Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"Hey Listen! Your resists are only at 25% idiot!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Rutibex posted:

"Hey Listen! Your resists are only at -60% idiot!"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boo_radley posted:

A tiny bird that shittalks your build until the very end of the league! No other content!

The lizard of guilt.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
“Wow so original, a minion league starter..”

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"You're wearing an Abyssus with no physical mitigation? *tsk tsk tsk*"

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

"It's 5 extra hitpoints! You can socket it, no sweat!"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
"hell yeah, now vaal it!"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
"You're in yellow maps, why do you have two divine life flasks and a colossal life flask"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Devor posted:

"You're in yellow maps, why do you have two divine life flasks and a colossal life flask"

i feel attacked

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Level 90 and you still haven't grabbed the skill point from The Way Forward...again"

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
"DIE! lol jk"

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Elentor posted:

The lizard of guilt.

"I'm telling mistress Atziri!"

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

boo_radley posted:

"I'm telling mistress Atziri!"
"Doryani! It was Doryani! All Doryani's fault!"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao hahahaha.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

queeb posted:

i feel attacked

You should :colbert:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Devor posted:

:smith:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I didn't know I was supposed to upgrade my flasks until I was level 90 :shobon:

I hate piano flasking, is there a build that doesn't do that? And is a league start?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Macro them to an ability

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"You know you won't be using those scarabs you're hoarding later. Why do you even bother?"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

smertrioslol posted:

I hate piano flasking, is there a build that doesn't do that? And is a league start?

Basically anything minion.

Elentor posted:

"You know you won't be using those scarabs you're hoarding later. Why do you even bother?"

Now I'm feeling attacked

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"no, that's not the way I like it. take the fragments out and put them back in again"

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
Is scion always horrible in the first act or am I just playing wrong? I'm trying to decide between bleed bow glad or ballightning archmage scion and while the glad gets of the ground as soon as I get pierce the scion feels awful and weak all the way through merveil. It feels like it's either me using lightning mines wrong or the early talent tree sucking.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spectral throw should be fine

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

For the love of god don't tell people to level with Spectral Throw.

Stormblast Mines are a bit finicky to use and you need to pair them with Orb of Storms, which doesn't help your QoL, but its the highest damage you will get as a Scion early on.
Bleed Bow should be fine too, especially if you think that Glad doesn't have those problems - The duelist doesn't really have any bow damage nodes you can pick up in A1 either, so it shouldn't be stronger than the Scion. Puncture carries boss fights very hard early on and Shrapnel Ballista Totems are powerful too, although you shouldn't even need them.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Tripleboxed 3 characters to L85 in Flashback and won... nothing. Guess that makes sense with 15000+ people on ladder getting to level 100. The playerbase is just gigantic these days, there's not enough MTX to give away due to the covid-related MTX supply chain disruptions.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Tripleboxed 3 characters to L85 in Flashback and won... nothing. Guess that makes sense with 15000+ people on ladder getting to level 100. The playerbase is just gigantic these days, there's not enough MTX to give away due to the covid-related MTX supply chain disruptions.

I'm glad you won nothing, multiboxing during regular play is one thing but doing it during a reward event is extremely lovely.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

lol god drat dude

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zero VGS posted:

qq

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

I won an amour pack I already have two sets of, so worse than nothing?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

"covid-related MTX supply chain disruptions"

would kill for a name change right about now

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Papercut posted:

I'm glad you won nothing, multiboxing during regular play is one thing but doing it during a reward event is extremely lovely.

:emptyquote:

also multiboxing in general is :lol: in my opinion

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Won a Havenwood Portal, which looks pretty cool

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Having won 3 nightfall effects, I think my events were good.
God I hate the concept of wings in my grimdark fantasy medival games

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Elentor posted:

The lizard of guilt.

was not expecting oglaf in my poe. But then again, A3 lunaris temple fits. And now I need to catch up on the comic

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Andohz posted:

Is scion always horrible in the first act or am I just playing wrong? I'm trying to decide between bleed bow glad or ballightning archmage scion and while the glad gets of the ground as soon as I get pierce the scion feels awful and weak all the way through merveil. It feels like it's either me using lightning mines wrong or the early talent tree sucking.

Scion is pretty much always horrible in the first act because your starting nodes contribute half as much as other characters.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Bleed Bow should be fine too, especially if you think that Glad doesn't have those problems - The duelist doesn't really have any bow damage nodes you can pick up in A1 either, so it shouldn't be stronger than the Scion. Puncture carries boss fights very hard early on and Shrapnel Ballista Totems are powerful too, although you shouldn't even need them.
Speaking of Bleed Bow Glad, is there a guide anyone would specifically recommend for that? I can find a good few of them, but I'm not sure I trust myself enough to pick one blind without running into the same issue I did with my summoner, where I found out mid-yellow maps that I was using an obsolete guide.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Drakyn posted:

Speaking of Bleed Bow Glad, is there a guide anyone would specifically recommend for that? I can find a good few of them, but I'm not sure I trust myself enough to pick one blind without running into the same issue I did with my summoner, where I found out mid-yellow maps that I was using an obsolete guide.

I mean Zizaran guides haven't let me down yet and I'm really bad at this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfN5xM8sZMY

Also, duelist have can reach Deadly&Heavy Draw before merveil (I'm pretty sure I managed Avatar of the Hunt too) so damage isn't really a problem. And you get to ignore all movement penalties from body armours.

Andohz fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 5, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress i hope BV poison assassin doesnt cop a nerf, im totally set on playing it.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

The balance changes are supposed to be pretty minimal this time. I'd be surprised if anything older than heist gets tweaked much. It's pretty rare for them to go back and modify things that have been sitting for a while unless they're trying to buff it back to relevance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I mean, I'm assuming call of steel gets some kind of "only actually work with steel skills now" nerf since the most popular use of it is "just slot a steel skill somewhere and move on".