Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

T-man posted:

whole foods: the pinnacle of human society

It's always fun to go into a whole foods and learn what commonly used ethnic thing is now a superfood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1345512986304278530

agreed

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

do leninism first and you've got a deal

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's always fun to go into a whole foods and learn what commonly used ethnic thing is now a superfood.

buttchugging tumeric enemas now like the mystic gurus of ancient wisdom did

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/DocFeezberg/status/1345497672262664192?s=19

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

getfiscal is the best Twitter poster behind birdsrightsactivist

change my mind

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

that rocks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Red Baron posted:

getfiscal is the best Twitter poster behind birdsrightsactivist

change my mind

wrong, he's better than the bird guy. home town pride and joy as long as he never comes back

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/groomexpert/status/1345508677067931648?s=20

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/i/events/1345509690558480384

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/SpikeFriedman/status/1345529947616526336

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hahahahhahahaha

Did you knows the loving heads on those things are hollow too?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

is this another one?

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hahahahhahahaha

Did you knows the loving heads on those things are hollow too?

are you talking about the funko pops or the queue

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I've shamefully purchased ~60 amiibos online but even then I would still be embarrassed to wait in line to get one much less during a pandemic.

What, new edition of Smash Bros character sold out? gently caress it, I'll pay an extra $10 to a reseller instead of driving to every gamestop in the tri state area trying to find it.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
that is truly shameful

literally shameful, that should make you full of shame

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Flavius Aetass posted:

that is truly shameful

i... agree? ugh, that feels weird

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

don’t buy collectibles

I have a dad with a ton of collectibles and somehow everyone who might pay what he thinks they’re worth also has those same collectibles and is trying to sell them to some other schmuck for the same price because that’s what these collectibles are worth, apparently. except anyone who wants them has them already and is trying to sell them for the same price??

if they make you happy to look at them then cool do it up but I’m going to berate the next person who tells me a dollar value of their Nintendo or Marvel characters like you could or would ever sell them.

or I guess I have friend who basically “scalps” NBA trading cards which is insane to me that he makes any money in the end, but I think he just likes Walmart scavenger hunts and basically breaks even in the end.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

pentyne posted:

IWhat, new edition of Smash Bros character sold out? gently caress it, I'll pay an extra $10 to a reseller instead of driving to every gamestop in the tri state area trying to find it.

you know you can call and ask, right? you don’t have to be there in person to ask if they have something in stock

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s just a photo of a queue, how do we know it’s for funkopopz

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Anime Store Adventure posted:

don’t buy collectibles

I have a dad with a ton of collectibles and somehow everyone who might pay what he thinks they’re worth also has those same collectibles and is trying to sell them to some other schmuck for the same price because that’s what these collectibles are worth, apparently. except anyone who wants them has them already and is trying to sell them for the same price??

if they make you happy to look at them then cool do it up but I’m going to berate the next person who tells me a dollar value of their Nintendo or Marvel characters like you could or would ever sell them.

or I guess I have friend who basically “scalps” NBA trading cards which is insane to me that he makes any money in the end, but I think he just likes Walmart scavenger hunts and basically breaks even in the end.

oh god yes.

I kinda went a little collector spree heavy for a bit and bought way too many, but I have the entire set of Zelda amiibos on display in a spice rack in my room and I love looking at it all the time. The others are tucked away in some boxes in my closet because while they are cool and fun I don't have a dedicated wall to nerd paraphernalia.

The people who keep/buy exclusively new in box have problems the entire point of a toy is to be able to physically handle it and move it around while making the whoosh noises.

also these

pentyne has issued a correction as of 09:56 on Jan 3, 2021

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pentyne posted:

I've shamefully purchased ~60 amiibos online but even then I would still be embarrassed to wait in line to get one much less during a pandemic.

What, new edition of Smash Bros character sold out? gently caress it, I'll pay an extra $10 to a reseller instead of driving to every gamestop in the tri state area trying to find it.

I had no idea what an Amiibo was and now I'm sorry I looked.

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Permit me this moment of vanity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

falconry is a rough business give them a break

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

pentyne posted:

I have the entire set of Zelda amiibos on display in a spice rack in my room and I love looking at it all the time.

The American psycho meme where Christian bale has sex but instead he flexes at the spice rack full of zelda amiibos

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The American psycho meme where Christian bale has sex but instead he flexes at the spice rack full of zelda amiibos

sometimes if the light catches it right it looks like ganondorf is flexing back

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
https://twitter.com/SummerRay/status/1345408548939902978?fbclid=IwAR0VKY2BKrPpvP9HEQUh63aWnk04pUz_YdPr5IA-tW5CyJr4TQXCHEkl5KQ

thoughts

of mischief

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
british people are so ugly omg

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RBC posted:

british people are so ugly omg

they are uglier on the inside

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

don’t buy collectibles

Upon the occasion of my much benighted birth my father bought me several mint condition star wars action figures. In the hopes that they would go up in value.

Needless to say, they did not go up in value.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dreddout posted:

Upon the occasion of my much benighted birth my father bought me several mint condition star wars action figures. In the hopes that they would go up in value.

Needless to say, they did not go up in value.

Now imagine if he invested in bitcoin

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

at least you got some toys, what can you do with bitcoin? I mean you can buy drugs but that's not a good comparison

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Flavius Aetass posted:

that is truly shameful

amiibos are literally the same thing as funko pops, but for nintendo lol

don't they usually only unlock trivial cosmetic stuff in the games too?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

tmfc posted:

amiibos are literally the same thing as funko pops, but for nintendo lol

don't they usually only unlock trivial cosmetic stuff in the games too?

Amiibos at least look better and yes provide the nominal additional value of dlc/cheats on some nintendo games.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/AlexEdelman/status/1345747673341517824?s=19

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I know America is the great melting pot of nations, but still, these names aren't even 'Bobson Dugnutt' level real

a list of casualties from the Star Wars