Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Love to see Junji Ito in my shonen battle series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Choso honestly went from being a 2nd string villain to a guy I'm rooting for. He deserves revenge for himself and his new brother.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I'm usually pretty good at following manga but I seriously don't know what's happening in JJK right now lol

About to wiki whoever those 2 at the end are.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think this was the first dud chapter of roboco.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I honestly liked the pizzaman assassin but the organization should have sent the The Box Assassin. I am waiting for an assassination classroom reference down the line, it would be nice.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sad to lose Agravity Boys at the start of the year. You had way more good than bad so I'll miss you.

Jerkface posted:

I'm usually pretty good at following manga but I seriously don't know what's happening in JJK right now lol

About to wiki whoever those 2 at the end are.

The white haired monk person is called Uraume. They're a Sukuna ally. There's not much to say beyond that since we haven't seen them much.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I remember seeing Urame a grand total of one time, when Sukuna took over Itadori's body a bit back. It's clear that Urame is on Sukuna's side though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I enjoyed it quite a lot, personally. It definitely feels like one that'd be a miss if you're not super into the various series it touches upon, though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Sad to lose Agravity Boys at the start of the year. You had way more good than bad so I'll miss you.

The white haired monk person is called Uraume. They're a Sukuna ally. There's not much to say beyond that since we haven't seen them much.

That was a weird ending, they didn't even use the time machine to fix earth. But at least it ended as batshit crazy as it lived.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I enjoyed it quite a lot, personally. It definitely feels like one that'd be a miss if you're not super into the various series it touches upon, though.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I don't know, I thought there was something sweet about it. I couldn't care less about most of the series referenced, but this felt like the Mangaka was just trying to pay tribute to great mangaka he/she looked up to. I didn't like previous chapter much though, but I never read Promised Neverland.

Moriking has the weirdest cliffhanger and I assume it's also ending. Good thing as well.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

:lol: at Agravity Boys's super-abrupt ending. It tried setting up some stuff like Geralt lying to Monica or the time machine, and never did anything with it.

Magu-chan continues to be pretty sweet, and I really liked the interactions between Magu and Ruru's mom. I can see where Ruru gets her personality from.

I like Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective as a murder mystery series, but seriously dislike Ron despite being the main character. It's like the author forgot to give him any personality in favor of making him as LOL-i'm-so-quirky as possible.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

amigolupus posted:

:lol: at Agravity Boys's super-abrupt ending. It tried setting up some stuff like Geralt lying to Monica or the time machine, and never did anything with it.

Magu-chan continues to be pretty sweet, and I really liked the interactions between Magu and Ruru's mom. I can see where Ruru gets her personality from.

I liked Magu this week as well. It's so silly how every just glosses over his destroyer being.
I thought it was also a very sweet touch how mom pointed out the friendship book was a gift from her to Ruru to help her make friends.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Roboco was worth it just for the ringtone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While Agravity Boys is technically over it is supposed to get an actual ending in Jump Giga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

That was a weird ending, they didn't even use the time machine to fix earth. But at least it ended as batshit crazy as it lived.

I don't know, I thought there was something sweet about it. I couldn't care less about most of the series referenced, but this felt like the Mangaka was just trying to pay tribute to great mangaka he/she looked up to. I didn't like previous chapter much though, but I never read Promised Neverland.

Moriking has the weirdest cliffhanger and I assume it's also ending. Good thing as well.

the mangaka of roboco previously did an official parody manga for promised neverland. it was really funny, though probably less so if you haven't read the original. so, it was equal parts a tribute and a wink and nudge to go buy his earlier work.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like how this week in Magu-chan, Ruru's mom basically ordered Magu to CONQUER THE WORLD! :cthulhu:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Magu-chan isn't the best manga in jump and it isn't the funniest, but it's really cute and really wholesome. It's a feel good series that isn't eyerollingly sweet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/1346383124314263552

Yikes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pretty grim addition to that

https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/1346417584774770688?s=19

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
jesus christ

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Julias posted:

5 counts of possession and distribution yeah. At least it's not that big of a deal for the franchise to replace one translator with another, even if it might affect the style and tone of the translation .

it calls him the "previous" translator so i assume he was let go before this happened.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
How good at your job do you have to be for your boss to go through such lengths instead of punting your rear end out?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Darth TNT posted:

How good at your job do you have to be for your boss to go through such lengths instead of punting your rear end out?

I think a lot of the time it isn't being good/indispensable at your job, it's that if your boss lets you go it's an admission that they screwed up by not properly vetting you before you were hired. As soon as the allegations are made, the only favorable outcome for your superior is for the whole thing to be papered over and forgotten, so that's what they automatically aim for.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
No one wants to be in charge during a major scandal, OP

Thats true for anything.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
While the netflix adaptation left a lot to be desired. Alice in Borderland Retry is everything I could have asked for in a continuation as far as writing goes. There's a reason I loath any hearts game and it's for moments that lead to these kind of faces.

It has also been confirmed to end after the 2nd volume so there's not much more left to tell. It's loving bullshit that dealers even exist for these games and at this point I'm certain that every single hearts game can have all participants survive in the group doesn't explode on impact.

Edit: Except for the 7 of hearts. That's just cruel

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 6, 2021

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1161719/1

A new chapter of ballroom that gets very serious, but also funny face.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1161719/1

A new chapter of ballroom that gets very serious, but also funny face.

Oh look, a sports series with responsible adults at the wheel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

While the netflix adaptation left a lot to be desired. Alice in Borderland Retry is everything I could have asked for in a continuation as far as writing goes. There's a reason I loath any hearts game and it's for moments that lead to these kind of faces.

It has also been confirmed to end after the 2nd volume so there's not much more left to tell. It's loving bullshit that dealers even exist for these games and at this point I'm certain that every single hearts game can have all participants survive in the group doesn't explode on impact.

Edit: Except for the 7 of hearts. That's just cruel

Apparently the author said it was only ever intended to be a short series to promote the Netflix series.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Reading Jujutsu Kaisen finally, and I've hit the point where they've stopped calling Cursed Techniques and Cursed Energy, now they're Jutsushiki and Juryoku and it's driving me insane. Does this last long or will it go back to being easily readable?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Oh look, a sports series with responsible adults at the wheel.

I like how this series ended up with him getting a different partner who isn't the most predictable female lead from the very beginning of the series.

I hope protagonist isn't a dumbass and doesn't try to sneak off and do the thing, though I feel like his partner wouldn't stand for that so I doubt it'll happen. If I were the teacher I'd try to contact the competition in advance about it or something, since the competition would probably be able to reject a minor contestant like that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CodfishCartographer posted:

Reading Jujutsu Kaisen finally, and I've hit the point where they've stopped calling Cursed Techniques and Cursed Energy, now they're Jutsushiki and Juryoku and it's driving me insane. Does this last long or will it go back to being easily readable?

Well I know it goes back at some point.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I remembered that the Shaman King remake was coming out this year so I looked up a trailer for it. I get real grandma goku energy from how the main character sounds versus what their character design is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I remembered that the Shaman King remake was coming out this year so I looked up a trailer for it. I get real grandma goku energy from how the main character sounds versus what their character design is.

Apparently Yoh has a new voice actress in the remake for some reason (almost everyone else is back though, including Megumi Hayashibara as Anna). It’s not great in my opinion but maybe she’ll improve as the series goes on.

When’s that series supposed to start again?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Larryb posted:

Apparently Yoh has a new voice actress in the remake for some reason (almost everyone else is back though, including Megumi Hayashibara as Anna). It’s not great in my opinion but maybe she’ll improve as the series goes on.

When’s that series supposed to start again?

It is supposed to come out sometime in April.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
jellal or gerrard or whatever he was called in both fo mashina's other series has finally appeared in edens zero

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, here’s a trailer for the upcoming anime:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=m0Uf85GQCck

Sounds like Rie Kugimiya will be reprising her role as Happy at least.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jose posted:

jellal or gerrard or whatever he was called in both fo mashina's other series has finally appeared in edens zero

He's Sieghart.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On a related note, is Rave Master any good?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Larryb posted:

On a related note, is Rave Master any good?

It's about the same as Fairy Tail I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Clarste posted:

It's about the same as Fairy Tail I guess?

I liked Fairy Tail despite its flaws and have been enjoying the current sequel manga so that works I suppose. Is the pacing in Rave Master any better?