Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

BYOB Movie Night vs. Mecha-BYOB Movie Night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

BOYB movie note

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
BYOB Criterion Collection Streaming Night, and the mid-week BYOB Night of Eggs.

nut

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Would be down for this. Is it on Youtube I wonder?

you tell me :c00lbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjjlrfCaXs

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I remember watching this on nite crew years ago. It's called "Hi-Tops" and it's a musical chock full of evangelical batshittery. Would be a fine submission for bad movie night

e: better quality version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLyVqjGVYw

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 5, 2021

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

Also, maybe notorious for good movie night sometime? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4gEpBOj0dg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

Also, maybe notorious for good movie night sometime? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4gEpBOj0dg

Seconding. It's my third favorite Hitchcock.

Heather Papps

hello friend

out of curiosity would it be possible to upload certain cool films to youtube as an unlisted thing and then provide that link to someone to see if it would work? i had this thought and this is as far as it went.

also, sita sings the blues. avatars are frequently blue. it's a very good joke that has been begging for recognition for a few days.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Love love loving the enthusiasm ITT.

So far my favorite new names are:

byob filmtalk and byob filmmock (could do like a neon sign and either talk or mock is lit)

BYOB Movie Night and Son of BYOB Movie Night (fits the movie monsters thing I've been doing)

BYOB Movie Night and Coupons & Deals movie night (this just flat-out made me lol. Would it be mean if we claimed a movie night in their name??? Or is that the point...)

Sig by Heather Papps

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I am very interested in sita sings the blues; it's something I've been meaning to watch for a while now thank you

Allie

i unironically enjoyed tenet. what does this say about me

blaise rascal

Leraika posted:

I am very interested in sita sings the blues; it's something I've been meaning to watch for a while now thank you
unfortunately we already watched it as a group just last weekend!

but who knows, maybe bfm will choose to play it again someday. and in the meantime, the whole movie is available for free on YouTube

BoldFrankensteinMir

Question- Should I bank these excellent suggestions and continue doing an animation themed January, or should we just scrap that and do suggestions as they come in?

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Question- Should I bank these excellent suggestions and continue doing an animation themed January, or should we just scrap that and do suggestions as they come in?

mayhap instead of "good" and "entertainingly bad" it should be "bat mastersons master selections" and "crowdsourced tragedies"

BoldFrankensteinMir

Bat Masterson I think is best as a holiday special for good movies. Black Whip and The Great Rupert are rarified company.

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

why not do the animations every other night?

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Manifisto posted:

why not do the animations every other night?

Like every other week, so we do a good cartoon bad cartoon, good non-cartoon bad non-cartoon, repeat?

Sig by Heather Papps

Leraika

blaise rascal posted:

unfortunately we already watched it as a group just last weekend!

but who knows, maybe bfm will choose to play it again someday. and in the meantime, the whole movie is available for free on YouTube

darn. Too bad real life has kept me from joining y'all as of late. Hopefully that'll change soon!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I'd be down to watch Seder-Masochism, her next feature! For a good movie night, of course (though I'm assuming, I haven't seen it yet!)

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

Like every other week, so we do a good cartoon bad cartoon, good non-cartoon bad non-cartoon, repeat?

that'd be cool!

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight! For the very first As-Yet-Untitled BYOB Movie Night Spin-Off Bad Movie Project (AND part II of Janimation Anuary), join us at midnight GMT (that's 7pm Eastern, 4pm Pacific!) in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for The Skid Kid!

First recommended by forms user Pecan and then again by forums user Nut, this film is... oh. OH. OHHHHHHHHHH now I get it. 'Cause it was November! Ha! Good one! Uh...

Anyway it looks like a student film (AKA long effects test with bad dialog in between) on VHS which is perfect. We're gonna start with some cruddy old industrial shorts 20 minutes before the hour, and maybe a couple after since it's a short feature, who knows? See you there friends!

Sig by Heather Papps

nut

I will make it!!!! I promise it’s so good

BoldFrankensteinMir

nut posted:

I will make it!!!! I promise it’s so good

Oh I believe you, I watched a little and read up on it, what I could find. If it's half as good to riff as The Wizard of Speed and Time we'll be sitting pretty.

Sig by Heather Papps

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
gonna try and make this cause this looks amazing

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Manifisto

I'll be there with bells on!

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I will do my best but I'm working on an immediate need project that I'm PM you about. :love:

BoldFrankensteinMir

That was fantastic. I wish I had magic boots that made the FBI incompetent around me. Those would be useful.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That was fantastic. I wish I had magic boots that made the FBI incompetent around me. Those would be useful.

Haha yeah they would

Manifisto

I have learned that blonde stephanie may respect me for my impressive rear end scooting due to my magic boots, but at the end of the day she respects me more for my black corvette and not scooting on my rear end due to magic boots

ty nesamdoom!

Leraika

I have learned that law enforcement's one weakness is corn.

Heather Papps

hello friend

still trying to figure out what a high class soda would even be

Allie

Leraika posted:

I have learned that law enforcement's one weakness is corn.

garmonbozia?!!!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight! For the good movie night, at midnight GMT (That's 7pm Eastern, 4 Pacific!) join us in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for a whole night of the Fleischer Bros, culminating with their 1939 Masterpiece Gulliver's Travels:

And before the film, we'll watch some crown jewel shorts (IMHO) of the Fleischer collection, Popeye and Superman! What could be better on a cold Saturday night after such a rough week? See you there friends!

Oh and don't think I've forgotten about Notorious, I loving love Hitchcock but I'm thinking we should do a whole month of romances for February, and it'd be the perfect film to start with!

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

Oh and don't think I've forgotten about Notorious, I loving love Hitchcock but I'm thinking we should do a whole month of romances for February, and it'd be the perfect film to start with!

ooh, let's also do a film noir month for "good" movies!

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

:stoked:

biosterous

all i need to do is not forget about movie night for 40 minutes or so!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

lovely

BoldFrankensteinMir

That was a great night of fun cartoons, just what I needed! More soon on special projects and exciting developments!

Sig by Heather Papps

biosterous

that was a lot of fun!

also bfm what was the name of the instrument T1G made, that he played for that song? magic pipe or something?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I need a link to your thesis project video.