Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

They really went all-out for the New Year's Eve celebration.

There are specific tracks for:
11:00 - 11:29pm
11:30 - 11:49pm
11:50 - 11:54pm
11:55 - 11:59pm
Countdown
12:00am - 1:59am
2:00am - 4:00am
Day after

Plus all the camera work, new outfits, hats, the "sparkling cider," and all the dialogue. Truly something special.

2am is a great track and I wish there was a way to listen to it in-game if you didn't happen to be up at that hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNTM1WTLQw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Jolly Redd has dropped anchor at Dessert with a Real Mystic Statue, Fake Academic Painting, and Fake Serene Painting.

Also, Cesar is camping here if anyone would like a grumpy ape.

Help yourself to any DIYs and anything from Nook’s or the Ables.

Board art/messages encouraged!

Dodo code in the other thread.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Bridges are so expensive and my idle layabout villagers won’t pony up a red cent to help out :argh:

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

2am is a great track and I wish there was a way to listen to it in-game if you didn't happen to be up at that hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNTM1WTLQw

That sounds like some background music in a hypothetical Charlie Brown New Year's special. :)

I appreciated all the different tracks leading up til Midnight. I had the Switch on the tv for a while, checking out vids and forum posts, and had to keep stopping to listen to it all.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Opening up Mau-Mau for a couple of hours. Spent some time this morning crafting more seasonal recipe items. Seemed a better use of in-game time than shaking trees looking for wasps and furniture I probably already have. :v:

I also put out a bunch of extra winter clothes and some large snowflake recipe items. I also got a few extra New Year's top hats in the colors I had on my island (Pink, Aqua, Yellow, Green) and some extra New Year's food items if anyone needs them.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks, Able Sisters have the Plushie-muffler coat.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 2, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just found out that if you go to the ABD to do something it gives you 500 Nook Points because of the inconvenience of being closed yesterday. That was nice.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just found out that if you go to the ABD to do something it gives you 500 Nook Points because of the inconvenience of being closed yesterday. That was nice.

It also sets your streak to 7+ days, giving you back the full bonus (or giving you one for the first time in ages if you're like me)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hey it's been probably since April or so since I bought a Street Lamp, and it shows as "Not For Sale" in my catalog/Nook Shopping. How do I buy one, I've completely forgotten :confused:

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

If you're talking about the metal pole street lamps, you have to order those through the nook miles program.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SilentChaz posted:

Opening up Mau-Mau for a couple of hours. Spent some time this morning crafting more seasonal recipe items. Seemed a better use of in-game time than shaking trees looking for wasps and furniture I probably already have. :v:

I also put out a bunch of extra winter clothes and some large snowflake recipe items. I also got a few extra New Year's top hats in the colors I had on my island (Pink, Aqua, Yellow, Green) and some extra New Year's food items if anyone needs them.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks, Able Sisters have the Plushie-muffler coat.

Thanks for opening up and letting me catalog the last few toy day items that I was missing.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

If I talk to Isabelle and get her to wipe a villager's extra clothing, will it affect that villager's friendship? Some of mine have too much stuff now and I'm contemplating taking it all away and just giving them a couple of the better things, but I don't want to make them less friendly in the process because I'm a weenie.

I'm also reading that the clothing reset only works for custom designs and won't be permanent for stuff you give them, can anyone confirm this?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zonko_T.M. posted:

If you're talking about the metal pole street lamps, you have to order those through the nook miles program.

:doh: That’s right! Ok thanks. This is what happens when you don’t use that system for months and months.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Black Robe posted:

If I talk to Isabelle and get her to wipe a villager's extra clothing, will it affect that villager's friendship? Some of mine have too much stuff now and I'm contemplating taking it all away and just giving them a couple of the better things, but I don't want to make them less friendly in the process because I'm a weenie.

I'm also reading that the clothing reset only works for custom designs and won't be permanent for stuff you give them, can anyone confirm this?

It doesn't seem to affect their relationship with you, but yes it's not permanent for stuff you gave them. They'll switch out of it for the time being but will be wearing it again. I gave Beau a shirt that I immediately regretted and he kept changing back into it for months; finally he gave it back to me recently as a thank you for a favor and I was overjoyed.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tender Bender posted:

It doesn't seem to affect their relationship with you, but yes it's not permanent for stuff you gave them. They'll switch out of it for the time being but will be wearing it again. I gave Beau a shirt that I immediately regretted and he kept changing back into it for months; finally he gave it back to me recently as a thank you for a favor and I was overjoyed.

Well, poop. I guess that's what I get for burying them all in impulse gifts.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Just a FYI, you need 146 snowflakes to make all the frozen recipes.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've got Naomi the snooty cow in boxes on my island. If someone wants to adopt her please let me know as she's been my only snooty to live on my island since the game's launch.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is there a snowperson outfit? I’d love to pair it with the snowperson head for a silly seasonal look.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Unfortunately no. I'd suggest a white outfit like the wedding tuxedo or the white full body tights.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Finally got all the drat snow recipes. Tomorrow the snowmen start becoming deformed freaks of nature as god intended.

Also 3 drat festive tree DIY drops in 2 days! Seems like my luck has finally changed on those. Of course Christmas was last week

gregday
May 23, 2003

Anyone have a basketball they would sell or trade?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Finally got all the drat snow recipes. Tomorrow the snowmen start becoming deformed freaks of nature as god intended.

They sound genuinely distressed when you make them really wrong and I probably shouldn't find it as funny as I do.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Black Robe posted:

They sound genuinely distressed when you make them really wrong and I probably shouldn't find it as funny as I do.

They deserve it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Got our second Switch today and I've started setting up my own island, and, I have to say, I really got sad when I went back to my wife's island to shop and was treated like a stranger by my old friends.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

gregday posted:

Anyone have a basketball they would sell or trade?

I've got a basketball you can take, I can just order another one

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Does KK show up on everyone's birthday? For a moment I was thinking it was just a funny thing that he auto-picked KK Birthday but then I noticed the special birthday messages and figured they probably didn't just limit this to people who are lucky enough for their birthday to land on Saturday.

But all the birthday stuff is cute and swell. Isabelle even wishes you a happy birthday at the counter if you chat with her. :3:

pech
Jul 19, 2004

sponges posted:

Bridges are so expensive and my idle layabout villagers won’t pony up a red cent to help out :argh:

Open your island and I will pay for your bridge

E: I have a turquoise silk nye hat and would trade it for a cone hat

pech fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 3, 2021

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Does KK show up on everyone's birthday? For a moment I was thinking it was just a funny thing that he auto-picked KK Birthday but then I noticed the special birthday messages and figured they probably didn't just limit this to people who are lucky enough for their birthday to land on Saturday.

But all the birthday stuff is cute and swell. Isabelle even wishes you a happy birthday at the counter if you chat with her. :3:

KK will show up a week before your birthday, barring any event conflicts. At this time, you can have friends come by, talk to him, and write birthday messages for you to be played when KK makes yet another unscheduled appearance on your birthday.

If you're unlucky enough to have your birthday on an event day, the game handles this mostly okay (mine was on Toy Day, and I was still able to get 6 out of the 7 birthday furniture items (I had one cupcake left over before the game started assuming I wanted to give toys as gifts instead)).

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

So my birthday was last year and went fine, got birthday messages.

My partner on the same island has hers this coming Saturday and last night when K.K. was performing he didn't ask me to leave a birthday message. Is he going to appear again before the birthday or has this just been bad luck?

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Just need to make one more perfect snowboy for the achievement and then let the abominations begin.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I will have Frita the rad sisterly french fry sheep moving out tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1345881921260195841?s=20

If you want this rad lady to bring some fried food fun and be generally awesome on your island, hit me up! Discord is the best way to reach me. Same name as here.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Rats I only have a pink one for trading

Kiki looks so good in the Mage’s dress :3:

I gifted her Jack's Robe and it looks cool on her. My weird monster town has a weird black cat.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Aww Kiki was one of my starting 5 in New Leaf, my first AC, I always think so fondly of her. I built a flower arch where her house used to be as a memorial. Weirdly I've never seen her on an NMT island, despite multiple 100+ ticket hunts. Maybe it's just destined that we never meet again~

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

eating only apples posted:

Aww Kiki was one of my starting 5 in New Leaf, my first AC, I always think so fondly of her. I built a flower arch where her house used to be as a memorial. Weirdly I've never seen her on an NMT island, despite multiple 100+ ticket hunts. Maybe it's just destined that we never meet again~

Kiki was one of my first villagers in the original AC Gamecube game, so I'm super stoked I was able to get her again.:3:

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

sponges posted:

Incase you haven't gotten bells from the other goon, I can also give you a ton.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I only found out today that you can customise the World Map so that it’s Atlantic Ocean instead of Pacific Ocean. Here I was thinking Atlantic Ocean World Map was another separate poster that had evaded me since Day 1.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If anyone wants to come visit my island, my dream address is DA 5716-9636-3499.

I'm still working on the houses and some parts outside, but it's about 90% satisfactory.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Celeste is at my island. I have a ton of recipe cards on the beach to left of airport. Help yourself!!

Closed due to Australian internet sorry

pech fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 4, 2021

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
So what sorts of large-scale plans do people have for their islands, in this fresh and zesty new year?

For me, things started to get a bit moribund as 2020 closed out. Since I wasn't really developing anything, there was less point to logging and doing my dailes, etc. And I've had the same set of residents for a long while now. So it is time to mix things up. From the 1st, any resident that asks to leave will be allowed to leave - and I'll not go island hopping; I'll just see who turns up to fill the vacancy (I might come to regret that, bit hopefully it'll be interesting at the least). Every resident that came to my island before 2021 will be swapped out.

I also want to mix up my island layout, but to specific purpose. Ages ago I saw a great thing someone did where each residents plot was contained within a larger, dedicated area that was themed for that residents personality. Since that means I'd need to move houses around a bunch, that'd force me to mix up my islands layout a lot. It'll also compell me to rethink the ratio of developed to undeveloped land, and maybe even some terraforming to smooth rough spots when it comes to placement needs.

magimix fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 4, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Vivian is in boxes today on Fiorina if anyone has a free plot and doesn’t wanna island-hop for a nice new neighbour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

pech posted:

Celeste is at my island. I have a ton of recipe cards on the beach to left of airport. Help yourself!!

Code in pgs

Aww. I'm getting drumsticks on your Dodo code. Did you close up already?