Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

human garbage bag posted:

What's a good streaming service to watch the playoffs? I don't have a TV provider, and am willing to pay to stream the games live.

I’d check YoutubeTV or Hulu Live TV to see which has the local stations you need, but if you have an actual tv with a tuner all you might need is a $10 set of rabbit ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I’d check YoutubeTV or Hulu Live TV to see which has the local stations you need, but if you have an actual tv with a tuner all you might need is a $10 set of rabbit ears.

I believe ESPN still has at least one game, but other than that yeah if you've got a TV an antenna of some sort will likely work. Well as long as you are in a somewhat ok location for reception.

I have no idea how to check that without actually getting one and trying.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

I believe ESPN still has at least one game, but other than that yeah if you've got a TV an antenna of some sort will likely work. Well as long as you are in a somewhat ok location for reception.

https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

the espn game is simulcast on abc

also, goddammit

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1346033645144911873

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Skwirl posted:

At the restaurant I used to work at we'd just boil the container of honey.

If you have an Instant pot, put a trivet in the bottom, fill it with water, put the honey container in and set it to the Keep Warm setting

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

First Monday of 2021 starts at the tire shop after running into an 8 inch piece of metal on the freeway, killing a new tire I just bought around Thanksgiving.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/tiger_beatdown/status/1345933776300498946
Just take anything unique from this region to appeal to tech companies

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol man Cobra Kai is so cheesy bad. But drat if I didn’t watch 9 episodes!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah but that accent loving needs to die so, yanno...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Speaking of Cobra Kai, I just discovered a martial art/sport called Kudo, which is basically MMA but with far few rules and they wear space helmets to protect their head from all the “illegal” strikes that are now legal, like 12-to-6 elbows to the back of the head

https://twitter.com/xplaystationpa1/status/1345465637699727362?s=21

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Skwirl posted:

Given the number of people who want to go to Disneyland and not wear a mask i think there's some real potential for growth here.

https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/1345886414987173888?s=20

You ever think of diversifying your business Braksgirl?

I should probably strike while the iron's hot, no?

But no, these are 10000% unofficial and I think Disney will probably shut this down. But maybe not? There are tons of those princess parties where you can pay to have Disney princesses show up at your kid's birthday party so who knows. I think it's a bit double standard-y though, that they make us TAs jump through hoops and stick to very strict rules (we're not allowed to show pics of Disney parks in the rain because they want us to never imply that it rains at Disney) but these people can have Mickey preside over your funeral. Lord.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ironically the “karate kid” has atrocious form. Dude who plays Johnny Lawrence actually has drat good form. Dudes clearly kept up at it

The evil girl is an awful awful actress. Comically bad in her lines.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ironically the “karate kid” has atrocious form. Dude who plays Johnny Lawrence actually has drat good form. Dudes clearly kept up at it

The evil girl is an awful awful actress. Comically bad in her lines.

Daniel's always had a pretty goofy looking form and his posture, especially while in his gi(?), is terrible too. There's a shot of him in one of the final few episodes and his shoulders are forward and his back is hunched while you're looking at him straight on. I don't know if he was flexing trying to look bigger or what but he looked ridiculous.

Still gonna watch season 4 tho

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

I should probably strike while the iron's hot, no?

But no, these are 10000% unofficial and I think Disney will probably shut this down. But maybe not? There are tons of those princess parties where you can pay to have Disney princesses show up at your kid's birthday party so who knows. I think it's a bit double standard-y though, that they make us TAs jump through hoops and stick to very strict rules (we're not allowed to show pics of Disney parks in the rain because they want us to never imply that it rains at Disney) but these people can have Mickey preside over your funeral. Lord.

Which will never not be funny since it rains in FL loving constantly.

Also I will never understand needing to visit Disney more than once, and even with free passes holy poo poo is it not worth it

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

And I'll never understand why people who hate Disney constantly feel the need to tell everyone how much they hate Disney so here we are.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

General Dog posted:

I feel dumb for not knowing this before, but did you know if you have a jar of honey that’s crystallized you can microwave it to get it back to its original state?

The honey we get from our bees crystallizes in about a month, so that's what I think of as its normal state. The boiling water method works, although if it's in a wide-mouth jar and you're using it in a recipe like making bread or a smoothie, spooning it out crystallized is easier than dealing with it as a viscous liquid.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I saw Soul last night and liked it, but I feel it has to compete with Coco a little which I liked a lot more.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

achillesforever6 posted:

Way back in high school I set out to consciously remove any trace of a southern accent and in retrospect I regret it, just for giving in to the stereotypes of others. I have started working y’all back into my vocabulary though, because it’s just such a useful word.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Everyone should get to visit Disneyland once as a child, once with a child, and once with a big bag of hallucinogens, I hate crowds and paying money and all that corporate jazz and I still had a blast all 3 times!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Daniel's always had a pretty goofy looking form and his posture, especially while in his gi(?), is terrible too. There's a shot of him in one of the final few episodes and his shoulders are forward and his back is hunched while you're looking at him straight on. I don't know if he was flexing trying to look bigger or what but he looked ridiculous.

Still gonna watch season 4 tho

His elbows are always out of place and if i got more into detail I’ll sound like a karate autist but yeah he’s just so awkward looking. You can tell he hasn’t kept up too much because he’s insanely stiff - which I fully respect because he’s 50+

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

achillesforever6 posted:

I've been called out as a Yinzer as far away as Paris and Melbourne, and that's with my mom correcting me my whole life. It's inescapable, especially in the long "o", and the vowel shift from long "i" to /ah/ where tiger becomes 'tagger' etc

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

At least its not a baltimore accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7a-p4psRA

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Baltimore accent rules and I laugh so when I hear one. All O sounds sounding like ew, lmfao

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Curfewww aveneuwwww twoooo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Holy poo poo lol

I don't know what a Philly accent is, I assume it's just the same as a South Jersey accent (wooder instead of water, etc)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Sweet double-whammy of not being able to fall asleep and then waking up at 3AM for about an hour and a half last night. Really not an ideal lead-in to the Monday after a holiday break, especially considering I'm sitting in the same chair I've been playing games in for a significant portion of the last 11 days.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah first day back for me as well and I didn’t get a good night of sleep.

Not working is way better than working imo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

iwentdoodie posted:

Which will never not be funny since it rains in FL loving constantly.

Also I will never understand needing to visit Disney more than once, and even with free passes holy poo poo is it not worth it

Look man Space Mountain is super loving fun anytime that i ride it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"drat what the gently caress we really talk like that?!"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

C-Euro posted:

Holy poo poo lol

I don't know what a Philly accent is, I assume it's just the same as a South Jersey accent (wooder instead of water, etc)

Feck you *throws 9 volt*

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
First Monday of the year, woke up early got some cleaning done, did some sit ups and push ups.

Sat down at the work computer and I cannot focus for more than like 2 minutes. I did sleep through the night so I guess I've got that going for me.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The numbers were already posted, but this is my first time on a computer with Excel this year, so here's the final post counts for the TFF 2020 Chat Thread top 30 posters.

The sum total of posts made by we top 30 is exactly 67% of the total number of replies (55,743 of 82,966 total), so this represents two-thirds of chat thread content.

Also it's in Bookman Old Style, so feel free to include this on legal briefs and whatever.

e: Also I made a joke in early October about C-Euro and I being neck and neck, and he edged me out by three posts, so we're nothing if not consistent over time.

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 4, 2021

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZ4AjSq5i4

Me meeting my French patrician gf's family

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Poor Ziggy got real spooked today. Another dog got loose from their collar and tried to attack him. Other owner had their boxer off the sidewalk, standing over it with the dog between her legs, leash looked to be in a good position. We got past them and the boxer must have slipped through their collar . Got a few nips on Ziggy before I could get between them and the owner could literally tackle their dog. No blood drawn, no problem. Felt bad for the woman because it looked like they were doing everything right and the collar was just a bit too loose.

And yeah, today has not been fun. Barely slept last night for unknown reasons, and this week I'm doing a pretty serious elimination diet because my girlfriend has to. Basically just meat and vegetables for the next week. And no booze.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't sleep great. Took me a lot longer to fall asleep than normal, then woke up twice from nightmares. My wife had to wake me up once because I was trying to scream in my dream and to her it sounded like I was struggling to breathe or something.

Another goal for this year, not be in the top 10 posters, which I realize this isn't helping. I should probably be more productive with my time.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I can say I slept great last night.

This was likely because I slept like crap Saturday night due to a combination of a late nap, and my roommate being out of town so I'm watching the dog and she has 2 modes of sleeping. 1.) Like a rock (Last night), 2.) Jumping off the bed, then back on and walking all over me every 45 minutes to 1.5 hours (saturday)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bird in a Blender posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't sleep great. Took me a lot longer to fall asleep than normal, then woke up twice from nightmares. My wife had to wake me up once because I was trying to scream in my dream and to her it sounded like I was struggling to breathe or something.

Another goal for this year, not be in the top 10 posters, which I realize this isn't helping. I should probably be more productive with my time.

I’ve accidentally elbowed my SO in the face when she’s woken me from a bad dream :( She’s said that I’ve woken up screaming on several occasions so it sounds like things are going great in my brain!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The numbers were already posted, but this is my first time on a computer with Excel this year, so here's the final post counts for the TFF 2020 Chat Thread top 30 posters.

The sum total of posts made by we top 30 is exactly 67% of the total number of replies (55,743 of 82,966 total), so this represents two-thirds of chat thread content.

Also it's in Bookman Old Style, so feel free to include this on legal briefs and whatever.

“Mr. of YOSPOS, I’d like to direct your attention to the chart here. Can you explain to the jury what you see?”

:justpost:

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AlphabetWorkers/status/1346050124544233473?s=19

Hell yeah. Obviously it's not like Google developers are oppressed or anything, but it'll be good to have an organization that can try to keep management in line with regards to social justice, treatment of contractors, and suchlike.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

e: Also I made a joke in early October about C-Euro and I being neck and neck, and he edged me out by three posts, so we're nothing if not consistent over time.

Lol at Mel being 8th, when did he bail from the thread again? What a work rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Hell yeah. Obviously it's not like Google developers are oppressed or anything, but it'll be good to have an organization that can try to keep management in line with regards to social justice, treatment of contractors, and suchlike.

all my in-laws are in tech and they desperately need a union so badly lol

my brother-in-law was forced to take the week of christmas off as paid vacation, burning his vacation days, then they emailed him on Christmas Eve telling him they needed a deliverable ready to go on Monday morning