Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Counterpoint: you can turn the difficulty down at any point if it's too hard, but if it's too easy moving to a harder difficulty means restarting your whole campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

FoolyCharged posted:

Counterpoint: you can turn the difficulty down at any point if it's too hard, but if it's too easy moving to a harder difficulty means restarting your whole campaign.

Agree, but they really should allow it either way. If the point of difficulty levels is for people to enjoy the game how they want, then there's no reason not to let people turn the difficulty up as well as down.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbf a lot of the games make gameplay changes on the higher difficulties like how in FE12 the Warp staff just doesn’t exist on Lunatic along with the Silver Card iirc, so I can understand why it’s not just a higher/lower difficulty toggle like most games.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i honestly can't believe they still haven't implemented the entirely normal idea of upping your difficulty mid-playthrough

i feel like it *has* to be some kind of super stupid "if you could lower and raise the difficulty, high-difficulty runs would lose their ~prestige~" rhetoric at work there

and like, even if you do care about making high difficulty playthroughs mean something there's about a dozen ways to do that while still giving the option to tinker with that stuff mid-run however you please. like how about only unlocking bonus stuff if you never changed your difficulty during a playthrough

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Eimi posted:

The real problem is there should be a difficulty inbetween hard and maddening.

Its called NG+ Maddening.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Just finished my first Silver Snow game in an age. Mostly a disappointing run in terms of everyone's performance, but had a few standouts:

* Felix with 50 goddamn speed by the end. 35 strength, but...

* Falcon Knight Bernie coming on with the steel chair to one-round the final boss with an almighty triple crit (doubled her, plus her crest kicking in for another crit).

* The last time I did Silver Snow with Annette, she talked about her father surviving Gronder Field. This time, she said he died there. I've heard from goons who have seen both, too. What in the world determines this, or is it just random?

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Cythereal posted:

* The last time I did Silver Snow with Annette, she talked about her father surviving Gronder Field. This time, she said he died there. I've heard from goons who have seen both, too. What in the world determines this, or is it just random?
Looking at the relevant datamine page, it seems to only have dialogue about him having died there—you might be confusing it with the VW version? idk

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
FE3H is an okay entry game, but I actually prefer introducing newcomers to Awakening or SoV instead.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/norue67/status/1349812607222484995?s=21

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I'm kind of new to this game, but is Ingrid actually any good? My squad is on average only level 6 but her stats and general combat performance are kinda poo poo. She doesn't hit very hard, and doesn't take hits very well, and is really failing to stand out in a house with like 4 spear users.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Riatsala posted:

I'm kind of new to this game, but is Ingrid actually any good? My squad is on average only level 6 but her stats and general combat performance are kinda poo poo. She doesn't hit very hard, and doesn't take hits very well, and is really failing to stand out in a house with like 4 spear users.

Ingrid typically excels as a dodge tank but it might not be obvious until she gets a flyer class. Speed and agility are where her stats excel I believe. You also may just be having some bad levels. Anyone can get stat screwed if you’re unlucky enough.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ingrid's stat growths are pretty unstable and she can very easily end up worthless. It's why she tends to be better as an other house recruit so she can get pulled up by class growths.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Ingrid is really good as a recruit in the other houses because if you wait for her to swap to the pegasus class the game uses the enemy only variant of the class to auto level her and she gets bonkers stats.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She might be salvageable if you can get her into Brigand, as mastering that gives you death blow, which is +6 str when attacking and the one advantage Blue Lions Ingrid has over recruited Ingrid. Just do the bare minimum of training needed until she can take the test though, as you'll still want to focus on spears and flying.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Riatsala posted:

What difficulty are you playing on? Otherwise, in general picking up Death Blow from Brigand if you want player phase damage and even putting her down Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord can fix her strength a bit better than going the Peg route.

FoolyCharged posted:

Ingrid is really good as a recruit in the other houses because if you wait for her to swap to the pegasus class the game uses the enemy only variant of the class to auto level her and she gets bonkers stats.

Fun fact but everyone actually has inflated growths from enemy version classes so she still ends up behind them on average!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Fire Emblem Heroes pumped out some new alts and uh

Giving Raphael a bow for his debut sure is a move alright.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Raphael looks like he just beats people up and then garrotes them with the bowstring rather than shooting arrows.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also point out that Dorathea now has two seasonal alts, except there's no original base form to alt from

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Riatsala posted:

Boring generic advice here but every unit in the game is very capable of turning out great, but if someone isn't working out for you there's no shame in just ditching them for that playthrough either

Don't recommend doing that until you actually like, have units to sub in for her though. Even an underperforming unit is useful just for existing on the field.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

This image is just Heroes Alts in a nutshell huh. Armor units that have no reason to be armor units, flying units that have no reason to be flying. baffling weapon choices, random skimpy outfits, and characters that are here as alts that aren't in in their 'normal' form.

If only one of the characters involved was from Fates.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I mean being beefy helps with bows in real life, unless your pecs get in the way of the bowstring.

...Why does Dorothea have an entire extra person?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The Golux posted:

I mean being beefy helps with bows in real life, unless your pecs get in the way of the bowstring.

...Why does Dorothea have an entire extra person?

It's a new gimmick where they mix two characters from different games into one, with a bonus field skill they can activate that benefits all team members from either game (so in this case, Three Houses or Genealogy).

And I can buy Raphael being an armour unit since he's got a natural inclination towards and it and 'slow beefy' seems to be their default armour shrug option.

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
It's not like any of the other riding or flying units have their mounts in their portrait art.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's a new gimmick
"New" being October 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What season is celebrated by wearing pantyhose sleeves and a bare chest?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What season is celebrated by wearing pantyhose sleeves and a bare chest?

Valentine's Day is all about the sex.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Actually Valentine's is for families, this is the Plegia Festival. No, I don't know what the hell that is either.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Plegia is all about the sex too. Have you seen how Henry and Tharja dress?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Henry dresses like a normal JRPG wizard, just with leggings instead of pants. You do mow down like a billion plegians that are covering less up than Tharja tho.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It makes some vague sense for Plegia since it's a desert nation. Even the generals like Mustafa are barely covered.

Actually huh, is that why Henry has Barbarian as a possible job? Because Plegia? Not sure why Tharja can go Knight then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair i wouldnt call the two dancer girls having dancer outfits being 'random'

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ah but see Dorothea is a Songstress.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
And she's not even the best dancer in her house.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

ApplesandOranges posted:

It makes some vague sense for Plegia since it's a desert nation. Even the generals like Mustafa are barely covered.

Actually huh, is that why Henry has Barbarian as a possible job? Because Plegia? Not sure why Tharja can go Knight then.

So Tharja can protect Robin better.
Most of the awakening reclass options being dumb flavor poo poo is so good.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Isn't part of the thing about 3 Houses having such a freeform reclass system is you can have ridiculous alt versions with weird weapon combos for the characters from that game and yet it still kinda make sense.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Thank you for Ingrid advice, she's shaping up a bit better now with a proper battalion and some good level up stats.

As a side note the market music is straight up stolen from Final Fantasy 12.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

to be fair i wouldnt call the two dancer girls having dancer outfits being 'random'

It is when they're supposed to be dressed in Plegian clothes.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ApplesandOranges posted:

At least the boys are as scantily clad as the girls? Progress I think? Maybe?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I got Three Houses for Christmas and I've fought the first battle of the War Phase where I had to stop a woman called Judith from escaping.

Anyway in a comment in a different thread I said that Edelgard's mickey mouse shorts were a bold fashion choice but I realise playing a bit further that she's polarising for other reasons. In universe she's a very marmite sort of figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Yeah it's a really bold and controversial move to try to pull off the Princess Leia hairdo