Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Amy Pole Her posted:

Y’all banned Man With Dog. Stick by the decision.

I reserve the right to waffle on any decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
When the dog is too crazy on a rainy day, she gets the thundershirt. Today, it came with a bonus!

"y u do this"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

D-LINK posted:

drat, dog

Hey, I make no bones about it; I was self-medicating PTSD and major depression, and if I hadn't gotten help, I was going to be in a grave by the time I was 30. I'll be 37 this year, and to me, every day is a gift of borrowed time. That's why I am very open with my email address and my phone number with people who think they might have issues with alcohol; I'm agnostic regarding recovery methods (I don't push people to AA or inpatient treatment or anything, I just sit back and listen), but I have taken more than a half-dozen goons to their first AA meeting or to an intake session at a treatment facility, I've sat on the phone and just listened to probably 15 other goons just sob their way through their poo poo--no judgment, just listening--and I'll continue doing so, because if a hand hadn't been there for me, I'd be dead by now, so it's my responsibility to continue extending that hand.

You'll never be stronger in your life than you are in the moment when you say to another human being, "Look, I need help and I can't do this alone. Can you help me?"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Good for you man, for real.

My Grandma was a horrendous alcoholic when my Mom was young. Lots of vodka-related self medication to cope with an unhappy marriage in the 1950s. By all rights I shouldn't even know her, but like you she made a choice to save her own life. She's turning 90 in May and I couldn't imagine my family without her. Just a titan of energy and love, and just as huge for all the people she has helped in AA.

People like you and my Grandma help so many people just by being alive and being yourselves, so thanks for being here.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/mariannefavro/status/1345723045164404737

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
"Frank you need a mask under there."
"Surely not with this inflatable christmas tree completely enveloping me!"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

This is horrible but I can't stop laughing at that picture

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/788928211929427968?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hot Diggity! posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That blows.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Choose. Choose the form of the the destructor.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It’s always so disappointing when you have to acknowledge someones broken clock moment, this was Rovell’s

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hot Diggity! posted:

The face of death

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2356_story.html

Full audio and transcript

14:20 - "Um, we don’t agree that you have won."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I mean we're well past the point where there's a difference between "I'm contesting the election because it will let me continue to get paid/build influence/not get blacklisted etc." and "I'm contesting the election because I truly believe that Trump won". You could convince me that Trump thinks he actually won but no other GOP figure has that excuse. And then their millions of supporters hear that and default to the latter of those two views because the first one almost certainly doesn't apply to them.

The one bright side to all this is that when Trump spends the rest of his life hootin and hollerin about this election, it'll stop us from immediately sweeping the Trump presidency under the rug and we'll have to continue to think about at the mess we put ourselves in. That is, if we as a nation are capable of any amount of introspection lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

C-Euro posted:

Good can we get a different intro/outro to MBMBAM now

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1345853609175560193

looooool

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

It's going to be extremely jarring to hear a new song, wonder if they'll change the intro entirely

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Oh I thought bean dad was just him being a lovely dad, I saw the other tweets and y i k e s

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Apparently the linoleum in my kitchen isn't glued down which in this case is nice because I'm going to replace it with vinyl planks

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

IT'S NACHO

https://twitter.com/badsandwich/status/1345860262855892992?s=19

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

My head explodes

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

Oh I thought bean dad was just him being a lovely dad, I saw the other tweets and y i k e s
Bean Dad sucks and so do the people who are defending him

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Wait what happened I'm not wading through a twitter storm for this

E. Beyond the initial thread of course

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

Apparently the linoleum in my kitchen isn't glued down which in this case is nice because I'm going to replace it with vinyl planks

That's a blessing if true. I got the linoleum off my kitchen floor while cleaning up from Harvey and that was a multi day son of a bitch that involved a shitload of boiling hot water and a floor scraper.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

turns out bean dad says a lot of bad poo poo but its ok because the jeopardy guy says he's pro israel

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1345844518415814657

edit:
RIP bean dad

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 3, 2021

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

Lots of anti Semitic stuff, n word use, the usual.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A very correct Bean Dad take

https://twitter.com/dionnewarwick/status/1345864247939514369?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turned out bean dad had some very cool things to say

https://twitter.com/nwclerk1989/status/1345861963864297473

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bean Dad deleted his account lol

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Lol motherfucker’s name is now Bean Dad. His daughter’s going to call him Bean Dad.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well, that was one of the quicker milkshake ducks I've seen in a while

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

Turned out bean dad had some very cool things to say

https://twitter.com/nwclerk1989/status/1345861963864297473

Holy loving poo poo wow

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Ken Jennings defending Bean Dad himself out of the Jeopardy host job

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Bean Dad deleted his account lol

Cancel culture run amok clearly.

Man that guy's poo poo seems way worse than the athletes who everyone got mad at for stuff they said when they were, like 13. And he was a grown rear end man at the time. One who apparently considers himself some kind of great intellectual.

e: he woulda been 40-something during all of those.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Wrong thread

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The initial response to Bean Dad was classic internet over-reaction to something kinda crummy but ultimately benign, but everything after that is Y I K E S

I wish Ken Jennings would stop defending him :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's a classic case of someone defending an extremely lovely person simply because they're friends

We've all done it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

man I wonder why ken jennings was imploring people to not go searching old tweets

https://twitter.com/AMan4AllSaisons/status/1345870969160740864

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lmfao

The maximum acceptable length for a podcast intro/outro, if you use the same one each episode, is however long Giant Bomb's intro/outro is. Otherwise you have be like Uhh Yeah Dude and use different music each episode.

Also my favorite line from RGD about the issue-

Pham Nuwen posted:

Twitter is a game where you bet your livelihood that every joke is gonna land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Timby posted:

Hey, I make no bones about it; I was self-medicating PTSD and major depression, and if I hadn't gotten help, I was going to be in a grave by the time I was 30. I'll be 37 this year, and to me, every day is a gift of borrowed time. That's why I am very open with my email address and my phone number with people who think they might have issues with alcohol; I'm agnostic regarding recovery methods (I don't push people to AA or inpatient treatment or anything, I just sit back and listen), but I have taken more than a half-dozen goons to their first AA meeting or to an intake session at a treatment facility, I've sat on the phone and just listened to probably 15 other goons just sob their way through their poo poo--no judgment, just listening--and I'll continue doing so, because if a hand hadn't been there for me, I'd be dead by now, so it's my responsibility to continue extending that hand.

You'll never be stronger in your life than you are in the moment when you say to another human being, "Look, I need help and I can't do this alone. Can you help me?"

It sucks that a guy with this mindset is saddled with physical problems. It seems unjust

Intruder posted:

Sheet vinyl is normally only glued at the edges