve problems, only now they are all addicted to it and the doctors running the hospital are having to devote more time and resources to keeping the show going.

And then I start thinking there is this Brexit vibe to it, and maybe they are going to say that this show is explicitly about Brexit and how it broke the minds of all involved.

Either way, I’m really looking forward to the twist getting revealed.

And we finish the first season and....nothing.
I literally finished the last episode and said “where was the twist?”

I had to go online and find out that the “twist” was in the first episode about how the crew were all incompetent.
And I was so annoyed at this because that was bloody obvious two minutes into the show.
I spent all this time thinking about what it could be, and it was just what it appeared on the surface. The last time I did something like that was with Korra: The Legend of the Avatar.

Tldr: I spent ages looking for a twist that was never there, and I blame UKMT for it.

...is this some meta-commentary on sarcasm or humour, or did you actually watch a different show?

The twist is literally the entire main storyline where you discover that all of the crew aren't just incompetent, they're literally just actors playing parts to reassure the passengers, and the whole ship is actually automated and a bunch of less-photogenic people behind the scenes are just tending to the machines. It's a wee bit heavy handed as a metaphor for modern society and politics but we're apparently long, long beyond the point where subtlety works

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

...is this some meta-commentary on sarcasm or humour, or did you actually watch a different show?

The twist is literally the entire main storyline where you discover that all of the crew aren't just incompetent, they're literally just actors playing parts to reassure the passengers, and the whole ship is actually automated and a bunch of less-photogenic people behind the scenes are just tending to the machines. It's a wee bit heavy handed as a metaphor for modern society and politics but we're apparently long, long beyond the point where subtlety works

I'm not sure i'd call that "the twist" rather than "yet more bullshit piled atop the ever growing mound". Selling Avenue 5 to someone by saying it has a twist is a weird framing to me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think I got as far as episode 6 before I drifted away. I feel like I got pretty much everything the show had to say unless something amazing happens at the end.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No, not at all.
I had heard from a few different sources “the show has a great twist.”
I said “cool, I’ll watch the show.”
I spent all my time watching the show waiting for this twist, and even trying to see if I could preemptively guess the twist early.

I could not, because the “twist” had happened in episode one, and it was something so obvious that I assumed that there was another, better twist waiting in the wings.

There was not.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

It;s like saying Burn After Reading or The Thick of It has a twist. Maybe, sort of technically correct, but there's no "normal" for it to be a twist from.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

endlessmonotony posted:

There's an additional very severe problem, OwlFancier.

The chance that you develop immunity to some but not all the tricks the vaccine is trying to teach your immune system.

Then when the virus is still spreading uncontrolled, if a virus variant dodging the vaccine appears, it'll spread through these supposedly immune people like wildfire, and then that virus variant has a much higher chance of being immune to all of the vaccine's methods. On top of being everywhere all of a sudden and also killing the vaccinated vulnerable people.

This seems like an issue with how everyone is rolling out the vaccine though, not just the UK. Isn't the only way to ensure you avoid this scenario to basically wait till everywhere has enough vaccine and then try and give it to everyone in like two weeks? Because that isn't going to happen.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

There was not.

That's the twist! :v:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

AIUI the mechanism seems to be that the immune system has a threshold below which it doesn't bother to "remember" the antigen, possibly to avoid autoimmune problems, allergies, etc. Most infections that actually cause harm are enough to cross that threshold but because you don't want the vaccine to make you as sick as the actual disease you either have to find a way to trick the immune system into thinking the innoculation is as bad as the actual disease by using adjuvants that provoke a larger immune response, or have a booster shot that provokes the original response to flare back up.

The amount of time the "memory" of the original antigen sticks around varies from person to person and vaccine to vaccine, which is why this dosing regime is so risky - even if the >85% protection from the first dose sticks around for a few months for an unknowably large number of those people by the time they eventually get the booster it won't actually provide lasting protection, meaning we will have to restart from scratch (and we also have no data on what happens if people who *do* retain the memory end up getting a third and fourth jab, and/or with an actual infection mixed in there too).

It's an absolutely massive gamble to be taking with an entire population simply because they don't want to lock down any more.

fwiw the JCVI is arguing that 1) it does have data for a delay up to 12 weeks based on the Astrazeneca vaccine 2) that lasting immunogenicity is observed to increase with a longer delay between the first and second shot

its statement here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...0-december-2020

and minutes, again: https://app.box.com/s/iddfb4ppwkmtjusir2tc/file/759357623956

there are reasonable questions to raise, like e.g. is the UK health system actually capable of taking advantage of increased supply for a first shot by rapidly ramping up mass vaccination centres (the JCVI contends this is the case, but this wouldn't be the first time science advisors have been overoptimistic on delivery), or is it the case - as the recent doctor's statement argued - that they are constrained to make both appointments upfront. but this is an argument about logistics rather than immunology

ronya fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 3, 2021

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

bustin keaton posted:

Ah, gotcha

Edit for content: I once had a man with van for a flat move in London. He said his most interesting delivery was when some pornographer filled the entire back of the transit with dildos, and he had to unload them all at the Excel centre

if this was recently then the TV crews are going to be in for a shock when they next turn up at the nightingale hospital :/

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Regarde Aduck posted:

This seems like an issue with how everyone is rolling out the vaccine though, not just the UK. Isn't the only way to ensure you avoid this scenario to basically wait till everywhere has enough vaccine and then try and give it to everyone in like two weeks? Because that isn't going to happen.

After the booster you're a lot more immune and the vaccine is designed to give you immunity along multiple facets so it's not dodged by simple mutations.

One simple mutation is not that bad, but then when that spreads you have a variant with a mutation mutating further, randomly changing until it gets past everything the current vaccine has to offer.

It can happen anyway, but a half-vaccinated population without their boosters and with a spreading illness is the ideal situation for novel mutations to emerge. The actual good idea is to lock the hell down until most people are vaccinated but that's a good idea and this is about the British response.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
the current plan is also not the give everyone a first shot but to give the priority group the first and second shots first - the group who, once vaccinated, would cover 99% of the mortality

problem: this group is ~30 million large, so there's plenty of scope for arguing how to allocate available supply within that group

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'd also like to know if a ford transit van full of dildos is a normal amount of dildos for producing a pornography video, because it is a lot more than I would have expected

doubt it will ever be a question on The Chase, mind

maybe if they do a Dutch version idk

crispix fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 3, 2021

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

ronya posted:

- as the recent doctor's statement argued - that they are constrained to make both appointments upfront. but this is an argument about logistics rather than immunology

Guess which parts of the health service have been stripped even more to the bone by austerity cuts? The NHS will preserve frontline staff as much as possible given that they deliver care and the intensely negative media from "losing doctors and nurses". It has done this at the expense of stripping back on support staff. You can be assured that for every 1 in 8 nurse/doctor vacancy you have one harassed secretary/receptionist/outpatient call center booker doing the job of 2-3 people. Early last year our clinics were running partly empty simply because there wasn't enough staff to call patients to let them know about the appointments.

The irony is that we probably do have enough staff to pull deliver the vaccinations between doctors/nurses/pharmacists/medical students but we absolutely will run into massive logistical barriers actually bringing people through to have the jabs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just refuses to back the unions and wants to be shown doing so

https://twitter.com/DanielHewittITV/status/1345767922657062914?s=20
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1345764227412324353

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Nothing will put people off Boris quite like bringing back the hugely successful slogan that he won the last election off the back of.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
It's relevant that case numbers have been increasing despite lockdown conditions that would previously have been sufficient. Rather than holding back vaccine stocks for a couple of weeks to administer as second doses, the plan is to throw a needle into every available arm in the desperate hope that it does some good.
As pointed out, every vaccine used this way results in a person with questionable immunity. The best outcome is that we carry out a large scale study of efficacy and find later on that it gives meaningful benefit. The worst is that it gives no benefit and all the vulnerable people that survive the experiment end up getting three vaccine shots instead of two.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
closing schools is overwhelmingly popular with the public so you think even if he wants to ignore the unions that'd be enough but no mass death for everyone

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

crispix posted:

I'd also like to know if a ford transit van full of dildos is a normal amount of dildos for producing a pornography video, because it is a lot more than I would have expected

The creepy big lad on the chase who married his cousin will know the answer.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

closing schools is overwhelmingly popular with the public so you think even if he wants to ignore the unions that'd be enough but no mass death for everyone

I suspect it may be just that he doesn't want to have "no ifs or buts" quoted back at him because he doesn't have an answer. What matters is having the same opinion, not whether it's a remotely sane one.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Jose posted:

Is it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

crispix posted:

assuming 2 dildos per person that's minimum a few hundred people so I think an impractical number for video purposes

I'm assuming it was some sort of sex expo, a sexpo if you will

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Jose's right, polling has shifted

What was true in the October lockdown is no longer holding for Christmas kinda-lockdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

lmao was reading some drippy Guardian article about Keith and

quote:

"When Deborah Mattinson, the BritainThinks pollster whose deep dives into Leave-leaning areas are read increasingly closely in the leader’s office, asked her focus groups late last year which animal Boris Johnson resembles, the answer was a sheep. Voters saw him as hapless, herded first this way and that, always with someone else nipping at his heels. But Starmer was an eagle, circling high in the sky. That beats being a sheep, obviously; eagles are powerful birds. But they’re also seen as remote and calculating, hovering perpetually out of reach. Who could know what an eagle really thinks? And therein lies his problem.

nice to see the insightful analysis on which the country turns