Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Where did all the footage for the World Destruction Tour go? Take a look... SHREK 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hospitalized Child Piledriver%

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Star Wars kid AND Shrek

Double backflip STRAIGHT INTO HELL

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!
wow, this THUG2 run really went places

I guess hell is underground???

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"This is an actual category on speedrun.com"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anS1gd6_qXs

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Midwest speedfest and the Pringles community got a shoutout so hope SexRex was listening

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I just want to say that the "I can't attempt to sing donations due to possible copyright strikes" thing is complete insanity and the worst thing is that is not a joke.

Good THPS runs, I forgot how fast these go.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

TeaJay posted:

Midwest speedfest and the Pringles community got a shoutout so hope SexRex was listening

I loving Love Party Man X

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kikas posted:

I just want to say that the "I can't attempt to sing donations due to possible copyright strikes" thing is complete insanity and the worst thing is that is not a joke.

gently caress the DMCA and gently caress the music industry.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love classic Metroid but I don't think I've ever seen a Metroid Prime speedrun. You'd think in these events I'd seen one but I guess they've always been rear end o'clock or deemed otherwise not interesting enough for a VOD?

Let's see which one it is

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

TeaJay posted:

I love classic Metroid but I don't think I've ever seen a Metroid Prime speedrun. You'd think in these events I'd seen one but I guess they've always been rear end o'clock or deemed otherwise not interesting enough for a VOD?

There's been one pretty much every year, going by youtube uploads. They're usually very out of bounds jumping on invisible geometry heavy, which is why they aren't often recommended by the thread.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It's a cool game to watch at least once.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

TeaJay posted:

There was a Metroid Prime run 6 or so years ago with dev commentary

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Are there any dev commentary runs planned this year that look good?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I won't be around for Maxylobes' F.E.A.R. run this morning so I'll post this in advance

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

abrosheen posted:

Are there any dev commentary runs planned this year that look good?

River City Girls had devs on call.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That was a close call lol

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cernunnos posted:

River City Girls had devs on call.

It was interesting to hear just how many of the background characters were pulled from old Technos games outside of the Kunio-kun titles (And that Arc System Works specifically requested a few characters be included.)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Find it extremely amusing that a 100% run of the game doesn't even fight the final boss

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Internet Kraken posted:

Find it extremely amusing that a 100% run of the game doesn't even fight the final boss

Shoulda dropped better loot if it wanted runners to fight it

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just got back. Does anyone know if they've hit the Hades bonus game incentive yet?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
They have.

I think everything has been hit so far.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

That metroid prime run was really fun, i was on tenterhooks when he was at 3% health

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it me or does this year feel more successful then the previous online gdq?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Is it me or does this year feel more successful then the previous online gdq?

It's not really a wonder since last time was the first time they had to put together a production for an online event of this magnitude, so I'd imagine they have lots more experience dealing with various tech issues and runner audio/video sync problems.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this braid run is pretty good. except for all the tapping

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

babypolis posted:

this braid run is pretty good. except for all the tapping

I have no issue with it, dunno if it's because I have a similar loud keyboard (although I do try to make sure it won't be caught with my mic)

But the run was great!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Something I see a lot is people asking "what was my time" and then reacting without any apparent response. Is there some tech guy in their ear but not the broadcast?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
6-star is not a super popular category for Braid, but that was third place overall. Crazy good run.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Yeah the keyboard in the Braid run was pretty annoying. Laffo at it being possible to get the secret ending without collecting that one loving star.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

TeaJay posted:

I have no issue with it, dunno if it's because I have a similar loud keyboard (although I do try to make sure it won't be caught with my mic)

But the run was great!

yeah it wasnt a dealbreaker or anything. the fantastic commentary more than made up for any annoyance

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The PCF rep's husband getting her to play Overcooked is hilarious. Dr. Moorthi owns.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Propaganda Hour posted:

The PCF rep's husband getting her to play Overcooked is hilarious. Dr. Moorthi owns.

She's gonna run Overcooked at SGDQ, just watch.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Two headsets, this guy is a pro gamer

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

site posted:

Two headsets, this guy is a pro gamer

I'm VERY into how he is visibly cringing and leaning left and right when things get dicey in the game.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAYYUUHHHH

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

If anyone has watched Davidtki's runs in recent marathons you might've seen his kids around, they're a very cheerful bunch and like to watch whatever he's playing too

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
YEAAH!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

YAAAAEYUHH