Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

dogsicle posted:

using her skill shuts off her C1 so it'd be important to know how that affects her damage. given her burst is just an excuse to refresh her skill though, i suppose you can't really escape that and should just treat C1 as a bonus for the like 5s her skill and burst are both on cooldown

Andrast posted:

C1 for Fish has got to be one of the most overrated constellations in the game. It's a minor damage boost for the small time your Oz isn't on the field.

Yeah, I think it's just a bonus for when Oz isn't present. I mean, my current Fischl does 15k damage to nearby enemies on summoning Oz, and he hits for 4-5k per attack, and if you have C6 then he also attacks along with you as if he wasn't summoned, except with lightning element instead of physical (and for all characters, not just Fischl). He does so much more damage summoned (if there are enemies in range) that the damage loss from his C1 not being utilized is negligible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AG3 posted:

Yeah, I think it's just a bonus for when Oz isn't present. I mean, my current Fischl does 15k damage to nearby enemies on summoning Oz, and he hits for 4-5k per attack, and if you have C6 then he also attacks along with you as if he wasn't summoned, except with lightning element instead of physical (and for all characters, not just Fischl). He does so much more damage summoned (if there are enemies in range) that the damage loss from his C1 not being utilized is negligible.

Having Oz on the field also gives you access to the A4 talent, which is a big bunch of damage

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

kater posted:

guess this was nothing? rip the nothing rear end mystery of this okay enough sword.

I’m guessing the story continues in another event?

But yea really odd place to leave it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Isn't there some hypostasis thing coming up? If it actually has a story, it might tie into the Dragonspine arc.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

this isn't anything right? i remember spending a lot of time looking for an activating rock and now that i have the compass its not triggering on it so i guess its nothin.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

kater posted:

this isn't anything right? i remember spending a lot of time looking for an activating rock and now that i have the compass its not triggering on it so i guess its nothin.

The activating rock ones are shorter and also a paler color

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

kater posted:

That is a generic prop torch, star puzzle torches are little bit different with a lot bigger bases:

Of course basin and top are together when not lit.

Also compass only shows chests that actually exist in the overworld before puzzles. Ones behind rocks, or guarded by enemies (with purple swirls) show up. Ones behind balloon shooting puzzles or anything that poofs them to existance do not.

Public Service Announcement: Use https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/ if you are not sure about chest (or other) locations. Has saved me minutes of running around.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Thoughts on Fischl C6 + DPS Barbara? I think it could actually be good backup for Tartaglia.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

DPS Barbara
:eyepop:

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I got an electro% goblet with crit rate and crit dmg as substats, which made me think I would be able to improve Keqing's artifacts

Naturally in levelling it the 4th substat spawned as raw DEF and every increase went to that, making it a worse artifact than the one I was already using and something I would trash if I didn't have both Fischl and Beidou also wanting electro% goblets

gently caress you game

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

This is what I did when I fresh and learning the elemental reaction system! Pop Oz, activate Barbara's skill, and then hug the enemy while spamming attacks. Enemy hp melted away, relative to before.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Interesting to hear all this Ganyu discussion. I've got a bunch of primogems saved up and am unsure of who to roll for. I know I'm interested in Xiao, but I'm at soft pity and don't know if I want to hold off rolling until he's out. On one hand I could 100% guarantee getting him since I could roll soft pity + 90 more rolls, but on the other hand skipping an entire banner would be sad, and I would still have a 75% chance of getting Xiao if I rolled now. Even in that case though, I'm not sure whether to go for Albedo or Ganyu. I mostly play on PC so I'd be fine with Ganyu's charged shots, but at the same time it might be good to have a 5-star support? I'm mostly happy with my current roster - I have Diluc and Childe, plus all 4-star characters with a smattering of C1's.

Is it at least confirmed that Xiao will be first out of Xiao/Hu Tao?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I caved and got Albedo. I dont regret it because I love everything about his design but I am panicking that Ganyu might actually be really cool as well (I like the idea of using her in a pyro comp mosty for her ult but also just swapping into E->charged shot whenever pyro is applied). In your case you can wait to see whats on Ganyu's banner and make your mind up from there.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

both Albedo and Ganyu seem super skippable if you don't care about the characters, though we at least know now that Albedo is a nice bonus to have when rolling the banner for 4*. maybe Ganyu ends up in a similar situation but nothing about how she plays seems appealing to me, so i can't sell her. meanwhile both Xiao and Hu Tao look like interesting carry options.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I don’t like mechanics around spending health or having low hp so I’m probably gonna skip both the 1.3 characters unless Hu Tao wins me over in her personal quest like Albedo did.

Ganyu looks like fun to mess around with so I’ll probably pull her. Im way past caring about optimal team comps for abyss and now am focused on characters I like or that look fun or interesting. I can definitely have fun with charged shots in open world stuff.

They will have to add much more compelling rewards than primo gems to spiral abyss to make me care about it enough to affect my pull decisions.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Vargs posted:

Can't stand Sucrose either.

You utter monster, Sucrose is an adorable cinnamon bun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I actually liked Timaeus during the event. Would like him to be a 3* I could pull.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Whatever it takes to get him to take like a step back from the alchemy table.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

No Wave posted:

Thoughts on Fischl C6 + DPS Barbara? I think it could actually be good backup for Tartaglia.

I used Fischl C6 + Mona for quite a while in my Razor team. It works shockingly well. Not every auto attack will apply the reaction since there’s an internal cool down, but Oz just shits out damage numbers too fast to read.

I used it mostly for phys resistant targets like the robots and whenever Razor died. If you can include another off field reaction member it should get even better.

I doubt it is top tier damage compared to Klee/Diluc, but I found it fairly competitive with Razor.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

brainwrinkle posted:

I used Fischl C6 + Mona for quite a while in my Razor team. It works shockingly well. Not every auto attack will apply the reaction since there’s an internal cool down, but Oz just shits out damage numbers too fast to read.

I used it mostly for phys resistant targets like the robots and whenever Razor died. If you can include another off field reaction member it should get even better.

I doubt it is top tier damage compared to Klee/Diluc, but I found it fairly competitive with Razor.
Ty. I like Barbara as a character so I'll try to make it work at some point. Could be fun.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

funkymonks posted:

They will have to add much more compelling rewards than primo gems to spiral abyss to make me care about it enough to affect my pull decisions.

I might delve deeper into Abyss but I did 8 and it was OOPS ALL FATUI and just felt really unfun. I realized then that even with resets it's, at most like, what, 7 pulls maybe 8 if I clear the entire Abyss 9-12? Meh. It's a good chunk, but they couldn't even be troubled to give you a guaranteed ten pull?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saxophone posted:

I might delve deeper into Abyss but I did 8 and it was OOPS ALL FATUI and just felt really unfun. I realized then that even with resets it's, at most like, what, 7 pulls maybe 8 if I clear the entire Abyss 9-12? Meh. It's a good chunk, but they couldn't even be troubled to give you a guaranteed ten pull?

You get 600 primos for 3* everything in a cycle (repeated, not sure about first clear), but since it's not the only reward (and it's free to participate), it's usually worth it to improve - you get also leveling mats, extra 5* artifacts and 2.25 levels for BP.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

You get 600 primos for 3* everything in a cycle (repeated, not sure about first clear), but since it's not the only reward (and it's free to participate), it's usually worth it to improve - you get also leveling mats, extra 5* artifacts and 2.25 levels for BP.

Yeah the rewards are decent. I muddle thru getting something like 75% of the stars without too much trouble. But the extra few primo gems for completely clearing it are just not worth the frustration of a couple of the floors.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Saxophone posted:

it isn't 4 pulls pal.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

By that logic Razor is a bad carry too. You say that doesn't count because Razor's physical damage is very high but Fischl has access to Rust, a weapon with what amounts to +40% physical damage at R1, scaling to +80% at R5. With Rust you can effectively have the equivalent of both an electro and a physical goblet at once.

My point isn't that Fischl is the best carry in the game or some such nonsense, my point is that she is a top tier carry and players without Diluc, Razor, etc shouldn't just dismiss her out of hand especially if they have C1 and Rust.

because you're leaving tons of damage on the table by not swapping off of fischl and using somebody else, who gets the majority of fischl's damage output plus their own damage, reaction damage, fischl talent damage, etc

its nice that rust increases her AA damage, but basically in order to compare how much damage DPS fischl is doing vs having somebody else on the field with fischl, you're comparing -that ENTIRE character's DPS cycle-, vs Fischl standing there, autoattacking, and only her single-target autoattack damage. Fischl's E and other stuff shouldn't be added, as she doesn't need to BE there to cash in on it. You'll find that a lot of other characters have kits that will output more damage than just an autoattacking Fischl. This only compounds when you factor in hitting multiple enemies with autoattacks, as bow user autoattacks can't AoE. Just adding 1 extra enemy hit doubles the DPS vs Fischl.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making GBS threads on the idea that Fischl can be used as a physical attacker. I don't have Razor set up for me, so my Maidens/VV domain team stars Fischl as the DPS, and I've even gotten her a physical damage goblet to bring when its time. If your DPS candidate can't outdo Fischl standing there shooting things with a Rust, you PROBABLY shouldn't be using them as a DPS! But I don't want people to think Fischl DPS is something they should work on when they have better options lying around.

And yes, Razor's a better physical DPS than Fischl because he's a claymore attacker with Physical % on his ascension substat. He might only pull even on single-targets, but against more than 1 enemy Razor is going to be outputting significantly higher physical damage than Fischl.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people on the CBT have apparently been saying xiao needs his gacha weapon to work really well. subject to change of course, but if you're not interested in ganyu and are interested in him perhaps save those gems.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

PJWS is just a stat stick. Deathmatch would do the same thing in a 4* package. I guess you could argue that Xiao prevents the rest of your team from doing things to such an extent that he's only worth it if he has the OP weapon.

(personally, I never take "needs 5* weapon" seriously because all 5* weapons do is make a character ~30% stronger in a very direct mathematical way)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 4, 2021

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I just started this game this weekend. So far so good. Can someone explain the elemental sight thing to me please? i thought it was supposed to highlight enemies in a color or something, but every time I use it they show up white?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just got the Widsith off a non-pity standard banner roll from my BR 30 wish. It looks fairly good for an item I did not know existed, too bad I have no DPS catalyst users levelled or geared.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

smallmouth posted:

I just started this game this weekend. So far so good. Can someone explain the elemental sight thing to me please? i thought it was supposed to highlight enemies in a color or something, but every time I use it they show up white?

It is mainly used for specific quests that will tell you that you need to use it. Outside of that, the main use is tracking down a Seelie if you cannot find it since the empty podium thing will point you in the correct direction with elemental sight. It is not very useful and there is really no reason to use it unless the game tells you to.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

Just got the Widsith off a non-pity standard banner roll from my BR 30 wish. It looks fairly good for an item I did not know existed, too bad I have no DPS catalyst users levelled or geared.

Get ye a Ning! Mine uses it. If you have the BP catalyst it's something like 5ish% better than the Widsith, but for anything but like, Abyss pushing, you won't really notice the difference.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

It is mainly used for specific quests that will tell you that you need to use it. Outside of that, the main use is tracking down a Seelie if you cannot find it since the empty podium thing will point you in the correct direction with elemental sight. It is not very useful and there is really no reason to use it unless the game tells you to.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

the empty podium thing will point you in the correct direction with elemental sight.

I am AR 47. WHAT?!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Widsith is apparently amazing on Mona because you'll swap into her once every thirty seconds for her Q and will get a huge boost in damage. (I don't own a mona... yet)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The other (admittedly minor) use for Elemental Sight is to detect breakable walls. They're pretty obvious once you see them, but they're not obvious enough that you'd notice them just from scanning a landscape, as my Liyue treasure compass can attest to. That being said, Elemental Sight is not the same as, e.g., Batman vision. You are very much not expected to play with it on all the time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Elemental sight also gives away Ruin Guards that will activate. In general, it's good for identifying objects you can interact with quickly and outside of F range.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hazdoc posted:

because you're leaving tons of damage on the table by not swapping off of fischl and using somebody else, who gets the majority of fischl's damage output plus their own damage, reaction damage, fischl talent damage, etc

its nice that rust increases her AA damage, but basically in order to compare how much damage DPS fischl is doing vs having somebody else on the field with fischl, you're comparing -that ENTIRE character's DPS cycle-, vs Fischl standing there, autoattacking, and only her single-target autoattack damage. Fischl's E and other stuff shouldn't be added, as she doesn't need to BE there to cash in on it. You'll find that a lot of other characters have kits that will output more damage than just an autoattacking Fischl. This only compounds when you factor in hitting multiple enemies with autoattacks, as bow user autoattacks can't AoE. Just adding 1 extra enemy hit doubles the DPS vs Fischl.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making GBS threads on the idea that Fischl can be used as a physical attacker. I don't have Razor set up for me, so my Maidens/VV domain team stars Fischl as the DPS, and I've even gotten her a physical damage goblet to bring when its time. If your DPS candidate can't outdo Fischl standing there shooting things with a Rust, you PROBABLY shouldn't be using them as a DPS! But I don't want people to think Fischl DPS is something they should work on when they have better options lying around.

And yes, Razor's a better physical DPS than Fischl because he's a claymore attacker with Physical % on his ascension substat. He might only pull even on single-targets, but against more than 1 enemy Razor is going to be outputting significantly higher physical damage than Fischl.

(Small, but still) counter-point: Fischl built for DPS is invaluable when you don't want to / cannot reach the enemy, like against Eye of Storm, Ruin Guard in air and few other minor exceptions.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The Fischl talk reminds me that I forgot to put savable artifact sets in my survey response. It would be nice to have a physical and electro build saved to switch between with one click.

Same for Keqing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I leveled and used bennet for the event and I wonder why I never did before...Sticking with a mostly static team in these games owned me again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Bennett's crazy strong, and particularly so in this event. His tradeoff is that he's also first in line for characters I hope they make new outfits for one day.