Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
Some square-format landscapes from Germany.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Going through some old shots and playing with 6x17

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The one time I drove through that part of the county it was impossible to not stop and take bad pictures of every butte I saw. They're fun subjects that work well with any light (well maybe not full front lit).

I didn't do monument valley though, it wasn't on my radar quite yet.

edit - i'm digging the third and fourth ones you posted

xzzy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 4, 2021

onezero
Nov 20, 2003

veritas vos liberabit
From a New Year's camping trip.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Here is Jan 1, 5am:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Going through some old shots and playing with 6x17

These are awesome. The wider format really brings that feeling of expansiveness that you feel driving on the highways out here. 4th is probs my favorite.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

... 6x17 ...

Using a dedicated 6x17 camera? If so, which one?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Unfortunately not just digital crop

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

onezero posted:

From a New Year's camping trip.

Nice, like the contrast!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I like this one

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Landscape? Still life? Portrait?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Yessss.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Bah! I've been trying to get a shot like that for ages :D. There's so many around here that *almot* work, but always something off/in the way, etc.
Nice one.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

frosty morning walk

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 12, 2021

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

opening dough is scary for a reason

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I’m not entirely sure how I feel about these yet but I’m having fun taking them.

Edit:

lol this is great.

tk fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 16, 2021

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I think those are interesting. Especially the last one.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Yeah last one has some interesting texture + color going on there.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

tk posted:

I’m not entirely sure how I feel about these yet but I’m having fun taking them.

Edit:

lol this is great.

I do like the first one, the abstraction of the landscape. It leans a little towards hotel room wall art, but a nice hotel where they at least put some thought into it. Design Collection®. (That's not meant to be taken negatively btw.) They do all look like fun to make!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ICM is deceptively hard, I tried it once and ended up with 200 frames of blurry poo poo. I watched some youtube videos on it and they were all "yeah just wiggle or twist the camera a little bit, it's easy and fun and will open up your creativity!!" It did none of that, I hated everything more than I normally do.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Finger Prince posted:

I do like the first one, the abstraction of the landscape. It leans a little towards hotel room wall art, but a nice hotel where they at least put some thought into it. Design Collection®. (That's not meant to be taken negatively btw.) They do all look like fun to make!

So like a place with laminate floors and a shower in the middle of the room? That's respectable. I've decided that I get a very DeviantArt vibe from it.

xzzy posted:

ICM is deceptively hard, I tried it once and ended up with 200 frames of blurry poo poo. I watched some youtube videos on it and they were all "yeah just wiggle or twist the camera a little bit, it's easy and fun and will open up your creativity!!" It did none of that, I hated everything more than I normally do.

This is the best way I can describe what I feel like when I take these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA

I don't feel like my creativity has opened up or anything but I do feel like I'm back learning how exposure works for the first time and every time I get something that isn't pure white it feels like dynamite.

Edit:

tk fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 16, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I too like the first one. Definitely a strong contender for this month's contest. There is a hint of a spiral galaxy without being too in your face.

The second one lacks the neatness of the first one, and the third one is a good filler image does evoke a feeling, so it's good too.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 17, 2021

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I prefer the ones like this, where it might be a visualisation of wind or weather patterns around a static subject.

The less obvious the plane of movement, the more effective the result.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Ric posted:

I prefer the ones like this, where it might be a visualisation of wind or weather patterns around a static subject.

The less obvious the plane of movement, the more effective the result.

Yeah I think I agree with this, like this one for example almost looks like a long exposure with snow blowing past the tree.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011