Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sivart13 posted:

I think the kid is in some kind of shared custody arrangement anyway, so the most likely outcome without this tweetstorm is his daughter telling her mom how much of a dipshit dad was today.

lol if you have a joint custody agreement you should really, really not be publicly posting about your tough-love bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

eke out posted:

lol if you have a joint custody agreement you should really, really not be publicly posting about your tough-love bullshit

"your honor here are the tweets that bump my weird co-parent down to three hours of supervised visitation a week" seems like a slam dunk if you have had enough of this poo poo imo

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It’s joint custody but he has been living with the mother and child for the last year or so, it’s not adversarial

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Till she gets a new partner who doesn't play weird rear end games.

I watched a coparenting live in divorce fall apart in slow motion when that poo poo happened.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I can only imagine Justin is getting double bombarded about this on Twitter today since it hits him from two vectors.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
lmao

There is an astonishingly large percentage of people who can't social media without slurring at one point in time. It's remarkable.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I;m thinking about thos beans

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The only bean dad I care about is Tommy Smirl and his lovely drink

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Not going to defend anything else, but "student of Hitler" in that context almost certainly means "studied how Hitler became who he was and came to power" and not like "bit fan of Hitler, wish he was my mentor" like some Twitter folks are accusing. Bad phrasing certainly, but yeah.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Trapick posted:

Not going to defend anything else, but "student of Hitler" in that context almost certainly means "studied how Hitler became who he was and came to power" and not like "bit fan of Hitler, wish he was my mentor" like some Twitter folks are accusing. Bad phrasing certainly, but yeah.

what about this one

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/332997057260449793

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

I;m thinking about thos beans

i just got a twitter notification that someone interacted with a tweet i made in 2018 about the thos beans guy. People are going deep into the bean tweet cut.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If thou solveth my riddles three
Then sumptuous beans shall be served to thee...
But if thou fail to earn thine treat
All of Twitter shall behold thine defeat!

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Did you read that thread? It's really clear he's being "edgy" and playing a persona. I'm not saying he isn't lovely, but he starts that thread by saying it's unbelievable and an outrage that a black girl got expelled for bullshit reasons, then goes into edgy ironic humor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you're being racist ironically, you're still being racist.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Y'know, and all the lovely slurs he uses outside the thin veil of irony as well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trapick posted:

Did you read that thread? It's really clear he's being "edgy" and playing a persona. I'm not saying he isn't lovely, but he starts that thread by saying it's unbelievable and an outrage that a black girl got expelled for bullshit reasons, then goes into edgy ironic humor.

huh it's weird how he keeps adopting this persona that lets him talk about how sick of us Jews he is and use other slurs.

Love to say the n-word, but like, wearing a mask so it's okay.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'when I called that guy the k-slur I was wearing my jester hat, which means it's okay'.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hey, I need a 40-something liberal white guy to rank the acceptability of slurs for various mistreated minority groups that he is not a part of. Can anyone help me out? I’d prefer if you could make it concise, maybe less than 140 characters?

Oh, thanks John!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

every time roderick's done a live intro for the show he sounded like he couldn't possibly give less of a poo poo

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Yes I totally said it's fine to say slurs if being edgy, that's definitely what I was saying.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Trapick posted:

Sure, but you have to be funny to pull that off. That thread just sucks.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sure, but you have to be funny to pull that off. That thread just sucks.
Absolutely agree. He's at the very least an unfunny rear end in a top hat, I just don't think he rises to actual nazi level.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seems to be "This is what right wingers think I am very smart for saying it aloud myself" ironicism.

Before that one skeleton learned "When you do racism ironically your still doing it. I just learned this and now you know too"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bean Dad sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1345847635559768064

Also present: the dude supporting Jen Kirkman, famously racist and antisemitic freak who got her brain broken by Bernie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wonder how this'll affect Bean Juice sales

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol yup

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1345853685902036994

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

lmao I guess I was wrong, they should make it a jimmy buffet song

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lmao dropped faster than nick

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

just make the theme griffin space jam dot com

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I mean considering Griffin's music making hobby and the fact that I'm sure by now they know tons of small artists who'd love to be the theme I'm completely unsurprised, there's literally no reason to keep the dude around even minorly

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

inferis posted:

Its gonna be Jimmy Buffet or Lin Manuel Miranda

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Pretty fuckin' excited for a new theme. Kinda hate this one, and skip it every time.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
It's going to take Griff like 30 tries to learn the new outro.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lol, meanwhile Ken Jennings going with, “White guy saying some problematic poo poo, and people are starting to look into his past tweets? Now is when I publicly defend him because surely nothing will come out that makes that a stupid thing to do.”

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/1345831929266855936?s=21

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

inferis posted:

Yeah nothing problematic about that dude.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I would like the intro to be a remix of Griffin doing Rugrats and Justin singing A Pizzaroll Sang at Berkley Square.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This poo poo hilarious

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Lol, meanwhile Ken Jennings going with, “White guy saying some problematic poo poo, and people are starting to look into his past tweets? Now is when I publicly defend him because surely nothing will come out that makes that a stupid thing to do.”

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/1345831929266855936?s=21

lol this one is way better:

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1345844518415814657

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Open and close every episode with a half-tempo lounge rendition of Send In The Clowns performed on the spot each time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010