Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ikanreed posted:

So when exactly did odie's owner cease to exist?

Almost immediately. I remember having a book as a kid that was "narrated" by Garfield, and in it he says something like "Lyman showed up, dropped off Odie, and disappeared forever. I hate Lyman."

BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

Single Person Comics

Zelda: Younger middle aged people are pretentious and think everyone has cooties.

Zelda is no more. The artist has gone on another hiatus in order to focus on other projects.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Alhazred posted:

Zelda is no more. The artist has gone on another hiatus in order to focus on other projects.

Did we ever learn who Zelda's baby-daddy was?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 31, 1943)

When we last saw him, Sligon had brown hair. He seems to have aged rather quickly in spite of his relaxed lifestyle.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't poo poo on ex-cons Marla. That's a dick thing, and they statistically didn't do poo poo.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man these Bean Dad jokes are getting abstract.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ikanreed posted:

So when exactly did odie's owner cease to exist?
After a few months he stopped being a regular, and then kept fading out. Lyman's last normal appearance was April 24th, 1983. (He showed up in the title panel for the 10th anniversary strip, and as a picture on a newspaper Jon was reading after that.)

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Uffe opened his eyes.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Zereth posted:

After a few months he stopped being a regular, and then kept fading out. Lyman's last normal appearance was April 24th, 1983. (He showed up in the title panel for the 10th anniversary strip, and as a picture on a newspaper Jon was reading after that.)

The internet seems convinced that Jon tortured Lyman in a basement dungeon and then murdered him.

That's what I'm going to believe

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

manero posted:

The internet seems convinced that Jon tortured Lyman in a basement dungeon and then murdered him.

That's what I'm going to believe
There used to be old point-and-click adventure games on the Garfield site and one of them was set on Halloween where Garfield is exploring a haunted mansion. Lyman's found in the basement dungeon held to the walls with shackles and had an item for beating the game.

For a while Davis used to joke that Lyman was in Jon's basement but would later say he joined the Peace Corp and went overseas and a later Garfield property had Lyman become a wildlife photographer that had gotten lost looking for a cryptid and then later got a job as the cryptid scaring poachers off.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Amazing. Kinda reminds me of the "Nine Lives of Garfield" or whatever book I had as a kid. There was some weird poo poo in there.

E: This thing

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

manero posted:

Amazing. Kinda reminds me of the "Nine Lives of Garfield" or whatever book I had as a kid. There was some weird poo poo in there.

I remember being in a doctor's office back in the 90's and they were playing the cartoon version of the Garfield Noir adaptation and I was very, very confused as to why there were no jokes or funny things on screen.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Fuckin :laffo: at that last panel.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Kavak posted:

I remember being in a doctor's office back in the 90's and they were playing the cartoon version of the Garfield Noir adaptation and I was very, very confused as to why there were no jokes or funny things on screen.

All I remember were a couple were really dark. It was either the middle one or the lower left one. I wish I still had my copy laying around.

And the one with the vikings was a bit salacious IIRC

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vargo posted:

Did we ever learn who Zelda's baby-daddy was?

It was Ariel.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Rae the Doe #365, from the web archives

:unsmith:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

riderchop posted:

Bahahahaha.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Whoa

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"OK so half the milkshake is fine, right?"

Giant-Size Andertoons

(No, the second and third are not the same.)

Apartment 3-G

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lol at the idea of Nu-Mark Trail ever outgrowing the eye-poking.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 5, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Whoa

:laffo:

riderchop posted:

This is really good.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
What word was a homophone there?

vvvvv aah, I tried to find some weird pun in the middle panel.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 4, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPrI8db74kA

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Whoa

That third panel :dudsmile:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (June 22, 1933)

Peanuts (January 7, 1974...and no color smear this time. I know you're disappointed.)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 5, 1937)

Out Our Way (November 25-27, 1935)

Toonerville Folks, in which Tomboy Taylor assumes her final form in a shocking rapid time. (January 6-8, 1917)

Dok's "Here's An Angle The Lumières Never Figured Out" Duck (May 29, 1913)

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (November 25-27, 1935)

Some things never change. :argh:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Love how Moomin Maiden is visibly flop sweating in the last panel.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

they already did this plot

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Crankshaft? Repeat the same trite "youngsters and their gizmos don't understand good ol' technology!" poo poo? Nooooo, clearly not.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hostile V posted:

Crankshaft? Repeat the same trite "youngsters and their gizmos don't understand good ol' technology!" poo poo? Nooooo, clearly not.

It's time for another Tom Batiuk Tackles Alzheimer's storyline, this time starring Tom Batiuk!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SubNat posted:

Moominposting

I've always liked that whole trope of " characters that are usually naked, wear clothes to bathe"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Too much amazing stuff got posted today I don't know where to start, drat.

The Shadow Jul. 12th, 1940

Axa

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Welp, my real life situation sure turned into a mess almost immediately after I finished the OP.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma appears in the South Korean newspaper the Sports Dongah. It's the successor strip to It's All Right Chief Dharma from the South Korean newspaper Money Today. The title character is a low-ranking manager in the office of a low-to-mid size importing/exporting company. His punny name is meant to give a feeling of spiritual acceptance with the farcical realities of doing business.

This guy isn't Dharma though, this is Carl Dashum, whose Korean name roughly means running with a huffing puffing sound. It's meant to be ironic, which I tried to recreate in translation. He's a bit of a Caspar Milquetoast type character, except self-aware of it and trying to defy his stereotype to limited success. I would say he got off to a good start this year- except that I'm still a couple of weeks behind, as you can see, and unlikely to catch up in the near future. Nuts.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 4, 2021

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Vomit font

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Alhazred posted:

Too bad. I notice, though, that Zelda had been shifting from "catastrophically messed up" to "self-aware character with foibles and an apparent side of authorial insert". Much like Cathy did, long ago. Very different kind of "messed up", of course.