Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

After being haunted by a terrifying entity, a twelve-year-old boy teams up with his eccentric uncle
and three other misfits to form their own ghost club, investigating all the paranormal sites in town
so that he can find and confront the ghost that’s tormenting him.
terrifying entities don't exist

they don't exi-ist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Which one would you rather see, Robo Harry Potter with dying Dan Radcliffe or the coming-of-age story in Teri Schaivo's hospice

Take a drink every time you see a script where it's a limited cast on a spaceship

quote:

FRENEMY
Ariel Sayegh
A chronicle of the infamous Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton feud of 2004-2006 over who would be Britney Spears’ best friend.

I bet Seth is down with this one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

If you told me that this movie had already been made, I would've believed you.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

terrifying entities don't exist

they don't exi-ist!

Its funny that for an actor, Seth has no ability to suspend his disbelief.

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

Can anyone with the patreon tell me how to access the archives? I just paid the $1 tier to access the old episodes and the password doesn't work LOL. There's two posts under the "archive password" tag: one uploaded a year ago and the other uploaded two years ago. They both have the password that starts with "pore" but it doesn't work. I'm bummed and don't really know what to do. There was a post from 10 months ago saying "password doesn't work" so I assume if it hasn't worked for this long then either me and this other person are stupid and doing something wrong? Or idk. Please help me I just wanna listen to old episodes :(

e: holy poo poo I'm stupid hahaha. I just realized that I had the username and password switched around.

soupy. fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 28, 2020

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Newports, Snickers Charged, and a Playgirl

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Quarterroys posted:

Newports, Snickers Charged, and a Playgirl

Hey, do you have matches?

Because I'm going to set them all on fire

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

My wife just got to the episode where Jonathan tries to guess commercial voiceover actors but can't get any of them, and I remember how beautifully it mirrors the the excruciating ego deflation of the "I can guess M&Ms colors blindfolded" saga from like 200 episodes earlier.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Jah has started a Twitch stream. Had some jams going this afternoon, was a fun time. Sounds like he wants to make it a regular thing but it's Jah so who knows. He also teased a potential "ask Jah" call-in show, which would be incredible.

https://twitch.tv/jonathanlarroquette

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
already hit by copyright claims lol

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I wondered about that. There have been mass DMCA claims against Twitch recently.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Probably a dumb question but is the link to craigshouse dead? Had it on my old PC but lost it and I desperately want it back. The link in the OP isn't working for me

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

already hit by copyright claims lol

Have people explained to him how draconian it is now? You can get banned straight away he should stop.

He surely has enough under the radar music that he can use.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Probably a dumb question but is the link to craigshouse dead? Had it on my old PC but lost it and I desperately want it back. The link in the OP isn't working for me

I made a new link. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/DSZxVQIA#NaM-65SWrhrf4FY4uLlISbrISorQ7dyAH3kXX7paLhY

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice

You're my hero. Thank you!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Jonathon just closing out a Sunday stream and it was great. The whole vibe and tunes were perfect

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Probably been answered before. I remember Seth talking about coaching someone to dominate Celebrity Name Game but I don't remember the conclusion to that saga. What happened?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
E: double post

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Probably been answered before. I remember Seth talking about coaching someone to dominate Celebrity Name Game but I don't remember the conclusion to that saga. What happened?

They didn’t get on the show iirc.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah they made it to some stage of the audition process but eventually got weeded out.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I've been listening to random episodes and its amazing how little the show has changed in 15 years. I love it

coathat
May 21, 2007

Yeah the show hit it’s stride around episode 7 and has been amazingly consistent. Although they weren’t able to figure out Horse, Weed, Mind’s Eye for a shockingly long time.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
What episode did seth talk about chicken forks? I've been looking for it for AGES... Chicken forks and chicken spoons and the United States of dipping sauces.

Oh and the one about being a helicopter parent...

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah they made it to some stage of the audition process but eventually got weeded out.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I thought it was a bit but I'm a credulous idiot

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

bollig posted:

I thought it was a bit but I'm a credulous idiot

Don't worry I used to think that seth was divorced with a daughter.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
i hope jeff is doing ok during the pandemic

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

I'm friends with their intern Jennifer and she said it was a bit.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I can’t get Seth’s ‘impeach the president’ version of that Neil Young song out my head this week. gently caress that episode was a long time ago.

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

E: twitch was broken and I thought Jonathan's page got taken down.

soupy. fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 7, 2021

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Live now, just talking https://twitch.tv/jonathanlarroquette

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a compilation of all the new age / aliens / conspiracy conventions and conferences they've discussed?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Does anyone remember the name of the futurist that predicted eternal life in a computer in the latest episode? Name was Pick-something

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This is some primo Jonathan content, three minutes in he is exclaiming "I am not stupid!" and then two minutes later everyone informs him that it is in fact Saturday, not Friday. Pro click.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

This is some primo Jonathan content, three minutes in he is exclaiming "I am not stupid!" and then two minutes later everyone informs him that it is in fact Saturday, not Friday. Pro click.
Hahaha, I tuned in late so I missed that part. I was very confused about the title.

Someone brought up Schneer and Latern, and he had zero clue what that was. Can't blame him one bit, considering that was like 700 episodes ago (jesus christ, we're all so old).

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

250: Seth claims that there has never been a movie titled "Field Trip", and brainstorms a PG-rated comedy about Virginia schoolchildren taking a trip to the site of the Battle of Antietam. Jonathan proposes (UYD listener) Elijah Wood as the teacher. They come up with the idea of a time travel scenario where the class is transported back to "18, whatever the gently caress that happened" and has to rely on the class nerd's knowledge of the battle to survive.

Why hasn't this movie been made yet?

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

In a just world, UYD would be an empire by now.

I’m half a season into Cobra Kai and Seth was so on point about this show. It is loving awesome dumb tv.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

paradoxically, uyd actually would be an empire if it wasn't for jonathan but if he wasn't like that it wouldn't be uyd anymore

inferis fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 12, 2021

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What do you mean? I’m still a fairly new listener so I’m unsure if I’ve missed something going backwards through the episodes. I remember there was an episode where jonathon straight up says a botched meeting may have been his fault but I don’t recall hearing why

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

there have been a string of offhanded remarks around 2013 and prior, where they had had meetings for tv shows, that didn't go well

i like when they went to pateron and immediatly Jah went to Europe for few months, and Seth had to get Jah to skype in,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

What do you mean? I’m still a fairly new listener so I’m unsure if I’ve missed something going backwards through the episodes. I remember there was an episode where jonathon straight up says a botched meeting may have been his fault but I don’t recall hearing why

It's also just...Jah as a person. The guy rules but I feel that way about him because of his non-committal laid back feelings about almost everything. The guy had all the privilege to leverage his music/UYD/pseudo fame into something that makes him a lot of money but never seems to be able to stick to things.

I don't know if that's him as a person, medical reasons, or what have you, but the laissez faire attitude is what makes his half of UYD so appealing to me, and if he was a go getter (UYD with two Seths), it wouldn't have the same charm. Likewise two Jah's would be boring while they tried to out cool each other, Seth's frantic drive has brought this show to a level that Jah could never have realized on his own.

I laughed really hard the other day at Jah's insta when he was saying the twitch stream was going to be the 7th, then it was delayed to the 8th, then it was delayed to the 9th, and maybe delayed once more? It didn't seem like there was a reason other than he decided to do other things and it just so perfectly is a Jah moment.

Also as far as content goes, Seth would never rescue a parrot from the middle of the road on superbowl sunday and then give it a viking burial at the beach. RIP parrot larroquette