Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

imagine you do a podcast with your brothers and become a father and make dad jokes and then eat nothing but beans for like a year and talk about it all the time on your podcast but then the guy who wrote your theme song stabs you in the back and snatches the Bean Dad moniker right out from under you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

update: griffin says he's using 5e rules but also some homebrewed stuff about ships for both combat and living?

unclear what the technology level is, i assume he means old-timey and not spaceships but the latter is possible

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

imagine you do a podcast with your brothers and become a father and make dad jokes and then eat nothing but beans for like a year and talk about it all the time on your podcast but then the guy who wrote your theme song stabs you in the back and snatches the Bean Dad moniker right out from under you

I have also been thinking about this a lot, about the usurping of Bean Dad

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the important distinction is that justin was bean boy, iirc

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

eke out posted:

update: griffin says he's using 5e rules but also some homebrewed stuff about ships for both combat and living?

unclear what the technology level is, i assume he means old-timey and not spaceships but the latter is possible

Could be spelljammer??????

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Mr Phillby posted:

Tbh I'm glad he didn't double down on the slurs even if his given explanation for those posts is extremely dumb.

I'll probably continue to listen to friendly fire with the new knowledge that one of the hosts is an enormous idiot but probably not a chud. The last episode I listened to before the bean hit the dad they joked about people online calling John a 'liberal cuck' all the time and after 'I can reclaim these slurs myself!' I can see why lol.

It was about time for a new theme song anyway, impecable timing to meltdown on twitter just before the first episode of the year came out.

John was the smarmiest lib to Berniecrats during the primary

DoombatINC posted:

I have also been thinking about this a lot, about the usurping of Bean Dad

the Beanening....it has begun

I HAVE THE POWER

I WILL BE IMMORTAL

...there can be only one

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Piell posted:

Could be spelljammer??????

:pray:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

eke out posted:

there was a mentioned but never done Space setting that I think Griffin wanted to do as a short after Balance.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I keep thinking about how I gotta let the BIG dog RUN.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hate to continue bean chat but :lol:

https://twitter.com/mathewolson/status/1345955014825680897

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Ok Comboomer posted:

and then imagine that in one star-crossed evening you catapult your recognition into the stratosphere, an audience one hundred thousand times larger than your previous base becomes aware of your existence in the blink of an eye

a podcaster’s deepest wish come true—

but, alas, they know you not for your years of podcasting or music, your omnibus of work...not even Omnibus

[...]

there is only bean dad now
For what it's worth, Omnibus' Patreon has bumped up its earnings a cool $1000/mo over the last three days, from which you could draw multiple potentially contradictory conclusions. It would seem in the short term becoming a Bean Dad is not bad for business

(minus the possibly temporary loss of Friendly Fire income and burning goodwill with his friends)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sivart13 posted:

For what it's worth, Omnibus' Patreon has bumped up its earnings a cool $1000/mo over the last three days, from which you could draw multiple potentially contradictory conclusions. It would seem in the short term becoming a Bean Dad is not bad for business

(minus the possibly temporary loss of Friendly Fire income and burning goodwill with his friends)

There’s no way Jesse doesn’t burn Roderick and give Ben+Adam the ultimatum to drop him from FF or lose the support of MaxFun for that podcast (they’d keep Greatest Gen on, of course).

I fully expect Jesse to go exactly the way the McElroys did, and to go about it in the most classically “woke Jesse” way—big and performative.

Problem is, FF has a huge boomer/ex-military contingent in their audience that doesn’t really gel with the rest of MaxFun at all, hates all of the other MaxFun podcasts, etc, and John is 100% their guy vs the two knucklehead millennials. Ben and Adam can’t sustain FF on their own, and it wouldn’t succeed or pull the audience it does if they made it more like Greatest Gen. You drop Roderick and you drop or kill Friendly Fire.

Ben and Adam must be so pissed at Bean Dad right now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ok Comboomer posted:

imagine spending over a decade building your brand online, painstakingly leveraging professional and personal relationships to integrate yourself in several podcasting and internet media communities, slowly increasing your take-home pay from small donations and memberships until you can essentially quit your former career making music and become a full-time internet entertainer. It’s a modest income, but it’s all you—your blood, your sweat, and your tears

and then imagine that in one star-crossed evening you catapult your recognition into the stratosphere, an audience one hundred thousand times larger than your previous base becomes aware of your existence in the blink of an eye

a podcaster’s deepest wish come true—

but, alas, they know you not for your years of podcasting or music, your omnibus of work...not even Omnibus

“bean dad!” they call you

“bean dad!” they cry from atop the houses

“somebody call CPS!” shouts one bystander

“it’s abuse!” cries another

“look, it’s a bunch of horrible horrible race jokes!” yells a man, pointing to a sack of red meat that appears ~8 years old. “Come see! Come see the Bean Dad’s secret crimes!”

“bean dad is a nazi!” jeers a woman

you take your head in your hands

the monkey’s paw has curled a finger, you got your wish of great online fame....but at what cost?

whatever happens to you now—you know not

some high-profile friends have already turned on you, others with more at stake gamely try to defend your honor from the onslaught

John Roderick has been eclipsed and buried by his new, true form

there is only bean dad now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjP38aJS82U

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Ok Comboomer posted:

There’s no way Jesse doesn’t burn Roderick and give Ben+Adam the ultimatum to drop him from FF or lose the support of MaxFun for that podcast (they’d keep Greatest Gen on, of course).

I fully expect Jesse to go exactly the way the McElroys did, and to go about it in the most classically “woke Jesse” way—big and performative.
I don't know if you've already seen these but I read it much more as "we're going to wait to see if this blows over" rather than "I'm going to wait to sink this guy to the bottom of the ocean"

https://twitter.com/MaxFunHQ/status/1346484350007738368

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1346485432888901632

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Justin is the bean daddy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t see how this doesn’t blow over in a week or so at most. At the end of the day this isn’t someone who matters enough.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Zero One posted:

there was a mentioned but never done Space setting that I think Griffin wanted to do as a short after Balance.

Do you mean the one they did for the Hootenanny live show or is there a different space setting they talked about?

That one was real fun for a joke but I don't know it has campaign material.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The existence of this book, and especially the sample tweet in it, has turned my opinion from "John Roderick is a dumbass who tells exaggerated stories, makes music I dislike, and has bad ideas about ironic racism" to "gently caress John Roderick, cancel the podcasts, salt the earth."

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

The existence of this book, and especially the sample tweet in it, has turned my opinion from "John Roderick is a dumbass who tells exaggerated stories, makes music I dislike, and has bad ideas about ironic racism" to "gently caress John Roderick, cancel the podcasts, salt the earth."

imagine being a tree that died for that

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

wizzardstaff posted:

Do you mean the one they did for the Hootenanny live show or is there a different space setting they talked about?

That one was real fun for a joke but I don't know it has campaign material.

No it was just something mentioned I think right after Balance ended. It was even included in the TAZ shorts logo. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/The_Adventure_Zone_Podcast_Cover.jpeg

I think they dropped it after the other shorts took too long and they wanted to start Amnesty.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

If only to watch them start a fire in the phlogiston on the first outing and have to completely start over from the beginning.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
good thing nobody I like has ever made dumb merchandise for a laugh

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Davedave24 posted:

good thing nobody I like has ever made dumb merchandise for a laugh

Yeah, maybe we'll also discover that he's friends with LMM, or that he has some lame bit in his podcast where he just reads off entire ads for free, then we can really dunk on this guy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GoldenJoe posted:

Yeah, maybe we'll also discover that he's friends with LMM, or that he has some lame bit in his podcast where he just reads off entire ads for free, then we can really dunk on this guy.

Wait, You think they should be PAID for Munch Squad? Bold take.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
lol at Roderick having his milkshake duck moment eclipsed by a goddamn attempted coup

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol at Roderick having his milkshake duck moment eclipsed by a goddamn attempted coup

Nah his day was over. Twitter only gives you one.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
loving boys you gotta just stop naming years I'm telling you it's just been gettin' real hairy out here.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The big dog is really runnin today. no bones about it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

twenty big dog run, maybe some bones about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Colonel Whitey posted:

The big dog is really runnin today. no bones about it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bring back Dust. I need more cashew ghost.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1346950339673657346
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1346950409496137735

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

It's Justin's turn to be Bean Dad'd

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1346951156199731202?s=20

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

justin mcelroy.... you've been CANCELED

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Boogaloo Beans

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I honestly needed something dumb to laugh at, so I enjoyed Justin's unfortunate spaghetti post

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Spaghetti Dad

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress Justin’s having his very own I’m Holding Your Hand moment

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I think I saw this episode of Outnumbered