Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bloody Emissary posted:

I really want to like Geo Grandpa, but at C0 he just feels like a shittier version of Albedo outside of bursting.
That's a good thing though because it means they have to buff Zhongli even harder to make sure he's competitive.

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope I can pull Albedo before the banner is up, because I'm not really feeling Ganyu. The only thing I like is her passive Cryo buff.

Looks like they did change her ascension stat to CRIT DMG, though, so there might be potential for some fun melt headshot shenanigans.
I think she will have some extremely powerful setups, but the x-factor is whether people want to play a character who primarily does charged shots. Personally I really enjoy it (I use the bow more than I should on Childe) and if the 4 stars on her banner are good I might consider it, but there are going to be people who roll on her and then get mad they have to use aimed shots to do damage when that's pretty much what has always been advertised.

If you're rolling for Ganyu because she's cute, that's fine, carry on.

If you're rolling for Ganyu because of her Burst support and Cryo application prospects, hold off until people test how good that actually is.

If you're rolling for Ganyu as a DPS, understand she is Charged Shot-based and that is how you are probably going to have to play her to maximize her power. It's good, because all her damage will be Cryo, but just understand that's how she is clearly intended to work. If you don't want to do that, and don't want her for one of the preceding reasons, don't roll.

Unless Xingqiu is on the banner in which case all bets are loving off and it's Bennett+Albedo all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/toriosaee/status/1344789619796283393?s=20

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Cattail Prophet posted:

I think the way it works is that the value that just says plunge damage is what you deal to anything you hit during your descent, and then the low/high values are for the AOE when you land.

E: The weirdest thing I've noticed about plunge attacks is that Ningguang's doesn't share any of the rock breaking properties of her normals, even though I'm pretty sure it still does geo damage. It's just as useless for mining purposes as all the other catalyst and bow attacks. Guessing this probably applies to Klee, too.

Can confirm, dive attacks with Klee don't touch rocks.

It's pretty dumb since she basically becomes a huge missile flying towards the ground, but MiHoYo probably just has plunge attacks coded differently and they only see that it's a catalyst user and makes it do no damage to ore.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Claymore plunges, however, do break ores quite well. I never tried it but I presume Noelle with her Burst active can just crack an entire mining node with a plunge.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol at the sacrificial sword r4. Gimmie dat last one!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sorry, I know it came up before but should I swap my C4 Ningguang from Eye of Perception to the Widsith? I've got a pair of Widsith but I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

this survey really wants to know why im not climbing on top of albedo's elevator and spending my time not hitting anything below.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Nakar posted:

Her normal attack animation string is very clean though, I like it, but the numbers on it are terrible so you're clearly not supposed to be doing it.
I'm a little worried about potential randomness on her Burst, but at least the Cryo application rate seems quite high.

Unfortunately the enemy and environment choice, compounded by effects and all them pixels, made it really hard to tell. It looked like her flower deployed, froze, then froze again without expiring, which might mean it lived through the first attack or that it pulses multiple times. Her burst was weird. It's huge (yay!) and it appears to last long enough to pull off some good melts (double yay!) but I couldn't tell if the falling shards were actual objects or if they're just there for effect. At one point she permafroze two hydro fatties and I'm not sure if that's because it just kept proccing fast or because RNG dictated they got hit a few times.

The charged shot thing might be unique but I don't see it fitting in with current teams. It'd need to hit like a truck on a melt to really work. Maybe Hu Tao has a really good fire aura that would make that work.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sorry, I know it came up before but should I swap my C4 Ningguang from Eye of Perception to the Widsith? I've got a pair of Widsith but I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not.

Eye of Perception is the best 4* for her at the moment

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Mailer posted:

Unfortunately the enemy and environment choice, compounded by effects and all them pixels, made it really hard to tell. It looked like her flower deployed, froze, then froze again without expiring, which might mean it lived through the first attack or that it pulses multiple times. Her burst was weird. It's huge (yay!) and it appears to last long enough to pull off some good melts (double yay!) but I couldn't tell if the falling shards were actual objects or if they're just there for effect. At one point she permafroze two hydro fatties and I'm not sure if that's because it just kept proccing fast or because RNG dictated they got hit a few times.

The charged shot thing might be unique but I don't see it fitting in with current teams. It'd need to hit like a truck on a melt to really work. Maybe Hu Tao has a really good fire aura that would make that work.

She was freezing those dudes because it's raining during that part of the story and from what I could tell there were shards targeting them (or at least falling close enough, who knows) while they were close to each other, so I guess the damage must happen in an aoe when it hits

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mailer posted:

Hu Tao can apply a Pyro DoT so maybe. I get the sense she's meant to be a carry though, as is Ganyu, so I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to run two carries together. Xiangling doesn't work because she's got to be in melee range, which is where Ganyu doesn't want to be. She admittedly has a backdash on her skill but it still sounds weak to me.

I guess you could run Amber?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol I swapped c6 Noelle from glads to retracing bolide and ate the pieces to level them up and uhhhhhhjjjjhhhsnsnsnsjs lost like 600 atk 200 def and I’m trying to pretend it was a smart move not terrible because I swapped to a geo cup and got some good crit stats but lol still down to like 4k atk from 4600 ulting.

Stronger shield and more crit and I feel like I’m seeing a lot of 8k ult hits when they were 6k but goddddddd I wish I didn’t eat the first set even Def Glads isn’t something I can use on others.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just took a crit% hat with cdmg sub 1-12 and every roll landed in the EM sub 🙃

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I like how one of the complaints you can choose in the survey is essentially "my healer is Barbara"

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man, that survey if you've never used Albedo, the weapon, or did the event is absolutely tiny. Which I guess makes sense, but still, easiest 30k mora I've ever made.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

S.J. posted:

Widsith is much better for general use. For "normal" use Solar pearl > Widsith > Eye of Perception (with the gap between solar pearl and widsith being pretty small).

Eye of Perception will only do potentially better in some special circumstances where you get full value out of its special effect. It's also much easier to gear for a weapon with a Crit substat than a weapon with ATK.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 3, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Man, that survey if you've never used Albedo, the weapon, or did the event is absolutely tiny. Which I guess makes sense, but still, easiest 30k mora I've ever made.

There was a resin question so there's hope!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Solar Pearl is better, surely? I mean, it's less fun having one fewer projectile buzzing about, but the crit and passive are amazing on her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Osmosisch posted:

Solar Pearl is better, surely? I mean, it's less fun having one fewer projectile buzzing about, but the crit and passive are amazing on her.

I think they were being nice and just limiting their advice to the two weapons that I actually had. I'm getting the Serpent Spine first anyway once I buy the battle pass so I still won't have it.

Andrast posted:

Widsith is much better for general use. For "normal" use Solar pearl > Widsith > Eye of Perception (with the gap between solar pearl and widsith being pretty small).

Eye of Perception will only do potentially better in some special circumstances where you get full value out of its special effect. It's also much easier to gear for a weapon with a Crit substat than a weapon with ATK.

Really? Easier how then?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RareAcumen posted:

Really? Easier how then?

Somewhere in the last few days a goon posted a data chart on probability of artifact slot X piece to roll Y stat. Crit damage and crit rate are the two lowest chance stats, somewhere in the 9-10% range. You're going to have a far easier time acquiring crit rate on a weapon that has it as a sub stat and pumps it 25+% than you are stacking a crit rate helmet and crit rate substat rolls. This goes for any character whose talents don't give them crit by default.

By comparison, ATK% as a main stat and ATK flat and/or % as substat are far easier to roll. You shouldn't have a problem getting ATK% up on artifacts - if anything, early game that's what you want, and late game only cuts it in favor of crit and phys/elem DMG%. Most characters will still run ATK% sands.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 3, 2021

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I think they were being nice and just limiting their advice to the two weapons that I actually had. I'm getting the Serpent Spine first anyway once I buy the battle pass so I still won't have it.

Oh right context sorry. Either way Eye is definitely the more entertaining of the two, I only switch to Pearl if I'm feeling particularly sweaty.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You're not leveling any new characters, or at least (wisely) not leveling them to 80 or 90.

If you were to level a new character from 0 to 90 alongside a 5* weapon and all their talents, it would cost a total of over 6 million mora, plus all the xp books and enhancement crystals and weekly boss mats.

At the highest I had like 11 million Mora, but once I got to AR 50 and got Diluc and Fischl (plus their weapons) to 90 that dropped right fast even with none of them having more than level 8 talents. And then 1.2 came out and started handing out wishes for getting the other characters levels up...

Long story short I now have 300k Mora left. But at least the free wishes got me Qiqi and Fischl's C6.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Osmosisch posted:

Oh right context sorry. Either way Eye is definitely the more entertaining of the two, I only switch to Pearl if I'm feeling particularly sweaty.

Yeah the reality of this poo poo is that unless you really care about the abyss it does not matter

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mailer posted:

I think if you want to run carry Ganyu you'd run a freeze team with her. She can hit 80% crit rate against frozen targets with the blizzard artifact set and cryo resonance so just give her a little bit of crit rate then you can stack crit damage to the moon.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

zgrowler2 posted:

Somewhere in the last few days a goon posted a data chart on probability of artifact slot X piece to roll Y stat. Crit damage and crit rate are the two lowest chance stats, somewhere in the 9-10% range. You're going to have a far easier time acquiring crit rate on a weapon that has it as a sub stat and pumps it 25+% than you are stacking a crit rate helmet and crit rate substat rolls. This goes for any character whose talents don't give them crit by default.

By comparison, ATK% as a main stat and ATK flat and/or % as substat are far easier to roll. You shouldn't have a problem getting ATK% up on artifacts - if anything, early game that's what you want, and late game only cuts it in favor of crit and phys/elem DMG%. Most characters will still run ATK% sands.

On the other hand:

if you have a crit dmg substat on your weapon then you need crit stats from both your circlet and your other substats for it to not be 'wasted'
whereas if you have an ATK damage substat on your weapon you can just ignore crit and build atk on everything and still be 90% of the "optimal" dps without needing any substat rng at all

0-crit all-attack builds are actually higher damage than crit builds IF your substats are all useless. you need a certain amount of crit chance & damage rolls on your artifacts before crit is better

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 3, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Nakar posted:

I guess you could run Amber?

Charged Amber->Charged Ganyu->repeat would both be hilarious and insane if it did carry-level damage. She'd be the ridiculous queen of the youtube crit comp.

Ibblebibble posted:

I think if you want to run carry Ganyu you'd run a freeze team with her. She can hit 80% crit rate against frozen targets with the blizzard artifact set and cryo resonance so just give her a little bit of crit rate then you can stack crit damage to the moon.

That's usually where you'd use a cryo carry... but she doesn't get the Chongus cryo effect. I guess if you had a good way to AoE apply water at range and the cryo set+res bonus plus some really jacked stats (even if it's just the double charge) you could turn her arrow into an aoe bomb. Mona's spirit taunt sounds like it'd conflict with Ganyu's flower taunt so I'm not sure how to close this loop unless the falling ice is cosmetic and she just procs fast in which case Mona's E and Ganyu's Q (and Bennet's Q, because you're at range) would drop a nuke.

Bow is so weird in this game. Amber's bow is shield killing only. Diona/Fischl/Venti have a bow but who cares. Childe has a bow and your goal is to not use it. :v:

It makes it very hard trying to imagine teams where she'd work as a carry outside of special content.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Mora is a pretty ridiculous grind. The last event gave out something like 3 or 4 million over its duration but this one was only like 1 mil total. By comparison actually farming mora ley lines gives way less than that.

I'd recommend doing those expeditions for it every day. 10k a round doesn't seem like much but it adds up over time.

That being said, they're going to need to add a new source of it in if costs keep expanding like this.

Also, the AA on Childe's bow is a good if you build for it right. On top of that, with prototype crescent he does banana's snipe damage early on. No clue how it is later since I have Viridescent Hunt but I doubt that's changed.

There needs to be an artifact or character that charges snipes faster to make snipe viable as a dps method. Maybe Ganyu will do this.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 3, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I want a character who can charge bow shots up without having to go into super-zoomed-in-slow-walking mode until you're done charging and about to shoot.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mailer posted:

Charged Amber->Charged Ganyu->repeat would both be hilarious and insane if it did carry-level damage. She'd be the ridiculous queen of the youtube crit comp.

That's usually where you'd use a cryo carry... but she doesn't get the Chongus cryo effect. I guess if you had a good way to AoE apply water at range and the cryo set+res bonus plus some really jacked stats (even if it's just the double charge) you could turn her arrow into an aoe bomb. Mona's spirit taunt sounds like it'd conflict with Ganyu's flower taunt so I'm not sure how to close this loop unless the falling ice is cosmetic and she just procs fast in which case Mona's E and Ganyu's Q (and Bennet's Q, because you're at range) would drop a nuke.

Bow is so weird in this game. Amber's bow is shield killing only. Diona/Fischl/Venti have a bow but who cares. Childe has a bow and your goal is to not use it. :v:

It makes it very hard trying to imagine teams where she'd work as a carry outside of special content.

She doesn't need shatter when she can do 60k headshots, mate. She's got crazy-good multipliers on her charged shot.

Also I object to Fischl bow not mattering, but that's mostly because I enjoy playing her as a carry.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

bandaid.friend posted:

I have achieved my stupid dream. All my weapons are pretty now, and I am out of money

What’s with the one 3 star weapon without refinement?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s with the one 3 star weapon without refinement?

That's the Dark Iron Sword. It doesn't show up on any chest or gacha drop tables anywhere in the game. You can get exactly 1 ever, from a dialogue option with Chen the Sharp in Liyue.

no I don't know why

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

She doesn't need shatter when she can do 60k headshots, mate. She's got crazy-good multipliers on her charged shot.

I didn't see that, but to be fair that video was all large pixels. :v:

That's kind of what I'm talking about - if you can 60k crit raw (and assuming this isn't some staged crit comp/whalestats thing) that's insane. I'd assume they'd nerf that down before release but how far would it be nerfed down? If it's too low then people yell but it'll be great when a fire aura character is released. If it's too high then she looks fine on release and becomes THE carry when a fire aura comes out... which will suck. If I assume her solo crits won't be that insane it's hard trying to pick a team out with the current roster.

Side note: I wasn't talking about Shatter - I was talking about avoiding shatter to keep enemies frozen and getting your cryo damage buff AND the crit buff vs frozen.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are the things you collect for the tree time limited to the event?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are the things you collect for the tree time limited to the event?

I don't think so--there's a new Weekly BP thing for doing 5 Crimson Wishes, so I assume it's going to stay around.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

I don't think so--there's a new Weekly BP thing for doing 5 Crimson Wishes, so I assume it's going to stay around.

Thanks.

How am I suppose to beat the Ruin Hunter for the Nine Pillars of Peace quest? The second buff stone that spawns is impossible to kill because the game keeps auto targeting onto the rolling rock dude. I have the quest to get WL4 (I think) and I’m afraid to finish that one before getting this done because I already can’t beat him as it is.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Boris Galerkin posted:

Thanks.

How am I suppose to beat the Ruin Hunter for the Nine Pillars of Peace quest? The second buff stone that spawns is impossible to kill because the game keeps auto targeting onto the rolling rock dude. I have the quest to get WL4 (I think) and I’m afraid to finish that one before getting this done because I already can’t beat him as it is.

Like anything else, coop with 3 pals

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So this is my current roster:

I've been running Diluc/Xiangling/Fishcel/Barbara but since I recently got Albedo & Bennett I've been looking for some new team comps to try. Any good suggestions?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Boris Galerkin posted:

Thanks.

I just spin2winned those stones down with Noelle, don't know what to tell you.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

BexGu posted:

I've been running Diluc/Xiangling/Fishcel/Barbara but since I recently got Albedo & Bennett I've been looking for some new team comps to try. Any good suggestions?

The Diluc/Bennett is a great core of a team and you can throw anyone around them.

If I was doing maximum tryhard I would do Diluc/Bennet/Anemo MC/Kaeya

Bennett Ult, MC swirl for pyro vv debuff, Kaeya Ult, Diluc goes ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

BexGu posted:

The above is a good team. Bennett + Diluc is a can't go wrong duo for sure. But if you want to use both Bennett and Albedo, here's some ideas:

Diluc carry: Diluc Bennett Albedo (Fish/Babs) - depending if you want to do overloads or vaporizes, and whether getting frozen is going to be an issue. This should take less effort in levels/gear.

Double geo Ning carry: Ning Albedo Bennett (Xiangling/Fish) - double fire vs. fish's excellent dmg with her Ascension 4 talent that works with geo crystallize reactions - which is better is going to depend on your gear and constellations. Ning will take more work to get up to carry status, and will need a solid weapon to be good. Solar Pearl from the banner if you're thinking about paying :10bux: is excellent. The Widsith and Eye of Perception (or any of the 5* catalysts) are solid options as well if you've gotten one of them from gacha.

You can also do double geo double fire with Ning doing burst support with Prototype Amber (aka Prototype Malice) which is a craftable weapon - she will give out heals to the whole party every time she ults.
Diluc Bennett Ning Albedo