Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

a neat cape posted:

Knotts Berry Farm rules

https://twitter.com/shaq/status/3435123096?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

I think they've cracked down on that hard. Braks would know more but too many people abused it.

Rich people were hiring people with medical conditions/who were disabled for their trips IIRC and it caused the crackdown

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

My company has national meeting they're putting on virtually starting in a half hour. Whatever they're setting up is slowing internet/VPN to an absolute crawl and causing Teams to lose connections. The website for the event won't load either lol.

This is amazing. Everything crashed except the meeting's chat function. Literally more than a thousand people spamming "frozen" hahaha.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

I think they've cracked down on that hard. Braks would know more but too many people abused it.

7 year old me definitely abused the hell out of it to ride Journey Into Imagination like 10x in a row.

Bless my grandmother's heart. She was a saint.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

We utilized it in 2019. I'm wondering if the policy is different at disneyland versus world.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I will come back and Disney effort post later.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what the weakest medical exemption you could get is. Bunion?

Bone spurs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Imagine seeing this then buying an annual pass to a theme park.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

iwentdoodie posted:

I know Bill Simmons has ruined the goddamn show, but I swear Omar is the best character in a TV show.

Also, braksgirl, I ended up jinxing myself on the Disney hate because my wife bought us passes on sale. "We haven't been in years!" Fml

I'll go with your wife if you don't want to I'll sleep in the bathtub.

I look forward to Braksgirl's effort post and continuing disney park chat

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Skwirl posted:

Imagine seeing this then buying an annual pass to a theme park.

Seems like some people in this thread would prefer a post-apocalyptic theme park anyway

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I went to Disney World a few times as a kid, I think the last time was when I was 15 or 16, and it was cool enough, but I don't think I could handle it nowadays. Even putting aside my physical maladies, I was diagnosed with severe social anxiety about eleven years ago and it's only gotten worse over time (to the point that nowadays, groups larger than six or seven people can easily trigger a panic attack). I'm pretty sure Disney crowds would be the end of me.

I do have fond memories of an alien encounter attraction, I think it was in Tomorrowland? And then they replaced it with a Lilo & Stitch thing because kids got too scared or something along those lines.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Seems like some people in this thread would prefer a post-apocalyptic theme park anyway

Look up New Orleans Six Flags youtube videos. There have been a hell of a lot of creepy documentaries about it from people who have snuck it. Shame too, it was a fun park.

And a special place in hell goes to the bastards who closed down Astroworld and Waterworld. They shut it down the same year Katrina happened. If I had known I would've gone one last time. So many good memories and now it's just a parking lot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

I do have fond memories of an alien encounter attraction, I think it was in Tomorrowland? And then they replaced it with a Lilo & Stitch thing because kids got too scared or something along those lines.

And now that's closed too because it sucked. It's the one ride Braks didn't want to ride. Not because it was scary, but because it was so bad.

From the Disney thread:

Silly Burrito posted:

From a link in that article, this could be a pretty gruesome avatar.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 5, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^^^I hated Bug's Life way more especially because it jams a wooden spike into your butthole and it's Bug's Life the shittiest Pixar movie

Man, it's been a couple years I've been wanting to hit up Disney for a few months now. Ugh.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 5, 2021

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Its Rinaldo posted:

^^^^I hated Bug's Life way more especially because it jams a wooden spike into your butthole and it's Bug's Life the shittiest Pixar movie

Man, it's been a couple years I've been wanting to hit up Disney for a few months now. Ugh.

There are far shittier Pixar movies. The Cars sequels and The Good Dinosaur come to mind, off the top of my head.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

Bug’s Life is crucial for educating the youth about the perils of capitalism.

https://youtu.be/N4GIAdlbtLY

This is praxis.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Good Dinosaur is weird because it felt like they wanted the idea of Dinosaurs not going extinct to work but couldn’t make it into a coherent movie.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I never saw Good Dinosaur so that probably checks out. Bugs Life edges out Cars sequel because nobody likes Cars so i don't have to listen to people wax lyrical about it another reason Bugs Life sucks

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

I've never heard of The Good Dinosaur, so I'll assume it's about a dinosaur who has to resume her law career after her husband goes to jail for a political scandal.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's actually about a dinosaur who was mistakenly sent to heaven instead of that Other Place. They then have to pretend they belong there despite being the worst

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My dad was in wheel chair since I was 2 years old. He only went with us to Disney a couple times, but when he did he would take me on all the rides, but he wouldn't go on them (at least most of them he couldn't, he couldn't actually get out of the chair). But, since he was my dad they would just plop me on the ride and he would wait for me and off we went to the next one, skipping the lines each time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Good Dinosaur is a good movie to watch high. But that's about it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Good Dinosaur is a good movie to watch high. But that's about it.

This brings up the question, what is a bad movie to watch high? We ate some edibles before going to see District 9 because I think we all thought it was going to just be a standard alien sci fi movie with pew pew guns and space fights, but it was not a great atmosphere for being stoned.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I've never heard of The Good Dinosaur, so I'll assume it's about a dinosaur who has to resume her law career after her husband goes to jail for a political scandal.

It's about a dinosaur with super-autism.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

This brings up the question, what is a bad movie to watch high? We ate some edibles before going to see District 9 because I think we all thought it was going to just be a standard alien sci fi movie with pew pew guns and space fights, but it was not a great atmosphere for being stoned.

The Cell with Jennifer Lopez. My friends took me to that after I got my wisdom teeth out and was rollin' on pain killers. That horse scene. Oof.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

Anything that's confusing or subtle, like, I dunno, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy it's hard enough to tell the dour white dudes in suits apart in the movie normally, it'd just be lame if high.

Comedies and any Ghibli movies are incredible when on hallucinogens. Just anything happy and pleasant.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

it's hard enough to tell the dour white dudes in suits apart

I guess we all look alike to you and your mom huh Kalli?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I used to live and work around the corner from Pixar and got to be drinking buddies with a security guard there so he gave a group of us a tour, they don't do public tours, you can only get in if you know someone. There's a section of the office that's usually half displaying concept art and what not from their latest movie and half displaying original art from the animation and art staff, but because The Good Dinosaur came out so quickly after Inside Out it was all concept art.

I'm still pissed off about that. I wanted to see what the Pixar people did when they weren't working on a movie that had been focus grouped to death.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Comedies and any Ghibli movies are incredible when on hallucinogens. Just anything happy and pleasant.

Speaking of, saw it was mentioned that the Ghibli movies were on HBO MAX. Having never seen any of them, where should I start?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

As someone who's never been high, I guess anything scary? Maybe scary and still somewhat rooted in real-life visuals, The Shining was the first movie that popped into my head.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of, saw it was mentioned that the Ghibli movies were on HBO MAX. Having never seen any of them, where should I start?

Princess Mononoke is a good one, or Porco Rosso.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

swickles posted:

Requiem For A Dream

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

Anything that's confusing or subtle, like, I dunno, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy it's hard enough to tell the dour white dudes in suits apart in the movie normally, it'd just be lame if high.

The Oldman Tinker Tailor etc was hilarious to me because a review said it was sometimes confusing which scenes were flashbacks, but Oldman gets new glasses early in the film so you can tell which is which by looking closely at his glasses.

One of the first scenes in the film is Oldman's former boss, played by John Hurt, dying of old age and nearly every flashback has a very much alive John Hurt in them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I used to live and work around the corner from Pixar and got to be drinking buddies with a security guard there so he gave a group of us a tour, they don't do public tours, you can only get in if you know someone. There's a section of the office that's usually half displaying concept art and what not from their latest movie and half displaying original art from the animation and art staff, but because The Good Dinosaur came out so quickly after Inside Out it was all concept art.

I'm still pissed off about that. I wanted to see what the Pixar people did when they weren't working on a movie that had been focus grouped to death.

I am not sure if this is still true now (it probably is) but like 10 years ago (maybe 15 at this point) a guy from Pixar gave a talk to my friend's class at RIT about the computing requirements Pixar has and he told them that they actually weren't limited by RAM or CPU but by power consumption while rendering scenes.

Nov 6, 2002

Tenet

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Antiques Roadshow loving rules when you're high.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shirts and skins posted:

When I was a kid I didn't know how to read cursive and thought the D in the Disney logo looked like a backwards G

I've thought of them as Gisney ever since
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqnyJcvIMH0

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

swickles posted:

I am not sure if this is still true now (it probably is) but like 10 years ago (maybe 15 at this point) a guy from Pixar gave a talk to my friend's class at RIT about the computing requirements Pixar has and he told them that they actually weren't limited by RAM or CPU but by power consumption while rendering scenes.

I believe it, on the tour the guy talked how they had some thorough inspections from PG&E and PG&E didn't like the giant statue of the Pixar lamp. Had to explain that if it was an incandescent bulb in there it would melt the concrete beneath it.

Also 15 years ago the rolling brown outs from Enron loving with energy supplies would still be fresh in people's minds, they really wouldn't want the children's hospital to lose power because of rendering Wall-E's soulful eyes.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Antiques Roadshow loving rules when you're high.

Pluto TV has an entire channel for UK Antique Roadshow.

It's a loving trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Athanatos posted:

Pluto TV has an entire channel for UK Antique Roadshow.

Pluto started its own TV station in response to losing planet status? Good job Pluto.