Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
pls keep posting about old f1 seasons as it's actually interesting and I'm enjoying it. i need to see what the oldest season is I have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Azza Bamboo posted:

Disappointed at F1 archives for only having the 10 minute long condensed newsreel versions of most of their 84 and 85 season races. While there's a bit of nostalgia in remembering these segments being put in to old news broadcasts, I believe I have spoiled some of these races by seeing them in short. I could have looked elsewhere to find them but the whole point of this package was meant to be convenience.

There are some races I get to see in the hour long form, the first of which I am watching now: a very wet Monaco. Hopefully they chose to put this one in its larger form for some reason, like it being interesting perhaps, but wet Monaco just sounds like a disaster.

Would you say you're pisted off about it

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

your friend wicka posted:

Would you say you're pisted off about it

I think there's something to be said for the convenience and safety of this well trodden site. It offers the thrill of the old seasons and circuits without the uncertainty of what might lurk inside of the wild of the wider web. While the video quality is far from pristine, I think I'd favour this over the rockier route of finding these videos myself.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

brain damage

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

brain damage

Turn your monitor on.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

no

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i like how they just made a completely normal reply and got called brain damaged lmao

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

track day bro! posted:

i like how they just made a completely normal reply and got called brain damaged lmao

This thread is the leading cause of it and we all know it and post here anyway.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
somehow the youtube recommendation algorithm has thrown up something that seems actually good, only watched the first 15 mins so far but it's the good poo poo. I get the feeling from the description/angle of the narration that it might end up showing fatal accidents so y'know, be aware etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW7ZTCfC5I

Vando fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 4, 2021

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Azza is a good poster, it could have been (but wasn't) directed at anyone itt but never him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Azza is a good poster, it could have been (but wasn't) directed at anyone itt but never him

Getting some strong “I have a Microsoft access database of thread elders” vibes here

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
they were all doing a Schumacher skiing bit please settle down

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Looking at my illegal files I've got the 86, 89, 90, 91, 92 and 93 seasons. Dunno what happened to the 87 and 88 ones because I definitely remember watching them years ago

if there was some way of transferring these illegal files to someone else then idk

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I like '86 quite a lot because Piquet didn't have the outright speed but was incredibly loving consistent and it paid dividends by the year end. You also get to see a really loving good battle between him and Senna that ends with him flipping Senna off while passing him with the brakes on full lock.

'90 was really cool too cause you had Prost at Ferrari with the paddle shifters and it felt pretty close throughout the season. 91, 92 and 93 never really held a ton of interest for me for whatever reason.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

‘86 also owned because you saw some of the teams in the turbo era getting way more creative to find performance advantages so you’d have poo poo like Williams and I think Lotus running active suspension and traction control poo poo and then Benetton bypassed BMW’s own fuel injection programming and having this insane amount of power.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
never mind i found the 87 and 88 seasons also

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Where is I for watch f1

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I'm jealous you all have access to these seasons. Would love to watch, they sound great.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Azza Bamboo posted:

I think there's something to be said for the convenience and safety of this well trodden site. It offers the thrill of the old seasons and circuits without the uncertainty of what might lurk inside of the wild of the wider web. While the video quality is far from pristine, I think I'd favour this over the rockier route of finding these videos myself.

For what it's worth I felt the same way. I think they're still in the process of digitizing their archives. This site purports to be tracking the archive contents, and they just added two full 2008 races in the last couple weeks. I'm hopeful eventually everything will have several different levels of review package, but for now I'm just plowing through watching whatever the longest bit of footage is.

You definitely do get way less of a feel for the whole season when each race only gets ten minutes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Albon to DTM, rip

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sir Lewis the Unrenewed

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Red Bull's poison womb is making the Sky commentators team too crowded

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Theophany posted:

Albon to DTM, rip

RIP
Couldn't even get sent to SuperGT

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is DTM still actually a thing?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Barely and only by becoming a GT3 series. DTM as it was known is dead.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can’t wait till it becomes an e-sports thing next

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

track day bro! posted:

pls keep posting about old f1 seasons as it's actually interesting and I'm enjoying it.

Same.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.carandbike.com/news/f1-lewis-hamilton-reportedly-rejects-mercedes-contract-2347385

Tired: Russell replaces Bottas
Wired: Russell replaces Hamilton

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

I think I read somewhere that the spending cap includes driver salaries. That means if you spend 40 million on Hamilton versus 5 million on Russell you actually lose 35 million dollars of car development.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

daslog posted:

I think I read somewhere that the spending cap includes driver salaries. That means if you spend 40 million on Hamilton versus 5 million on Russell you actually lose 35 million dollars of car development.

That is not correct, drivers and top three team personnel are excluded from the cap

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

daslog posted:

it does not

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

daslog posted:

FerrariFanFiction.rm

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

That is not correct, drivers and top three team personnel are excluded from the cap

Good to know, thanks. The spending cap seems to have a lot of holes in it.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

FerrariFanFiction.rm

The wind was sweeping in a bitter cold over the lake Geneva when Charles rang the bell of the villa, his piercing eyes and shock of black hair peering over while he nuzzled into the oversized collar of his jacket.
The rustling of the branches in the garden and the fading winter light made him feel a certain eeriness. This evening he would face the greatest test of his nascent psychic abilities.
- Come in, Ms Corinne is expecting you, said the butler.
Charles shuffled nervously into the vast hallway adorned with numerous

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
https://twitter.com/MennoSwart/status/1346085555575119872

megavliegtuig

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy gently caress that’s like something a 13 year old would come up with lmfao

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

can i poop on his plane?

this article has nothing of substance

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
To be fair, Max's helmet design -- although it protects a violent and criminal head -- is aesthetically pleasing and sets itself apart from most other drivers' helmets with lighter colors. That plane does not approximate his helmet design and is therefore a very bad plane.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

technically mountains are walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
hamilton should gently caress off and try to save the planet or whatever no one will miss him
also australia wont happen and with the new boris covid measures the teams wont event leave the UK