Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

paragon1 posted:

Do you guys think people on Gog Agog's worlds say "Oh my Gog!" instead of "Oh my God!" ?

No one ever says her name out of fear that she might notice and come for a visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm glad that others came to the same conclusion I did, Incubus is saying "Do you understand now? Don't use powers, RUN, WITH YOUR FEET"

Allison's ridiculous Rayuba outfit might not be ideal for that, but she can always strip - you just know that Vigilant Gaze has another Dad Cloak of Decency to cover up the nips so people don't get whiny

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There Bias Two posted:

No one ever says her name out of fear that she might notice and come for a visit.

She doesn't need to visit. She's always there.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

New one:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1346667668842172423

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

of course Jagganoth uses Impact

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not usually down on the art, but I have no idea what Jagganoth is actually doing on this page.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Knocking the dirty boy into the sea.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Into the bath, Garbageboy Stinkman.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He's telekinetically manipulating the swords

Probably some kind of magic

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well yeah, i get panels 1 and 2, the rest is a mystery. Why are there sigils floating in the air? What are the yellow and orange lines, and why are they making a vvvvvvvv noise? Is he recalling his swords to himself or preparing some big attack? Is the Supreme Divine Art to make swords fly, or is something else happening?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm not usually down on the art, but I have no idea what Jagganoth is actually doing on this page.

He throws a big flying sword at Incubus and it connects. That's gotta hurt

In the last panel he's pulling more swords out of the ground, ready to be thrown at someone else.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

sirtommygunn posted:

He's posing while his sword are summoned back to his side, while magic symbols manifest to indicate that he's about to do something sick as hell.

C'mon guys, it's like you've never read a shonen manga before.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

sirtommygunn posted:

It took me a couple seconds to notice that Incubus was being pushed away by a sword in the first panel, not the least because I was expecting a larger sword.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Well yeah, i get panels 1 and 2, the rest is a mystery. Why are there sigils floating in the air? What are the yellow and orange lines, and why are they making a vvvvvvvv noise? Is he recalling his swords to himself or preparing some big attack? Is the Supreme Divine Art to make swords fly, or is something else happening?

Did you forget the previous page already?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

All this helping some posters along with their reading comprehension is distracting from what really matters:
https://twitter.com/Marceline2174/status/1346614098981621761

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Begemot posted:

He's posing while his sword are summoned back to his side, while magic symbols manifest to indicate that he's about to do something sick as hell.

C'mon guys, it's like you've never read a shonen manga before.

Or even played a videogame.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Badass panel but the Impact font sorta ruins it imo :sigh:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think it's probably the most appropriate font choice tbh, it's just the rest of the internet at large that changed how people perceive it.

It's the sort of no-nonsense, no-loving-around font you'd see used as the translation for a big 2-page splash panel of an old fighting manga, overlaid on top of the impact-font-like, vertical-oriented kanji of the attack name on the side.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The tether is still attached. Sort of suspecting that 'Blood Draining' isn't a figure of speech, and Jagg has just stolen some of Incubus's poo poo as well.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Xarbala posted:

I think it's probably the most appropriate font choice tbh, it's just the rest of the internet at large that changed how people perceive it.

It's the sort of no-nonsense, no-loving-around font you'd see used as the translation for a big 2-page splash panel of an old fighting manga, overlaid on top of the impact-font-like, vertical-oriented kanji of the attack name on the side.

I went back and checked, and it's the same font used for PERFECT KILL: TOTAL LIFE ANHILATION which is an incredible panel, so I guess it's not the font itself I'm reacting to, more the placement. The text overlaps with the already busy sword effects, diluting the effect and making the contrast between the hand-drawn text and the font more noticeable. Compared to the PERFECT KILL which has half the panel composition dedicated to it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I went back and checked, and it's the same font used for PERFECT KILL: TOTAL LIFE ANHILATION which is an incredible panel, so I guess it's not the font itself I'm reacting to, more the placement. The text overlaps with the already busy sword effects, diluting the effect and making the contrast between the hand-drawn text and the font more noticeable. Compared to the PERFECT KILL which has half the panel composition dedicated to it.
It also punctuated the end of PERFECT KILL: TOTAL LIFE OBLITERATION, a technique you'd just witnessed in full. Here, you've just seen Incubus get pushed by something (which he's very clearly blocked) into a large body of water with a really big splash. I have no loving idea what BLOOD DRAINING SWORD-SOUL just did.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

maswastaken posted:

I have no loving idea what BLOOD DRAINING SWORD-SOUL just did.

If I had to take a guess, Jagganoth is using the soul of a sword to drain blood of his enemy.

So a not-quite physical manifestation of a sword that stabs you and eats your blood.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, that I can agree with. Still pretty menacing nonetheless.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I can't believe Incubus loving drowned.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Incubus clean

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Incubus clean

Impossible!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

nimby posted:

If I had to take a guess, Jagganoth is using the soul of a sword to drain blood of his enemy.

So a not-quite physical manifestation of a sword that stabs you and eats your blood.
And I'd still like to have seen that. Again, all that was shown was "Sword exist - it magic"

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
It's a blood draining sword not a blood drowning sword.

If you have Head of John and your blood is drained do you just become like, a mummy head?

Also a fun thing about this combo of words is they're badass in any order lmao

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Yea this panel is weird. I truly thought it was an SA B-Ball edit when I read it this morning.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ThaumPenguin posted:

Incubus clean

Incubus doesn't get clean, that just made a bunch of water filthy.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Impact is good and this is an appropriate use of it, gently caress the haters.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
This is... the beginning of the technique, not the end? It seems very clear from context?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

magic manga powers have cool names that don't always perfectly describe what the power does, because the #1 rule for naming manga powers is to sound cool as hell

all we need to know from this page is that Jagganoth has powers with cool names and Incubus just got rekt

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Dog Kisser posted:

This is... the beginning of the technique, not the end? It seems very clear from context?

Yeah, agreed. Unlike with Solomon David, we're seeing the technique name here before the result. Jagganoth is calling his attack.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

Impact is good and this is an appropriate use of it, gently caress the haters.

It took me too long to realize you were talking about fonts and not anime attacks

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Folks it's just his ability to control floating swords around him that fly and stab whatever he wants and apparently explode from what it looks like it did to Incubus.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They can't all be Empty Palm Vanquishes the Wicked

Sometimes it's gotta be DEATH SWORD PIERCES THE HEAVENS: BLOOD INFERNO

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Kalli posted:

They can't all be Empty Palm Vanquishes the Wicked

Sometimes it's gotta be DEATH SWORD PIERCES THE HEAVENS: BLOOD INFERNO

[Incubus voice]You are beginning to understand

RBA Starblade