Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lammasu posted:

Did I wish on a monkey's paw for just the right amount of money to get a Series X but it not being in stock anywhere?

this but a GPU that can hit 60 in Flight Sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lammasu posted:

Did I wish on a monkey's paw for just the right amount of money to get a Series X but it not being in stock anywhere?

Right now, kind of, stock should stabilize over the next few months.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve heard good things about immortal phone riser and it’s $30 after only a month. People that buy ubi games at launch must be the biggest rubes

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Haven't played it myself but had a Cohh stream on in the background and every time I looked the game genuinely looked really awesome in every way. Since launch it seems to have completely tanked on Twitch however while people are still going nuts over Genshin Impact which is also a Zelda ripoff but actually does have all the microtransaction junk that costs a fortune.

It's funny how neither game cares about how blatant they are at copying Zelda but they both look incredible and have really nice visuals, shame it's a choice between Ubisoft with Immortals or microtransaction hell with whatever Chinese company it was that made Genshin Impact. Both games seem to have done excellent jobs of copying however so I wonder if we'll see more blatant Nintendo copies in the future? I imagine these development teams could easily put out immaculate Smash Bros/Mario Kart clones.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Genshin Impact is F2P and full of waifu/husbando collection mechanics so yeah it was always going to get more attention.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Genshin Impact is F2P and full of waifu/husbando collection mechanics so yeah it was always going to get more attention.

There is one specific characters that men who play the game have especially latched onto, i'll give you a hint; its a child character.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

There is one specific characters that men who play the game have especially latched onto, i'll give you a hint; its a child character.

I DID NOT WANT THIS HINT

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Barudak posted:

I DID NOT WANT THIS HINT

Do not consume anime hth

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

I DID NOT WANT THIS HINT

I just installed it yesterday to see what all the fuss was about. Not my kind of fuss. :yikes:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Of course the nice-looking Zelda clone with blue skies and nice grass has anime children :negative:

I don't think that Immortal has anything like that, though? From what I saw it seemed to focus on Greek mythology and seemed lighthearted and fun. Looked to have some varied areas as well but I just really like that Summer look :unsmith:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Luckily there's nothing gross about Ubisoft.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Game pass got me to play titanfall 2 finally. Titanfall 2 is a good game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

People that buy ubi games at launch must be the biggest rubes

:grin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played AC Valhalla on PC and it was one of the buggiest games I've ever seen in my life, holding the WR for about 30 days.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was genuinely impressed that CDPR managed to make a console game buggier than the venerable PS3 port of Fallout New Vegas, which until last month was the console game that I’ve seen crash the most.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was genuinely impressed that CDPR managed to make a console game buggier than the venerable PS3 port of Fallout New Vegas, which until last month was the console game that I’ve seen crash the most.

I'm close to wrapping up all the achievements on Series X and I've only had two crashes (the pretty-good auto save system meant I only lost a handful of minutes of progress). I've had way more casual glitchiness than things being outright broken.

In general I feel like I'm playing a different game than almost everyone else. I'm having an okay time with it and there are some really interesting side-quests. I do not like the leveling/skill tree system at all and I think it's so easy to lock yourself out of interesting things.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m playing it on PS4 Pro with an internal SSD and it’s easily the most crash-prone console game I’ve ever experienced. It’s a shame because I really like the game, it’s so annoying having to constantly quick save.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Game pass got me to play titanfall 2 finally. Titanfall 2 is a good game

Everyone follow this example.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

So I tried Greedfall for a bit. I got heavy Risen vibes from it.
Is it from the same makers?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

adhuin posted:

So I tried Greedfall for a bit. I got heavy Risen vibes from it.
Is it from the same makers?

No, Risen is Pyranha Bites and Greedfall is Spiders, they're both eurojank developers, though.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ahh. The Eurojank feeling. That was it.

I'm looking forward to playing it.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The buggiest game i have ever played is still ps4 Spider-Man. It took me at least 5 tries to select new game without it giving me the blue screen, missions routinely crash in cutcenes randomly or have models frozen in place while they shuffle around motionless like zombies, unfinishable random events because my targets are stuck in walls, and my save file is stuck in some miles morales sequence that I can't finish because he keeps falling through the world when walking across the street to the homeless shelter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

The buggiest game i have ever played is still ps4 Spider-Man. It took me at least 5 tries to select new game without it giving me the blue screen, missions routinely crash in cutcenes randomly or have models frozen in place while they shuffle around motionless like zombies, unfinishable random events because my targets are stuck in walls, and my save file is stuck in some miles morales sequence that I can't finish because he keeps falling through the world when walking across the street to the homeless shelter.

Try it again
Not my experience. Miles morales was totally that way tho lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I played a decent bit of valhalla but i waited for the first round of patches and the sale. I haven't seen a single bug yet. I refunded cyberpunk..... there are system level issues with that game that'll never be fixed, and it's also just very mediocre.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I remember Fallout 4's PC launch would always crash on me whenever I walked near the political district which I needed to traverse for a story mission

so I had to wait on 2 months of patches to finish the drat story lol

go gently caress yourself todd coward I'm glad you're a microsoft serf now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah im sure itll be a lot better under ms. now to look up the history of mcc while i take a big sip of this water

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I don't care about what bethesda makes anymore I just want to enjoy seeing todd relegated in the corporate heirarchy and bossed around by phil and nadella for what he did to fallout

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Todd probably loves that he only needs to launch a sea of thieves 1.0 caliber product and update it with paid dlc afterwards WITHOUT the annoying gamer expectations of a 60$ product this time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah im sure hes losing sleep over it as he collects however much he made from the sale while already being a millionaire before that anyway

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ryoga posted:

Really? I don't think Spider-Man ever crashed on me. Did you have a base PS4?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Really? I don't think Spider-Man ever crashed on me. Did you have a base PS4?

Pro model, I recently got the ps5 version but it still has crashes every hour or so. Then again a lot of stuff crashes on ps5.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Cold War crashes a lot on ye olde regular rear end og ps4

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ryoga posted:

Pro model, I recently got the ps5 version but it still has crashes every hour or so. Then again a lot of stuff crashes on ps5.
I ran it on a Slim with no issues. Huh.

Have not bought a PS5 yet since I don't see the point while I have a PS4 Pro and I just built a new PC.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I had a fine experience first time through Miles Morales but the 60fps RT mode they added later was real unstable (mostly graphical glitches with a few hard crashes or unresponsive home menu when the game was suspended, requiring a restart). Between this and WD: Legion's saving issues, just don't buy consoles at launch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

just don't buy consoles at launch

been saying this

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does the ray tracing in Watch Dogs look good on any console? It sounds real bad.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BoosterDuck posted:

I don't care about what bethesda makes anymore I just want to enjoy seeing todd relegated in the corporate heirarchy and bossed around by phil and nadella for what he did to fallout

Really hoping that Arkane gets pushed to make more Dishonored games because even though everything they make is gold that IP owns and I hope it makes a comeback.

Also MS really needs to make another Killer Instinct game and have more guest characters so we can have Master Chief fight Doom Guy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SUNKOS posted:

Really hoping that Arkane gets pushed to make more Dishonored games because even though everything they make is gold that IP owns and I hope it makes a comeback.

Also MS really needs to make another Killer Instinct game and have more guest characters so we can have Master Chief fight Doom Guy.

I liked Dishonored 2 much less than 1 and I can't explain why since it was apparently better in every way that mattered (other than running like poo poo on my pc)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah they had to use Bethesda's engine rather than Unreal Engine like they did the first game which is why it ran bad (also the CPU-sucking DRM would have made performance worse too) but holy poo poo was that some of the best level design ever. Weird as heck if you're used to 60+ fps and teleporting all over the place pulling off fancy tricks, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Does the ray tracing in Watch Dogs look good on any console? It sounds real bad.

Looks good on the XsX but it doesn’t matter because the game is aggressively not good.