Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Final Fantasy 15: Ignis can cook up delicious looking food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mamkute posted:

Final Fantasy 15: Ignis can cook up delicious looking food.

There are parts in Cyberpunk where people are eating food and it looks all blocky and poorly done and I'm disappointed because FFXV spoiled me.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Somehow I never noticed the Ghost Arrow ability you can buy in AC Odyssey before, letting you just straight up shoot an overpowered arrow through obstacles. That's gotta be one of the most fun OP toys I've played with. The only thing holding it back is that it uses your ability meter, which doesn't recharge when you're not in combat, which technically you aren't when you're sitting around harassing confused enemies from outside their specific area :ninja:

When you have several bounty hunters on your tail and you ride up to a camp with the bounty-holder asleep in a tent, quickly scout him and then just zap him with your wallhack arrow :smug:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Push El Burrito posted:

There are parts in Cyberpunk where people are eating food and it looks all blocky and poorly done and I'm disappointed because FFXV and Sonic Unleashed spoiled me.

:P

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

There are parts in Cyberpunk where people are eating food and it looks all blocky and poorly done and I'm disappointed because FFXV and Sonic Unleashed, Monster Hunter and The World Ends with You spoiled me.

:colbert:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Der-Wreck posted:

For my personal little thing, I’m playing Dirt 4 and as a part of the HUD’s dash cluster, there’s an odometer. Depending on whether you’re driving your own vehicle or “renting” one from one of the teams, it will show the mileage on the vehicle. Owned vehicles have allow mileage but the team-owned vehicles have higher mileage. I rented a little Opel from the 70’s for one series that had at least 100000kms on it.

I liked that too. unfortunately there's not enough to do in the game. it really needed rally raids and more trophy truck racing.

BioEnchanted posted:

I've been playing Rayman Legends and it has those same types of musical levels and they do own. The latest one I did was Mariachi version of Eye of the Tiger.

they're really fun, i wish there were more of those types of levels

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Push El Burrito posted:

There are parts in Cyberpunk where people are eating food and it looks all blocky and poorly done and I'm disappointed because FFXV and Sonic Unleashed, Monster Hunter and The World Ends with You and basically every Vanillaware game spoiled me.

Ahem.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ilmucche posted:

I liked that too. unfortunately there's not enough to do in the game. it really needed rally raids and more trophy truck racing.

they're really fun, i wish there were more of those types of levels

It was a brilliant decision to make some levels that play like a rhythm game, I'm sure that the gimmick would get really old but it's still a really fun set of challenges.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

So I finally have been playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild after everyone else on earth, and I gotta say, I'm a fan of the Soldier's Helmet.

Its a sallet style design, but the visor looks to be more an aesthetic, faux visor than one that actually comes down; its instead molded with a nasal guard and rounded for better vision. Its got the right kind of exaggeration for a video game design but its still a rather nice bit of storytelling in itself; its clearly an evolving design with intentional aesthetic holdovers, and a lot of ornate styling to fit with the idea of it being the armor from some golden era (the big loving crest being a nice touch) while still aiming to be a practical set of gear. Plus I like sallets. They're cool. I'd have wanted an actual visor but I guess heroes can't have visors due to contractual obligations.

The rest of the Soldier's Set kit is... eh.

It isn't as bad as other fantasy stuff but it does a lot of the same style of mistakes that other fake armor does; the faulds are too low, the tassets are to the side (and inexplicably the rear) instead of the front, and its kind of negligent in protecting some areas (tho I get why they didn't just slap chain in the armor gaps since it'd be visually kind of dull instead of having colored stuff in there). The gorget having that v-neck collar look is definitely the sort of pointless design flair that'd get you killed tho; you probably don't want a big hole right where your throat is. I'd have argued over the boots as well being really loving chunky looking but that's there to sell it to players as being The Most Well Armored Set In The Game as such so yeah. Its at least vaguely functional and more aimed at matching a specific period style armor instead of just being a slapdash set of overly ornate junk and the chunky look does give it a distinct silhouette and blah blah blah yes its okay. Aside from the tasset thing I can say the designers were thinking about actually making it look like an actual tool for battle with the needed flair to fit into a zelda game instead of an avenue to make the world's biggest, stupidest pauldrons so I can respect that. I'm a kind of a loving stickler about lovely looking fake arms in media so if I'm not spitting in absolute disgust and fury at a kit its probably okay.

Am I the only one getting Robocop vibes from this? The exposed chin and thin slit visor.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Here's a little thing that just utterly delights and fascinates me: it's been discovered that most of the minor NPCs in Breath of the Wild are basically just Miis.

https://twitter.com/HEYimHeroic/status/1345946860222033923?s=20

The thread goes into more of an explanation, but the basis of it is that BotW's Hylian and Sheikah NPCs were made as Miis and then ran through a sort of converter to change them into the BotW style of character.

This means that with a bit of modding and work, you can get your own Miis into the game and replace existing the existing NPCs with your own, which is kind of cool and I am certain we're going to get some weird as gently caress stuff out of this and I can't wait to see it. :swoon:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Vandar posted:

Here's a little thing that just utterly delights and fascinates me: it's been discovered that most of the minor NPCs in Breath of the Wild are basically just Miis.

The thread goes into more of an explanation, but the basis of it is that BotW's Hylian and Sheikah NPCs were made as Miis and then ran through a sort of converter to change them into the BotW style of character.

This means that with a bit of modding and work, you can get your own Miis into the game and replace existing the existing NPCs with your own, which is kind of cool and I am certain we're going to get some weird as gently caress stuff out of this and I can't wait to see it. :swoon:

I need her to do some of the nightmare miis that everyone has made.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Am I the only one getting Robocop vibes from this? The exposed chin and thin slit visor.

i never made that comparison and, well youre not wrong

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also looks to be the origin of those Imperial Gunnery Officer helmets in Star Wars too, I'd wager.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I was today years old when I realized the rebel trooper helmets were the same as the gunner helmets, just white with no lower face plate.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vandar posted:

Oh my god

Towns full of Hank Hills and the Burger Kings :pray:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Something from Breath of the Wild that I only fully appreciated now, when I hit the point where it comes up in Age of Calamity.

When Zelda gets her presumably-ceremonial dress, in later flashbacks from BotW (and after you hit the same point in Age of Calamity), it's actually EXTREMELY unflattering on her, looking like either it's designed for someone bigger than her, doesn't suit her figure, or that it's just never actually meant to look good at all.

I thought it was just a bad design when I played BotW, but now that I've hit it in Age of Calamity I'm realizing that's probably deliberate. The ceremonial, magical role just isn't right for BotW Zelda like it is for most other incarnations of the character, so the outfit itself not suiting her is perfect. Also, that sort of garb never looks good on anyone anyway, so it only follows that it looks bad on Zelda, too.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Cleretic posted:

Something from Breath of the Wild that I only fully appreciated now, when I hit the point where it comes up in Age of Calamity.

When Zelda gets her presumably-ceremonial dress, in later flashbacks from BotW (and after you hit the same point in Age of Calamity), it's actually EXTREMELY unflattering on her, looking like either it's designed for someone bigger than her, doesn't suit her figure, or that it's just never actually meant to look good at all.

I thought it was just a bad design when I played BotW, but now that I've hit it in Age of Calamity I'm realizing that's probably deliberate. The ceremonial, magical role just isn't right for BotW Zelda like it is for most other incarnations of the character, so the outfit itself not suiting her is perfect. Also, that sort of garb never looks good on anyone anyway, so it only follows that it looks bad on Zelda, too.

I just wish that I could change it back to her regular adventuring gear in AoC - the only other costume option (unlocked only after beating the game) is some winter getup.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Streets of Rage 4 does so many things well but one thing I love is that your back attack is at least 10db louder than your normal hits so it feels extra good when you turn the tables on some cheapshotting bitch Donovan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

I just wish that I could change it back to her regular adventuring gear in AoC - the only other costume option (unlocked only after beating the game) is some winter getup.

You can. Unequip the costume and she goes back to her regular gear.

She has Regular (no costume equipped) Dress (costume) and Winter Garb (costume)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's an exploit, but I've always had a fond memory of how alchemy could break Morrowind over the knee. Basically, you'd start by whipping up a potion that boosted your intelligence (which informed alchemy) with a high increase but short duration. The twist was that the duration was practically infinite as long as you were in a menu or a crafting panel.

I'm going to use random numbers here, but you could made a potion that made your alchemy higher by 5 for 1 second. Under the effect of that potion, you could make one that boosted your intelligence high enough that the next potion would boost it by 20 for a second. Repeat, repeat, repeat, until you're making potions that boosted your intelligence by 343-exponent-47 for the real-world duration of the universe. The next step was making a potion that increased whatever skill or stat you wanted. Sure, you didn't need to - and given how Morrowind was held together by string, hopes, and prayers, it often caused something to go wrong - but boy was it fun.

I mean, I still remember doing it to fortify your acrobatics (jumping, basically) skill to obscene levels. Either you'd yeet yourself off the game's island (while the game struggled to load a outdoor zone as you were miles away from it), or mundanely jump up so powerfully that you'd wedge yourself into ceiling.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought what you did was use intelligence to boost intelligence, then use your boosted intelligence to boost smithing, then in the brief moment you were the greatest smith that ever existed forge a +100000000% damage axe and go on to one-hit every enemy remaining in the game

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Fortify speed meant that tapping the W key just sent you to a loading screen lol

My buddy did this and went full on power mad, and did fortify health (which increases your current health temporarily, but then it goes back to the value it was before at the end of the duration) for like millions to become invincible. Problem is, he kept taking damage that just didn't kill him, and the potion eventually wore off, putting him instantly into the negatives of thousands of health. Dropped stone dead, and there was nothing he could do about it at all.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I just stuck with the boring glitch where a custom spell with fortify [thing] and soul trap would make the stat boost permanent. Repeat until you can easily cast a custom spell that shoots a projectile that causes a max radius max damage explosion capable of one-shotting an entire city, then fly around on a rampage until you get bored and reload.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

I just stuck with the boring glitch where a custom spell with fortify [thing] and soul trap would make the stat boost permanent. Repeat until you can easily cast a custom spell that shoots a projectile that causes a max radius max damage explosion capable of one-shorting an entire city, then fly around on a rampage until you get bored and reload.

Name it Killdera and use it to kill Caldera

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Something neat with Rayman Legends is that all the levels have some aspect of musicality to them - even the ones that aren't specifically rhythm games have certain moments that sync to the background music if you are playing them well, regardless of which background song is playing at the time. It's very well done.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm not really enjoying much about Metal Gear Survive, but it's nice to play a Metal Gear game with a woman lead character, even if she is pretty much mute.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Something neat with Rayman Legends is that all the levels have some aspect of musicality to them - even the ones that aren't specifically rhythm games have certain moments that sync to the background music if you are playing them well, regardless of which background song is playing at the time. It's very well done.

That game was so much fun playing with my nephews, such a great couch coop game.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just like me, the Rayman games are a whole lot of fun but also just like me, they’re really hard.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Officer I’d like to report a horny

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

oldpainless posted:

Just like me, the Rayman games are a whole lot of fun but also just like me, they’re really hard.

At your age? I doubt it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just realized Sparta Kicking angry chickens is as valid strategy in Odyssey as it is in real life. Sadly you can't subsequently recruit them to your ship crew though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ImpAtom posted:

You can. Unequip the costume and she goes back to her regular gear.

She has Regular (no costume equipped) Dress (costume) and Winter Garb (costume)

You tell me this now after I've beaten every mission in the game???

Funny thing is, I knew I could unequip costumes, I remember checking the champions' before and after costumes. Never thought to try it on Zelda.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I just realized Sparta Kicking angry chickens is as valid strategy in Odyssey as it is in real life. Sadly you can't subsequently recruit them to your ship crew though.

Sparta Kicking enemies off fortress walls is part of my usual stealth strategy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bony tony posted:

Sparta Kicking enemies off fortress walls is part of my usual stealth strategy.

I ignored it at first because it initially feels underpowered, but the ability to kick dudes off their own boat every few seconds is an absolute game changer.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just got to the credits sequence in Rayman Legends. I had no idea that the Land of the Livid Dead was a bonus, I thought it was the last story level, although it might still be after In get 400 Teensies, which I'm planning on doing most of the remaining 120 by going to the origins levels next.

also every level now has an invaded version with Dark Rayman

The game has SO MUCH CONTENT! The main levels are basically 10% of it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I ignored it at first because it initially feels underpowered, but the ability to kick dudes off their own boat every few seconds is an absolute game changer.

On my second playthrough I'm being much less sneaky, and it's a very different game. Instead of rush assassinating everyone in a fort before they know I'm there, I ride in on my battle pony and fire explosive arrows at them. Let them hit the alarm, that only gives me more XP and gold.

AC Odyssey owns so loving hard and everyone who is all "oh Screed never innovates and is just the same game over and over again" should play it.

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star

bony tony posted:

AC Odyssey owns so loving hard and everyone who is all "oh Screed never innovates and is just the same game over and over again" should play it.

This is very true to a point where even Ubi couldn’t quite match up - I haven’t managed to get as much joy out of Valhalla as I got from Odyssey but then Odyssey was genuinely one of my favourite games last year and I really, really enjoyed it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think I said it in the other thread, but Valhalla is a real return to form for Assassin's Creed (in a bad way). After Origins' and Odyssey's approach of "you're only limited by player skill and character level, kill a cultist you're not supposed to because his level is (skull) but you're a badass, go wherever, fuckit", you're back to check lists and progress bars. Your crew doesn't even keep singing after you leave the boat, what is this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can do both of the things you just listed in Valhalla though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think I played it too soon after Odyssey, so it contrasted too much for me (especially since Odyssey is one of my absolute favorite games ever).

A thing I like about Valhalla is that you're encouraged to keep using and upgrading the same equipment and armor throughout the game, rather than the endless churn of swords, bows, and breastplates that Odyssey gave you.