Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Pylons are shite. We should get rid of them. I seem to remember entering a competition to design more appealing pylons a few years ago. I guess I didn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Woo i'll be getting my training for volunteer vaccinating soon

Can't wait to stab people with abandon

finally you have become a true Londoner

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

are they letting randos do the vaccinations then or people with some kinda medical background?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The medical background is you stand in front of a pinboard with NHS leaflets stuck on it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Does this mean we have to do the clap again?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I got the opportunity to volunteer through my place of work (which is in the medical sector). I have absolutely no medical training whatsoever though. They're not asking for complete randos just yet because there's some sort of legal thing between my company and the organisation doing the vaccination, i dunno. I tried to get my wife signed up but they were all like "nope not yet".

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
How easy is it to gently caress up intramuscular injections? Can you still gently caress someone up with air in the needle?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

serious gaylord posted:

Does this mean we have to do the clap again?

Be like Kieth and wear a sheath.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just get the needle gun from team fortress 2 and hose down a whole street full of people with vaccines.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Surprised there's no gif of his loving smirk. Even he couldn't keep a straight face when he said that it was very important to improve the life choices of primary school kids that they were in today. What an absolute and utter arsehole.

I'm not sure if that is worse or
https://twitter.com/tes/status/1346190654842535942

Because of course the kids need to go and do an exam next week during a national lockdown.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Just get the needle gun from team fortress 2 and hose down a whole street full of people with vaccines.

Syringes are about the same size as those 'bullets' that go into Nerf guns.

Just saying.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Syringes are about the same size as those 'bullets' that go into Nerf guns.

Just saying.

At that point though you have just invented the tranquilizer gun. The real trick is making it fully automatic

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Communist Thoughts posted:

are they letting randos do the vaccinations then or people with some kinda medical background?

They examine your posting history

Regarde Aduck posted:

How easy is it to gently caress up intramuscular injections? Can you still gently caress someone up with air in the needle?

Nah that mostly just gives you a sore arm

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I am just praying, in an incredibly selfish manner, that playgrounds remain open. This is not because I am a nonce, but actually because I have a 21 month old and it's literally the only activity we really have available.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe I read somewhere that under 12s are exempt from rules and can play outside in groups? Or that might be in scotland.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Woo i'll be getting my training for volunteer vaccinating soon

Can't wait to stab people with abandon

take a pen and write MKULTRA on all the boxes of shots

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

The Perfect Element posted:

I am just praying, in an incredibly selfish manner, that playgrounds remain open. This is not because I am a nonce, but actually because I have a 21 month old and it's literally the only activity we really have available.

The rules are loose enough for that to be interpreted as exercise, which is a permitted reason to go outside. You'll be fine.

e: and if nurseries are explicitly allowed to stay open I would think playgrounds will be OK. So long as you can physically access them - but I doubt local authorities will bother boarding them up like they did in March.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Definitely read something saying that they are.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

In a similarly selfish manner I actually cried when he said that Nursery stays open. Last march my partner and I split it between us, I did 5 am - 12 in the lab, then home to look after my daughter till 7 pm. It was hell. I barely functioned by the end.

We are also waiting to exchange and complete on a house purchase, which is also still permitted. The estate agent told me that it was still permitted during lockdown 1 though, which seems weird.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pub takeaway beer banned and outdoor exercise with one other person from not your household is allowed for adults

lotta healthy dates coming up

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bump_fn posted:

pub takeaway beer banned and outdoor exercise with one other person from not your household is allowed for adults

lotta healthy dates coming up

dogging is back again baby, awoouuuuu

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
If your workplace isnt following covid secure guidelines how and where are you supposed to report it?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Pylons are shite. We should get rid of them. I seem to remember entering a competition to design more appealing pylons a few years ago. I guess I didn't win.

You didn’t.

The new ones are being installed as part of National Grid’s Hinkley Project.

They look pretty nice all told.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

fridge corn posted:

If your workplace isnt following covid secure guidelines how and where are you supposed to report it?

Calling 999 and saying a black man is wielding a pickaxe seems to get a fast response.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My

This is not because I am a nonce
t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the shirt.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Sad Panda posted:

Definitely read something saying that they are.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/949536/NationalLockdownGuidance.pdf

The official guidelines specifically mention being able to go to playgrounds for exercise.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Julio Cruz posted:

dogging is back again baby, awoouuuuu
2m social distance at all times

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

I believe I read somewhere that under 12s are exempt from rules and can play outside in groups? Or that might be in scotland.

Can o'worms time: This and JA's Wales border posts make me think that, in an ideal world*, things like pandemic response would be administered at a UK level. Or a GB level, and an island of Ireland level, for convenience (worms everywhere).

Like, I'm in favour of devolution/independence/not-England generally, but it seems very confusing with the multiple different regimes and the open borders...

*obviously in the actual world, it means BJ being in charge of everything, which is worse

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I take it you're not a fan of Pylon of the Month then. This is December's. Phwoar, look at the rack on that!

source: https://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

fridge corn posted:

Each workplace is supposed to have carried out a risk assessment of the workplace and share it with staff so ask about that. Find the specifics in that which you can monitor if they're being obeyed or not, then raise the breaches with coworkers (in the spirit of 'we shouldn't have to be putting ourselves at risk like this' not 'stop putting me at risk'), organise them and go to management to get resolution and if that doesn't work then report/threaten to report them to the Health and Safety Executive.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

pub takeaway beer banned
Wait wtf :mad:

What about straight from the brewery in a milk jug?

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Bobstar posted:

Can o'worms time: This and JA's Wales border posts make me think that, in an ideal world*, things like pandemic response would be administered at a UK level. Or a GB level, and an island of Ireland level, for convenience (worms everywhere).

Like, I'm in favour of devolution/independence/not-England generally, but it seems very confusing with the multiple different regimes and the open borders...

*obviously in the actual world, it means BJ being in charge of everything, which is worse

Well yes and Boris has been copying from the devolved nations, we'd probably not have locked down again without their influence.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think doing actual harm to people is difficult (although I guess you could prang a nerve or blood vessel if you were jabbing somewhere you shouldn't) but quite a lot of ways in which you can gently caress up the efficacy of the vaccine - not mixing it properly, miscalculating dose, vaccine dribbling down arm instead of inside the patient, that sort of thing.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

mitochondritom posted:

We are also waiting to exchange and complete on a house purchase, which is also still permitted. The estate agent told me that it was still permitted during lockdown 1 though, which seems weird.
lol if house purchases weren't allowed to go through then house prices might fall and that's really the only thing our parliament of landlords cares about in this entire rotten country

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I take it you're not a fan of Pylon of the Month then. This is December's. Phwoar, look at the rack on that!

source: https://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

Look at those jumpers

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
If we must construct additional pylons, might as well make em look nice

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

you're not going to get enough supply for a mothership otherwise

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Total Meatlove posted:

Look at those jumpers

quote:

You might also notice above that there are loops of wire dangling from the tension pylon that you don't see on pylons where the line is running straight. These loops are known as 'jumper loops' and again from National Grid:

Due to the lines being tied to the structure itself by insulators, we have to provide a path for the electricity to continue to flow. So, we use ‘jumper loops’, which are short sections of electrical wire connected to the main (live and earth) wires just before they tie to the insulators, terminating the line to the cross arm. The jumper loops are designed to ensure the live wire does not touch the earthed structure.

https://www.pylonofthemonth.org/2017/02/pylon-of-the-month-february-2017.html

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Pablo Bluth posted:

He's escaping to Moscow?

That was the plan. But just like with that press conference they got it's location mixed up and ended up going to Moscow, Scotland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I hope they're still building these beautiful bastards, I've never seen one in real life.