Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

when did the actor currently voicing scrooge mcduck start being seen as an expert on memes?

He was at the centre of superwholock. Guarantee he knows way more about memes than he ever wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

The story about the Demon Core is just pure :wtc:

When making a nuclear bomb, why just muck about with only a screwdriver and your hand?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

When making a nuclear bomb, why just muck about with only a screwdriver and your hand?

Seriouspost: It made the loving nerd's dick hard.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dialhforhero posted:

Same reason a novice developer will just change code in production. It makes him feel like hot poo poo right up until the moment he drops a DB table or something

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Why does he want an insecure partner?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Why does he want an insecure partner?

He wants a partner where all access points can be exploited unprotected?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No sex without a valid certificate

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

who dis?

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Platystemon posted:

untainted by pummelo.
I cannot stand by while you say such things about pomelos. Unlike their bastard grandchildren that taste like poison, they are a wonderful treat to share.
/

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

dialhforhero posted:

Cause humans are dumb as hell, especially when the risks of doing so are well known, but there isnt a definitive "This is what happens when you gently caress up" example, until that person becomes the example.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Cause humans are dumb as hell, especially when the risks of doing so are well known, but there isnt a definitive "This is what happens when you gently caress up" example, until that person becomes the example.

And then like two other people do the same goddamn thing to show how hardcore they are.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

original Children of Bodom

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Yeah but in this case the same exact piece of plutonium killed a guy doing a similar experiment a few months earlier.

CopperHound posted:

I cannot stand by while you say such things about pomelos. Unlike their bastard grandchildren that taste like poison, they are a wonderful treat to share.
/

I don’t hate grapefruits like you do, but pummelos are indeed better.

Platystemon posted:

I like lemons and limes, but don’t ask me why we bred oranges or grapefruits. The wild types are just better.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Jan 4, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

Louis Slotin apparently was well known for his recklessness and lots of people at Los Alamos thought it was only a matter of time before he hosed up and hurt himself or died.

Reminds me of a time I went to an aviation safety seminar and the speaker opened by asking "how many of you know a pilot who's been involved in an accident?"
About 8 people raised their hands.
"Okay, now how many of you were not surprised to hear it was that that guy who got into an accident?"
All 8 hands stayed up.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Barudak posted:

The people who pronounce it as two separate "me"s as in the in the English 1st person pronoun or as two "may"s pronounced like the month are gonna be cross with you.

Good thing they can't read, huh?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I kinda understood me-me, but may-may is just making poo poo up, thats not how the 'me' syllable works in english, and even in moonspeak it needs an accent

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The most absurd variation I heard was pronounced "mehm". Someone I knew insisted that was correct based on the fact that their isolated community all pronounced it that way

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

I kinda understood me-me, but may-may is just making poo poo up, thats not how the 'me' syllable works in english, and even in moonspeak it needs an accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCOIZDttei4&t=22s

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's mimmeh just like memetics.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jabberlock posted:

The most absurd variation I heard was pronounced "mehm". Someone I knew insisted that was correct based on the fact that their isolated community all pronounced it that way

Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The true hardcore pronunciation is to say anime like it rhymes with lime

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Jabberlock posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CaBdYd1.gifv

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Barudak posted:

The people who pronounce it as two separate "me"s as in the in the English 1st person pronoun or as two "may"s pronounced like the month are gonna be cross with you.

Fortunately, flipping poo poo and having it be the same is a tried and true facebook proof, so I'd just need to put my post on a picture of a minion or tweety bird to get them to agree with me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hihohe posted:

The true hardcore pronunciation is to say anime like it rhymes with lime

http://spamusement.com/index.php/comics/view/221?commentary=0

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose

Fair enough, I guess he was secretly French the whole time

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1346154929841430529

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

dialhforhero posted:

Yeah it definitely goes places.

https://youtu.be/6ZIjbX1gj88

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

dialhforhero posted:

For science of course!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Just because they were nuclear physicists doesn't mean they were smart.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Pronounce it like "Maybe" but with a M instead of a B

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I pronounce it like mehmeh.

https://i.imgur.com/YB0TpOA.mp4

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flavor.flv posted:

He was at the centre of superwholock. Guarantee he knows way more about memes than he ever wanted to

Somebody on Twitter once posted how they'd let Tennant raw them, and his wife replied that he was too old to know what that was soooo...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

oh hell yes :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011