Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

Mirello posted:

I dunno if this is like facetious or some more has come out (I've actually been trying to avoid news because it's all so depressing/pathetic). I'm an elementary school teacher and what that guy described is not even noteworthy in terms of weird hosed up poo poo parents do to their kids. I remember reading the thread and thinking, that's dumb, lol. The fact that people are calling it child abuse is insane. how much its blown up is seriously sad. as if there arent more important things in the world

I haven’t listened to Roderick on the Line in years but Roderick being a terrible father (and ex-spouse, and someone who probably has poor impulse control to the point that it really negatively impacts his life) is basically every episode. I thought it was mostly a bit he was doing, but uhhh guess not.

I get the teaching thing though. I taught high school for years. Rich people abuse the poo poo out of their kids, just generally not physically so good luck getting CPS or anyone else to care about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

This was good

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I continue to enjoy podcasts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Maya Fey posted:

another cool facet of bean dad is that he was a bailey jay reply guy

lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

one lesser reported fact about the Mean Bean Dad is that apparently dinner was a can of beans, for two, probably over a can of Sterno to further promote character

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
stranding my 9 year old daughter on a snowy mountaintop armed only with a canteen, compass and pocket knife. if she dies, she dies.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

giving my genetically-inferior daughter the ol' spartan kick off a cliff. only the Gods can save her

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Centrist Committee posted:

I continue to enjoy podcasts

Same, can't get enough.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i am henceforth cancelling every leftist journalist for being libs (since journalism is inheriently liberal suck it trots)

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I wish chapo would not do superhero blockbuster movies. It's just too similar to RLM's stuff. Do more reading series. At the very least stick to obscure political documentaries.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thotsky posted:

I wish chapo would not do superhero blockbuster movies. It's just too similar to RLM's stuff. Do more reading series. At the very least stick to obscure political documentaries.

I don't mind their superhero reviews but the reviews that have a political component, like Red Scorpion or Time Christ or D'nesh D'souza, are way better

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lol at thinking any of this "John Roderick starved his child for hours" poo poo is real. It reminds me of people losing their poo poo at Felix for doing a bit for like a week. Have we really fallen so far that we can't spot a bit anymore

Roderick is a blowhard but I like the omnibus and I'm glad Ken doesn't care about made up poo poo. Twitter is a hell site and I hope a lesson was learned over the weekend about the futility of chasing clout there

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I think after the several week freakout at picrew people this seemed mild by comparison.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PeterCat posted:

My only exposure to John Roderick was through listening to Friendly Fire. He seemed pretty affable, but he sure likes to hear himself talk.

I stopped listening to Friendly Fire because he was such a Succ Brained moron. Just a total smug dumbass. I'm glad his fellow centrist have destroyed him. gently caress that guy he sucks

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I was thinking about getting into the Majority Report but really, an interview with a Lincoln Project guy?

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
there's like less than 10 movie eps a year out of the roughly 100 episodes lol

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Deified Data posted:

Lol at thinking any of this "John Roderick starved his child for hours" poo poo is real. It reminds me of people losing their poo poo at Felix for doing a bit for like a week. Have we really fallen so far that we can't spot a bit anymore

Roderick is a blowhard but I like the omnibus and I'm glad Ken doesn't care about made up poo poo. Twitter is a hell site and I hope a lesson was learned over the weekend about the futility of chasing clout there

johnanon

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

thotsky posted:

no, do more shot for shot remakes of films

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Halloween Jack posted:

I was thinking about getting into the Majority Report but really, an interview with a Lincoln Project guy?

it is not a friendly interview and they spent the next two hours of the show bagging on him

but yeah, don't start with that one

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

I want to know whether or not you can hear someone smiling insincerely into a microphone

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Mirello posted:

I disagree I think its pretty loving horrible to be honest. not to defend this guy (although I do like ken jennings) some random dude getting cancelled over years old out of context tweets isnt really something to celebrate. it's really embarassing, in what way does this improve the world? its just impotence taking itself out on the target of the day

i really dont understand why the original post pissed off enough to people to have everyone searching his tweets for slurs and poo poo

this bean dad poo poo sure is an auspicious way to begin 2021, a dire portent of the stupid garbage to come this year

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Bean dad blowing up and falling apart in 1 day feels like something that should have happened in 2018, 2021 not off to a very inspiring start so far

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Bean dad blowing up and falling apart in 1 day feels like something that should have happened in 2018, 2021 not off to a very inspiring start so far

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

babypolis posted:

i really dont understand why the original post pissed off enough to people to have everyone searching his tweets for slurs and poo poo

this bean dad poo poo sure is an auspicious way to begin 2021, a dire portent of the stupid garbage to come this year

The people digging up those tweets were the same ones that would do it to someone who's like "I don't like saying slurs" or banging on how wojacks have hard right origins and thus shouldn't be used, so it was more on how "soyfaced" he sounded like on the original thread + the MBABAB connections and so on. I recall seeing the same faces any time one of the Chapoverse people quotetweeted someone saying that stuff.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I wasn't sure but now that you mention it... it does seem very fishmechy

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Xaris posted:

I wasn't sure but now that you mention it... it does seem very fishmechy

LOL

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I do not have time for the word "fishmechy!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

babypolis posted:

he claimed that his hungry child interrupted him making a jigsaw puzzle, that the only food in the house was a can of beans, and that he amused himself by watching her struggle to open it for six hours

what website do you think you're on right now

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

And thought her the wrong way of the opening the can after all the piss and vinegar he put her thru.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Your daughter struggled to work a can opener for a half hour, and you decide to punch it up into a six hour epic trial for some cheap internet points, but because you delved too greedily and too deep pissed hand-wringers found all your garbage jokes from a decade ago and now your account is deleted and the heir-apparent host of Jeopardy is in jeopardy. That's what I call content baby

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Halloween Jack posted:

It was better when Michael Brooks was there. It's not as left now but I still like Sam and feel like he's right more than he's wrong.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

he claimed that his hungry child interrupted him making a jigsaw puzzle, that the only food in the house was a can of beans, and that he amused himself by watching her struggle to open it for six hours

what website do you think you're on right now

i assumed most of the story was exaggerated for effect, like most stupid stories like that. i dont think its humanly possible for two people to spend 6 hours trying to open a can

even then my reaction was "well thats kinda weird" and move on. not "oh this guys is going DOWN"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

I do not have time for the word "fishmechy!"

a reverse Fishmechean transformation, in which an argument loops back onto itself and becomes a perpetual motion machine

(see: Pittsburgh left)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Chad Jihad posted:

Your daughter struggled to work a can opener for a half hour, and you decide to punch it up into a six hour epic trial for some cheap internet points, but because you delved too greedily and too deep pissed hand-wringers found all your garbage jokes from a decade ago and now your account is deleted and the heir-apparent host of Jeopardy is in jeopardy. That's what I call content baby

thanks for the summary lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Chad Jihad posted:

Just another week on Twitter Dot Com

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Chad Jihad posted:

2021 loving rules

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

babypolis posted:

i assumed most of the story was exaggerated for effect, like most stupid stories like that. i dont think its humanly possible for two people to spend 6 hours trying to open a can

even then my reaction was "well thats kinda weird" and move on. not "oh this guys is going DOWN"

have whatever reaction you like, but you should be concerned that other people's reactions surprised you this much

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

being the first cancellation of the year is so much worse too. everyone will use it as a touch point for the year

like in december 2021 when the flesh eating mutation of covid is ravaging the last vestiges of human civilization, the last few checkmarks will all be tweeting poo poo like "remember when we started the year with bean dad and now 90% of humanity is dead lmao"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Are you considered a careerist podcaster if you spend the money on a gaming PC

Maya Fey posted:

another cool facet of bean dad is that he was a bailey jay reply guy

Genuinely glad when I don't understand a reference itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wolfsheim posted: