Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That said I'd love to see an LP of the first black and white in particular because I remember loving it but being completely unable to beat it as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

That said I'd love to see an LP of the first black and white in particular because I remember loving it but being completely unable to beat it as a kid.
:same:
I can't shake the feeling they would be much better games without the whole pet aspect.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

bike tory posted:

I remember watching one LP of the first game in the archives that was pretty nuts.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I've reached out via PM to the LPer of the one in the archive to see if they have any higher res videos lying around, but it looks like they haven't been active on the forums for several years so if anyone has a different way to contact them then feel free.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hi peeps! My girlfriend watched me play Horizon Zero Dawn and she would love to watch me play the entirety of it, but our time together is rather limited due to circumstances. I know there are a lot of playthroughs that can be found on youtube, can anyone recommend a good one? Ideally edited so it's 10 hours instead of 50.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can't recommend a YouTube one, but theres an LP going ahead right now here in these forums! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I keep seeing stuff about 13 Sentinels. I'd love to see an LP, SS or otherwise, that really covered the story/stories.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That one is also happening right now: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951536

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

hooray!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I really like Cannibal K9's let's play of The Talos Principle. Are there similar let's plays out there?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It appears that Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP. I'd like to request it, no format preference.

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

There's this first person dungeon crawling RPG called "Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk", on Steam, PS4, Switch and PSP, one of those Nippon Ichi Software, or NIS joints (Disgaea, etc).

For the few minutes I've been playing it, I think it'd be great for audience involvement, as you can make a bunch of party members and name them, tweak their stats, leveling style, character nature, lucky number, and a bunch of other things. But the best part, which may guarantee more involvement, is the inconsequential flavor text. You can just put whatever you want in that box; make that character truly have character, as it were.

[EDIT]Wow that is the rapiest nun I've ever seen in a game, so there's that. Oh, NIS...

Brimstone Inquiry fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 23, 2020

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

bike tory posted:

Not from here but Smight did a playthrough of 1 and 2 a while back. The games have aged like milk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cUqc77W994

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dancer posted:

Hi peeps! My girlfriend watched me play Horizon Zero Dawn and she would love to watch me play the entirety of it, but our time together is rather limited due to circumstances. I know there are a lot of playthroughs that can be found on youtube, can anyone recommend a good one? Ideally edited so it's 10 hours instead of 50.

bike tory posted:

Can't recommend a YouTube one, but theres an LP going ahead right now here in these forums! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40
:tipshat:

Sorry I've already exceeded the 10 hour timeframe, but if you follow the thread I'm pretty clear about what stuff is plot-related and what's dicking around on sidequests. I also do tons of poo poo off-camera so you don't have to suffer through collecting metal bear asses.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Vestaria Saga SSLP Kaga Emblem 8 needs love.

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for The Last Of Us Part 2? None of my usual go-tos seem to have done it. Preferably someone who actually cares about the story/world building.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Bad News Panda posted:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for The Last Of Us Part 2? None of my usual go-tos seem to have done it. Preferably someone who actually cares about the story/world building.

Speaking of TLOU 2, apparently it has so extensive accessibility features that blind people can play it, using audio cues to navigate:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/19/us/the-last-of-us-part-ii-accessibility-options-blind-gamer-trnd/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHN5v3NJ9ko

Therefore, I would like to see a blind playthrough of the game, in which the LP'er is either literally blind or wearing a blindfold while playing. The "videos" should also be sound-only, so you can listen to the entire game as a podcast.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there a good LP of Control out there, preferably with someone going into the lore stuff as they go? I've played it and I love it but I feel like there's probably story stuff I didn't pick up on.

Even just a video of lore stuff would be okay if there's a good one.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

There's a Control LP going on right now! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913828&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

sweet, thanks!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a screenshot LP of Daggerfall? I cannot find anything that still has working image links.:corsair:

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Are there any streams or LPs of DayZ that are recommended? I’ve been really into Nezar’s videos because they feature a lot of social interactions that verge on role playing, but aren’t forced and cringey.

Also no Britons/Aussies.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Since supergreatfriend doesn't have any interest in doing an LP since Game Bad, has anyone decent taken a look at Deadly Premonition 2? I forgot that even existed until someone asked him about it in a recent stream, and now I'm curious

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Anyone know of any good Bugsnax LPs? Preferably looking for one where the LPer is more on the chill side, i.e. they don't scream or use obnoxious voices or anything like that.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

serefin99 posted:

Anyone know of any good Bugsnax LPs? Preferably looking for one where the LPer is more on the chill side, i.e. they don't scream or use obnoxious voices or anything like that.

I'm not sure whether this is exactly what you're looking for, but I really enjoyed Vinesauce Vinny's Bugsnax streams. It's a blind, no-frills, playthrough from start to end. He's usually a pretty chilled out person, sometimes has some interesting stories to tell and when he reads anything out it's in his own voice: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlc94szfcNDFSWH0nUJ5pug-awzrrqOnZ

Edit: As far as I know, nobody has started one in this forum.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Hey, I'm wondering if there's any LPs of the first Halo Wars out in the wild? I'd like to see someone pick through its campaign, and it was re-released for PC a few years ago, I believe. Never managed to get completely through it when it was a console game and I'm fuzzy on details.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Since I recently learned that it's actually in active development again (latest version came out in October, apparently), I'd appreciate an LP of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion. It's an extremely over-ambitious crossover project that aims to combine the basic gameplay of Super Mario World with stuff from just about every other even remotely classic game in existence. The level quality is extremely uneven, but it should remain interesting just due to the sheer variety.
There was an attempt at an LP of it a few years ago, but it didn't get very far. I followed that game's development for a while back around 2010, so I'd personally be very interested in seeing another attempt :)

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Anyone familiar with an LP of Kentucky Route Zero or Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? I'm interested in both, but having taken a look at their gameplay, I'm not super into that element and would rather watch it.

I'd also love one of Xenogears. I see a couple of screenshot LPs in the archive, but a video one would be ideal. Otherwise, if one of the screenshot ones is more well-liked I'd be interested in hearing that. Thanks!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

surf rock posted:

Anyone familiar with an LP of Kentucky Route Zero or Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? I'm interested in both, but having taken a look at their gameplay, I'm not super into that element and would rather watch it.

I'd also love one of Xenogears. I see a couple of screenshot LPs in the archive, but a video one would be ideal. Otherwise, if one of the screenshot ones is more well-liked I'd be interested in hearing that. Thanks!

The darkids screenshot LP of xenogears is amazing. One of my favorite LPs and highly highly recommended.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I just finished reading the Xenogears LP last night, and I highly recommend it. TheDarkId does a great job of summarizing the convoluted mess of a plot before it degenerates into base nonsense, and his tongue-in-cheek humour makes the pompous and overly purple prose bearable. I can't imagine enduring a straight VLP of Xenogears.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

surf rock posted:

Thevoiceofdog did a stream of Kentucky Route Zero that I enjoyed.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Anything good for Rain World? Preferably not blind, but I'll take what I can get.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

really queer Christmas posted:

The darkids screenshot LP of xenogears is amazing. One of my favorite LPs and highly highly recommended.

inscrutable horse posted:

I just finished reading the Xenogears LP last night, and I highly recommend it. TheDarkId does a great job of summarizing the convoluted mess of a plot before it degenerates into base nonsense, and his tongue-in-cheek humour makes the pompous and overly purple prose bearable. I can't imagine enduring a straight VLP of Xenogears.

Crumps Brother posted:

Thevoiceofdog did a stream of Kentucky Route Zero that I enjoyed.

Perfect, thanks all!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone got a rec for a Hitman 3 LP?

Edit: nvm, I've been told that it only just came out a couple of days ago. Will give it more time.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 23, 2021

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Not on SA, but I can vouch for SB. No facecam, calming voice and not a fascist. He's jus started a Hitman 3 (blind, obviously) run.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Fat Samurai posted:

Not on SA, but I can vouch for SB. No facecam, calming voice and not a fascist. He's jus started a Hitman 3 (blind, obviously) run.

Seconding SB, his LPs are great and he seems like a decent human too.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am looking for an old LP thread of Adam Cadre's Interactive Fiction games where Cadre himself showed up and provided commentary. I remember it started as an LP of Varicella, but then evolved into a general Adam Cadre LP thread.

I can't find anything through search, and the LP master list contains only a link to a Varicella LP, which isn't the right one.

Does anyone else remember this?

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 7, 2021

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Anyone know of a good Resident Evil 5 LP? There’s one in the archives but they’re talking over the cutscenes, which is intolerable to me. Has to be not blind, no headshot cam, ideally single player. The more informative, the better, especially if they can talk knowledgeably about the racism aspects. Yes I’m very picky about my LPs.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

SimonChris posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am looking for an old LP thread of Adam Cadre's Interactive Fiction games where Cadre himself showed up and provided commentary. I remember it started as an LP of Varicella, but then evolved into a general Adam Cadre LP thread.

I can't find anything through search, and the LP master list contains only a link to a Varicella LP, which isn't the right one.

Does anyone else remember this?

It's this, it actually started as Lock and Key which is what it's on the master list under. There's a few more Adam posts in this I-0 thread if that's the part you were interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm seeing several LP's in the archive for Final Fantasy VI, but are any of those particularly beloved? Thanks!

edit: Thank you both!

surf rock fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 14, 2021