Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Slim Jims are made in Italian delis and hung up at the front of the store for months to age. :colbert:

I don't think this true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I don’t know what the hell you guys are talking about those are very clearly carrots

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's probably because it's filled with fat. Most fatty meats tend to shrink and curl up a ton when they cook. So that pepperoni is a far lower quality.

I hate those puck bowls filled with grease. So disgusting. That's what you find in those super cheap pizzas at the grocery store. If a pizza is too greasy I'll pat it with a paper towel but with a pizza that has those shrunken pepperoni bowls you could probably just dump it out.

Are you me? did I post this?

e:

This is what 'pepperoni' should look like when not on a pizza.

To the bitter, ignorant moron who indicated that it would be 'poached deli meat' if cheese was left on it, I'm afraid that YOU are the one that is mistaken, and gravely, if you feel that a proper sausage, such as that, would be 'poached' by being baked in a high temp. pizza oven or placed under a broiler. You poor childe.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 4, 2021

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
High quality pepperoni doesn't make any sense, it's supposed to be terrible. Like Wonder Bread, or Steak-ums, or Hershey's Chocolate.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Are you me? did I post this?

You're a far angrier version of me.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
starting to think the crack smoking epidemic in wisconsin is worse than i'd believed,

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

High quality pepperoni doesn't make any sense, it's supposed to be terrible. Like Wonder Bread, or Steak-ums, or Hershey's Chocolate.

Hershey’s isn’t bad it’s just someone vomited in the first batch so now all Americans think chocolate is meant to taste and smell of vomit so they have to pay someone to vomit in every batch. (Jk, I know it’s to do with using powdered versus fresh milk)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheAardvark posted:

Ah, I see the problem. I'm pretty sure those are slices of slim jims.

Yeah this is what that other goofball is putting on his it seems

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hershey’s isn’t bad it’s just someone vomited in the first batch so now all Americans think chocolate is meant to taste and smell of vomit so they have to pay someone to vomit in every batch. (Jk, I know it’s to do with using powdered versus fresh milk)

It’s because the milk is treated with Butyric Acid, the same compound that makes vomit smell like vomit.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Why would you do this and why do people eat it.

I tried Hershey's exactly once and as it tasted of vomit I have not had it again.

I would risk one random pizza from this thread before Hershey's chocovomit.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've actually never really picked up on the whole 'Hersheys tastes like vomit' thing.

I don't really LIKE hersheys, so I don't buy it. But I never had it and thought 'this tastes like puke', either. I wonder if it's a cilantro-like reaction of some sort?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

I tried Hershey's exactly once and as it tasted of vomit I have not had it again.

I would risk one random pizza from this thread before Hershey's chocovomit.

It is INCREDIBLE how much loyalty Hershey fans have to their disreputably flavored chocolate. I can eat it because I grew up in the U.S. and it's everywhere, but would never pass on chocolate made without butyric acid in favor of Hershey's. Gah.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think Hershey's is OK but the real joy comes from how much it upsets British fancy-lads.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't taste any vomit flavor from Hersey's. If anything it tastes incredibly neutral and not much flavor. I never understood how people can taste that.

I'm not a fan of cilantro though. I'll eat it because I'm not picky with my food, but I won't ask for it or anything.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s because the milk is treated with Butyric Acid, the same compound that makes vomit smell like vomit.

It's also the same compound that makes parmesean smell and taste like parmesean.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

reignonyourparade posted:

It's also the same compound that makes parmesean smell and taste like parmesean.

That... I... Wow. I didn't know that but it makes total sense. Maybe my reservation stems from it being used in a sweet versus a savory food.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

The process used to stabilize Hershey's milk chocolate creates the butyric acid mentioned above. Hershey's became the big name in chocolate since the process allowed them to be the first mass-producers of chocolate, people started to associate that taste with chocolate, and so other companies started adding butyric acid to their milk chocolate because people thought it tasted weird otherwise. It's absolutely stupid as all hell.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Extra Large Marge posted:

I think Hershey's is OK but the real joy comes from how much it upsets British fancy-lads.

Eating puke to own the brits

Just lmao at enjoying Hersheys kisses though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh my, is that Hershey’s chocolate you’re eating? You, sir, are utter trash, a buffoon, a classless half-wit with all the taste of an old dog drinking a piss puddle!

*squirts ketchup on catupiry, saffron, and cum pizza*

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Oh my, is that Hershey’s chocolate you’re eating? You, sir, are utter trash, a buffoon, a classless half-wit with all the taste of an old dog drinking a piss puddle!

:thumbsup:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

OI GOVNA!?
FAHNCY AH SLOOICE TA WARSH DAWN YAR CHO-CO-LATE?!

OI'S EVEN GOT THE OL SLABBY PLOPS ONNIT DONNIT!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing says classic like a tub of mashed peas in the back and a basket of dick to liven up the british tradition of street sweepings and lard.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Then they start telling you about chocolate oranges, Yorkie bars, and an endless list of chocolate confectionaries that every British fancy-lad seems to have an opinion about.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I can attest to this, I worked in a lab that would have to use butyric acid once or twice a year and I would always be the poor sap roped into it. There is an especially cheesy vomity smell stuck in your nostrils after working with the stuff.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

OI GOVNA!?

the ghost of pigs past

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Big Beef City posted:

OI GOVNA!?

what is this accent i can't quite place it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

other people posted:

what is this accent i can't quite place it

German.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Maybe it's actually my puke that tastes of chocolate

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

Nothing says classic like a tub of mashed peas in the back and a basket of dick to liven up the british tradition of street sweepings and lard.

Looking at it again, those are all the items on the pizza. Frankly I’d give a prosciutto and sausage pizza a try, although maybe nix the mushy pea sauce. If there’s peaness on my pizza I prefer it to have a firmer texture.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
In retrospect the "mushy pea sauce" MIGHT be pesto?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

In retrospect the "mushy pea sauce" MIGHT be pesto?

Well it would ruin my joke but sure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You know, thin slices of carne asada with a drizzle of chimichurri on a brick oven thin crust might be pretty tasty?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yea, I know it's the poo poo on the pizza and it's maybe supposed to be pesto, but it's from some british place and it's mushed peas and dicks god dammit.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I think we have demonstrated in this thread that there are enough bad pizzas in the world that we don't need to make up ingredients being other ingredients to turn perfectly fine pizzas into Bad Pizzas to have Bad Pizza Content.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
poo poo I'm sorry I JUST parsed the actual joke in question. THAT's definitely worth making things up about perfectly fine pizzas for.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Pfft everyone knows the best toppings are hyperbole, false equivalency, and incomprehensible unwarranted rage

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Fuckin shameful

That's because we want to choose if we want to eat with a knife and fork or by hand.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
imagine being so lazy you cant cut the pizza yourself

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
When you go to a pizza place in the US, do you get a knife and fork with it or do they expect you to eat it with your hands slice by slice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Admiral Goodenough posted:

When you go to a pizza place in the US, do you get a knife and fork with it or do they expect you to eat it with your hands slice by slice?
they cut it but there's also usually silverware on the tables so people can self identify as big dumb babies.