Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Assessor of Maat posted:

you know how you fuse two digimon to get a new one? it's like that

So Omnimon?

I legit forgot this shithead existed for a bit and OF COURSE this is what he's doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Omnimon is dominating the Digimon TCG at the moment

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bowmore posted:

Omnimon is dominating the Digimon TCG at the moment

badass

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I legit forgot this shithead existed for a bit and OF COURSE this is what he's doing

https://twitter.com/QldPolice/status/1345680004798009345

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I refuse to kill this monster.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

finally, a use for pigs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol eat poo poo lyle

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
seriously though, what is the dreaded k-word?

ketamine? knesset? krampus? k-rudd?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
More good news in Vic.

https://twitter.com/VicGovDHHS/status/1345854435751325696?s=20

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

perepelki posted:

ketamine? knesset? krampus? k-rudd?

K'hambeet

anidavshalom
Jun 10, 2020
Those three are worrying. If we locked down for a week, we'd have zero in short order. Do it Dan!

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
If you don't lock down now and demand people wear masks 24/7, it'll soon turn into a mismanaged disaster like NSW, with it's zero new cases

anidavshalom
Jun 10, 2020
I know! Our failure to react appropriately might cause it to spread to other states!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Seemlar posted:

If you don't lock down now and demand people wear masks 24/7, it'll soon turn into a mismanaged disaster like NSW, with it's zero new cases

Should just lock off NSW from other states permanently. The posting coming from it is dire.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Is there an actual check-in app? I'm sick of writing out my name and phone number every time, but the Service Victoria app a) doesn't appear to let you make an account unless you already have one (neither does the website??) and b) has a QR reader that doesn't work.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
most of the non Service nsw QR sign ins I use remember my data so signing in is usually very quick.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

freebooter posted:

Is there an actual check-in app? I'm sick of writing out my name and phone number every time, but the Service Victoria app a) doesn't appear to let you make an account unless you already have one (neither does the website??) and b) has a QR reader that doesn't work.

The Services Victoria app QR code works fine? I've used it a stack of times.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Seemlar posted:

loving things up badly enough to trigger outbreaks and border closures is a mismanaged disaster ya dingus.

NSW has also recorded two cases since the reporting period ended, one of which visited a bottleo in a shopping centre while pre symptomatic. But it's cool, they got a donut day crisis is over.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I don't see how they're loving things up when they are just handling this outbreak the same as they handled every other one. If there's a sudden post NYE explosion of cases over the coming weeks then I'll happily eat my words, but such a low number of new cases coming after an outbreak over the christmas period looks very good to me.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

hambeet posted:

The Services Victoria app QR code works fine? I've used it a stack of times.

I've tried it at two different places and it's unresponsive

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

freebooter posted:

Fwiw I've had no problems either

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Tommunist posted:

Fwiw I've had no problems either

You haven’t gone anywhere.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Oh...

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Scylo posted:

I don't see how they're loving things up when they are just handling this outbreak the same as they handled every other one. If there's a sudden post NYE explosion of cases over the coming weeks then I'll happily eat my words, but such a low number of new cases coming after an outbreak over the christmas period looks very good to me.

the main thing that has me worried is if they go ahead with having crowds at the cricket that could be pretty bad

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Solemn Sloth posted:

Many regulations have the benefit of reducing the risk of injury, disease or disability. One method to value these benefits is to adjust the value of statistical life year (which could be interpreted as the value of a year of life free of injury, disease and disability) by a factor that accounts for the type of injury, disease or disability. The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare has published disability weights for most diseases and injuries that can be used to adjust the VSLY (Mathers et al 1999, pp. 186-202). As an example, an amputated foot has a disability weight of 0.3, which equates to 30% of a VSLY or $54,600 per year (0.3*$182 000) when measured in 2014 dollars.

Some relevant weights
Mild asthma - 0.01-0.05
Severe asthma - 0.3-0.4
Severe chronic bronchitis or emphysema - 0.5-0.65

Thanks, that's interesting. I should have realized there would be an actual, factual answer for my rhetorical questions!

:lol: I actually forgot that/them/youse!

perepelki posted:

I assume it's the woman's name used to describe all women who ask to speak to the manager, or in fact do pretty much anything that someone else doesn't like.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Liberal darling and serial fuckwit Tony Shepard is lobbying for the Sydney test so....

JFW lost consciousness after being held on his stomach on the ground during a citizens arrest by a retired police officer in Lockridge, Perth. He had allegedly entered the retired police officer's carport with another man and was believed to be committing a crime, an allegation that his family say was never proved. The police officer was twice JWF's weight but said he was "careful". A coroner found the force used against him was "reasonable" and blamed his death on methamphetamine addiction.

ISSUES RAISED
Injured in custody, force used.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

This is my legit strat for avoiding having to download an app or touch a public pen during covid times.

Works for me.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Buttcoin purse posted:

:lol: I actually forgot that/them/youse!
no!! :negative:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

freebooter posted:

I helped set it up the QR codes at my work and had a bunch of staff at different offices test it for me on a variety of different phones, all using the Service Vic app (so we could screenshot to make a guide for admin to help clients.)

I'd bin your windows smart phone, personally.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 4, 2021

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The arse has a paywalled article, the blurb claims a high ranking US official says there is strong evidence corona did a runner from a Chinese biological weapons facility.

I really want to see the source on this one.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Eediot Jedi posted:

The arse has a paywalled article, the blurb claims a high ranking US official says there is strong evidence corona did a runner from a Chinese biological weapons facility.

The source is a high ranking Trump idiot it says right there. They say a lot of things.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yes but I want to know why the arse felt this source was good enough when (I'm assuming I haven't really checked) it hasn't been carried by US papers.

(Yes I know the arse is a rag with no journalistic integrity or decency)

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

hambeet posted:

I helped set it up the QR codes at my work and had a bunch of staff at different offices test it for me on a variety of different phones, all using the Service Vic app (so we could screenshot to make a guide for admin to help clients.)

I'd bin your windows smart phone, personally.

iPhone, checkmate

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

Probably that General who believes in qanon.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...104-p56rob.html

quote:

WA Premier Mark McGowan has given the clearest indication yet the state is opting for the elimination of COVID-19 rather than suppressing it.

Despite the July 2020 National Cabinet agreement to a suppression strategy with the goal of no community transmission and continued pressure from commentators over east over the state's hardline virus response, Mr McGowan said he supported "crushing the curve".
WA Premier Mark McGowan.

WA Premier Mark McGowan. Credit:Peter de Kruijff

“Back in March, April, May we flattened the curve then we crushed the curve and I want to keep the curve crushed,” he said.

“I don’t want the virus to come back; I’m a supporter of elimination.

“Get rid of the virus within our borders, within our country, and keep it that way.

“The best thing we can do is keep the virus out, allow our economy and our health to go well within our borders.”

This is such a pointless battle of semantics. There is absolutely no definitional difference between elimination and "zero community transmission."

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Eediot Jedi posted:

You’d better wear PPE while you look at it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Oh my God has anyone else seen that official Australia Day TV commercial.

It has all these first Australians commenting on how much it hurts but the commercial ends, bringing them all together for a barbecue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOMy9Tg9Bg

It was apparently made last year but it's on TV right now.
:eyepop:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

Oh my God has anyone else seen that official Australia Day TV commercial.

It has all these first Australians commenting on how much it hurts but the commercial ends, bringing them all together for a barbecue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOMy9Tg9Bg

It was apparently made last year but it's on TV right now.
:eyepop:

Ehhhh I was braced for something worse. It's nice enough.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Comments and like/dislike counts disabled I wonder why :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"So where do we start? By listening to each other, and sharing our part."