Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
His son is also like 20 now so maybe he doesn't live at home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Most importantly, it’s nobody’s loving business if the dude got divorced, married a second partner or joined some kind of sex cult polycule.

What a weird thing to even speculate over.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I just assumed he has a large adult son

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I don't remember specifics where it came up but I think at least his son is a teenager.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

I don't remember specifics where it came up but I think at least his son is a teenager.

He's 16 or 17, something like that. Definitely not 20.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

joined some kind of sex cult polycule.

Leave the Spooky Perverts out of this!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

He's 16 or 17, something like that. Definitely not 20.

It's weird I tend to think of Bryan as kind of an old parent when he talks about his kids but not really Dave, even tho it adds up to roughly the same age difference, guess it's probably just cause he brings em up less.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Most importantly, it’s nobody’s loving business if the dude ... joined some kind of sex cult polycule.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hearing Dave's random live reactions to WK stuff was a fun bit of today's episode.

"OH WOW"

"What, what happened?"

"Oh nothing, just Okada with this drop kick..."

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

If he did he got divorced very recently because Garrett has said the stories that he got divorced are not true.

and on one of the episodes where he was giving sad updates on his mom's declining health he mentioned his wife in very much the present tense. not to mention i've been fairly confident since those rumors started circulating that dave's the type who'd inevitably make some sort of oblique, vaguely problematic reference to it that would get him heat on twitter if it actually occured

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This came up initially a while back but I feel like Big Dave definitely got divorced because he made a comment about how “my kids were over on Wednesday” during the episode with Garrett and Kevin Kelly

Have we learned nothing from the Bruce Mitchell tweets?

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
If we're going to baselessly speculate about podcast hosts, I'd like to propose that Vinny is fed up with Craig.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Price Check posted:

If we're going to baselessly speculate about podcast hosts, I'd like to propose that Vinny is fed up with Craig.

same

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Most importantly, it’s nobody’s loving business if the dude got divorced, married a second partner or joined some kind of sex cult polycule.

What a weird thing to even speculate over.

mods change my name to "dave meltzer's sex cult polycule"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

blast0rama posted:

Hearing Dave's random live reactions to WK stuff was a fun bit of today's episode.

"OH WOW"

"What, what happened?"

"Oh nothing, just Okada with this drop kick..."

Dave just stopping in the middle of a sentence to say something like,"This match is really great" made me so happy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan's Death Cab for Cutie story about why Kevin Owens is stupid on Filthy Four Daily is loving amazing :lol:

Edit: Oh my God and I posted that before I got to the bit where Bryan recovers a repressed memory about watching Cujo :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 5, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bryan leaving his friend to die AND stealing his bike is the funniest thing ever

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Good Listener posted:

I remember being at that Raw. Mostly I remember Jericho dong Hogan's taunts during presumably a commercial break spot. Me and my friend were like "yea get hosed Hogan!" Oh the younger times lol

Ha same, I remember there being one really big dipshit trying hard as possible to force "we want Hogan" and TNA chants during the end segment.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1346606920166064129

hell yeah

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

How long until some scrub uses that pic as 'proof' that Dave's a hypocrite about the pandemic because he 'went to Japan'?

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

sportsgenius86 posted:

This came up initially a while back but I feel like Big Dave definitely got divorced because he made a comment about how “my kids were over on Wednesday” during the episode with Garrett and Kevin Kelly

he meant over like wrestling over

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Rudocast is out! Two nights of WrestleKingdom, one giant Rudocast episode talking about it all!

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1346714361650245633

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Howling with laughter at this Granny segment :lol:

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
Any overcast users having problems downloading the F4W/WO podcasts recently?

At first I thought it was because I forgot to update my subscriptions with my new password. However, I've updated all my information and the podcasts still fail to download.

Wondering if they made some technical changes that broke overcast. Checking to see if anyone else has the same experience before contacting tech support.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ToiletofSadness posted:

Any overcast users having problems downloading the F4W/WO podcasts recently?

At first I thought it was because I forgot to update my subscriptions with my new password. However, I've updated all my information and the podcasts still fail to download.

Wondering if they made some technical changes that broke overcast. Checking to see if anyone else has the same experience before contacting tech support.

I use the link generated by https://f4wonline.craigmcd.com/ with Overcast.

I had to go and get a new link after they got everyone to change their f4wonline passwords a week or two ago following a data breach and I noticed that where the tool used to just spit out a link with your username and password in plaintext it’s now obfuscated somehow, so maybe it’s that?

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

I use the link generated by https://f4wonline.craigmcd.com/ with Overcast.

I had to go and get a new link after they got everyone to change their f4wonline passwords a week or two ago following a data breach and I noticed that where the tool used to just spit out a link with your username and password in plaintext it’s now obfuscated somehow, so maybe it’s that?
I read that thread, and I think that change was to support complex passwords (that use specific special characters)

however, I saw a post on the board where a user had a similar issue that was resolved by changing their password a second time.

after changing my password again, it's finally downloading. loving weird. 🤷‍♂️

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1346957910094409728

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1346949532777500673

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

For months I've been having issues with podcasts not finishing downloading and I need to manually restart it, I have no idea why.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1346932867624955904?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

For months I've been having issues with podcasts not finishing downloading and I need to manually restart it, I have no idea why.

I direct download from the F4W website and yeah for the last 2-3 months the downloads would continually freeze up or stall and I'd have to pause and resume to get them to complete. Lately it's been less of a problem, and the downloads have been faster, but I will still periodically get downloads just stopping randomly and needing to be restarted. It's really weird.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the site fuckin sucks!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the ads have been out of control

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

the ads have been out of control

Every so often I forget to turn on my VPN which comes with built in adblocker, and like 5 seconds later I realize holy poo poo plenty of people just put up with this poo poo on every site they go to?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Schiavone Q&A episode of AEW Unrestricted is very good and gets into how he joined AEW.

WWE made Tony a very vague producer job offer. Tony told Conrad who stooged and Cody immediately texted an offer and had Khan call him.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Thank you, Conrad

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Only good thing Conrad ever did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

dsriggs posted:

Only good thing Conrad ever did.

I dunno, Conrad also seemed to play a part in the rejuvenation of Tony as far as his added to wrestling. That's pretty cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So there's a new podcast on Observer/F4W now called Mat Men. It's entirely fine though doesn't seem to particularly do anything that other shows aren't already doing. That said, one of the hosts just dropped that he knows a guy who used to host the early morning shows on Eyada back when it was a thing. That guy bought the ENTIRE Eyada library for like $200 at auction (it fits on 4 CDs :laugh:) which includes ALL of the Wrestling Observer shows ever made. He said he'd be happy to just give it to the Observer, but he has to find it in a box in storage or something :stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

So there's a new podcast on Observer/F4W now called Mat Men. It's entirely fine though doesn't seem to particularly do anything that other shows aren't already doing. That said, one of the hosts just dropped that he knows a guy who used to host the early morning shows on Eyada back when it was a thing. That guy bought the ENTIRE Eyada library for like $200 at auction (it fits on 4 CDs :laugh:) which includes ALL of the Wrestling Observer shows ever made. He said he'd be happy to just give it to the Observer, but he has to find it in a box in storage or something :stare:

That would be huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Didn't that company also have a lot of the early time cube stuff?