Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lol, I’m shocked that the liberal Mormon is opposed to severing ties with someone with a history of saying racist poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

lol

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Welp, one final thanks to John Roderick and the long winters for the use of our theme song it’s a departure off the album putting the days to bed

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Welp, one final thanks to John Roderick and the long winters for the use of our theme song it’s a departure off the album putting the days to bed

For years I thought "it's a departure" was a slang way of saying "it's a single from" the album.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Incredible that Ken Jennings is doubling down on this when he put out an apology for his own lovely tweets like three days ago

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Zero One posted:

For years I thought "it's a departure" was a slang way of saying "it's a single from" the album.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

aware of dog posted:

Incredible that Ken Jennings is doubling down on this when he put out an apology for his own lovely tweets like three days ago

yeahh not a great look lmao

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This probably means Friendly Fire is cancelled, which too bad I like that one

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

john’s podcasts are so good the week after the internet yells at him and this is by far the biggest incident he’s been in

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/dionnewarwick/status/1345864247939514369?s=21

E: lol bean dad deleted his account

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wonder if they’ll replace it with a similar song, or an enjoyable one.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Time to bring back ABBA, boys.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Hey good girls
Do you wanna [serving of baked beans]
Just say hey I wanna [solve your masterful puzzle]
Just say hey I wanna [overcome the bean trial]

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bring back 3 stacks

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

aware of dog posted:

probably found out he wasn't getting jeopardy

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Lol welp that fell apart quickly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

https://twitter.com/rileighsmirl/status/1345849785702621188?s=19

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Found the next munch squad sponsor

https://twitter.com/BushsBeans/status/1343636760413278209?s=20

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I saw this one kn twitter and thats how i found out. loving lmao.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ariong posted:

I wonder if they’ll replace it with a similar song, or an enjoyable one.

I hope they choose a song that's familiar but not TOO familiar

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
2021 starts off on the dumbest note but it's a good one

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's going to take Griff like 30 tries to learn the new outro.

he's going to be so completely focused on not screwing that up that he will be half participating in the initial ep.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Shinjobi posted:

2021 starts off on the dumbest note but it's a good one

"Hey y'all,..."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

aware of dog posted:

Christ I hope they give the Jeopardy job to LeVar Burton

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/613226696263667712

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

How does this keep happening

Fuckin twitter nostradamus or somethin

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/topntran/status/1345871057140387840

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Toaster Beef posted:

Pretty fuckin' excited for a new theme. Kinda hate this one, and skip it every time.

It's so bad! It's forgettable fartrock that doesn't match the retch of the show, and the volume is so much louder than it needs to be.

I like MBMBAM, but the theme song (and 95% of the ads, I'm looking at you Dr Gameshow) is not good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Lmao bean dad deleted his Twitter

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the shmanners theme kicks rear end

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

ghost emoji posted:

It's so bad! It's forgettable fartrock that doesn't match the retch of the show, and the volume is so much louder than it needs to be.

I like MBMBAM, but the theme song (and 95% of the ads, I'm looking at you Dr Gameshow) is not good.

Yeah, pretty much this. Even when they changed to it and got away from the old music it felt very like "we had to find something we could legally use and this one guy said okay" and they never really changed it again after that.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Besides being the guy who makes the theme for MBMBAM, I never knew much else about Roderick. Being minimally invested in the Mcelroy extended universe pays out once again.

Actually just being minimally invested in any media you consume seems to be the right move.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

tired: bean dad
wired: bo en and (augustus)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Its loving unbelievable to me that literally nobody would inform any of the three Extremely Online hosts of the podcast in eight years that the guy who wrote the song they use all the time is Actually Bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think that would require people to give a poo poo about John Roderick

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

NieR Occomata posted:

Its loving unbelievable to me that literally nobody would inform any of the three Extremely Online hosts of the podcast in eight years that the guy who wrote the song they use all the time is Actually Bad.

Because nobody takes the time to dig through some lame dude’s old tweets until he does a whoopsie like this

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
are you saying you weren't a rabid follower of twitter superstar john roderick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I think that would require people to give a poo poo about John Roderick

really can't be stated enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Considering there’s a whole section of Twitter devoted to hating the three of them, down to referring them with asterisks in their names, considering that Something Sensitive loving exists, which is literally entirely devoted to taking down randos on this dead gay forum, the insane level of mental gymnastics you’d have to go through to justify that somehow they never knew about his lovely beliefs for eight years defies belief. It is, quite literally, unbelievable.